Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2010, 06:39 PM   #421
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Lea - I think that was a smart idea to give her the candy and ask her to pass it out at the neighbors house....good thinking! You are doing great. Today I was shopping and decided to buy some sugarfree Truffles to make up for not eating he candy I'm passing out this evening. The mini Truffles were 20 carbs for 3 pcs which was a serving (bag had 8 in them). Well, if you've ever eaten anything with Malitol you know the effects...I ended up eating all 8

Last edited by Fit2010; 10-31-2010 at 06:41 PM..

Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2010, 07:06 PM   #422
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ericak44
Stats: 189/180/ size 10
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 10/1/10- restart 5/29/12
Lea- that is great! You did what you had to do to succeed.

I have been on Medi for a month tomorrow and I am thrilled with the results. I was at a huge adult only Halloween party last night and was very proud that I did not eat anything allowed on Medi. I had planned for it and was prepared. However, that being said, I really fell off the Medi wagon today for the first time and I am disappointed in myself. I had a few drinks at the party, got up this morning, was still in Mod. ketosis and weighed myself and the scale was down. That was the worst thing for me to do. I did well all day, gave out fruit roll ups (which I don't like) and pretzels (which I couldn't eat if I wanted to because of my gluten allergy). I did not prepare for the Snickers bars that jumped in my mouth. 2 of them! WTH! I guess I could have eaten more than that but it was the first time I felt out of control since I started Medi. Hoping I will still be in ketosis tomorrow and lesson to prepare beyond the actual event as not to fall apart the next day.

Thank you for sharing your strengths in dealing with eating holidays. I know there are quite a few in our near future.
Old 10-31-2010, 07:50 PM   #423
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
Ann - Whew! Those elephant ears sound way too tempting ....but I bet it leaves you with a greasy film in your mouth! (Esp when we're so carb free!)

Mary - I've been doing week 1 (mostly) since Thursday and this AM was down 5.2 of the 6 lbs I'd been over goal. So, perhaps increasing your calories for a couple days to 1000 or 1200, and then backing down to week 1 will do it for you. Just a couple hundred may not do it. Also, I find I really really have to plan to drink the full amount of water. So, get your 100 to 124 oz of water daily and add anything else you drink on top of that. You should be running to the bathroom every hour, if not a couple times an hour throughout the day. If your body is "thirsty" it will hold on to water and not release it for anything. But if you give it water, it will flush you out. Hope this helps. JMHO
Last weigh-in they said to do 500 one day, then either 650 or 700 the next. They said if my stall isn't broken by this weigh-in they'll talk to the Dr. I asked if I should go higher than the 700 and they said "no not at this point". Yesterday I didn't get as much of my 128 oz of fluids as water......probably 70 oz, but today I got in over 100oz in plain water. Getting all of my fluids has never been a problem, in fact at one point I was getting too much. I drink (and pee) during the night too (that amount isn't added into my daily total). Yesterday I went to the BR right before I left, then stopped about half way to "go", then made a mad dash for the bathroom as soon as I arrived, so it works out to hitting the restroom about every hour!
DH and I went to a movie this afternoon. He's really been craving popcorn. (pre Medi I was the one who HAD to have popcorn at a movie, and I hogged MOST of it). He got a small bag and I have to tell you the smell almost gagged me! I wasn't tempted in the least! He ate about 1/2 the bag and said that "cured" him! He said it wasn't nearly as good as he remembered!
I brined another turkey, and roasted it today. It was SO good. I'll probably make turkey, vegetable soup later in the week for a change. It's still in the 80's here during the day, so isn't really soup weather yet.

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford
Old 10-31-2010, 10:32 PM   #424
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
Come on over to the new November thread! Looking forward to seeing you there! This thread will be locked shortly. See you soon!

*.*Nuttily Nutricious November for MWL*.*

Jo

Last edited by Desert-Rose7; 10-31-2010 at 10:35 PM..
Closed Thread