Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2010, 11:17 AM   #391
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
One thing I really like about this WOE is that I am pretty good about getting myself back on track when I have a not so great day. Maintance is hard but it's doable. I had an over eating day a few days ago and was feeling blah, but this yesterday I had a great day, and ran 5 miles last night, and today I feel so much better both emotionaly and physically.

Best of luck to everyone through the Halloween weekend (which is followed by my oldest turning 8 on the 3rd). Things are SUPER busy around here so I rarely have time to get on here anymore, but I do try to read and keep up with everyone.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2010, 11:18 AM   #392
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Paulyesthers
Stats: 206.2/145/145
WOE: MediWeight Loss Clinics
Start Date: October 18, 2010
Question - I'm feeling REALLY bloated - no thanks to the time of the month. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm not really eating anything with increased salt right now just to avoid extra water weight. Please help - I'm miserable, and don't usually feel this way!
Old 10-28-2010, 12:43 PM   #393
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: think-skinny
Stats: 201.4/129/125/5'1.5"
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 08-13-10
Boo'd twice!!! Yesterday I was planning on Boo'ing some of my other Moms Club friends from the first boo'ing and had DH make the copies for me to stick with the others. Another mom boo'd me before I could post my sign. Needless to say I hightailed it out of the house to get rid of all the temptation. I split all the stuff that came to us between the others and needless to say the temptation is gone and my sign is posted. Next year I will be the one to start the boo'ing so I can have my sign posted early!
Old 10-28-2010, 12:53 PM   #394
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulyesthers View Post
Question - I'm feeling REALLY bloated - no thanks to the time of the month. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm not really eating anything with increased salt right now just to avoid extra water weight. Please help - I'm miserable, and don't usually feel this way!
As strange as this may sound since you are already retaining water - but you need to drink more water. It really will help flush your system. Weeks when I know that I've had at least 100 oz a day are the weeks when my water weight stays consistent....when I start slacking on the water, I always go up in water weight. I know others will agree on this too...good luck!
Old 10-28-2010, 03:50 PM   #395
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnK
Stats: 5'2" 133/133/115
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 7/22/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2princesses View Post
As strange as this may sound since you are already retaining water - but you need to drink more water. It really will help flush your system. Weeks when I know that I've had at least 100 oz a day are the weeks when my water weight stays consistent....when I start slacking on the water, I always go up in water weight. I know others will agree on this too...good luck!
I agree! I lost the least on the weeks my body was "retaining" the water since I wasn't drinking enough for it to be happy . At least that's what my clinic staff told me.
Old 10-28-2010, 04:13 PM   #396
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Lea, Charlene, Keri, and friends! First of all, Lea, I'm so happy to hear the relief in your message. Whew!! That makes me curious because about little over a month ago I told the MWL doc that my primary doc decreased my Metformin from three times a day to two times a day because my numbers (hemaglobin A1C) looked so much better. Then I started adding in grains and increasing carbs...and cravings increased too. Perhaps I need to go back up to three times a day with my Metformin!
~Anyways, meanwhile I am going back to the MWL Fat Burners once or twice a day, 1/2 to 1 of my AS (I had leftover) daily, and 500-600 calories just protein for 4 days, followed by 1 wk of adding just salads, followed by then adding in other veggies and possibly fruit. All this is at the recommendation of the nurse at MWL because today I am 6 lbs over goal! But, I have not gained any fat, in fact I've lost a teeny smidge of fat since my last visit, but was up, up, up on water. Waist is the same as it's been, 29". When I'm checking on my students on Tues and Wed I don't drink as much, particularly now that I have less body fat and I feel colder! (I'm surprised because I'm wearing a uniform and a lab coat, and walking all over the place--2 miles I've had on the pedometer just going between the various ICUs and areas of the hospital several times a day.) SO, I need to increase my water and I need to use the treadmill at home in the AMs if I choose not to bundle up and run outside. Or, go to the gym. Also, after my appt I went out and bought a 3/4 length white sweater to wear under my lab coat
~I need to get in at least 100 oz of water daily. I bought some crystalized lime powder in the baking section of the grocery store and I thought about adding that to cups of hot water every so often through the day so I'd have something flavorful and warm, but no calories or preservatives or anything. I don't much like lemon quite as well.
~In two weeks I'll have my fasting labs drawn and start maintenance for real. She says that she thinks I'll be down 3 lbs by then....well, I plan to be down 6 lbs by then! Now I've got a GOAL!
~Also, our clinic has just started monthly support group meetings, the next meeting is next Monday at 5:30; I'll be there!! (I'll go for at least an hour).
~I also told her about the Celebrate Recovery program and she thinks that's GREAT and may refer others to find out about it too. I told her I hope MWL starts something like this specifically regarding eating so we feel free to talk, where others might think "how trivial to complain about." You know what I mean?
~I told the nurse I felt like I'd let MWL down by gaining and eating when anxious, etc. She assured me, "No, this is about YOU, it's not about us." She also said, "Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas...will be here every single year. We just have to learn how to have a 'little' of what is special and say no to the rest." She said our MWL doc (who'd lost on the program prior to starting our clinic) said that it took her a year of being at goal before she finally could THINK of herself as being her current size, and not think of herself as being her pre-MWL size. She recommends photos to show myself how much I've worked on, and that I have become healthier. So, I do really want to send my photos in so that my before and after will be side by side (AND UPRIGHT!) on this avatar.
~So, I received answers. Lots of answers! It was an excellent visit for me too!
Got to write a report for school due by midnight! Talk with you later

Last edited by Fit2010; 10-28-2010 at 04:24 PM..
Old 10-28-2010, 07:51 PM   #397
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sally1
Stats: 254/207/175
WOE: medi
Start Date: June 2
Hello!

Mommy2 I have been watching your success ( i'm from RI too) you have done so well. I was on this board in the beginning a lot but just mostly read on a daily basis now.

I really value everyone's comments. I learned so much from all of you.

I was over doing it with the almond butter (favorite food) so I'm taking a few days off of that. NOT EASY!

lins- I agree with getting back on track... it's so much eaiser with this woe

more later...
Old 10-29-2010, 03:51 AM   #398
Senior LCF Member

~Also, our clinic has just started monthly support group meetings, the next meeting is next Monday at 5:30; I'll be there!! (I'll go for at least an hour).
[/QUOTE]

Deb ~ this is a GREAT idea! I'm going to suggest it to my clinic. It would probably help (at least me) get through the next few months as I transition & adjust to wellness. Of course, this forum has been a HUGE support in that way, but another tool in the old bag of tricks toward maintaining this WOL is always good, no?
Old 10-29-2010, 01:26 PM   #399
Senior LCF Member

Sally1 - Thank you! You haven't done too shabby there yourself, good job!

Deb - I agree with Ann, the idea of a support group at MWL is a great idea. I definitely will ask my clinic if they are thinking about having one as well. It would be like this forum, just in person (on second thought - nothing could be as good as the group of support here...but it might be a close 2nd!). You menioned doing 1/2 to 1 AS daily, at what point are we done with those? Transition? Maintenance? I have found myself this past week only taking 1/day....an am toying with the idea of cutting down from 2 to 1 (my clinic hasn't said anything about it yet). My cravings that I have don't stem from true hunger, so I don't feel as if I rely on the AS physically as much - but emotionally I think I still do. Yet another thing to ponder!

I love how Deb's MWL Dr. took a yr of being at goal before thinking of herself as her current weight, and not her pre-MWL weight. I catch glimpses of myself in mirrors, or reflections in windows...and there is always that second of thinking its someone else. It amazes me when I stop and look, that it REALLY is me standing there.

Ok, so I bought size 10's today! 3 pairs....2 pairs of courduroys and 1 pair of jeans at The Loft! The jeans were a tad tight (but were 30% off, then I had a 25% off coupon off of that...knew I'd want them soon, figured best price was today). BUT - the cords fit PERFECT! My mom was telling me how proud she was of me, it felt really good to hear those words.

Over 100lbs. GONE FOREVER
Thanks to MWL!
8 months to Wellness....5/11/10 - 1/11/11
Old 10-29-2010, 03:29 PM   #400
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dodgern
Stats: 236/150.6/140- now on maintenance
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 2/26/09
Hi Keri

It's been a year for me too Actually,it was a year in September!

I STILL stop once in a while because I really don't believe that it's my reflection I'm seeing in a window or a mirror!!! I think I still dream that I'm FAT....yep, I can say that!!! I was FAT NOW I'm thin and "normal".
I spent years being overweight ,had a few years thin then back to FAT again BUT now I'm no longer that overweight person
Just as you are no longer that person It will take you a while to absorb this fact.
We're still "mentally" fat/obese/overweight....whatever terminology you want to use.
I still dream that I'm fat!!!! I scare myself in the mirror after those "dreams" should read NIGHTMARES!!!!
Just love the new you and embrace the fact that it will always be the you that you want to see in that mirror!!!!

cindy

PS: CONGRATS at your accomplishment!!!!!!
Old 10-29-2010, 06:02 PM   #401
Major LCF Poster!

Keri, Actually I don't know when the clinic would usually stop giving them. I haven't asked for them for quite some time prior to leaving. I just knew if I was seriously going to try to get this 6 lbs off I'd need some initial help! Did you get my PM?
Old 10-30-2010, 07:25 AM   #402
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kelly4me
Stats: Lost 53 pounds 2010, Restart 2013
WOE: MWL in 2010, Low Carb 2013
Start Date: 8/27/2010, 10/22/2013
I am excited that I met my "projected" half way point this week. I'm not sure exactly where I'll end up - it depends on how I feel once I get closer to goal, but so far I am more than thrilled with Medi. What a life-changing program!
Old 10-30-2010, 07:29 AM   #403
Senior LCF Member

Deb - got your PM, about to respond now! I feel like the bottle of extra AS that I have is a small bottle of gold....who knows when/if I'll part with them! I do think I'm ready to cut down to 1 AS a day though and will probably try it on my own for a week or two before telling the clinic! Just in case!
Old 10-30-2010, 08:45 AM   #404
Major LCF Poster!

Keri - I just PM'd you back! I'm down 3.8 lbs just since Thursday AM! I think it's been making a difference to cut out carbs (mostly) and to be back on the MWL Fat Burners, of course exercised yesterday, and have been drinking water much more. So I'm just 2.2lbs over goal already! Crazy that I can feel the difference in my legs and core/flank area already--guess that's where I puff out my fat cells soonest. Blech! Trying not to be anxious, oldest DD emailed very early this AM about reception ideas for her wedding and wants thoughts, etc....If I ate for every time I had an anxious thought I'd be right back up to 190 and beyond!! I'm not gonna go there again....food is just fuel, and this vehicle is not a double 18 wheeler rig! Nope, I'm an efficient sweet looking all purpose faithful vehicle! Just passing through...
Old 10-30-2010, 12:49 PM   #405
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sunflower531
Stats: 143/133.2/125
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 4/14/14
....I have 4 lbs to go to reach my goal. I am so ready to be done with this phase. I'm thinking of seeing if I can go ahead and start. It's gotten to the point that I am so sick of the same foods...I'm not eating. Which is bad! I'm also tired of my hair falling out!
Old 10-30-2010, 01:06 PM   #406
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tydreamer
Start Date: 2/10/10
I'm in a really good place right now. I ordered some OA materials to go along with some old stuff I dug out and I'm going to make this a way of life for me in addition to Medi. I feel in control, not only of my eating and food, but of my life. I haven't felt that way in a very, very long time. Now, that's not to say that I'll still feel that way tomorrow, but for today, that's enough. Something just "clicked" at my visit on Wednesday. I've been guzzling the water, limiting my carbs to fruits and veggies only, and made sure to eat at least 600 calories of protein each day. I'm three pounds UNDER goal as of this morning. AND for the first time in about a bazillion years, it isn't even about the weight. It's about the feeling of sanity and serenity and peace. Today is a good day.
Old 10-30-2010, 01:25 PM   #407
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Lea - Did you start your Metformin again? That's probably helping. I haven't increased back to 3 times a day, just two for now per personal MD last visit a couple months ago. For me, I think the fat burners are helping today. And going back to primarily only protein -- which makes me more thirsty...not a bad thing.

Wish my Mizzou team would get it together! My DH is having a yell fest at the TV....yikes! What happened to my team from last week? And it's not even the end of the first quarter!!!

Come on Tigers! Let's GO!! (please?! )
Old 10-30-2010, 01:51 PM   #408
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
Hey Lea - Did you start your Metformin again? That's probably helping. I haven't increased back to 3 times a day, just two for now per personal MD last visit a couple months ago. For me, I think the fat burners are helping today. And going back to primarily only protein -- which makes me more thirsty...not a bad thing.

Wish my Mizzou team would get it together! My DH is having a yell fest at the TV....yikes! What happened to my team from last week? And it's not even the end of the first quarter!!!

Come on Tigers! Let's GO!! (please?! )
Yea, Deb, we're watching the Mizzou game, too... this has been a very strange yr for college football. DH's team, Alabama, got trounced by SC (at least it's our state!) & so many other surprises... makes it interesting if frustrating!
Old 10-30-2010, 02:03 PM   #409
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Ann - My team is looking like their showing up for 2nd quarter...finally!

Sunflower - I'm so excited that you are so close to goal!! You've been doing so well...forty lbs in 3 to 3 1/2 months! WOW!!! You gotta eat, though. Perhaps try some different things...look at the Energy In/Energy Out thread for some ideas. You don't want to be sick of everything, cuz when you go to transition it's just the same protein, veggies, fruit, and adding some starches. So, try to vary things in your protein now. I'll be looking into SOUPS when I'm done with this week and a half of getting refocused. Also, just remember...MWL WORKS! Look at me, I'm back to focusing on losing the 6 lbs over goal I had come back on from parents visiting for almost 1 1/2 weeks (and I'd decreased my exercise during that time), but 2 days of true week 1 and it's taken me back into ketosis. Protein primarily times like this really cuts down on the cravings, makes me want to drink more water due to increased thirst, and I feel my body shrinking every day. Just telling you all this so when you get frustrated (if you do) with carb cravings you'll remember the tools that we've been taught really, really work! And keep coming here....

Last edited by Fit2010; 10-30-2010 at 02:05 PM..
Old 10-30-2010, 02:04 PM   #410
Senior LCF Member

Hi all on this beautiful fall day!
Well, I reached goal a couple of weeks ago, and I'm actually below by 2 lbs now... size 6 pants fit comfortably. So, I'm supposed to be on 1,000 cals a day and here's the problem: my fats are supposed to stay no more than 34 grams a day... I'm really struggling to get even close to 1,000 without going over the 34 fats. Most likely because I need to increase my veggies & fruits. I was also told to limit red meat to 1x per week. But then I need to include the grains/starches... it's all becoming a jumble in my head and I'm worried about gaining all the time. This phase is actually harder for me than the first few weeks! THEN, last night, DH & I went to the fair... the FAIR, with all that fair food wafting its scents thru the air!! I did okay, but had some fried (of course) chicken nuggets... probably a thousand grams of all bad stuff. At least I passed on my beloved elephant ears. Peace.
Old 10-30-2010, 03:34 PM   #411
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tydreamer View Post
I'm in a really good place right now. I ordered some OA materials to go along with some old stuff I dug out and I'm going to make this a way of life for me in addition to Medi. I feel in control, not only of my eating and food, but of my life. I haven't felt that way in a very, very long time. Now, that's not to say that I'll still feel that way tomorrow, but for today, that's enough. Something just "clicked" at my visit on Wednesday. I've been guzzling the water, limiting my carbs to fruits and veggies only, and made sure to eat at least 600 calories of protein each day. I'm three pounds UNDER goal as of this morning. AND for the first time in about a bazillion years, it isn't even about the weight. It's about the feeling of sanity and serenity and peace. Today is a good day.
Lea, How wonderful! I'm SO glad to read such good news!
I had a pretty good day also. I had to take a road trip up to central Florida (DeBary) to drop off books and help a friend a bit. Since I'm trying to break a plateau I had DH pack me a lunch to eat on the way. The clinic said I'm letting too much time go in between eating, so I had enough to last for the whole trip. He packed my AS and Fatburner as well! I took lots of fluids along (had to stop once each way, and it's only a two hour trip). Now it's time for dinner and I'm still stuffed! Guess that's better than starving! I'm looking at the soup recipies too Debbie!

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford
Old 10-30-2010, 04:22 PM   #412
Major LCF Poster!

Ann- Well, at least my team showed up for the 2nd-4th quarters. It was a hard hitting game and I'm glad our guys are all okay. My, my, my....DH yelling at the TV now for teams we don't really even care about! But I'm done. Mainly I cheer for Mizzou and K-State, DD X2's alma maters. Occasionally I'll cheer for Kansas too, if my teams are out.

Mary - Glad you had a good trip. How sweet of your DH. I've got a great one too...we are blessed! Hope you have a great rest of the weekend. Let me know what soups you try and find are "keepers." I always like to put lots of basil and lots of veggies and either beef or hamburger in my soups....will have to think of something other than adding a bread with it. Perhaps high fiber rye crisps?

Last edited by Fit2010; 10-30-2010 at 04:25 PM..
Old 10-30-2010, 05:41 PM   #413
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Nance7
Stats: 5'3" 165/125/135 Restart 7/9/12 at 142
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 5/31/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnK View Post
Hi all on this beautiful fall day!
Well, I reached goal a couple of weeks ago, and I'm actually below by 2 lbs now... size 6 pants fit comfortably. So, I'm supposed to be on 1,000 cals a day and here's the problem: my fats are supposed to stay no more than 34 grams a day... I'm really struggling to get even close to 1,000 without going over the 34 fats. Most likely because I need to increase my veggies & fruits. I was also told to limit red meat to 1x per week. But then I need to include the grains/starches... it's all becoming a jumble in my head and I'm worried about gaining all the time. This phase is actually harder for me than the first few weeks! THEN, last night, DH & I went to the fair... the FAIR, with all that fair food wafting its scents thru the air!! I did okay, but had some fried (of course) chicken nuggets... probably a thousand grams of all bad stuff. At least I passed on my beloved elephant ears. Peace.
Ann! Congratulations on doing so much so fast, being at goal and getting into those size 6 pants!! I'm below goal, too, wearing size 6 pants (or a ZERO at Chico's, if you have that and know about their sizing), bad about adding in starches, worried about gaining an ounce, just like you. Funny--my clinic hasn't mentioned counting fat grams at all, during the entire process. They haven't mentioned limiting red meats, either (although I do, just because I don't really crave them). I am not doing well in transition at all. It's more like acute with maybe one starch added in per day, with trepidation! I'm not getting as much guidance as you are at your clinic. My clinic just opened in March, so maybe they don't have as much experience with transition and maintenance?

I don't know how you resisted elephant ears, my fave, too. Also, my husband is a huge Alabama fan, too.

We're getting ready to leave for a week in Key West! Talk about temptation! Bars everywhere, key lime pie, conch fritters, Cuban food, etc., etc. I will try to seek out fresh seafood and salads, drink tons of water, the occasional Michelob Ultra, and we will bike all over the island while we listen to Buffett-style trop-rock music all week! At least we'll have a kitchen, so that I can get some groceries and fix some meals in.
Old 10-30-2010, 05:51 PM   #414
Senior LCF Member

Debbie - I AM back on the metformin - twice a day, but only a half pill each time. I think it says after 14 days I'll be up to 1 whole pill in the morning and 1 in the evening. By then I should really be feeling the effects.

Mary, I laughed to read that you had to stop on your road trip even tho it's only two hours each way. I drink so much water all day long, I'm constantly getting up to go to the bathroom. Sometimes it makes me crazy. I hope you break thru your plateau soon!
Old 10-30-2010, 08:40 PM   #415
Major LCF Poster!

Nancy - Hope you have a wonderful vacation. Sounds really tropical and fun....yummy food!

BTW - What are elephant ears? I haven't been to the Fair in several years but I don't know if they have elephant ears in KS.

Lea - I'm glad you're back on it (Metformin). Both my primary doc and our MWL doc said with the family history of diabetes and my own insulin resistance per lab I'd need to be on it from now on, even at goal. No problem. Are you going on Monday evening to the clinic meeting?
Old 10-31-2010, 05:31 AM   #416
Senior LCF Member

Thank you Nancy, and congrats on your success! You have been such an inspiration & cheerleader for me throughout the past few months, and I so appreciate your presence. Have a wonderful vacation ~ we've talked of going to KW a lot, but haven't made it there yet. I'm sure you'll do fine with your eating, and there will most likely be lots of walking and/or bike riding to use up those cals.
Deb ~ elephant ears are big flat pieces (about 6" - 9" across, I'd guess) of fried yeast bread covered in butter & cinnamon sugar or other sweet toppings. To me it tastes like a big flat donut. I grew up in Ohio where the county fairs had them, so I would have thought KS would also have them. ANYWAY, it would probably have made up a day or so of my calorie/ carb/ and-or fat allotment !
Old 10-31-2010, 06:32 AM   #417
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tydreamer View Post
Debbie - I AM back on the metformin - twice a day, but only a half pill each time. I think it says after 14 days I'll be up to 1 whole pill in the morning and 1 in the evening. By then I should really be feeling the effects.

Mary, I laughed to read that you had to stop on your road trip even tho it's only two hours each way. I drink so much water all day long, I'm constantly getting up to go to the bathroom. Sometimes it makes me crazy. I hope you break thru your plateau soon!
DH was diagnosed as INSULIN RESISTANT (it used to be called Syndrome X. it includes a lot of other symptoms like high BP)) about 12 years ago, and then at his highest weight he was put on Actos. Even with the Actos his weightloss was slower at first. The clinic said it would "resolve itself" as he lost weight, and it appears to have at least improved since he's had a couple of big weight loss weeks. He saw his primary Dr. 2 weeks ago and the Dr. wants to keep him off of the Actos since his glucose, and A1C were good. I still wonder if something like Metformin wouldn't be a good idea.

I weighed myself this AM and I'm STILL stuck at 160 I'm basically doing week 1 (protein only) but I'm varying the amount......650 cal of protein one day and 500 cal the next! This is what the clinic said to do as well as what I read about here.
I'm watching my sodium intake (it's not always as low as it probably should be)! writing down EVERYTHING that goes into my mouth, both food and water. I've limited my diet soda intake to 1 a day, and making sure at LEAST 1/2 of my fluids are just plain water. I'm in ketosis (small amount) so something has to give SOON!

I noticed that the toe ring I wear (it is a solid ring, not one that is split) is VERY loose this morning and the top part keeps turning to the bottom, yet my wedding ring isn't all that loose
Old 10-31-2010, 04:07 PM   #418
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Nance7
Stats: 5'3" 165/125/135 Restart 7/9/12 at 142
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 5/31/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnK View Post
Deb ~ elephant ears are big flat pieces (about 6" - 9" across, I'd guess) of fried yeast bread covered in butter & cinnamon sugar or other sweet toppings. To me it tastes like a big flat donut. I grew up in Ohio where the county fairs had them, so I would have thought KS would also have them. ANYWAY, it would probably have made up a day or so of my calorie/ carb/ and-or fat allotment !
The last time I went to the Fair, they had chocolate and vanilla custard to go on them, as well as cherry pie filling and such as that, with confectioner's sugar dusted on top of that! Our State Fair also does decadent stuff like fried candy bars. Just unbelievable.

On another sugary note, this is the first time since I started MWL that there is CANDY in the house! It's sitting in a bowl by the door, and precious little ones have been by to get it, but I'm so afraid there are going to be leftovers. DH has to get it out of my sight as soon as all the kiddies have been by. Candy and sugar in general are my downfalls. After I bought it, I made him hide it in the house, so that I didn't have to look at it.
Old 10-31-2010, 04:07 PM   #419
Major LCF Poster!

Ann - Whew! Those elephant ears sound way too tempting ....but I bet it leaves you with a greasy film in your mouth! (Esp when we're so carb free!)

Mary - I've been doing week 1 (mostly) since Thursday and this AM was down 5.2 of the 6 lbs I'd been over goal. So, perhaps increasing your calories for a couple days to 1000 or 1200, and then backing down to week 1 will do it for you. Just a couple hundred may not do it. Also, I find I really really have to plan to drink the full amount of water. So, get your 100 to 124 oz of water daily and add anything else you drink on top of that. You should be running to the bathroom every hour, if not a couple times an hour throughout the day. If your body is "thirsty" it will hold on to water and not release it for anything. But if you give it water, it will flush you out. Hope this helps. JMHO
Old 10-31-2010, 05:27 PM   #420
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nance7 View Post

On another sugary note, this is the first time since I started MWL that there is CANDY in the house! It's sitting in a bowl by the door, and precious little ones have been by to get it, but I'm so afraid there are going to be leftovers. DH has to get it out of my sight as soon as all the kiddies have been by. Candy and sugar in general are my downfalls. After I bought it, I made him hide it in the house, so that I didn't have to look at it.
HA HA, Nancy! I didin't buy my candy until yesterday and then left it in the bags out in the garage until tonite. My daughter brought it in and started putting it in a big bowl. We get as many as 300 kids in my neighborhood so I usually end up buying like 20 big bags of candy. This year I bought 8. And I decided when it was gone, it's gone. AND if we didn't get that many, I'd start doubling up and tripling and whatever I needed to do to not have even one piece left in the house. Well the kids both pulled back about five Snicker bars each, 5 Kit Kats, Miks Duds, Reece's Peanut Butter cups, Skittles and Starbursts and I told them to get them out of my sight. I sat by the door eating baby carrots while handing out the candy. It wasn't until I smelled the Snicker bars that I was even tempted and then I sent my daughter with all the candy to the neighbor's house to hand out the candy there. Is that wrong????
Closed Thread