Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2010, 03:48 PM   #361
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: diertac
Stats: 196.6/167.2/155
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 09/21/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2princesses View Post
I had my weigh-in this morning, down 3.9 lbs for a total of 82.1. The counselor was asking me about my "goal" weight of being 160, she thinks I should aim for 165 - and she said to throw out any notions I have of the BMI chart!...

Interested to know how everyone found their "goal" weight...anyone want to share how they knew? ...

diertac - Woo-hoo, congrats! I would love to do a 1/2 marathon, none around here right now - maybe that will be a spring goal! Good for you!
Thank you Keri! It was a lot of work, but it was an incredible sense of accomplishment to do it and get it done!

The earlier part of your post interests me a great deal. When I signed up, I set my goal weight at 135. I'm 5'6.5" and that would be solidly within a "healthy" BMI range.

In truth, I've never been able to maintain below 145 using other weight loss methods as an adult, but I figured with the appetite suppressant, and the B-12 shots, and the amazing results I saw with a friend of mine who lost 75 pounds, what the heck? I might as well go for it!

Well, they're already starting to ask me at each and every visit what my goal weight is. I KNOW it's written down there. And today the counselor was talking about taking me off the appetite suppressant and upping my caloric intake. They've already got me up to 900 a day!

I told him that once I reached the 150's (I'm 179 right now) I'd be more than happy to discuss it, but not until then.

I want to be skinny. There - I said it. S-K-I-N-N-Y! I want to be the kind of person that you look at and you can never imagine that they were ever heavy! I'm fine if it's a muscular skinny, but I'm gonna be really annoyed if they start trying to pull me off the plan and into maintenance above 145 or so... So, I'm interested in your experience, and I'm interested in what others' responses to you are. Let us know how it goes!

BTW, FWIW I think you look fantastic in your photo!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2010, 04:22 PM   #362
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mccosby
Stats: 218/146/150
WOE: medi weightloss
Start Date: August 2010
So, I had my weigh in today - down three pounds. I told the counselor today that I was doing Body Pump classes as one of my exercise days. She said something like "this diet isn't about gaining muscle - you shouldn't gain muscle on this diet - muscle weighs more than fat and the point of this diet is to lose weight". Then she said clearly "you need to keep you eyes on the goal."

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I'm sorry, but I think the point of this diet for me is to lose weight and get healthier all around (which means exercising and gaining muscle if that happens). If I gain muscle weight, then I guess I'll just need to lose more fat to get to my goal - isn't that a good thing?
Old 10-26-2010, 04:29 PM   #363
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: diertac
Stats: 196.6/167.2/155
Start Date: 09/21/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccosby View Post
So, I had my weigh in today - down three pounds. I told the counselor today that I was doing Body Pump classes as one of my exercise days. She said something like "this diet isn't about gaining muscle - you shouldn't gain muscle on this diet - muscle weighs more than fat and the point of this diet is to lose weight". Then she said clearly "you need to keep you eyes on the goal."

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I'm sorry, but I think the point of this diet for me is to lose weight and get healthier all around (which means exercising and gaining muscle if that happens). If I gain muscle weight, then I guess I'll just need to lose more fat to get to my goal - isn't that a good thing?
Whoah, that doesn't sound right. I haven't ever heard that from any of the several counselors I've seen at my clinic. I know that my MWC has a form/survey they're always asking us to fill out on the members website - if I were you I'd see if you can contact MWC or fill out a survey about this counselor!

In my (not so humble) opinion, it's about body size and % bodyfat more than weight. Yes, I picked a "goal weight" of 135, but if I get down to 20% bodyfat, and I'm a size 6, but I weigh 145 or 150 or something like that, I'll be perfectly happy. Muscle is the only metabolically active tissue in your body - not only does a pound of muscle take up less than half the space of a pound of fat, but that pound will also burn more calories and raise your basal metabolic rate.

I say go for the muscle. I've actively told all of my counselors that now that I'm through training for my half marathon I plan on incorporating serious weight training into my routine in order to take advantage of the high protein intake, so I can build muscle. So far, they've all been totally for that.
Old 10-26-2010, 04:42 PM   #364
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: frogquackers
Stats: 231/205/160
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Sept. 30
Quote:

They keep encouraging me to exercise. I wonder why the ban on building muscle. I agree, I would give some feedback on the medi website.
Old 10-26-2010, 05:31 PM   #365
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kelly4me
Stats: Lost 53 pounds 2010, Restart 2013
WOE: MWL in 2010, Low Carb 2013
Start Date: 8/27/2010, 10/22/2013
Quote:

That is completely ridiculous. Preserving (or even gaining) lean muscle mass is a great thing. Also - muscle doesn't weigh more than fat, (a pound is a pound is a pound), but it is more dense, so it takes up less space. That's why a bodybuilder can have a BMI that indicates that they're overweight or obese when they have very little body fat at all. Having a healthy body composition - a comfort level in what you look like and what you fit into is far more important than the number on the scale.

I'd definitely offer feedback on that piece of "advice". Weight lifting is a great way to develop a lean physique. I do weights and cardio each week and have gotten nothing but good feedback for doing so.

Working on low carb lifestyle changes. I did Medi in 2010. Using their ideas to make permanent life changes on my own.

First goal: -20
Currently: -6.4
10/29: -2.2
11/5: -4.2
Old 10-26-2010, 06:01 PM   #366
Senior LCF Member

One thing that I'm curious about - I wonder how successful a standard Medi client is vs. clients how also use a support forum such as this one. I know that I'll never know the answer, but I do wonder. The recipes and support here have been a huge help for me.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:09 PM   #367
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: frogquackers
Stats: 231/205/160
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Sept. 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly4me View Post
One thing that I'm curious about - I wonder how successful a standard Medi client is vs. clients how also use a support forum such as this one. I know that I'll never know the answer, but I do wonder. The recipes and support here have been a huge help for me.
Kelly I think about that too but I worry too. I love this board and the recpies a lot.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:05 PM   #368
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Quote:
We will never know the answer to that one, but for me - this support system has been a HUGE factor in my success. It is an online world of friends, the far majority whom we'll probably never meet, that understand our daily successes/setbacks better than anyone else in our life. How could that not make us more successful!?!?

Edited because apparently I can't spell tonight! Hopefully I found all the mistakes!

Last edited by mommy2princesses; 10-26-2010 at 07:06 PM..
Old 10-26-2010, 07:05 PM   #369
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
My clinic actually praised me last week because I gained a pound of muscle. So even though my numbers went up they were still happy because in the long run that 1lb muscle gain will mean more fat burn.

I had a pretty good day today but not the best. I am going to do a modified acute style eating with 600 calories, from now until Monday for my weigh-in. Some days I am up 2-3lbs, and then I will be back down a day later. This is my last weigh-on before I switch to the monthly maintance weigh-ins so I really want to pull good numbers for my "goal" to maintain. Plus knowing that this is Halloween week I think it would be easier to just say "protein only". I work best under restrictions than being a little freer with myself.
Old 10-27-2010, 06:28 AM   #370
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ortal
Stats: 184/138/120 5'5"
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 4/26/2010
so this is a big weekend coming up for me.full of birthday and halloween festivities. lots of food and drink. Im planning on sticking to the plan as much as I can, while still endulging in the occasional drink. I dont even want to worry about my diet. Im tired of people rolling their eyes at me. So hopefully I can make decisions that come natural to me.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:33 AM   #371
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lara515
Stats: 243/213/140
Start Date: October 5, 2010
Headaches?

Hi everyone,

I read this board daily but rarely post. I do appreciate all of the advice given. It has been a great help to me!

I am on week three and absolutely love this WOE. I have lost 17.5. Yesterday, I kept asking the tech if the scale was broken because I could not believe the results I have received in such a short period of time (I do have GOBS of wt. to lose though).

Has anyone had a lot of headaches? I have at least 132 ounces of water a day, so I am not dehydrated. These are not carb withdrawal headaches. I am puzzled! Thanks for any input.

Lara
Old 10-27-2010, 12:31 PM   #372
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnK
Stats: 5'2" 133/133/115
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 7/22/14
Quote:
That IS a fascinating question, Kelly! I've begun to believe that the support here is about half of the program for me. I'm one of the fortunate ones who has an excellent clinic with talented staff, and whenever I discuss with them something I've read here, they appear to be pleased about the extra support. It would be an interesting research study.
Old 10-27-2010, 01:32 PM   #373
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Today I had a very hard day at the clinic.......I only lost .2 pound (even though I'm "on plan"), so I'm officially STUCK at a plateau. I PM'd Keri the other day to get the info she received from Susie on this board about breaking a plateau....(I looked but couldn't locate it, even doing a search) .....it was also just what my clinic said to do today. They said to increase my protein from 500 cal to 650 - 700 cal, then to reduce it back to 500 the next day and so on through the week. They also said I may be waiting too long in between meals, so I need to "snack" on protein a little more, to make sure I'm eating every couple of hours.
I'm really happy that the $70 I pay isn't just for a 5 min weight in. They really DO know what they're talking about! I was feeling a little like maybe I should save my $$$ and do this on my own....with the support of this board of course, but now I have more confidence in my clinic. I have to admit I was jealous of the way so many of you talk about your great clinics! Everyone at my clinic is friendly, but I guess I've never run into any problems up until now, so never experienced any of their actual "counseling". They have actually encouraged me to come to this BB, and seemed surprised when I told them I've known about lowcarbfriends for YEARS!

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford

Last edited by Mary T8M; 10-27-2010 at 01:40 PM..
Old 10-27-2010, 02:21 PM   #374
Senior LCF Member

Mary - that stinks about officially being at a plateau, but at least you know your clinic is there for you when you need help! (I'll save the "a loss is a loss, its better than a gain" speech for you...we've all been there, heard it, and it doesn't make it any better! I know, it was a gain for me last week!). Now you're armed with the information you need - and fingers crossed for you that next week breaks into the 150's!!

I had a fabulous day shopping today with my 2 yr old, my mother, and my grandmother. Did some more Christmas shopping...but most importantly - tried on a pair of size 10 jeans at The Loft (which fit great through hips/thighs/butt....just a little too tight in waist and made a muffin top) and a pair of black trousers at the Gap size 10, which fit PERFECT! I was all set to buy them but they only had ankle length in black, and I needed regular....it was OK though, because they FIT!!!!

Now, off to cook dinner....steak fajitas (just some sauteed steak strips, mushrooms, peppers,onions and a dash of fajita seasoning...I've discovered it has way too much sodium for me!).

Over 100lbs. GONE FOREVER
Thanks to MWL!
8 months to Wellness....5/11/10 - 1/11/11
Old 10-27-2010, 03:28 PM   #375
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ash347
Start Date: March 20,09
hello medi friends!

Congratulations on your losses and new sizes!!
Keri- wearing a 10 is so exciting! Way to go!

I havent lost in two weeks. I went out of town for 5 days and had the best time. I am sure the stress of quitting my job and having a brother in the hospital did not help, but i have only gained two lbs. Thank Goodness! I am going back to medi next week. On the up side, the whole family is eating low carb and I am enjoying creating low carb meals for them. I love reading everyone's posts, they are so inspirational, especially for when i want to eat crackers! lol Way to go everyone

** Ashley**
One day at a time..
Old 10-27-2010, 03:30 PM   #376
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ericak44
Stats: 189/180/ size 10
Start Date: 10/1/10- restart 5/29/12
Week three WI and I lost 4 lbs. I knew I would rebound from my 0.8 on week 2. Down 17.4 in 3 weeks. I am super pumped.

I have celiac disease and have found this the most gluten-free friendly diet in the world. However, I would love a protein bar and the medi ones may be contaminated with wheat. Does anyone know of a medi friendly protein bar that doesn't have gluten or nutritional parameters to help me choose one?
Old 10-27-2010, 03:48 PM   #377
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericak44 View Post
Week three WI and I lost 4 lbs. I knew I would rebound from my 0.8 on week 2. Down 17.4 in 3 weeks. I am super pumped.

I have celiac disease and have found this the most gluten-free friendly diet in the world. However, I would love a protein bar and the medi ones may be contaminated with wheat. Does anyone know of a medi friendly protein bar that doesn't have gluten or nutritional parameters to help me choose one?
Congrats on your loss!

This diet is definitely very GF friendly! My son is gluten intolerant (with Celiac genes, but no biopsy), so we're slowly becoming a mostly gluten-free family thanks to Medi. It's so much easier to just make one meal for everyone. If you Google "gluten free low carb protein bar" you'll find some matches. The Lara bars and Think Thin bars are readily available. My biggest issue is that they're usually way more calories than the Medi ones. I've pretty much given up on bars due to soy. I make a ton of shakes, though!
Old 10-27-2010, 03:55 PM   #378
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ericak44
Stats: 189/180/ size 10
Start Date: 10/1/10- restart 5/29/12
Thanks Kelly
I have had the Larabars but I think they are a little high in carbs and calories for me to incorperate into this lifestyle. They can also be a trigger for me so I am trying to stay away from them. I will have to keep looking. The rest of my family eats gluten and carbs but I think I am going to stop making starches for dinner. My husband lives in white bread and soft pretzels and weights a whopping 132lbs at 5-10. I don't think he would survive if I cut off his carbs, lol.
Old 10-27-2010, 06:29 PM   #379
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: msawhitt
Stats: 220/130/145
Start Date: August 11, 2010
Hey everyone! I have been MIA on this site for a little while, missed you : )

Cat: congrats on your marathon! What an awesome acomplishment, and way to celebrate in style...my kind of prize!!

I am now in short-term maintenance! Today was my first day of 800 calories with "real" carbs, holy English muffin...it is much easier! We'll see how it goes from here, next week will be my last in-office appointment (financial reasons, it's my boyfriends turn to go and its a little crazy to pay $70 x 2 every week!), I will go for a wellness visit after I've done the 2 weeks of 800/2 weeks of 1000/ 2 weeks of 1200 calories.

Anyone in wellness...is there a suitable and cheaper replacement for the Stay Slim? Just wondering, I'm not fully off the meds yet (down to half) and have some time to look into it.

lost 45 pounds in 3 months with MWL!

total loss of 90 pounds since May 2010

In maintenance : )
Old 10-27-2010, 07:00 PM   #380
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
[QUOTE=mommy2princesses;14034094]

I had a fabulous day shopping today with my 2 yr old, my mother, and my grandmother. Did some more Christmas shopping...but most importantly - tried on a pair of size 10 jeans at The Loft (which fit great through hips/thighs/butt....just a little too tight in waist and made a muffin top) and a pair of black trousers at the Gap size 10, which fit PERFECT! I was all set to buy them but they only had ankle length in black, and I needed regular....it was OK though, because they FIT!!!!
QUOTE]

Congratulations Keri!! I know that's fun! I weigh in tomorrow, and I know it's not going to be happy. I haven't been drinking my water, exercising, etc. But maybe I need to go for reality check...
Old 10-28-2010, 05:36 AM   #381
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: tinkdust
Stats: 246/232.5/150
WOE: MediClinic
Start Date: October 6 2010
Hello everyone!

I have been lurking here for a few weeks. I started on October 6 and my first week I lost 10.2 pounds!. Week 2, lost 1.3 and Week 3, I lost 2. Here is my problem. I have lost more in fat than what the scale shows, but I'm gaining in water weight????
Apparently apples and grapes aren't my friends as I went completely out of ketosis. So for this week, no fruit or nuts because my counselor thinks I'm taking in too much salt.

Any suggestions or advice is greatly appreciated. I'm also not getting all my protein in because I'm just not hungry.

Thanks!
Old 10-28-2010, 06:21 AM   #382
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Charlene4
Stats: 154.5/135/135
WOE: vegan/vegetarian
Start Date: June 7,2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post

Congratulations Keri!! I know that's fun! I weigh in tomorrow, and I know it's not going to be happy. I haven't been drinking my water, exercising, etc. But maybe I need to go for reality check...

Good luck tomorrow Deb. Let us know how it goes!!
Old 10-28-2010, 06:28 AM   #383
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2princesses View Post

Congrats! I love the GAP! I buy nearly all my jeans from there because they are reasonably priced and fit so well....plus, it doesn't hurt that I hold them near and dear to my heart too, as this was the first place I was able to fit into a size 4. They are always having some sort of sale too, which is always good!
Old 10-28-2010, 07:34 AM   #384
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tydreamer
Start Date: 2/10/10
Good morning. I had my first maintenance visit yesterday and while I thought it was going to be really bad, it was my best visit yet. I spent over an hour with a nurse and we talked about all of my issues. One big thing is that I, like Debbie, was diagnosed with insulin resistance and was put on metformin several months ago and once I hit goal, I guess I thought I didn't need that any more and I stopped taking it a couple months ago. The nurse told me I needed to continue on it and how my going off had increased my sugar cravings because my body doesn't handle sugar correctly. Anyway, we touched on a whole lot of stuff and I feel SO MUCH BETTER today. Like crying with relief better. And, I'm down four pounds in one day just because I was so careful with my eating and making sure to drink all my water, etc. I am going back in two weeks instead of four so she can check on me. I'm also gathering information on OA and probably will seek private counseling just to supplement my mental/emotional health where all this eating stuff is concerned.

Today is a good day and a new beginning. I feel blessed.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:06 AM   #385
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tydreamer View Post
Good morning. I had my first maintenance visit yesterday and while I thought it was going to be really bad, it was my best visit yet. I spent over an hour with a nurse and we talked about all of my issues. One big thing is that I, like Debbie, was diagnosed with insulin resistance and was put on metformin several months ago and once I hit goal, I guess I thought I didn't need that any more and I stopped taking it a couple months ago. The nurse told me I needed to continue on it and how my going off had increased my sugar cravings because my body doesn't handle sugar correctly. Anyway, we touched on a whole lot of stuff and I feel SO MUCH BETTER today. Like crying with relief better. And, I'm down four pounds in one day just because I was so careful with my eating and making sure to drink all my water, etc. I am going back in two weeks instead of four so she can check on me. I'm also gathering information on OA and probably will seek private counseling just to supplement my mental/emotional health where all this eating stuff is concerned.

Today is a good day and a new beginning. I feel blessed.
I'm so happy to hear this!
Old 10-28-2010, 08:20 AM   #386
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkdust View Post
Hello everyone!

I have been lurking here for a few weeks. I started on October 6 and my first week I lost 10.2 pounds!. Week 2, lost 1.3 and Week 3, I lost 2. Here is my problem. I have lost more in fat than what the scale shows, but I'm gaining in water weight????
Apparently apples and grapes aren't my friends as I went completely out of ketosis. So for this week, no fruit or nuts because my counselor thinks I'm taking in too much salt.

Any suggestions or advice is greatly appreciated. I'm also not getting all my protein in because I'm just not hungry.

Thanks!
Congrats on your losses, Tink! I have weeks where I lose more fat than the total loss shows as well. The first week I lost some water, for the next six week I lost only fat and overall, maintained the same amount of water. On week 8, I lost 5.2 pounds of water and 0.6 pounds of fat. If you look in some of the Atkins forums here on Low Carb Friends, you'll see that called a "whoosh" - where your body finally lets go of the extra water. I really didn't do anything different that week. I do track all of my nutrients online (and through my Droid phone) with the Spark People app. It allows me to watch my sodium since I'm pretty sensitive to it. You can try that to see how much you're taking in. Cottage cheese has a lot, and so do a lot of packaged things like lunch meat and chicken broth.

It is important to get that protein in so that your body doesn't go into starvation mode. I keep a cooked chicken around so that I can eat a few ounces of chicken, or I make a half-size protein shake at night if I'm below my protein numbers.

You might ask about taking fewer Appetite Suppressants if you think that may help. I've weaned myself down to one a day because I was having trouble sleeping at night, but I'm still okay with the hunger.

For your fruits, I found a chart on this site that I printed and put in the back of my Medi Journal. It shows the calories and carbs in each ounce of several vegetables and fruits. I've found it to be a big help. Apples have a ton of carbs, comparatively, since one apple is several ounces so I avoid them, or split one with my son. Here's the info from the chart:

Vegetable or Fruit – per 1 oz Calories Carbs
Artichoke Hearts 13 1.5
Asparagus 6 0.5
Bean (green, wax, Italian) 9 1
Broccoli 10 1
Brussels Sprouts 10 1
Cabbage 7 1
Cauliflower 7 1
Celery 4 0.5
Cucumber (with skin) 4 1
Eggplant 7 1
Green Onions or Scallions 9 1.5
Leeks 17 3.5
Mushrooms 6 0.5
Okra (with skin) 9 1
Onions (white, vidalia, sweet) 12 2.5
Peppers (any variety) 6 1
Radishes 5 1
Salad Greens 5 0.5
Snow Peas Pods 12 1.5
Summer Squash 5 0.5
Turnips 8 1
Water Chestnuts 28 6
Watercress 3 0.3
Zucchini 5 0.5
Tomatoes 5 1

Apples(with skin) 15 3
Blueberries 16 3
Cherries 18 4
Grapes 20 5
Grapefruit (without skin) 9 2
Orange (without skin) 13 3
Peach (with skin) 11 2.5
Raspberries 15 2
Strawberries 9 1.5

Hope that helps!
Old 10-28-2010, 09:06 AM   #387
Junior LCF Member

Hi Kelly,

Thanks for replying to me. I appreciate all the information you gave me. I started last night by making myself a shake since I didn't think I could possibly eat 1 more thing. Hopefully that will help get my protein numbers up.

It's been very frustrating/depressing that my last 2 weeks that my numbers haven't been all that great for someone my size. I think my expectations are too high for losing 20 pounds in a month. I'm hoping for support and advice from all the great posters on this site.

Thanks again.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:31 AM   #388
Senior LCF Member

Deb - Thinking about you today, let us know how your appt goes! All of you in transition/maintenance land are such a source of information for me....I know I will encounter the same battles, but at least knowing whats ahead is comforting!

Tinkdust - Welcome! You will love the support and advice you find here. I think we've all found that we have certain foods that just don't like us - for me, strawberries, grapes, cherries throw me out of ketosis and also trigger cravings for me (I won't even start on my almond/nuts addiction!). Good luck this week!

Charlene - You are so right, GAP is always having a sale...to the point where I hate buying something full price (unless I HAVE to have it and can't chance my size selling out before mark downs!). Shopping is definitely becoming a big addiction - I better reign it in soon before DH starts to flip...right now he keeps telling me I deserve new clothes for all my hard work, let's see how long that lasts!

Lea - So happy to hear how your appt went yesterday. Just in reading your words you can "hear" how relieved you are and how much of a better mental state you are in today. Yeah!!!!

I'm having friends over tonight for our "book club" - I'm making the cheesecake bites as our little snack, I hope they all were in the mood for something low cal, low fat, low carb! One friend offered to bake (she runs a cake business out of her house - does all my bday cakes for me) and I had to politely decline....no way I want her food left in this house, I know better than that!!! Now to clean the house, with the help of a 2 yr old!
Old 10-28-2010, 10:01 AM   #389
Junior LCF Member

Keri,

I agree on the nut addition. I love almonds and they told me to cut them out this week. So sad.

Everybody's stats are so impressive. I hope to have the great results like everyone else does in time.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:16 AM   #390
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Paulyesthers
Stats: 206.2/145/145
WOE: MediWeight Loss Clinics
Start Date: October 18, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericak44 View Post
I am so happy I have found this forum. I just started Medi on Friday and it is great to hear people's success stories. I never in a million years thought that I could survive on 600 calories of pure protein but I actually feel great. I have had a hard time maintaining my temperature. I'm hot on second and freezing the second but it could be the actual change in temperature. Anyone else have this during week 1?
ericak44 - Yes, my temperatures were all over the place week one. I found it starts leveling out though. I do find that when I drink something hot or cold, I soon feel that way too. It passes, but I think it's just our bodies adjusting to the meds/ vitamins/ and fat burning! Keep up the good work!
Closed Thread