Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2010, 08:31 PM   #331
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
loyemarie - Good ideas for Halloween treats!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2010, 09:45 PM   #332
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tydreamer
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 2/10/10
Keri - yes, it IS when I'm alone. Looking back thru my journal, my 1 to 4 crazy hours are almost ALWAYS on days I'm here alone. If I'm out and about, I don't have the problem. If the kids are here during that time, I don't usually have that problem. In reading the OA stuff and another book this evening, they specifically mention being alone or rather, "finding yourself alone" and that's a trigger for a lot of people. Not knowing what to do with ourselves. Which seems nuts because I always feel overwhelmed and incredibly busy without much "down time". Maybe it's that I feel as if I shouldn't HAVE any down time and I feel guilty for taking a few minutes to relax? I don't know. I'm going to have to delve into that one a little deeper.

Heather, I'll start posting some little tidbits that might help us all - maybe tomorrow. I'm so glad you didn't give up! This site has been invaluable to me in this journey. And even now, in maintenance, I'm still posting where I think most people visit. I need the support of everyone! And we're here for you as well.
Old 10-25-2010, 12:29 AM   #333
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
Dealing with being by yourself is a major obstacle to overcome, because you can be by yourself even when others are around you. I live alone, and I think my neighbors must think someone is here because I am always talking to myself to keep myself out of the kitchen. My current schedule has me working from 1p to 930p so I am usually home by 10 or a little after. These are the hours when I am really talking to myself. I simply cannot have ANYTHING in the house that can be construed as an allowable snack because I know that I WILL eat it until it is gone. Some nights lettuce looks way too good. And it is a constant dialogue between me,myself, and I. I am fine between 7am and 10p...the next couple of hours are awful. I am up tonight reading a book and decided to pop in here for a bit.

And I figure if these are the hours that are giving me fits, I am going to start hitting the fitness center when I get home...then I know that I will be ready to go to bed...no snacking after exercise. Never want anything then...

And I have learned that there will always be obstacles to be overcome. I have overcome many in my life, so these few hours are just one more.

Hang in there everyone. You CAN do this!

Jo

Last edited by Desert-Rose7; 10-25-2010 at 12:30 AM..
Old 10-25-2010, 05:07 AM   #334
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
I am struggling with Body image issues. I wake up and get dressed in the morning and I feel SO fat. Whish is just annoying. I weigh 131lb this morning, wearing a size 6 pants.........how can I "feel" fat? My numbers are all good for my height. I know it's all in my head but it's still frustrating.

I've had good eating days but I haven't been able to run in a few days because we've been super busy. I've done tons of walking and been on my feet for hours, but it's not the same when I don't get a run in.
Old 10-25-2010, 06:25 AM   #335
Senior LCF Member

Lins - I'm fat today too. I feel fat every day no matter what the scale says. I have my appointment on Wednesday - my first in a month and my first in maintenance, and I'm REALLY looking forward to talking to someone about how difficult this month has been. I can't put my finger on it, but I feel like I'm slipping in my mind even tho my body is still at goal. When do you go to the clinic next?
Old 10-25-2010, 10:05 AM   #336
Major LCF Poster!

Lins and Lea - I've been feeling fat too....mainly it's just that I feel SOFT! I feel my ribs when I touch my back so I know there's not layers of fat, I'm still in size 8 jeans, but I have my love handle muffin top, not like a spare tire like pre-Medi mind you, but just soft excess skin. So really it's NOT fat, is it?

I'm considering buying fat burners again. I haven't taken them in a little over 2 months since I ran out. Do you all still take them? Maybe that too will help me feel motivated to exercise!
Old 10-25-2010, 11:21 AM   #337
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by loyemarie View Post

BTW, I bought glow bracelets to hand out for Halloween. Did that last year and the kids LOVED them! I may also get some Capri Sun drinks and/or water because my kids would always get so thirsty running around.
Loyemarie, GREAT idea! I don't know why I didn't think of it.......years ago my brother"s family lived next door to the people who used to own/started Oriental Trading Co in Omaha Nebr. Every time we went to visit we would "shop" at the warehouse. I would always buy my Non-Candy treats for Halloween from them. I'd also buy non-candy "treats" for my children's teachers to hand out to kids in the class room. Everyone LOVED the little skeletons that peeked out of a pocket, the stickers with the google eyes, the erasers in all different shapes, and pencil toppers! There is even MORE fun stuff in their catalog now.
We live in the country now so don't get kids trick or treating, and I sure miss seeing them.

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford
Old 10-25-2010, 11:44 AM   #338
Senior LCF Member

I love Oriental Trading!

I'm in my "crazy" hours peak zone. I'm sucking on a Power Pop and am waiting for a contractor to get off my roof and tell me how the damage is going to be from a storm last month. Right now is when I'm normally on the bike or treadmill, but want to be available to the contractor, so I'm busying my hands by writing here and busying my mouth with the Power Pop.

I stopped at Dillons on my way home from work and got some yogurt, carrots, strawberries and blueberries. And that's it. No nuts or sweets or treats or junk. And I had a handful of baby carrots WITH my lunch of protein. So far today is a good day. Now if I can just make it to snack time without losing it!!
Old 10-25-2010, 12:29 PM   #339
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tydreamer View Post
I love Oriental Trading!

So far today is a good day. Now if I can just make it to snack time without losing it!!
I'm with you Lea! I'm stressed with this plateau, so am writing to keep my hands busy.

I found a couple new products yesterday that have me excited! The first is WW Jalapeno Pepper Processes Cheese Product. It's just like the Laughing Cow cheese EXCEPT there are only six (6) wedges instead of 8 like the LC! Each wedge is 30 cal, 1 carb, 2 g protein. I think there was at least one other flavor, but I was SO excited to see the Jalapeno Pepper I just focused on that. I tried it today and it was REALLY good.

The second thing I found was Oscar Mayer 98% Fat Free Hot Dogs. These LOOK more like "regular" hot dogs, than the Nathans do. They are made with turkey instead of beef. 40 calories (0 from fat) 5 g protein 3 carbs. I haven't actually tried one yet, but DH did and he liked it a lot.

I made the baked apples I found on the recipe board by Susie and with the modified recipe that followed. That was REALLY yummy! Just like apple pie. I topped it with frozen Cool Whip Lite. It was like apple pie ala mode. I did not peel the apple BTW

Last edited by Mary T8M; 10-25-2010 at 12:32 PM..
Old 10-25-2010, 12:53 PM   #340
Major LCF Poster!

I've been reading for the past nearly 6 hours....brought an armful of books to the couch and started with my Bible...that's the only one I've read in 6 hours....I love times like that. Here's some thoughts: Certainly I do not have it all figured out. We live in a fallen world, where Satan is the ruler of "this air" and likes to draw those who are God's away giving us doubt in our strength. That's why it's so crucial we fellowship with each other, encourage one another in the Word, in psalms and spiritual songs as God's Word says. I like what tastes yummy -- but when I let my lusts make me eat more than a "portion" and it's out of control and then I feel unworthy of God's love (which is a lie) and like I'm a "sinner". Well, duh, I'm a sinner anyway, it's not because of THAT! Satan takes partial truths and twists them around. He's not cute, he's not funny, he's downright evil, deceitful, wants to pull as many down with him as he can because he knows he's defeated and his future is set because of Christ's victory (!) I remember the cycle of body aches/puffiness/abnormal lab findings when I was 190 lbs. But Satan even twists that and makes me think I AM still that person, and I'm not...I'm healthier. I'm not judging someone who is still overweight, I'm not better than them, I'm not a better person now being more at goal. I'm just better able to understand humanness, and living in consequence to genetics, accidents, disease, choices, is part of being human. But, by being a believer, I know this world is not the only "home" I will know, Scripture says our true home is with Him in eternity........I'm to be focused on this body as JUST a vehicle as I pass through to eternity. I should do some maintenance and repairs on that vehicle so it doesn't rust out, have less power to go on steep inclines, and has safe brakes! Whew--I like that--I love when God shows me WORD pictures! I don't need a rolls royce or sassy sport "vehicle," I just need it to be faithful to get me where God wants me to go...hey, and Jesus is the GPS when I admittedly take off my blindfold and drive the direction He wants me to go! I could go on and on...with this analogy! These are just my random thoughts and what I'm learning to make it a purposeful journey. If these thoughts help you too that's awesome!
Old 10-25-2010, 01:24 PM   #341
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: slbpl61
Stats: 5'8" 206/203/165
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 08/16/2013 Restart
Lea...you are such an inspiration to me. We 'met' several months back after realizing our starting stats were so similar! You look amazing! I have adjusted my goal weight from 165 to 155 and perhaps again when I reach that goal.

I think we will always struggle, whether we are working the program or in maintenance....like any addict, the drug may vary...and recovery is for a lifetime. But....it will get easier!! I firmly believe that. Now when I reach maintenance, I hope I can practice what I preach....haha! Seriously, I've been reading everyone's posts about OA and I can certainly relate....it's deeper than the food. These past 2+ months were a true test for me. I made good choices most of the time and indulged on occasion. Once returning, my counselor and doctor helped me realize how much I must have been eating in order to maintain the weight all this time. I feel like I let my body adjust to where it was comfortable during this time. We should allow ourselves some 'wiggle room'.

Time to get to my next mini wiggle!
Old 10-25-2010, 04:45 PM   #342
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
I'm going to just write this down as a not so good day, and start fresh tomorrow......
Old 10-25-2010, 04:56 PM   #343
Major LCF Poster!

Lins - we all have those days
Old 10-25-2010, 05:23 PM   #344
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: YankeeMom27
Stats: 181/156.8/145
WOE: Medi WeightLoss
Start Date: restart 03/29/13
I had a MUCH better day today eating wise..stuck to my protein plan except for the small amount of tomatoes in my turkey chili. The only thing that I didn't get to do was run because my parents arrived early to drop off their dog (I'm dogsitting while they are on vacation) and I had to play referee between my dog and theirs. I did get my fast walk in this am with my dog and cleaned the house, so at least I wasn't totally sedentary!! Thank you again for everyone's posts..I find them very informative and inspirational!!! Let's keep up the good work- we can do this!!!
Old 10-25-2010, 07:12 PM   #345
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NOT2fat4fun
Stats: 190/178/145 again
WOE: Medi
Start Date: May 5, 2009
So never really 'feeling' my weight was certainly one of the things that contributed to my re-weight gain. The first time I got into a size 10 jean I bought them - and they weren't even that great! I just had to have the size.. Ha - now I have lots of 10's I can't wear. .. It is one of the things that I am going to have to really sit still with when I get there again. It really does take awhile for the head to catch up to the weight loss. I am just going to have to trust it this time. Hope you don't mind me passing on these little tidbits - I am journaling them so I remember when I get there....

Great job Heather - day at a time!

You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it
Old 10-25-2010, 07:21 PM   #346
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOT2fat4fun View Post
So never really 'feeling' my weight was certainly one of the things that contributed to my re-weight gain. The first time I got into a size 10 jean I bought them - and they weren't even that great! I just had to have the size.. Ha - now I have lots of 10's I can't wear. .. It is one of the things that I am going to have to really sit still with when I get there again. It really does take awhile for the head to catch up to the weight loss. I am just going to have to trust it this time. Hope you don't mind me passing on these little tidbits - I am journaling them so I remember when I get there....

Macauley - I already bought that size 10 pair of jeans and I don't even fit into them yet! I was out shopping one day and I noticed the waist of my 12's were getting a little loose, bought 10's the same day. And there they sit still sitting on my shelf....I just need to keep saying that I WILL wear them one day soon! (And they're a nice dark pair of denim - I keep telling myself perfect to wear with a nice pair of heels for the holidasy!).
Old 10-25-2010, 08:55 PM   #347
Major LCF Poster!

"I just need to keep saying that I WILL wear them one day soon! (And they're a nice dark pair of denim - I keep telling myself perfect to wear with a nice pair of heels for the holidasy!).

You work it Keri! That reminds me I have a pair of size 6 capris in the closet that I planned to use as incentive, so I'd be in size 6 by next March or so. I guess I better move them to the front where I can see them! In the past I only had one or two pairs of jeans that would fit, now I have like 4 size 8's and lots of other pants. It's easy to feel "safe." Yet my eating choices show I'm not completely safe.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:25 PM   #348
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: think-skinny
Stats: 201.4/129/125/5'1.5"
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 08-13-10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
I've been reading for the past nearly 6 hours....brought an armful of books to the couch and started with my Bible...that's the only one I've read in 6 hours....I love times like that. Here's some thoughts: Certainly I do not have it all figured out. We live in a fallen world, where Satan is the ruler of "this air" and likes to draw those who are God's away giving us doubt in our strength. That's why it's so crucial we fellowship with each other, encourage one another in the Word, in psalms and spiritual songs as God's Word says. I like what tastes yummy -- but when I let my lusts make me eat more than a "portion" and it's out of control and then I feel unworthy of God's love (which is a lie) and like I'm a "sinner". Well, duh, I'm a sinner anyway, it's not because of THAT! Satan takes partial truths and twists them around. He's not cute, he's not funny, he's downright evil, deceitful, wants to pull as many down with him as he can because he knows he's defeated and his future is set because of Christ's victory (!) I remember the cycle of body aches/puffiness/abnormal lab findings when I was 190 lbs. But Satan even twists that and makes me think I AM still that person, and I'm not...I'm healthier. I'm not judging someone who is still overweight, I'm not better than them, I'm not a better person now being more at goal. I'm just better able to understand humanness, and living in consequence to genetics, accidents, disease, choices, is part of being human. But, by being a believer, I know this world is not the only "home" I will know, Scripture says our true home is with Him in eternity........I'm to be focused on this body as JUST a vehicle as I pass through to eternity. I should do some maintenance and repairs on that vehicle so it doesn't rust out, have less power to go on steep inclines, and has safe brakes! Whew--I like that--I love when God shows me WORD pictures! I don't need a rolls royce or sassy sport "vehicle," I just need it to be faithful to get me where God wants me to go...hey, and Jesus is the GPS when I admittedly take off my blindfold and drive the direction He wants me to go! I could go on and on...with this analogy! These are just my random thoughts and what I'm learning to make it a purposeful journey. If these thoughts help you too that's awesome!
Awesome post, thank you!
Old 10-26-2010, 06:51 AM   #349
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Charlene4
Stats: 154.5/135/135
WOE: vegan/vegetarian
Start Date: June 7,2010
Quote:

I have always been this way too. I feel like I have to buy every pair of jeans that I find that fit me because I feel like they are the ONLY ones that are ever gonna fit or something. It's a problem. I am already kinda compulsive about shopping anyway (we're talking, my husband keeps his clothes in the spare room cause there's not room in our closet for him kind of compulsive) and I think it's my new/old addiction now that I am working on the food addiction thing. I get so happy when I try something on and it fits....I think this stems from the devastation I would feel when I would try something on in a size that I thought would fit and it would be too tight. It's an expensive therapy....

maintenance
Old 10-26-2010, 07:05 AM   #350
Senior LCF Member

Good morning all. I'm only one day away from my first month maintenance visit and I need the one on one time. I started out great yesterday and then ended up having a mini binge around 8:30. I never do that. I'm just so frustrated. And old patterns are starting to creep back in. What is it? Is it the weather? The coolness in the air? The darkness in the morning and so much earlier in the evening? I'm struggling...

I ordered two new self help books that I've seen mentioned on the books and blogs thread. I hope they get here soon.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:09 AM   #351
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slbpl61 View Post
Lea...you are such an inspiration to me. We 'met' several months back after realizing our starting stats were so similar! You look amazing! I have adjusted my goal weight from 165 to 155 and perhaps again when I reach that goal.

I think we will always struggle, whether we are working the program or in maintenance....like any addict, the drug may vary...and recovery is for a lifetime. But....it will get easier!! I firmly believe that. Now when I reach maintenance, I hope I can practice what I preach....haha! Seriously, I've been reading everyone's posts about OA and I can certainly relate....it's deeper than the food. These past 2+ months were a true test for me. I made good choices most of the time and indulged on occasion. Once returning, my counselor and doctor helped me realize how much I must have been eating in order to maintain the weight all this time. I feel like I let my body adjust to where it was comfortable during this time. We should allow ourselves some 'wiggle room'.

Time to get to my next mini wiggle!
Susan - I appreciate you saying that I'm inspiring, but I surely don't feel like I could inspire anyone. Occasionally I have a GOOD day, but surely not lately. I really am going to look into OA to supplement my mental health! Medi's done great things for my body, but the mental issues are really getting to me. It's great to hear from you again!!
Old 10-26-2010, 07:13 AM   #352
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: YankeeMom27
Stats: 181/156.8/145
WOE: Medi WeightLoss
Start Date: restart 03/29/13
Quote:

I think I'm going to give journaling (as in my thoughts and feelings, not just my food) a try to see if it helps me pinpoint those moments when I feel out of control and want to eat everything in the pantry!! I hoping to find an OA meeting in my area. I always think "I'm so glad that I don't drink, smoke, gamble or do drugs", but my addiction to food is probably the worse addiction to have because I HAVE to eat, can't quit that cold turkey. I need to find a way to help me deal with the addiction.

I finally got up enough nerve to weigh myself at home and looks like I gained a pound back. Not happy about it, but figured it could've been a lot worse and at least I didn't wait until I gained it all back. Got my run in this am and doing well eating, so I'm hoping to get that pound off before my Medi weigh-in on Thursday. Hope everyone has a good Medi Day today!!! We CAN do this!!!
Old 10-26-2010, 07:48 AM   #353
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NOT2fat4fun
Stats: 190/178/145 again
WOE: Medi
Start Date: May 5, 2009
Here's a funny, although sad, story from an OA meeting I went to when I was younger.
A woman was sharing that she wanted to take care of herself over Easter and she knew this big chocolate egg was going to be her downfall so she put it in the freezer so she couldn't just grab it and eat it. Her husband came down in the middle of the night because he heard all of this banging - it was the woman with a hammer trying to smash the egg so she could eat it....
OA was sort of helpful for me - mostly because I had a sponsor that I could phone whenever I knew I needed that support. I was very bulimic at the time - it didn't help me with that piece.
It sure looks like a lot of people here have disordered eating - it is such a time consuming way of life. Trying to know how to manage my eating without being compulsive is why I have gone back to a counselor as well as Medi...

Make it a great day my Medi friends!
Old 10-26-2010, 08:06 AM   #354
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: diertac
Stats: 196.6/167.2/155
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 09/21/10
13.1 Miles - Done!

Hi everyone!

I wanted to check in here to celebrate completing my first ever running event! I finished the Myrtle Beach Mini Marathon on Sunday, 13.1 miles in 3:07! (My Garmin said 13.3 in 3:08, but who's counting? Well, besides me for that last .2 miles?)

I actually managed to run several parts of it. My goal was to walk the whole thing with a 15min/mile pace or better. Instead I walked/ran it with an average 14min/mile pace. My splits for the first 5 miles were my fastest to date, and at times even as I walked, I was outpacing some slow runners. I was shocked - but I really can walk faster than some people run. (I've had runners tell me my walk pace was faster than their run pace, but I never have witnessed such a thing.)

My MB Mini Marathon Event Data

Here's a shot of me (in the middle) with my husband and my friend Beth after the event. Yaaay!

You can find other pictures in my web album on Picasa. See if you can spot the only piece of trouble in the whole scenario...

Yes, that's right... The beer. Lots of it. Lots of it for free. I imbibed much more than I should have this weekend. I also ate a fair amount of carbs the night before the race. Basically Friday night to Sunday night, I was not on plan - which honestly? Kind of was my plan...

I decided before I started Medi that this will have to be the sort of thing that I can take a weekend off of, here or there, without guilt. The key for me is to set a date (Monday AM this time) when I will fully go back on week 1, weigh myself, assess the damage and move on.

Today I went in for my weigh-in, expecting to be chided. I did, after all, gain weight. But I learned that while I gained 2.4 lbs since last Tuesday, I have lost 2.9 lbs of fat! A) That's the most fat I've lost in one week since week 1 of the plan and B) The weight gain is ALL water weight, from the extra water I'm carrying around due to the carbs, so once I get fully back into ketosis I can look for that to go away too.

And best of all? They didn't chastise me. They understood completely where I was coming from, and they congratulated me on finishing my first half marathon. I'm back to the week 1 WOE this week, and hope to lose 5+ by next week. It was a great week, even with the weight gain, for figuring out how to live with this plan long term!

(For those keeping score - since I don't put this in my avatar data, that's 196.6 / 179 / 135 for this week... )
Old 10-26-2010, 08:35 AM   #355
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnK
Stats: 5'2" 130/127/115
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 7/19/10 and 8/27/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by diertac View Post
Hi everyone!

I wanted to check in here to celebrate completing my first ever running event! I finished the Myrtle Beach Mini Marathon on Sunday, 13.1 miles in 3:07! (My Garmin said 13.3 in 3:08, but who's counting? Well, besides me for that last .2 miles?)

I actually managed to run several parts of it. My goal was to walk the whole thing with a 15min/mile pace or better. Instead I walked/ran it with an average 14min/mile pace. My splits for the first 5 miles were my fastest to date, and at times even as I walked, I was outpacing some slow runners. I was shocked - but I really can walk faster than some people run. (I've had runners tell me my walk pace was faster than their run pace, but I never have witnessed such a thing.)

Here's a shot of me (in the middle) with my husband and my friend Beth after the event. Yaaay!

You can find other pictures in my web album on Picasa. See if you can spot the only piece of trouble in the whole scenario...

Yes, that's right... The beer. Lots of it. Lots of it for free. I imbibed much more than I should have this weekend. I also ate a fair amount of carbs the night before the race. Basically Friday night to Sunday night, I was not on plan - which honestly? Kind of was my plan...

I decided before I started Medi that this will have to be the sort of thing that I can take a weekend off of, here or there, without guilt. The key for me is to set a date (Monday AM this time) when I will fully go back on week 1, weigh myself, assess the damage and move on.

Today I went in for my weigh-in, expecting to be chided. I did, after all, gain weight. But I learned that while I gained 2.4 lbs since last Tuesday, I have lost 2.9 lbs of fat! A) That's the most fat I've lost in one week since week 1 of the plan and B) The weight gain is ALL water weight, from the extra water I'm carrying around due to the carbs, so once I get fully back into ketosis I can look for that to go away too.

And best of all? They didn't chastise me. They understood completely where I was coming from, and they congratulated me on finishing my first half marathon. I'm back to the week 1 WOE this week, and hope to lose 5+ by next week. It was a great week, even with the weight gain, for figuring out how to live with this plan long term!

(For those keeping score - since I don't put this in my avatar data, that's 196.6 / 179 / 135 for this week... )
YAY Cat!! Congrats on completing the race. I remember you saying you weren't a runner... but look at you now! And, your "plan" to go off plan for the race weekend really made sense, since you could handle it & get right back on track. Thanks for posting the pics ~ you look great !
Old 10-26-2010, 11:00 AM   #356
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Paulyesthers
Stats: 206.2/145/145
WOE: MediWeight Loss Clinics
Start Date: October 18, 2010
NEWBIE!

Hello All, I'm new to Medi-Weight Loss. This is day 8 for me. My first weigh in was yesterday and I was down 10.7 lbs! I'm happy about this, but honestly I was hoping for a little more. I'm following the program - but opting for the leanest options I can. I choose success over variety and flavor (lol). I'm so excited! I saw my co worker shrink in two months and I knew I had to do this. I broke my foot almost a month ago and can't do my cardio. I was down 27 lbs from cardio and knew I must do something while I'm in this crazy boot. I decided now is the time! I just wish I started this long ago!

I feel great, and enjoy reading the blogs. I just don't know much about this website and what threads I should be on.

What should I expect for week 2 if I follow the program. I am NOT a cheater at all! I even put myself through the ULTIMATE test for me... the weekend. We were having a birthday party at our land while we set up for hunting season. It was a party with great food and drinks. I cooked and was social the whole time and didn't cheat or come close to cheating once! I didn't even have a beer (which would be my weekend treat). YEAH! I CAN do this!!
Old 10-26-2010, 12:37 PM   #357
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: loyemarie
Stats: 5'7"~258/226.2/170
Start Date: September 8, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by diertac View Post
Hi everyone!

Congrats on your running/walking success! AND, that you had a (excuse the expression) taste of life after Medi. I did the same for our anniversary - had a nice dinner including carbs, but in MUCH more reasonable portions than as my "former self" I didn't do a run like you did, but I did walk for MILES at Disney, and I did lose weight anyhow. But, as you did, I was back to business the next day. I need to sign up for a local 5K and get myself organized to do some regular jog/walking. Maybe a Reindeer Run...
Old 10-26-2010, 01:47 PM   #358
Senior LCF Member

I had my weigh-in this morning, down 3.9 lbs for a total of 82.1. The counselor was asking me about my "goal" weight of being 160, she thinks I should aim for 165 - and she said to throw out any notions I have of the BMI chart! - so in her eyes, another 10-12 lbs and we'll start transition. Scary! I said we woudl re-evaluate after 10 more lbs to see how those size 10's that are sitting in my closet look on. I want to find a healthy weight that is "easily" maintainable - healthy diet, 45-60 minutes of daily exercise.

Interested to know how everyone found their "goal" weight...anyone want to share how they knew? Did you just wait until you got to that weight and knew it was right for you? I feel like we pick this random number that we are aiming for so early on in this journey, its hard to know if it was right as you get closer to the end.

Susie, I'd love to know how you help people at your clinic figure out their goal weight.

I tried to talk to her about my overwhelming desire to eat sometimes, and the feeling of not being able to stop. I was VERY disappointed with her answer - she asked if I wanted to go back up to 3 AS a day...and I very quickly told her that I moved myself down to 2 a long time ago, 1/2 the time I only take 1, there is NO way I'm going back up since that won't solve my reasons for wanting to eat. She had no ideas for me, other than drinking water or tea during those times.

Charlene - your comments about shopping replacing food addiction and being expensive therapy completely hit home with me! I am spending SO much money on new clothes and I really think its because of the "high" you get when you can try on anythign in the store and now that it is going to look good....compared to how I hated looking at myself in teh mirror before!

diertac - Woo-hoo, congrats! I would love to do a 1/2 marathon, none around here right now - maybe that will be a spring goal! Good for you!

Over 100lbs. GONE FOREVER
Thanks to MWL!
8 months to Wellness....5/11/10 - 1/11/11

Last edited by mommy2princesses; 10-26-2010 at 01:49 PM..
Old 10-26-2010, 03:25 PM   #359
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dodgern
Stats: 236/150.6/140- now on maintenance
Start Date: 2/26/09
Hi Keri

I picked my original goal of 140 because I'd lost a lot of weight 1 time before.
I knew how I looked at that weight and was pleased BUT....when I lose weight on a "diet" and combine exercise with it, I lose more than that!!!

I'm only 5'3 and should weigh somewhere in the 120s-130s BUT my body looks better in the 140s!!! Everyone has complimented me since I put 10lbs back on

I feel better at this weight and I'm not quite so "bony" at this weight.

I think your counselor has the right idea....aim for the higher weight and you'll probably lose enough to get you down to your original goal... strange I know BUT seems to happen to a lot of people!!!

My BMI is higher at this weight and probably the beginning of overweight BUT it's HOW I feel NOT how I LOOK!!!!

You'll figure it out

PS..... GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!
PPS....my hubby is happy with me too...I also consider his opinion...he loves me no matter what! God bless him )

cindy

Last edited by dodgern; 10-26-2010 at 03:26 PM..
Old 10-26-2010, 03:45 PM   #360
Senior LCF Member

Cindy - Thank you for your feedback. About 10 yrs ago, I dieted my way down to 147 -149 (it was a huge deal for me to stay under 150 for some reason) and it was impossible to maintain. I would get up each morning around 4:30 (I was teaching 5th grade at the time) to do 45-60 minutes of brisk walking...then shower, go to school, teach all day and then hit the gym at night for some cardio, weights, pilates 3x a week, and hit the gym on the weekend. I ate very little too. It became an obsession to stay below 150 - I was a size 8 - and super unhealthy in how I maintained it. I started an intensive 1 yr. master's program where I had classes at night and on weekends, and as soon as I cut back the tiniest bit on exercise - the weight came back. I quickly gained 20 lbs, and stayed around 170 for awhile. (then got married, renovated a house, had kids...and we all know how that goes). I know 150 is too low - but anything over that keeps me in the overweight BMI category...which I hate.

I guess its going to be a wait-and-see kind of thing, but my organized, sometimes anal, A-type personality wants there to be a definitive end point!
Closed Thread