Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2010, 11:01 AM   #271
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lins View Post
For anyone who is interested if you click on my screen name, and the click on "Lins' homepage", it will take you to my blog where you can see before and after pictures of me. I put it on there to hopefully offer some encouragment to those who are struggling, and also for myself so that I can look at it any time I am struggling. I always found other people's story and pictures so inspirational. Because belive me if I can do it, so can you. God bless you all!
OMG Lins you look BEAUTIFUL

Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2010, 12:47 PM   #272
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: slbpl61
Stats: 5'8" 206/203/165
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 08/16/2013 Restart
Restart and InterActive Exercise program

Today is my official restart date! Weighed in this morning for the first time since early August and gained 5 pounds. I am actually extremely pleased with that as is my doctor and staff at the clinic!! They were amazed at how well I was able to maintain my loss as so many gain much of the weight back before completing the program. I changed my goal from 165 to 155 and updated my profile details as if I was a newbie....more of a psychological thing for me....lol....and despite how far I have come, it helps me look at these last 19 pounds far from a challenge as the first 40! I'm on the home stretch! It was so good to be back. I feel amazing and more motivated than ever.

My clinic has been selling out of the new InterActive Exercise program. I didn't buy it yet. I want to read more about it first. Is anyone on it? Please share your thoughts about it.
Old 10-21-2010, 02:21 PM   #273
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Not Giselle
Stats: 5'8", 187/145/145
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 7/27/10
Wow, Lins!!! Way to go!!!!!! A picture really is worth 1000 words.
Old 10-21-2010, 07:08 PM   #274
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: afunfish
Stats: 203/158/150 5"8
WOE: Medi - Acute Phase
Congratulations to everyone new to Medi and is seeing their loses and also to those going back on program, wish you all more than the best at success.

Lins your pictures are great! and an inspiration on how well you can do on plan.

This is week six for me and I am down 30lbs! I have not got past 178lbs in years I would always get stuck there, when dieting and working out on my own, so I am very happy.

Happy Weekend !
Old 10-22-2010, 07:35 AM   #275
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tydreamer
Start Date: 2/10/10
I've had the worst week of eating since I've been in maintenance and yet my weight is down. I don't understand. I've even missed two days of working out in the last two weeks. I'm not complaining by any means. I just don't get it. When I'm trying really hard and being so diligent, sometimes I go up and when I've had a week like this, I go down? What other factors am I missing here?
Old 10-22-2010, 07:52 AM   #276
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ortal
Stats: 184/138/120 5'5"
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 4/26/2010
leah you only missed 2 days of working out in 2 weeks? you are SUPPOSED to take days off here adn there.

im with you on the food. this is the worst week for me so far. there is just SO MUCH temptation at my office. I need to buckle down though. Im gonna have CALCULATED 'cheats' and stop eating the candy left by the copier. Im going to stop eating all my calories before i leave theoffice. even when i bring my food and stick to it, doesnt help when I eat all the sweets. Today is my office's halloween party, which means were having a pot-luck lunch (which I can deal with, it just means I can eat my own food and noone will point), a cupcake contest (kill me) and a kids party (Ill be focusing on my daughter so it wont be so bad. but the cupcake contest looks AWESOME and there are SO many other sweets littered around the office. Im not really worried about the chips/pretzels/starchy side dishes that people brought in, but all these sweets have been my downfall which is really surprising cause im usually not huge on sweets.

Ortal step away from the butterfinger. step away from the reeses. the reason medi worked so well for you is cause you didnt cheat and you didnt have 'just one'. when you allow yourself just one or two it opens the doors to more cause you realize how much you MISSED that junk. so stop it. people ask me why i dont let myself have just one, and this is why. one cupcake wont kill me but it sets the tone for the rest of the day.

Im hoping to be 100% on the wagon this weekend and all next week so i can let go a little for my birthday festivities on the 30th.

in the mean time i have some sugar free hersheys at my desk. 5 pieces are only 160 calories.

Mini Goal - 130 by 10/30
Ultimate Goal - 120 by the end of the year.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:08 AM   #277
Senior LCF Member

I don't work out too terribly hard - that's why I do it every day. It's usually the bike or treadmill for 45 minutes. I always break a sweat and get my heart rate up, but I'm usually afraid if I skip a day, the next day might be harder to get back on track.

And that brings us to the eating. Cupcakes. Yummmmm. I love sweets. All sweets. And it's the getting to maintenance and allowing a couple of those back in that has me worried. If I let myself ONCE, why not again? And again? I'm really and all or nothing kinda girl. Peanut butter - it's either none or 600 calories worth of spoonfuls. Twizzlers? (Charlene, they're my favorite!!!) it's not just two or three, it's the WHOLE BAG OF FAMILY SIZED TWISTS!!! Almonds? Can't stop. Cookies? Cake? Chocolate? I can't really do any of these things in moderation, so have just stayed away. One thing I've done is brought cereal back in. I'm a total cereal nut so have to be careful. No Cocoa Puffs or Crunch Berries (delish!!) but I said okay to Fiber One original, Kashi original and an occasional bowl of Kix. But SOMETIMES I say, hmmmm, that was pretty good, but what about these Strawberry Honey Bunches of Oats? OMG!! They're so good! And pretty soon, I've had two bowls. I need a carb detox (which I'm working on right now) and get rid of the cravings. I'm still being pretty good, but am still over on calories. I hope today can be different.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:18 AM   #278
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tydreamer View Post
If I let myself ONCE, why not again? And again? I'm really and all or nothing kinda girl.
thats where i have a problem too leah. And people dont understand why I wnt have just one and look at me and roll their eyes. If I could have just one I wouldnt have this problem to begin with, no?

Im going to go all-in this weekend diet wise. Im starting right now (15 minutes before my holiday party starts). I could do it once, Ill do it again. I dont need to eat cupcakes. I have my sugar free candy. I know Im a night-eater so I need to make sure I leave my calories for then, not go through them by noon.

We can do it leah *hugs*. I just hate when people roll their eyes. 'its halloween!' yeah, well next week is my birthday and i want to drink. then thanksgiving then christmas. the calories still come on the same. it really depresses me that nothings really changed in my food-attitude, because i still want to eat all of these things just the same. Ill never be one of those naturally thin people (sorry betheny frannkel) that can just have one and not worry about it.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:21 AM   #279
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Lea, Ortal, Irina, MaryT8M, Nancy, Lins, Macauley, Me, and others? All of us have been SUCCESSFUL and now we're all doing the week 1 thing again! We can DO this friends! If you'd like, join us in the Energy In/Energy Out thread for accountability with writing down what you're eating!
Old 10-22-2010, 08:50 AM   #280
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
Ortal, you said:"I just hate when people roll their eyes. 'its halloween!' yeah, well next week is my birthday and i want to drink. then thanksgiving then christmas. the calories still come on the same. it really depresses me that nothings really changed in my food-attitude, because i still want to eat all of these things just the same. Ill never be one of those naturally thin people (sorry betheny frannkel) that can just have one and not worry about it."

How true! This is me - It was the wedding festivities, then my mom's birthday, now I am going to Las Vegas to conference, then it will be mine and my husband's birthdays, Thanksgiving, Christmas. Food, food, food... How to get back to that self-control I had during the acute?

Also I am like lea - all or nothing girl. I would resist temptation for a while but seeing the food for hours at the party and other people eating it, eventually make me take something unplanned and then all bets are off. Then of course, I feel guilty, depressed, upset. Another words, it is still the same food attitude that made me gained all this weight.

"Nothing tastes better than thin feels"
-------------------
Was in wellness!
Restart on 04/05/11 to lose 15 gained lb
253/148/140
Old 10-22-2010, 09:02 AM   #281
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by irabeslim View Post

Also I am like lea - all or nothing girl. I would resist temptation for a while but seeing the food for hours at the party and other people eating it, eventually make me take something unplanned and then all bets are off. Then of course, I feel guilty, depressed, upset. Another words, it is still the same food attitude that made me gained all this weight.
SPOT ON!!

I am still the same person with the same issues with food - except now I'm thinner. The mind is still fat, the temptations are still there and the mentality is the same. Yes, I know how to take the pounds off - maybe even maintain this weight, but it's the feeling guilty for eating something, feeling depressed, feeling the temptation - whether I give in or not - that's eating me up. I've said something about this before, but not actually spelled it out. It's like the gateway drug. You hear all the time that once kids try "weed", they're more likely to try/test other drugs. I feel that ANY sweet is my gateway drug. It may only be one little thing, but it makes it harder to say no to more, harder to say no next time, harder to say no to the piece of chocolate cake, 2nd bowl of cereal, etc. My only real armor is to say NO to everything that tempts me. And that's a whole lotta stuff!!
Old 10-22-2010, 09:05 AM   #282
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ortal View Post

Im going to go all-in this weekend diet wise. Im starting right now (15 minutes before my holiday party starts). I could do it once, Ill do it again. I dont need to eat cupcakes. I have my sugar free candy. I know Im a night-eater so I need to make sure I leave my calories for then, not go through them by noon.

We can do it leah *hugs*.
I'm in. All the way. I know we said the end of October, but I might be a week or two into November before I get where I want. But I'm refocused and recommitted! We CAN do this!!
Old 10-22-2010, 10:09 AM   #283
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kelly4me
Stats: Lost 53 pounds 2010, Restart 2013
WOE: MWL in 2010, Low Carb 2013
Start Date: 8/27/2010, 10/22/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by afunfish View Post
Congratulations to everyone new to Medi and is seeing their loses and also to those going back on program, wish you all more than the best at success.

Lins your pictures are great! and an inspiration on how well you can do on plan.

This is week six for me and I am down 30lbs! I have not got past 178lbs in years I would always get stuck there, when dieting and working out on my own, so I am very happy.

Happy Weekend !
Congrats, Afunfish!

I find this interesting because 178 is my precise sticking point as well. I got down that far 12 years ago and could not break it, no matter what I did. I'm nervous!

I hit my 30 pound loss this week as well. Serious happy dance. The water that I was worried about last week (I hadn't lost any in the past six weeks) whooshed away this week. I didn't lose that much fat this week, but I'll take the big number either way.
Old 10-22-2010, 10:13 AM   #284
Major LCF Poster!

Lea, Ortal, Irina, and all-
Powerful stuff!!! It has been hard for me too lately. Back in acute when I had "planned splurges" and a goal still in sight I could do it. Now it's tougher to allow moderation; I too am and ALL or NOTHING at all kinda gal. Especially since the goal has been met, can be met again if I stick to it, and yet all these functions and holidays make it seem "allowable!" My parents were here for 9 days, about 6 days longer than I'd thought they'd be. Then DD#1 engaged and wedding plans. Then DD#2 in recently and medical concerns. Then last night Komen event with yummies and wine. And now last week of this grad school class and impending obligations of papers due! New awesome group of students, but working on lesson plans, etc. This is life, as I know it, and I want to not go crazy with the "will I be good, or will I be rebellious!" Truthfully, I'm up to 143.5 lbs on home scales this AM. Now trying to drink water and decarb like crazy!!

And like Lea: "I'm in. All the way. I know we said the end of October, but I might be a week or two into November before I get where I want. But I'm refocused and recommitted! We CAN do this!!"

Last edited by Fit2010; 10-22-2010 at 10:15 AM..
Old 10-22-2010, 11:01 AM   #285
Senior LCF Member

at lunch i managed well. i had a huge plate of salad (that had oil and vinegar already mixed in) and i took a chicken wing but it was cold by the time i got to it. I had 2 pieces of sugar free pumpkin and maybe 4 small bites of pumpkin pie filling, and some grapes. you dont underSTAND how much food was there, so im overall pleased with that. now im eating my mashed cauliflower and chicken that id prepared from home, which should last me till i get home
Old 10-22-2010, 11:08 AM   #286
Major LCF Poster!

Horray Ortal! No cupcakes or candy! Your celebration time will be your birthday - You Hottie YOU!
Old 10-22-2010, 11:12 AM   #287
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ericak44
Stats: 189/180/ size 10
Start Date: 10/1/10- restart 5/29/12
Week 2

So I lost 12.4 the first 12 days and only 0.8 the second week. It was 3lb of fat and 2lb water gain so I will take it.

Lea- I have a friend who used Over Eaters Annonymous to go from 230lbs to 140ish and a size 4. She also follows a low carb diet similar to medi but by going through a 12 step program, she treats her eating like an alcoholic or drug addict. We always will have the same issues with food. I know myself, I am a carb addict, when I started Medi, I went through physical withdrawal, sweats, shakes, headaches. I am accepting that this is going to have to be a lifestyle for me. In some ways it is easier for me because I am allergic to gluten. I get GI distress and a very itchy rash if I eat anything with Wheat, Rye, Barley and some Oats so it makes sticking to Medi even easier.

As for the people at restruants rolling eyes, I tell them exactly what I need or what and tell them it is because of food allergies, not a diet and they are more than happy to help me, not roll their eyes. So, if you need to get medi friendly at a restraunt, make up a wheat allergy, it works
Old 10-22-2010, 02:20 PM   #288
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Wow, sometimes it amazes me how some of you write exactly what I am feeling. I had a 1 lb gain this week (apparently, it is all water - I was down 1.6 fat, up 2.6 water - BUT I gained a pound, and that's the bottom line to me). I have NEVER gained anything until last week, and it totally psyched me out. (I actually made burgers for the kids that night and ate the bun on mine with regular cheese, regular ketchup, etc - I had the mindset of screw it, I'm done. Then was SO GUILTY the next morning...and had to jump back on track.).

I really wish Medi had some sort of "12 step program" with it. Food is my addiction, and its like an alcoholic - they can't have just 1 sip, and I can't have just 1 bite. And at times I truly resent myself for being like this.

Is anyone else petrified of Halloween coming? I know my 2 girls want to trick-or-treat, my 5 yr old has never done the traditional door to door stuff (last year she had just had surgery on her foot and was in a cast groin to toes, so she's been waiting for it this year). But, those bite-size pieces of candy in this house? I'm truly, truly scared. My mom and brother have both gotten the girls a small "gift", rather than have candy for them - which I am so grateful for because it is just another way for them to support me. However, what will I do with the rest of the candy? And I feel as if I get rid of it -I'm punishing the kids for MY weakness, not theirs. UGH, out of all the upcoming holidays (Halloween, Thanksgiving, my birthday, Christmas,etc) I am worried about this one the most. Sometimes I just want to scream!!!

Over 100lbs. GONE FOREVER
Thanks to MWL!
8 months to Wellness....5/11/10 - 1/11/11
Old 10-22-2010, 03:24 PM   #289
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tydreamer View Post
I'm in. All the way. I know we said the end of October, but I might be a week or two into November before I get where I want. But I'm refocused and recommitted! We CAN do this!!
I'm with you on this!

My sticking point has been 158. I've lost weight and gotten to 160, but not much less. Now I'm weighing 159 in the morning on my scale.....this past week I went up a couple of pounds, but this morning I'm right back at 159! I've GOT to focus and get past that dreaded number. The last time I weighed 158 was when I got pregnant with my daughter, and she just turned 30 last week! Today we were out running errands and stopped at KFC for a grilled chicken breast for lunch........all was going well when DH bought an order of wings! They're breaded but did that stop me........NOOOOO I had only 3 but hated myself after. REALLY, why do we do this to ourselves? I'm an expert dieter....I dieted myself right up to 228 pounds! I think I always knew I could lose it

I don't think I'm addicted to anything in particular (even carbs in general) I just have some HUGE issues with portion control. When something tastes good (and that's just about everything) I want more! I don't want to be deprived! I know variety is NOT my friend! I'm always afraid I'll miss something. I do much better ordering the same thing at a restaurant, or fixing the same thing over and over at home.

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford
Old 10-22-2010, 03:29 PM   #290
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: meganlj
The struggle.... I have gotten really lax with my journaling which throws me off completely. I just need to get back on track with that.
the joy of all of though is that I hit -31lbs at this weeks weigh in!! YAY!!
Can someone reassure me though? I am losing ~2-3 lbs a week right now and it feels like i will NEVER hit my goal weight.. 45 more to go. I finally feel like I can exercise without killing my knees though, so I'm hoping that will bump up my numbers (agreed?)
thanks for reading this if you've gotten through it, just needed to write today.. I'm at my in-laws for a wedding this weekend and i'm already surrounded my HORRIBLE food.. example? my FIL decided that a cupcake from walmart would make a good breakfast for my 5 yr old ( before I got to the kitchen, he had inhaled it.) MIL stocked up on 6 bags of chips, 2 boxes of little miss snacks, and baked and angel food cake... i feel like i'm in a constant battle of will!!!
Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 10-22-2010, 03:53 PM   #291
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meganlj View Post
The struggle.... I have gotten really lax with my journaling which throws me off completely. I just need to get back on track with that.
Can someone reassure me though? I am losing ~2-3 lbs a week right now and it feels like i will NEVER hit my goal weight.. 45 more to go. I finally feel like I can exercise without killing my knees though, so I'm hoping that will bump up my numbers (agreed?)
thanks for reading this if you've gotten through it, just needed to write today.. I'm at my in-laws for a wedding this weekend and i'm already surrounded my HORRIBLE food.. example? my FIL decided that a cupcake from walmart would make a good breakfast for my 5 yr old ( before I got to the kitchen, he had inhaled it.) MIL stocked up on 6 bags of chips, 2 boxes of little miss snacks, and baked and angel food cake... i feel like i'm in a constant battle of will!!!
Megan YAY for you! I am at the point (and have been for a long time) where I lose about 2 pounds every week no matter how hard I try to exercise more or eat better! Be happy and grateful! A loss, ANY loss is a good thing! Be proud of yourself! I have about 40 pounds left to lose as well, and in my mind I would lose 15 pounds EVERY month.....I was sorely disappointed! Hang in there, you're doing great! BUT......keep up with your journaling! It's important....You're important!
Old 10-22-2010, 03:56 PM   #292
Major LCF Poster!

I've been lurking over at the maintenance board.......even though I'm a long way away from being able to join that group! So many wonderful things are posted there I want to thank all of you It gives me great hope!
Old 10-22-2010, 04:38 PM   #293
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mccosby
Stats: 218/146/150
WOE: medi weightloss
Start Date: August 2010
Mommy2princesses,

I had the exact same type of week as you. I lost 1.5 this week, but ate perfectly last week and did TONS of exercise, so had a "screw it" mentality. Today, I ate real salad dressing and a slice of pizza. Hopefully tomorrow I will have my resolve back.
Old 10-22-2010, 04:52 PM   #294
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kelly4me
Stats: Lost 53 pounds 2010, Restart 2013
WOE: MWL in 2010, Low Carb 2013
Start Date: 8/27/2010, 10/22/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by meganlj View Post
Megan - I'm at pretty much the same exact place that you are - have lost 33, have 40 lbs to go. I'm really excited, though - I'm almost half-way there!

I use an app. on my Droid phone for journaling. It gives me more information about what I'm eating. It's also always with me, so it's easy to journal on the go. I can also check out foods before I eat them to see how they fit into my plan for the day. I print out the reports online and take them to Medi each week.

I'd be way irritated with my In-laws if they pulled that stuff. Do they know what type of plan you're on? My FIL is not supportive of Medi because of the calorie restrictions, but he wouldn't try to sabotage me, either.

Working on low carb lifestyle changes. I did Medi in 2010. Using their ideas to make permanent life changes on my own.

First goal: -20
Currently: -6.4
10/29: -2.2
11/5: -4.2

Last edited by kelly4me; 10-22-2010 at 04:54 PM..
Old 10-22-2010, 05:40 PM   #295
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NOT2fat4fun
Stats: 190/178/145 again
Start Date: May 5, 2009
So hard for me when I read all those last posts.
So the truth (OK its my truth -but it may be true for you too) - you really have to get a grip on why you overeat, focus on sweets, crave certain foods, etc - because if you don't - you may end up like me. Gaining a lot of of your weight back during 'maintenance'.
I am a super sweet craver - but if I don't eat it - I don't crave it. It was very easy for me to take the weight off - but keeping it off was a mess for me because I didn't deal with what was causing me to eat the CRAP I knew was not good for me. Hope I don't offend anyone with that. I do think it is important to talk about it but action is what will make the difference. And really - I don't want anyone to have to do what I am doing - starting over again.
I am also seeing a counselor now so I can deal with my food gremlins and keep it off this time. The clinic support is great but it didn't help me deal with my real stuff. Obviously, for a lot of us, it's not about the food.
So now I got to my clinic once a week, see my counselor once a week, and journal, exercise and I will keep it off this time.
Again, it is really important to talk about it - please do not think that I saying you shouldn't. Just hoping my mistake can help someone else...

You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it
Old 10-22-2010, 05:43 PM   #296
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericak44 View Post
So I lost 12.4 the first 12 days and only 0.8 the second week. It was 3lb of fat and 2lb water gain so I will take it.

Lea- I have a friend who used Over Eaters Annonymous to go from 230lbs to 140ish and a size 4. She also follows a low carb diet similar to medi but by going through a 12 step program, she treats her eating like an alcoholic or drug addict. We always will have the same issues with food. I know myself, I am a carb addict, when I started Medi, I went through physical withdrawal, sweats, shakes, headaches. I am accepting that this is going to have to be a lifestyle for me. In some ways it is easier for me because I am allergic to gluten. I get GI distress and a very itchy rash if I eat anything with Wheat, Rye, Barley and some Oats so it makes sticking to Medi even easier.
Erica, I actually ordered tons of materials from OA about a year ago. And truly, this is me. It is an addiction. And I wish it wasn't so, but it is and I have accepted that. I don't like it - but I accept it. I know there are a few meetings around here - maybe I should go just once to see if it could help me. I really need to feel empowered again instead of defeated. Thanks for the tip!
Old 10-22-2010, 05:51 PM   #297
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOT2fat4fun View Post
So hard for me when I read all those last posts.
So the truth (OK its my truth -but it may be true for you too) - you really have to get a grip on why you overeat, focus on sweets, crave certain foods, etc - because if you don't - you may end up like me. Gaining a lot of of your weight back during 'maintenance'.
I am a super sweet craver - but if I don't eat it - I don't crave it. It was very easy for me to take the weight off - but keeping it off was a mess for me because I didn't deal with what was causing me to eat the CRAP I knew was not good for me. Hope I don't offend anyone with that. I do think it is important to talk about it but action is what will make the difference. And really - I don't want anyone to have to do what I am doing - starting over again.
I am also seeing a counselor now so I can deal with my food gremlins and keep it off this time. The clinic support is great but it didn't help me deal with my real stuff. Obviously, for a lot of us, it's not about the food.
So now I got to my clinic once a week, see my counselor once a week, and journal, exercise and I will keep it off this time.
Again, it is really important to talk about it - please do not think that I saying you shouldn't. Just hoping my mistake can help someone else...
Macauley - I still don't know why I overeat. I don't. I want to be accepted. I want to be perfect.

I have a lot of physical ailments and illnesses and I think most of the time it's in an effort to make myself feel better. And going down, it really does feel great. But the minute it's gone, I'm questioning why I did it again and wishing I could just be normal.

I don't want to gain back the weight and I don't want to start over again. I admire the heck out of you for not only DOING it, but coming here and TELLING us about it!!!

I know that my crazy time is between 1 and 4 p.m. During that time, I blew it again today. And since then, I've had an apple and some cauliflower and am truly not hungry or needing to eat anything. But during my crazy time, I consumed about 800 to 1,000 calories.
Old 10-22-2010, 05:54 PM   #298
Senior LCF Member

and mommy2 - just throw the stuff away. It feels so great! and then throw coffee grounds on it so you aren't tempted to pull it out you look great by the way!
Old 10-22-2010, 05:57 PM   #299
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2princesses View Post
I really wish Medi had some sort of "12 step program" with it. Food is my addiction, and its like an alcoholic - they can't have just 1 sip, and I can't have just 1 bite. And at times I truly resent myself for being like this.

Is anyone else petrified of Halloween coming?
Does anyone have any experience at all with 12 step programs? I don't even know the steps, but maybe that could help me. Seriously. Maybe I should look into this or look up the OA stuff again and incorporate that into my life. Not in place of Medi - but in addition to Medi as a deeper focus on WHY I am like I am. I know they have OA meetings all over the nation.

We went to Walmart tonite and bought out the store. But we didn't even go down the candy aisle. My husband said, "probably we shouldn't buy candy YET, cause the kids would eat it up before Halloween". Wasn't that nice of him to think the KIDS would eat it up? I don't even want it in the house. The day of, I'll be fine - I just won't have it around until then. And when it's lights out, the last group of kids will get EVERYTHING left dumped into their bags!!
Old 10-22-2010, 06:01 PM   #300
Senior LCF Member

Hey Lea - that is a hard time of day for me too. I was never a night eater until my guy went to work out of town for eight months. Then I just got bored of myself and ate ...
I have been doing some reading about the addictive nature of carbs and the release of dopamine. THE FOOD MAKES YOU FEEL GOOD FOR SURE.
Really - my humble opinion is you are going to have to find something to keep yourself busy during that time, find a few things that you CAN eat during that time of day that help satisfy you and just go do something else so you can't think about eating. I know it's easy to say. But you have to replace habitual eating with something else that nurtures you...
You have had a great weight loss. Doesn't it feel amazing?
Closed Thread