Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2010, 05:53 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: diertac
Stats: 196.6/167.2/155
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 09/21/10
Doctor Recommended!

It's official, my joining up with Medi-Weightloss is doctor recommended. My husband initially seemed a little concerned about me going so low carb and low calorie (he's a rail thin marathon runner, who carbs up heavily before long runs, so he's totally not got the low-carb mindset)...

Got a very detailed, very nice, followup letter in the mail from my doctor after the results of my comprehensive physical last week. He summarized the letter with this paragraph.

Quote:
All in all, a normal exam. Unfortunately, I did not find any thyroid abnormalities to explain your weight gain. My suspicion is it is unfortunately probably related to perimenopause and probably genetics. My suggestion is a high protein, low fat, low carbohydrate diet with exercise and that should help you lose weight. You may want to consider one of the more reputable centers in the area such as Medi-Weight Loss and they may be able to give you a very nicely guided diet.
While I hated the perimenopause comment, I was pleased to get a doctor recommendation in WRITING for MWL! Note, he didn't even talk Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, or any others. Nope, MWL for the win!

Once my husband saw that letter, he was completely on board!
diertac is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2010, 07:39 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: msawhitt
Stats: 220/130/145
WOE: Medi
Start Date: August 11, 2010
My doctor referred me to Medi too : ) She said it was the perfect program for someone like me who has never had a weight issue (thus no real underlying emotional issues/whatever) and needed a way to quickly get excess weight off! I gained 80 pounds during pregnancy, and had no clue where to even start to get them off. It was the best recommendation!!
msawhitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:02 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
MWL is doctor recommended a great deal of the time. My personal physician recommended it to me as well.

Try adding this note from your doc into the September thread where a whole lot more people will see it. There are just way too many threads to get through every day so most people will go to the Newbie thread, recipe threads, and the monthly thread on a daily basis.

Jo
Desert-Rose7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 10:15 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: May 11, 2010
An ob/gyn at the practice where I go is actually the medical director for my MWL center. Most of the dr's from that practice rotate through the medi clinic as the dr there to see patients. Not to mention the Dr's and nurses from the ob/gyn office that have had huge results with MWL. My theory was - if it was good enough for the dr's and nurses..it had to be good enough for me!
mommy2princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 12:38 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kelly4me
Stats: Lost 53 pounds 2010, Restart 2013
WOE: MWL in 2010, Low Carb 2013
Start Date: 8/27/2010, 10/22/2013
The doctor that owns our local clinic is also my friend's OB/GYN of many years. That was one of the main reasons that I was willing to try it. I figured that he wouldn't be involved in some fly-by-night operation.
kelly4me is offline   Reply With Quote