Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Medi Weightloss (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/)
-   -   Injections "OUCH" (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/692145-injections-ouch.html)

HERVIN 09-22-2010 02:12 PM

Injections "OUCH"

Has anyone else had painful injections??
The clinic I am going to mix the B & Mic injection.
The injection is a killer...
If it is only the MIC injection it is fine.

msawhitt 09-22-2010 06:46 PM

Yes, the B shot hurts! The MIC alone does not (other than what you would expect from an injection), and it makes it much worse if you rub it : )

Mary T8M 09-23-2010 08:00 AM

Since my clinic charges extra for the B shot we don't get it. We take B complex orally.....all though I think we'll get the sublingual B next time we buy it.
We take the MIC home and inject ourselves. We live too far away to go back mid week for the second MIC injection so it finally just evolved to us giving both MIC injections to ourselves. We use our thighs, and it doesn't hurt.

msawhitt 09-23-2010 10:26 AM

The clinic offers a sublingual B complex supplement that they say (mine does, anyways) is comparable to the B injection. They are called MediBolic Melts, and my clinic charges $15 for a 30 day supply. The counselor I spoke with said they are primarily for transition/wellness, but since I am away so much and miss a lot of injections she recommended them.

Mary- how do you get the MIC to inject for yourself, does your clinic give them to you? I always wondered if that was an option, not that I need it now since I drive by my clinic daily because it is located on a main road, but I wish I had asked for when I was gone so much my first 6 weeks!

Mary T8M 09-23-2010 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msawhitt (Post 13923348)
The clinic offers a sublingual B complex supplement that they say (mine does, anyways) is comparable to the B injection. They are called MediBolic Melts, and my clinic charges $15 for a 30 day supply. The counselor I spoke with said they are primarily for transition/wellness, but since I am away so much and miss a lot of injections she recommended them.

Mary- how do you get the MIC to inject for yourself, does your clinic give them to you? I always wondered if that was an option, not that I need it now since I drive by my clinic daily because it is located on a main road, but I wish I had asked for when I was gone so much my first 6 weeks!

They told me from the first day we could take the mid week injections home (we live about an hour from the clinic in Jupiter.....we're also about an hour from the clinic in Melbourne) so we started doing that, then my DH said he'd rather not "drop his drawers" to even get the injection at the center at all, so they just give us 4 (2 for him and 2 for me) to take with us each week.
The woman who referred us did the same thing, but said they made her "demonstrate" to them that she knew how to give herself the injection. I just told them I'm an RN, so would give DH the shot or show him how to give his own! He actually already knew what he was doing......we had a dog who was diabetic, so everyone in our house is good at giving shots!