Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2010, 04:27 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: darth_avocado
Stats: 191/174/140
WOE: medi weight loss
Start Date: 9-2010
first post...

today is day 6 for me. so far so good. tonight my neighbor brought over the last of the sweets from a party she had yesterday because she can't have it in the house. so, after already having gone through 400 of my calories for today, here i am sitting here looking at a peanut butter chocolate cake with pb icing, made from scratch. at least the ice cream cake she brought is in the freezer and not in line of sight.

anyway, i won't eat it. i am made of willpower!!! right? RIGHT??!?!?!!?!

the plan is working nicely for me, i think. i have done south beach before but always fall apart when it's time to start adding things back in after the first two weeks. i'm hoping that the weigh ins and back up i'll get from the clinic will help me with that. also, i am a classic emotional eater. anyone else corrected that with this w.o.e?

anyway, just checking in to say hi and that i am really enjoying and appreciating all of the info here.
darth_avocado is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2010, 07:56 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: suzanna1
Stats: 215/170/149 5'8" 39 years old
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Welcome, darth_avocado!

Throw that cake away or put it in the freezer too!
suzanna1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 09:27 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
Welcome to the forum and the program. It really is the one that works. You need to commit 100% body mind and soul, and commit to working out issues like emotional eating, which your counselors at the clinic will be happy to work on with you.

Toss out that cake, AND the ice cream. You do NOT have to keep them just because your neighbor does not want them in her house. You do not need them in your house either.

And come on over to the following thread:

Welcome Newbies! Helpful info for week 1.

You will find lots of helpful tips and good ideas for the beginning weeks and months of the program. And come on over to the monthly thread for lots of support and encouragement.

I wish you great success!

Jo
Old 09-20-2010, 07:16 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

i regifted the ice cream cake to another neighbor and let my husband have some of the other, but the rest is sitting in a trash bin right now. no one really ever "needed" chocolate peanut butter cake anyway.

tomorrow is my first weigh in and i am beyond excited. i can't even wait to dig into something green and crunchy.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:36 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
darth_avocado, you said
"i have done south beach before but always fall apart when it's time to start adding things back in after the first two weeks. i'm hoping that the weigh ins and back up i'll get from the clinic will help me with that. also, i am a classic emotional eater. anyone else corrected that with this w.o.e?"

This program works, no doubt, look at my stats. I am also an emotional eater and all that jazz...Unfortunately, at least for me, it is still a daily struggle mentally to stay on a plan when you have various "trigger" situations. I am really trying to train my brain by reading Dr.Beck book and it does help but there is a long way to go.

"Nothing tastes better than thin feels"
-------------------
Was in wellness!
Restart on 04/05/11 to lose 15 gained lb
253/148/140
irabeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 04:07 PM   #6
Junior LCF Member

wow, congrats on such an amazing success!! it's stats like that that really brought me to the medi clinic.

i had a 6.5 lb. loss this week. i'll look into dr, beck's book. thanks.
Old 09-21-2010, 04:20 PM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: loyemarie
Stats: 5'7"~258/226.2/170
WOE: MWL
Start Date: September 8, 2010
Welcome, darth! I'm only a week ahead of you, but I have a longer way to go than you do

Don't you think it's interesting that your neighbor brought the cakes to you because "she couldn't have them in the house?" Now you two will have to find another neighbor to accept those food offerings - maybe a bachelor or single parent?

I know for myself, that my willpower is at an all time high early in any weight loss attempt, but can wax and wane after the "honeymoon" is over, and I just can't have anything like cake in the house. Like you said, nobody "needs" cake.

You're going to do very well. Just put yourself first, what your needs are, for now. Help "stack the deck" for yourself to be successful.

loyemarie
loyemarie is offline   Reply With Quote