Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2010, 03:46 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: souzac
Stats: 183/176/145
WOE: Atkinsish
Start Date: March 23, 2011
A Hundred Bucks? Too Good???

Does this sound right? I made my appt. for the 16th and I'm planning on purchasing the 4 wks. of Appetite supressant. Does this sound good, or will they hit me up for much more $$$..........

NEW FOR 2010: LOW ECONOMY BUSTER PRICES!

Option 1: $40 NEW Patient LOWEST START PRICE - PLUS 1 Week of weight loss medication.*

(or)

Option 2: $60 NEW Patient office consultation PLUS 2 weeks of weight loss medication.*

(or)

Option 3: $100 NEW Patient office consultation PLUS 4 weeks of weight loss medication.*

* New prices include Phentermine 37.5mg tablets, 1 a day per the week option you chose.
* Phentermine is the most prescribed stimulant weight loss medication (other treatment options may cost more).
* All NEW Patients receive a FREE Body Composition Profile.
* All patient visits at Spring Medical Clinic are professional medical office visits.
* Patients and our health care provider meet to discuss your weight loss progress at every visit.
* Spring Medical Clinic is professionally staffed 6 DAYS A WEEK, and OPEN at lunch time for your convenience!
* New Patients - Appointment required - please call clinic to schedule New Patient Visit (916) 371-1930 - Sacramento Clinic or (707) 447-2407 - Vacaville Clinic.
* Follow-up Patients - NO appointments for follow-up patients. Just walk into clinic for follow-up visit 6 days a week!
souzac is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2010, 07:14 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ortal
Stats: 184/138/120 5'5"
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 4/26/2010
wait, what? is this legit? where did you get this info, I almost just reported Spam before I read closer...

I think the clinics have some leeway to set up their own promotions so it could be true. I remember reading here that one clinic let someone pay for 6 months in advance at a discounted rate, and mine wouldnt do that. Also some will work with you on price some wont.
Ortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 08:44 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: msawhitt
Stats: 220/130/145
Start Date: August 11, 2010
I was thinking the same thing...is this even for a Medi clinic?? This sounds nothing like what our clinic does!

On that note, I took Phentermine on my own, without the weekly visits for almost 2 months, and I DO NOT recommend it! The diet and nutritional counseling is the most important part- without it, you will end up right back in the same place you are at right now once you are hungry again (which you will be, with a vengance, after finishing the meds). My family physician did me a favor in prescribing me the medication, not because I lost weight, but because it ultimately got me in the door at Medi : )

lost 45 pounds in 3 months with MWL!

total loss of 90 pounds since May 2010

In maintenance : )
msawhitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 10:28 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by msawhitt View Post
I was thinking the same thing...is this even for a Medi clinic?? This sounds nothing like what our clinic does!

On that note, I took Phentermine on my own, without the weekly visits for almost 2 months, and I DO NOT recommend it! The diet and nutritional counseling is the most important part- without it, you will end up right back in the same place you are at right now once you are hungry again (which you will be, with a vengance, after finishing the meds). My family physician did me a favor in prescribing me the medication, not because I lost weight, but because it ultimately got me in the door at Medi : )

how did you get it? through a physician?

i agree that the coaching is super important, butnow that i dont get the meds anymore I have a hard time with the high cost for the counseling.
Old 09-13-2010, 02:21 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

It is For REAL

The blurb I posted is from my local Medi Weight Loss Clinic site. It's called Spring. I would post the link for the website but I don't think it is allowed here. If you google words like spring medical west sacramento you will find the clinic. It tells much more than just the blurb I posted.

I'm 56 and very well versed in nutrition, healthy choices, portion sizes and all that. I am inuslin resistant and hungry all the time. It is hunger that mostly is my enemy. No, low calorie foods do not satisfy me as I am hungry within the hour no matter how much I try to fill up on protein, fat or fiber.

I'm leaving for Hawaii Oct. 11. I am 180 and need to lose at least 20lbs for now. At 160, I surely won't be slender. The only way this will be doable is with phentermine (for now). And, of course I will follow the Medi diet/woe.
Old 09-13-2010, 02:47 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

I'm thinking that the clinic near my home is not the same brand name as most of you go to. A spinoff of sorts. They do give b12 shots and sell protein foods, etc. Almost seems exact as medi. They do the nutritional counseling and Dr. visits.

"* Some new patients may not receive weight loss medication treatment if not well enough for treatment. Some patients may elect to not go on medication but want a professional medical weight loss review consultation - which we are happy to provide at a New Patient or Follow-up patient office visit. Not all of our patients here at Spring are on weight loss medication - but all DO get a professional consultation with our health care provider to consider each patients medical situation and offer appropriate advice to each individual patient. For that reason, all patient/provider office visits will be charged a $ 40 minimum office visit fee, whether the patient is given weight loss medication or not. It's the professional care and availability that we offer to you 6 days a week, not "just the medicine."
Old 09-13-2010, 06:35 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
FYI...the only MWL clinic in California at this time is in Los Gatos. There is no licensed MWL clinic in Sacramento or Vacaville. I checked out the website and it is most definitely NOT MWL. Yes, they are using some of the same "procedures" but without checking it out personally, I cannot even say they are the same thing for certain.

One thing I do know for certain is that MWL is MWL and if it does not carry that logo it is NOT MWL. There are a lot of weight loss clinics out there from which to choose. MWL is physician recommended and does not sell a huge range of products such as I see on the Spring website.

Just research really carefully and make the decision that is best for you. I wish you success on your weight loss journey.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:05 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Desert Rose. I'll ask my brother-in-law, who is an MD to check out the doctors at Spring when he gets back from his vacation.

I will also keep my appt. on Thursday as it is a free consultation. Los Gatos is way way too far to travel.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:10 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

yeah.... thats deff not a medi weightloss clinic. But Ill tell you, if they had something like that around here, I would do it for the phentermine.
Old 09-14-2010, 11:33 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: msawhitt
Stats: 220/130/145
Start Date: August 11, 2010
Ortal- yes, my family physician prescribed me Phentermine (37.5), although she did so against their office policy. From what I understand, it is uncommon for a standard primary care physician to prescribe the appetite supressants, but I totally hear you about paying the $70 per week for counseling. Once you've gone to so many appointments, it seems like you know what you need to be doing and eating by now!
msawhitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 10:44 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

yes exactly, I was mainly going for the phentermine and that offical, legit feeling of weighing in. that "its not just my scale being busted" feeling. A validation. but i cant afford it anymore. Plus I now have school on the nights I was going, and Ill have a different doc. the next night. ... Id like to go back at least once this month, maybe next week, just to check in and make sure I am on path.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:46 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

I went to my appt. and because of the medical things I listed on my intake form, they won't treat me without my primary physician's written consent so to speak.

I'm depressed right now so I'll forget about it for now and may go to my doc later.
Old 09-17-2010, 05:37 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by souzac View Post
I went to my appt. and because of the medical things I listed on my intake form, they won't treat me without my primary physician's written consent so to speak.

I'm depressed right now so I'll forget about it for now and may go to my doc later.
be happy they did. I refered someone at my job to medi, based on my success she really wantd to try it. She basically told my medi doc that id she wasnt getting the appetite suppressent right there, she was leaving. They gave it to her without first checking with her doctor and a few weeks later she was in the hospital with HUGE digestive problems. im not 100% sure if they were related, but it still makes me think how irresponsible it was to do that.