Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Medi Weightloss (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/)
-   -   Input, please! Thinking of trying to get pregnant... (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/690018-input-please-thinking-trying-get-pregnant.html)

jcfischer 09-06-2010 01:04 PM

Input, please! Thinking of trying to get pregnant...

So, I'm over half way to my goal and my husband and I are thinking of trying for our second child now. I will be 39 in December, and well, you know, not getting any younger. ;-) I am definitely going to talk to my clinic tomorrow (and I also have a physical on Wed. with my Dr....this is a good week to be thinking of all this!). Thought I'd also check in here to see if anyone else has tried to conceive while on the medi program and if so, what changes (if any) did you have to make?

I have not had an app suppressant for over a week, so that is hopefully no longer in my system (not sure how long that takes?). I am curious if anything will need to change with the knowledge that we'll start trying to conceive or if nothing will change unless we actually do conceive.

The good news is that I am 20 lbs lighter than when I conceived my first child and have lost a little over 52 lbs on Medi!! :cool:
Thanks for any input!!

SavLexiMom 09-09-2010 10:32 AM

Would love to hear what your clinic says...I'm in the same boat :)

jcfischer 09-10-2010 08:01 PM

Glad there's someone else in my boat! :-)

So, they are putting me into short term maintenance over the next 2 weeks (I started Tuesday)...I've added 2 starches (80-100 calories each) a day this week, with a daily fruit and 2 veggies. They gave me a list of appropriate starches, and of course it is all whole wheat (no white stuff). Next week I will increase calories even more until I reach around 1400 calories or so. It feels like SO.MUCH.FOOD. and I psychologically just feel so strange about eating the carbs...it's been almost 5 months without!! My journal this week is CRAZY...the daily list of food just looks HUGE, though all very healthy. I actually am having a very hard time getting it all in!! And, even the little bit of starch is giving me that old familiar bloating/too full feeling...sure hope that goes away very soon!!

I suppose I was secretly hoping they would let me continue this WOE until we actually conceived (so that I could keep losing), but this is the healthy way to go. They want to help get me eating enough to maintain, then I can increase a bit if we actually do conceive. This program is just so great in helping us learn our bodies and what we need as fuel...I LOVE MEDI!!

jcfischer 09-10-2010 08:02 PM

BTW, are you in Charlotte??!!

SavLexiMom 09-12-2010 10:17 AM

Yep, I'm in Charlotte :) I haven't been in awhile due to money issues, but we have been TTC for about 4 months now. I put myself on "maintenance" (even though I didn't really have a clue what I was supposed to do! :laugh:). I've lost about 3 pounds since then, but haven't gained an ounce. But, by looking at your post, it looks like I did what they would have told me to do! After this month, we are going to stop for awhile...don't want a summer baby with all this heat! :laugh: So, I'll go back to Medi and try again in Jan. or Feb. Good luck, mama!!