Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2010, 06:55 PM   #241
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: YankeeMom27
Stats: 181/156.8/145
WOE: Medi WeightLoss
Start Date: restart 03/29/13
Sara,
don't give up!!! I know how stressed you are right now, but just remember by being on Medi, you are not only doing this for you, but your daughter as well, who really needs you to be your healthiest! This site is wonderful for all the encouragement you will find, so whenever you get discouraged, just sign on and your Medi-family will be there to help!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2010, 05:39 AM   #242
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: loyemarie
Stats: 5'7"~258/226.2/170
WOE: MWL
Start Date: September 8, 2010
Irina - thank you so much for writing all the happy results you have experienced for me! Very interesting and some of my same issues/thoughts so I'm glad to have it reinforced that those things will improve/go away!

Lins - Stupid scales! But... great attitude! Attitude is really the make or break to anything we try to accomplish, and it seems you got it right!

Malloryann - woo hoo! Glad you are please with your success!

Sara - Girl, you have a situation that would try a saint! We had a very ill child many years ago, and I know the strain you are under. That is part of the reason I am where I am health-wise, so you are doing it right - taking care of her AND taking care of yourself!

And I am still trying to figure this diet out! I read the recipes on the Medi website, and they include items not mentioned on the "allowed" list in my materials. Like....Chobani Greek plain yogurt, light butter, etc. Maybe it's because I'm only in the 2nd week, and they add things later?? My next clinic visit will be a long one, because for $70/wk they got some 'splaining to do!

But, all is well in loyemarieland.

Have a fabulous weekend, everyone!

loyemarie

Last edited by loyemarie; 09-18-2010 at 05:44 AM..
Old 09-18-2010, 06:36 AM   #243
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Lins - It amazes me how far you've come...not only physically, but your mindset as well. The overall picture is what matters, just not that number on the scale.

Irina - Love your list of the "changes" that come about in losing over 100 lbs...tonight we're going to see the Boston Red Sox, and its the first time we're I'm not dreading having to sit in those teeny-tiny seats. I know I fit in it now! On the downside to losing weight....shopping gets expensive! (But its a good problem to have!) Its amazing how much more I want to shop when I don't feel as if I have to hide in the plus size clothes!

Sara - Keep doing the best you can, but the healthier you get - the easier it will be to handle it all. I really think my daily walk is now a big stress reliever & improves my mood when I go. And at least you put the ice cream in the downstairs freezer....pretty sure I would have thrown it out! Hugs to you.

Over 100lbs. GONE FOREVER
Thanks to MWL!
8 months to Wellness....5/11/10 - 1/11/11
Old 09-18-2010, 04:49 PM   #244
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Irabeslim,
Thanks for the post about changes. I'm wanting to lose a bit more than 100 pounds too, and already see a "ton" of changes in my life, and I'm only down 59 pounds so far. My Son and his family are here this weekend, and he says he doesn't ever remember seeing me this thin. He has, but he just doesn't remember.
Old 09-18-2010, 05:42 PM   #245
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Mary - When I saw my daughter (for her triathlon in Ohio) in August, she too said she didn't remember me being that "small" and at that time my loss was about 45 lbs. I had last been at that weight when she was about 11 years old, having just finished a different diet to lose 25 extra lbs. About 8 months later menopause entered in, and I was started on Premarin...and we know that estrogen can make you gain too. I slowly regained back up to 155-160 in the next 2 years. I got up to 190 just in the past couple of years--tomorrow she'll be 26 years old. So sad that only NOW is she seeing me be the healthy mom I've always wanted to be, and felt SO guilty that I wasn't making it. After starting menopause (at age 39) it all just kind of stuck on like glue, fat cells recruiting more fat cells for that full body insulation look!
Old 09-18-2010, 05:43 PM   #246
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
I ran 5 miles without stopping tonight. That's my longest distances yet. The cooler weather really helps. My ultimate goal is to do 10 miles without stopping someday. It's still a LOOOOONG way off, but I just think that would be super cool. I never could have done this 45lbs ago.
Old 09-18-2010, 05:48 PM   #247
Major LCF Poster!

Lins - You're my hero!! The farthest I've been doing is 2 1/2 miles without stopping. Next Saturday is the Race for the Cure 5K and I'll be attempting it without stopping! I have a question for you....I've been doing Zumba dance at the "Y" in the past couple weeks, wear cross training tennis shoes for that class vs my running shoes for jogging. With all the side to side "dancing" I can tell/feel a difference in my inner and outer metatarsal areas when I run because they are a little tender. Should I be concerned about this? I suppose I just need extra padding on my sockware for both activities. What do you wear?
Congrats again!
Old 09-19-2010, 01:14 AM   #248
Major LCF Poster!

Finally loaded some before and after photos on "official" thread here for MWL. I'm not very quick with all this--it's taken me about 5 hours! (Part of it is installing CDs, as I don't have a digital camera, yet!) Sorry some photos are sideways...etc. Don't know how to fix that. Any suggestions? The last photos were taken at about 145 lbs. Got down to 136.4 and now up to 140. Gotta get this back off! Goal is 137 lbs...adding in carbs is tricky, especially with my allergies and I've been a little impatient/rebellious. Eating carbs again makes me hungrier! Still learning this new way of maintaining!

Last edited by Fit2010; 09-19-2010 at 01:18 AM..
Old 09-19-2010, 06:13 AM   #249
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Azurro
Stats: 229.2/193.8/160
Start Date: May 2010
Well.. I have been away for the last month... and went for my first weigh in since July.. Up three lbs... They put me back on week one.....I had last 40 lbs.....Usually When I come back from the summer and go back to school I would have gained 10 or more..This summer it was only three....I tried to stay on medi as much as possible... I did howver allow indulgences..But..Ive got another 40lbs or so to go...,I cant keep fooling around here.. I really have wasted a month...But wow...its so easy to go back to eating the old way...so easy:/ so...Im back to day one...Ive got to go back on these boards..because they really do help...I need it to get through
Thanks everyone for writing what you feel.. its great.....here we go
Old 09-19-2010, 06:25 AM   #250
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sara0621
Stats: 225(highest)/188.2(start @MWL)/171.6/145
Gratitude

Thank you, everyone, for your encouragement and support! I'm already having a better outlook this week, and it's only Sunday! I've tried some new recipes-- those protein pancakes are the best thing ever! Maybe I just needed to do something different, I was really getting into a rut with the variety of foods I ate.

My daughter continues to improve. She was only 1 pound, 9 ounces at birth. Very very ill in those early days. She just never ate. She is up to 25 1/2 pounds at 2+ and is FINALLY on the growth curve. She tries so hard, but anything with texture is difficult and scary for her. She eats almost like a 9-12 month old-- all puree with very limited bits of table food.

Part of my struggle is that I think about food ALL THE TIME. How can I get MORE calories into her, and how can I get LESS (or different) into me??

I took some time to sleep this weekend, and I feel much better! Back to ZUMBA for 3 classes this week. My mom and I are taking my daughter to a local apple orchard for picking/hiking/hayrides today!

Thank you again for being so sweet to me, all of you. Especially since I barely know any of you. I can't tell you what it means to have someone in my corner!

~Sara
Old 09-19-2010, 06:57 AM   #251
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara0621 View Post
Thank you again for being so sweet to me, all of you. Especially since I barely know any of you. I can't tell you what it means to have someone in my corner!

~Sara
Sara -

That is the greatest part of this board....we truly are all in each others corner. We may not have all gone through the same things - but in the end, we are all struggling with the same "addiction" and the struggle to be the healthiest that we can be. Its like a little family we have here - wait, its better than that....we don't judge each other, just here to support each other through the good days and bad and all of those that fall somewhere in between. Glad you are having a better day today!

Went to the Red Sox last night...brought the girls for their first trip to Fenway Park. Lots of fun, I had a bite of a Fenway Frank (no bun, just hot dog) - its Fenway tradition! We walked around a lot before the game - with me carrying our 2 yr old most of the way...even had her on my shoulders for a while. My husband said on the ride home how he couldn't believe how much my endurance/stamina is different...months ago I would've complained about carrying her that much and yesterday it was no big deal. I tried to explain to him that carrying her 30 lbs is much easier than me carrying the almost 70 lbs that I used to carry on my body every day. This is the ME that I want my girls to know....and that is the thought I need to keep remembering.
Old 09-19-2010, 08:24 AM   #252
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Charlene4
Stats: 154.5/135/135
WOE: vegan/vegetarian
Start Date: June 7,2010
Despite being super duper busy lately, I squeezed in some shopping this weekend. It's funny cause I have been feeling "bigger" since starting transition and have actually gained 2 pounds according to my home scale (but lost 1 percent fat) and I was able to buy (and more importantly, comfortably fit into) a size 4 pair of jeans. I am definately still not a 4 across the board but just that one pair made me feel good. I bought three pairs of jeans at the same store. Two were 6s and the one 4. Also, I tried on some 27 (I hate that kinda sizing) and they were a bit big so I went with a 26 at another store....they were a little snug but they are the type that end up stretching out after wearing them awhile. I had to share my accomplishment....even though, I haven't really been trying that hard, since I've been in transition. I totally flaked out on my appt on friday because my head is going to explode with too many things that I have going on right now, so I need to call ASAP on Monday to re-schedule. I can't believe I just FORGOT about it until hours after my appt time! That's when you know it's time to take a mental break. I need to catch up on my reading around here!

maintenance
Old 09-19-2010, 12:13 PM   #253
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlene4 View Post
Despite being super duper busy lately, I squeezed in some shopping this weekend. It's funny cause I have been feeling "bigger" since starting transition and have actually gained 2 pounds according to my home scale (but lost 1 percent fat) and I was able to buy (and more importantly, comfortably fit into) a size 4 pair of jeans. I am definately still not a 4 across the board but just that one pair made me feel good. I bought three pairs of jeans at the same store. Two were 6s and the one 4. Also, I tried on some 27 (I hate that kinda sizing) and they were a bit big so I went with a 26 at another store....they were a little snug but they are the type that end up stretching out after wearing them awhile. I had to share my accomplishment....even though, I haven't really been trying that hard, since I've been in transition. I totally flaked out on my appt on friday because my head is going to explode with too many things that I have going on right now, so I need to call ASAP on Monday to re-schedule. I can't believe I just FORGOT about it until hours after my appt time! That's when you know it's time to take a mental break. I need to catch up on my reading around here!
You're doing SO great! Forgetting is just a POKE to tell you to take time to relax! It's amazing what our brains do to us when we need a break!
Old 09-19-2010, 12:32 PM   #254
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Thank you, everyone, for your encouragement and support! I'm already having a better outlook this week, and it's only Sunday! I've tried some new recipes-- those protein pancakes are the best thing ever! Maybe I just needed to do something different, I was really getting into a rut with the variety of foods I ate.

My daughter continues to improve. She was only 1 pound, 9 ounces at birth. Very very ill in those early days. She just never ate. She is up to 25 1/2 pounds at 2+ and is FINALLY on the growth curve. She tries so hard, but anything with texture is difficult and scary for her. She eats almost like a 9-12 month old-- all puree with very limited bits of table food.

Part of my struggle is that I think about food ALL THE TIME. How can I get MORE calories into her, and how can I get LESS (or different) into me??

I took some time to sleep this weekend, and I feel much better! Back to ZUMBA for 3 classes this week. My mom and I are taking my daughter to a local apple orchard for picking/hiking/hayrides today!

~Sara
Sara,
Keri is 100% right....we don't need to know each other to appreciate the issues we have with food. We're here to support each other! IF you need to "vent" away! Both of my kids were preemies (NO where near as small as your little one) my smallest was 6 weeks early and 3 pounds 3 ounces......He will be 33 in November! It's gone by so fast, yet it seems like yesterday! I used to cry every night when 10:00 came around because I knew I'd be up every 2.5 hours feeding this little guy. Once we were no longer gavage feeding him, it took about an hour to get 2 ounces in him, then I'd have to be up in another 1.5 hours to start again! I wasn't sure I'd ever get a whole night's sleep.
After about a month of that struggle I really started looking forward to Friday nights because my DH would take EVERY feeding all night (he didn't have to work on Saturday) and would get up with him in the morning so I could sleep as late as I wanted on Saturday. It was Heaven, and just what I needed! I'd take a hot bath and read a magazine, then sleep......aaaaaah sleep! I'd let him sleep as late as he wanted on Sunday.
That worked so well we continued doing the same thing when our second preemie came along 3 years later, and right up until the kids were old enough to be up on their own.....
Be sure to take time for yourself....rest and relax! You'll be doing your daughter a favor in the long run. Take care of YOU, so you can take better care of her!

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford

Last edited by Mary T8M; 09-19-2010 at 12:42 PM..
Old 09-19-2010, 04:04 PM   #255
Senior LCF Member

I really feel bad for not being able to respond personally to more people's post but like many of you I have been super busy.

Transistion is proving to be difficult expecially right now with my TOM here (4 days early). I am always super hungry (mostly mentally hungry, but I do think some of it is actual hunger), during TOM and it's not helping that I have more options now. What I really want to do is sit down with a spoon and a jar or peanut butter but I know that's how I gained the 45lbs in the first place.

Someone asked about shoes. I have Brooks running shoes that I ONLY where when I run. For any other activity, walking, biking, aerobics class I just wear regular "walking" tennis shoes/sneackers. They are new balance brand. But I know with cross training I use different muscles and anytime I switch to a new activity I "find" new muscles that are sore for awhile. As long as it's just sore muscles and not pain like I pulled something I just keep on doing the new activity, maybe with an extra day of rest from time to time to give my muscles a chance to recover fully.
Old 09-19-2010, 05:16 PM   #256
Junior LCF Member

Mary, thank you for sharing that. It helps that you know what I mean. AND to hear that your kiddos are grown and happy and doing well. That's all I want for my little peanut. The feeding will come. It's just 2 steps forward and 1 1/2 back most of the time.

Also, I'm not sure who asked about shoes for ZUMBA, but I wear regular sneakers. Most of the women in my class who have been doing ZUMBA for a while have these black "dance sneakers". Supposedly they are better for flexibility in the foot and ankle, and don't slip on the dance floor as much. I haven't bought any yet, but am considering it...

Charlene- a size 4 is AMAZING! That's just fantastic! You should be very proud of all your hard work!

Lins- I hear you on the PB. As part of the "healthy fat" snack a couple times a week, I have an apple with 2 tbsp of natural PB. My PA suggested that instead of the regular PB because there is less sugar and other harmful additives. I have actually grown to like the natural stuff better! (Though it is a pain to mix in the beginning!)

Have a great Monday everyone! Drink that water!
~Sara
Old 09-19-2010, 06:38 PM   #257
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: onajourney
Stats: 288.5/252/160-170?
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: 06/10/2010
Taking one day at a time, it is getting harder and harder with primarily eating protein. No Matter how I dress it up. I am eating the 2 servings of veggies a day and some days 1 fruit and 1 veggie which helps a lot.

I am getting bored with it -to the point I am losing my appetite. I have been off the appetite suppressants for weeks. I have tried all types of recipes...Many of which I have gotten of this site.

I stick to the program and make sure I get my 500 cal of protein.
I do workout approx 4-5 days a week.

Some times I feel like one more piece of meat and I am going to gag. I do the protein bars or protein shakes for bkfast. I do cottage cheese sometimes I know there are limitations on that. I also eat a lot of fish and tuna-not helping. Drinking my water.

I just had to vent....I keep taking one meal at a time and one day at time.
I have to do this...failure is not an option..I just keep striving for that quality filled life and that keeps me going.
I have such a long way to go-I try not get caught up in looking at the long haul just 1 day.

Does anyone feel this way or have felt this way at some point during the program. Any Suggestions or advice??
Old 09-19-2010, 07:41 PM   #258
Major LCF Poster!

Mary - You are such a sweetheart. I'm so glad you could relate so personally and encourage Sara! You're the best!

Lins - Thanks for the shoe info.
Old 09-20-2010, 04:59 AM   #259
Senior LCF Member

I make my own penut butter (I do it for my kids, but it works for me too). Just plain unsalted peanuts, and peanut oil, in a bleander.
Old 09-20-2010, 05:14 AM   #260
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: losing in Ftm
Stats: restart Apr 2012
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 5/5/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by onajourney View Post
Does anyone feel this way or have felt this way at some point during the program. Any Suggestions or advice??
We've all felt the same way. Go back and read from the June, July and August months and you'll see the people that are now struggling with transition work through the same problems you are having. There is great advice here and I know I used every bit of it, even more so than what my clinic told me.
Food is a addiction for most of us! And if you know anyone who has worked through a 12 step program you know the first rule is ONE DAY AT A TIME. At times even one hour or one minute at a time. I know when I hit the phase where I couldn't look at another chicken breast it helped by focusing on ONE meal at a time. I would make myself sit down and eat, even when I wasn't hungry because the weeks I didn't get all 500 protein in I didn't lose at all.
When I had lost enough that I could increase my exercising my appetite came back.
I have found I don't look at food the same though most of the time. Before Medi I always was thinking about food. Now I don't, most of the time I'm too busy. Hope this helps.
Old 09-20-2010, 06:26 AM   #261
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: EatRight
Stats: 170/150/120
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinics
Has anyone tried the new fitness system at the clinics? It's called Interactive Exercise. It has bands that can be used anywhere, DVDs, and a cool website that links with the log-in. You can make your own workouts and track success. I was thinking about buying it- but wants to know if anyone you have used it?
Old 09-20-2010, 09:58 AM   #262
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Taking one day at a time, it is getting harder and harder with primarily eating protein. No Matter how I dress it up. I am eating the 2 servings of veggies a day and some days 1 fruit and 1 veggie which helps a lot.

I am getting bored with it -to the point I am losing my appetite. I have been off the appetite suppressants for weeks. I have tried all types of recipes...Many of which I have gotten of this site.

I stick to the program and make sure I get my 500 cal of protein.
I do workout approx 4-5 days a week.

Some times I feel like one more piece of meat and I am going to gag. I do the protein bars or protein shakes for bkfast. I do cottage cheese sometimes I know there are limitations on that. I also eat a lot of fish and tuna-not helping. Drinking my water.

I just had to vent....I keep taking one meal at a time and one day at time.
I have to do this...failure is not an option..I just keep striving for that quality filled life and that keeps me going.
I have such a long way to go-I try not get caught up in looking at the long haul just 1 day.

Have you thought of trying non-meat low carb products? Veggie burgers, chicken substitutes, etc? Even eggs and things like that? I'm vegetarian and I never really got sick of eating what I was eating in acute....might help out some. Good luck!
Old 09-20-2010, 03:16 PM   #263
Senior LCF Member

Lins & Debbie - just wanted you to know that I actually was thinking of you while out walking today. I kept trying to add some jogging in and kept telling myself if Lins & Debbie started out this way and look how far they've come...keep going! So, thanks for the inspiration ladies!

Went out walking today and it was so beautiful out that we stayed out for 2 hrs (well, actually 1 hr 53 mins). I just took a ride in the car to see how far I walked, 7.5 miles (which equals out to 15 minute miles exactly...some of that was jogging and some was a slower paced "recovery" walk). It was just one of those days where I didn't have to be anywhere and felt like I could go forever. Let's hope it helps tomorrow at weigh-in! Good food day too...670 calories, all but 50 were protein calories and 16 g carbs. It amazes me how some days are so easy to be "in control" and others are so hard. This is definitely a life-long learning lesson!
Old 09-20-2010, 04:09 PM   #264
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: monica2010
Stats: 231/176/130
WOE: Medi Weight loss
Start Date: July 2010
Thank you all!

Hi everyone,
I joined Medi weight loss program on July 26,2010. I started looking for reviews on line and found this site. I would like to THANK YOU ALL. I have been a little bit of a creeper, reading your messages but I have to say that you have all been so inspiring!!! I have lost 33lbs. and feel AMAZING. I still have a long way to go till I reach my goal weight but I have to say that though at the beginning I wasn't sure if it was doable. Here I am, more certain than ever that I am ready to take my life back and enjoy this new way of life. Once again thanks to all for giving me hope, and the encouragement from someone who understands what it feels like to be overweight and try to loose those lbs.
Old 09-20-2010, 04:38 PM   #265
Senior LCF Member

My dinner tonight was not good.....well it tasted good, but it was AWFUL for me. UGH! I hate it when I do that. I just really let things get out of control. I was at the zoo all day with my girls and did so good. I had packed my lunch and I ate it, and drank lots of water. Then I wasn't hungry at dinner and was in a hurry to get my daughter to soccer practice so I just made them mac and cheese. So by the time I got home I was starving (and I know better than to let myself get that way), and end up eating way to much, both protein and "junk". I am going to get on the Gazelle after my kids are in bed and try to burn off some of that. With TOM and poor planning I just didn't use all the skills that I have learned. Good thing tomorrow is a new day. Transition is HARD
Old 09-20-2010, 04:50 PM   #266
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: onajourney
Stats: 288.5/252/160-170?
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: 06/10/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlene4 View Post
Have you thought of trying non-meat low carb products? Veggie burgers, chicken substitutes, etc? Even eggs and things like that? I'm vegetarian and I never really got sick of eating what I was eating in acute....might help out some. Good luck!
Thanks Charlene it does help,

I do eat eggs and eggbeaters. I have tried some of the meat substitutes. I do really like some of the meat substitues. Some of them are higher in carbs.
Maybe I can add it more often into my diet.

Can you suggest any good brands of the non meat low carb products?

Thanks again- every little bit helps...

Congratulations you have done so well and it is very encouraging.
Old 09-20-2010, 05:30 PM   #267
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks Charlene it does help,

I do eat eggs and eggbeaters. I have tried some of the meat substitutes. I do really like some of the meat substitues. Some of them are higher in carbs.
Maybe I can add it more often into my diet.

Can you suggest any good brands of the non meat low carb products?

Thanks again- every little bit helps...

Congratulations you have done so well and it is very encouraging.
things i really like and that are relatively low in carbs and fat are:
Morningstar brand "beef" grounds (most stores)
Quorn Naked Chikn cutlets (kroger, whole foods in the organic freezer section)
Tofurky brand "lunch meat", peppered is delicious (whole foods, sometimes tom thumb or kroger)
Yvez brand Veggie dogs (walmart, kroger, whole foods)
I'm also a sucker for Boca brand vegan original burgers.
Those are my faves.
Old 09-20-2010, 06:37 PM   #268
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: msawhitt
Stats: 220/130/145
WOE: Medi
Start Date: August 11, 2010
Quote:
Sara, I've never heard this put better : ) My daughter was born a little over 2 months premature because I had developed severe pre-eclampsia, and looking back I see that I used her need for extra attention and a high-calorie diet as an excuse to put myself on the back burner. I wish I had gotten with the program when my daughter was 2! I truly understand what you are going through (in that respect), however I was not nearly as brave as you are to take on putting myself first and getting healthy! My "baby" just turned 4, is in Pre-K, and just had a perfectly normal 4-year-old check up today. She is a "normal" kid now, and that has allowed me to focus on myself. Probably about 3 years-old was when food stopped being such a struggle, I mean there were days when she would literally eat A(as in 1) cracker and some water, and I was constantly freaking out! No trick, tip, dip, or fancy preparation made her eat...anything...ever! I remember what that stress was like.

lost 45 pounds in 3 months with MWL!

total loss of 90 pounds since May 2010

In maintenance : )
Old 09-20-2010, 07:04 PM   #269
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: YankeeMom27
Stats: 181/156.8/145
WOE: Medi WeightLoss
Start Date: restart 03/29/13
Welcome Monica2010!

I see you're from NJ! What town? I've lived in Jersey all my life (grew up in Kenilworth, then moved to Stirling- both Central NJ), but was transferred for my job down to Florida in January. Down here, I found I couldn't bury my body in all my bulky winter clothes like I did up there and where I live in FL, everyone bikes, walks or runs. Medi was a godsend for me, wish I HAD known about it when I lived in NJ!!
Old 09-20-2010, 07:58 PM   #270
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by msawhitt View Post
A(as in 1) cracker and some water, and I was constantly freaking out! No trick, tip, dip, or fancy preparation made her eat...anything...ever! I remember what that stress was like.
Stacey- Yep. That's exactly what it's like. She has so many sensory issues about food. WILL NOT TOUCH (literally) anything wet or sticky. Dry foods only. We try- God, how I try... She has had feedings where she has been so over the edge that she has pulled out fistfulls of her own hair, scratched at her tongue and mouth until it bled, and intentionally vomited. It's scary and heartbreaking. We are lucky enough to live about an hour for a world renowned feeding clinic in Hershey, PA, and they have been a God send! Baby steps. Always baby steps.

But the stress is absolutely crushing. And, I'm sorry, but Oreos really DID make me feel better for a while. Now, shopping for new clothes makes me feel better!!

I finally got to the point that I just HAD to get back to myself. I feel like I'm trapped in this bulky jiggly body that doesn't belong to me. One of my very dear friends (like a 2nd mother to me) saw a recent picture of me, and said "Now, you look more like yourself!" And not just the weight. She said my face, the light in my eyes was what she remembered from maybe 15 years ago. I am {s l o w l y} trading my self deprication for long lost self confidence. It's in there.

Baby steps...
Closed Thread