Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2010, 12:24 PM   #211
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Mary - Would your daughter be interested in checking this site for accountability? I've recommended it to others but I suspect some people might want to keep it to themselves because we're so open about our lives, depend on each other, and yet most of us will never really meet each other. I've referred my sister in law and several friends and acquaintances to this LCF site to help them and give them hope when they were unsure about the $, commitment to MWL, or didn't have a clinic near where they live. I don't know if they read this and just don't officially sign in (or let me know that they are reading), or if they just never tried to log in to begin with. This is my site, but hey, I'm a pretty open book! What I write about here I also express with those in my life in the flesh too! I'm just trying to help others, and this WOE has worked for me!!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2010, 01:45 PM   #212
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: afunfish
Stats: 225/207/165 5"8
WOE: Medi - Acute Phase
Hi everyone, Happy Thursday,

I had my first weigh in today and I lost 10.2lbs! Out of that 6lbs were fat! Now off to the second week, so happy about excerising this week and food shopping for veggies.

I have a bridal shower this weekend, does anyone have any suggestions on how to handle eating at an event. I would prefer to eat on my own at home and not eat there, however I feel awful just having a plate with all this food served to me. I am hoping it is buffet and I can use one of my salad or vegetable servings. Any input would be helpful, so glad you guys are here!
Old 09-16-2010, 03:22 PM   #213
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: suzanna1
Stats: 215/170/149 5'8" 39 years old
WOE: Medi Weightloss
afunfish ~ Congratulations on 10.2 pounds and getting into the 100s!!!

I would highly recommend keeping yourself busy during the baby shower. I was at a bridal shower recently & I kept busy refilling the ice bucket, organizing gifts and games, cleaning up in the kitchen & generally having a good time with friends. I didn't even think about eating and no one asked me why I wasn't.

I did bring a vegetable plate and a fruit and cheese plate to the shower so I knew there was food that I could eat, I just chose not to. Just make sure that you do have a snack and one of your appetite suppressants (if you are on them) before you go so the cupcakes and other treats are less tempting. Plan ahead, stick to your plan, & you will do great!
Old 09-16-2010, 03:31 PM   #214
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kelly4me
Stats: Lost 53 pounds 2010, Restart 2013
WOE: MWL in 2010, Low Carb 2013
Start Date: 8/27/2010, 10/22/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly4me View Post
Thanks, Vicki - that reminded me to check and I can use my Spark People app for tracking. They won't let me lower the calories below a thousand, but I can set the protein grams and carbs the way that I need them and just stay at the right calorie level. I can also track my water and exercise one it. Perfect! Thanks!
Yes - quoting myself... I went ahead and plugged all of my last week's worth of food into the app on my phone and it seems that I have not been eating near enough protein calories. I was counting all of the calories in the Medi Bar and Shakes as protein.

If one gram of protein is 4 calories, we should be eating 125 grams of protein each day, right?

I've been seriously hungry the past couple of days and this could be why. I've been right around 500 calories total, but I'm 25 - 50 grams of protein low each day.

Working on low carb lifestyle changes. I did Medi in 2010. Using their ideas to make permanent life changes on my own.

First goal: -20
Currently: -6.4
10/29: -2.2
11/5: -4.2
Old 09-16-2010, 03:57 PM   #215
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
Hi Lins and all,
In the past 2 months, just really feeling the success of this all happening, "this reaching goal"...I too have been mindful of those around me and how they look. I haven't been judgmental of other people....I think I'm just empathetically projecting on them that they must be feeling trapped and sad about their bodies, feeling uncomfortable LIKE I DID WHEN I TOO was big. I think I just feel SO much better that I am getting reaquainted with my former smaller body image that finally has had the layers of INSULATION melted off to reveal the me I knew still could be in there. In projecting those feelings onto others in my mind, I then notice the "insulation" they have covering their own bodies, entombing them and diseasing them without their full knowledge of it even happening. Their food choices may even be eating little in public. It's a surreal feeling noticing them now, longing for them to feel FREE. I want others to feel this peace. I thank the Lord for letting me be in Medi, having the support of all of you, and giving me my life and health new experiences like jogging, zumba, and not feeling like emotions and carbs are the masters of my happiness!
Debbie - You always have such a wonderful way with words, love reading what you write! When you mentioned food choices of eating little in public that was my classic move - I knew I was fat, and didn't want others to see what I ate or rather judge what I ate - so at gatherings I wouldn't eat at all. I was the "eat in my car on the go" type of eater (and be sure to get rid of the trash before coming home!). So sad when I think about my choices, just glad I am able to adopt such a healthier WOE now, while my girls are little so hopefully they grow up and not go through what I did.

I did laugh at the "insulation" though - my husband and I were out last weekend, and I was freezing (despite the sweater I had on) and he kept joking about my needing the insulation to stay warm.....no thanks, I'd rather wear a warm sweater!

Over 100lbs. GONE FOREVER
Thanks to MWL!
8 months to Wellness....5/11/10 - 1/11/11
Old 09-16-2010, 04:07 PM   #216
Senior LCF Member

Forgot that I had a fitness question....

I have been doing 4 mi of brisk walking for awhile now (usually takes me just under an hour when pushing my 2 yr old in the carriage). Some days when I am by myself and have the time, I will do 6 mi. Now that my older daughter is in K, and its just me and the little one, I'd like to "increase" my cardio more. But - what's better? Add distance/time or attempt jogging (which would decrease time?)....or I guess I could always add distance and throw in some jogging to keep out there for the same time (an hour?).

I just know that I have about 30-35 lbs left to lose....and those will be the hardest to lose, especially the last 15 or so....and I'm looking to get somewhat of a boost to help that along. Just wondering what worked for everyone....I know I need to add weight training in soon too, but its just not feasible right now for a gym membership.
Old 09-16-2010, 04:12 PM   #217
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ortal View Post
The boy and I are experimenting with marinades tonight, letting the meat sit untill Saturday and seeing how it turns out. Ive googled a bit, but anyone have an exceptional low-carb marinade for chicken or steak they can recommend? something that wont require me buying 45 ingredients ill only use once and have a lot left over
I love brining food! I started out brining turkey before deep frying it, also do it prior to roasting. I brine thick pork chops.
One caution don't marinade too long. Every marinade should contain an acid (lemon juice, or vinegar etc) as well as flavoring (garlic etc). I use low carb soy sauce. For protein like fish, and chicken you can actually "cook" the protein by letting it sit too long with the acid.....that's how Seviche is made. Chicken just gets tough if you marinade it too long
Old 09-16-2010, 04:15 PM   #218
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
Mary - Would your daughter be interested in checking this site for accountability? I've recommended it to others but I suspect some people might want to keep it to themselves because we're so open about our lives, depend on each other, and yet most of us will never really meet each other. I've referred my sister in law and several friends and acquaintances to this LCF site to help them and give them hope when they were unsure about the $, commitment to MWL, or didn't have a clinic near where they live. I don't know if they read this and just don't officially sign in (or let me know that they are reading), or if they just never tried to log in to begin with. This is my site, but hey, I'm a pretty open book! What I write about here I also express with those in my life in the flesh too! I'm just trying to help others, and this WOE has worked for me!!
Debbie,
I'm not sure. It seems like she is still in the stage of not wanting to do anything I suggest (and she's almost 30 yrs old) I'll give her the web address, and let her see what other people are saying, so she'll know it's not just me raving about medi!
Old 09-16-2010, 04:49 PM   #219
Senior LCF Member

Mary -

See if you can get her on this site, hearing success from strangers might work more than hearing it from her mom. I wish I had listened to my mom who always "offered" to help me lose weight, instead of agreeing to walk with her each time she asked it just made me more defensive. My mom was very overweight, then about 15 yrs ago lost 75 lbs and has kept it all off. She's 5'2'' and about 120 lbs, size 4. It just made me angry to see how she ate, exercised, etc...but now, I really wish I could've seen her true intentions were always to help me. My mom is my best friend - and probably my biggest cheer leader through all of this - her support and encouragement is unending and I know I couldn't have been this successful without her. She is very faithful to daily exericse and eating healthy. Turning 30 was a real big kick for me (granted, it took me from December to May to finally make the call to Medi). My mom never mentioned my weight, never questioned my food choices....she only tried to help me, yet it made me mad to see her success and feel as if I couldn't do it too (the fear of not being successful was enough to not try - that way I didn't have to feel as if I had disappointed my mom).

I don't know - theres something about mothers/daughters and weight loss....its a tough situation. Ok, enough of my rambling!
Old 09-16-2010, 05:13 PM   #220
Major LCF Poster!

Keri - You're so right about how other women "feel" when they see other women lose weight. Whether mothers and daughters or not. You know you're happier they are healthier, but inwardly for some reason we think we're being judged/evaluated and become defensive. I know you just have to be ready to lose it for you and not for anyone else. It's tough to give away our "fix" (fill in the blank of that high carb food you loved)....and it rewards you by hanging around....it clings to your hips, your abd, your arteries, calls to you from the ice cream store....When you keep turning your eyes the other way or no longer drive down that street then you cannot hear the enticing lies of it's screeching calls as easily. I'm in charge now...! "No temptation has taken us except what is common to man, and God will provide a way of escape..." but we can override that escape and still make bad choices. I've been there, done that, carried the extra 53 lbs of that choice in the past...no thanks!
Old 09-16-2010, 06:54 PM   #221
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Nance7
Stats: 5'3" 165/125/135 Restart 7/9/12 at 142
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 5/31/2010
Thanks to everybody for the commiseration about the fear of losing control while in transition. Today, I took the plunge and bought some Flat-Out 90-calorie, 6 carb, 100% stone ground whole wheat wraps. I fixed one for lunch, with low-fat cheese, deli turkey and a little bit of low-fat dressing. I actually ate it for lunch and felt SO guilty afterwards (it didn't even taste that good... ). Drinking a protein shake for dinner. This is just so weird.
Old 09-16-2010, 07:09 PM   #222
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nsjx
Stats: 203.5/159/159 - maintenance
WOE: medi
Start Date: April 17, 2010
Does anyone else get this from people? "Don't loose anymore or you are going to look sick", "You are so skinny now". I get that alot and even tonight a girlfriend said that to me. She was a bit concern. She is 118 lbs and said I look skinny as her. huh?! I am a size 6 and no one I know has ever seen me as a size 6, not even myself.

Nance I feel you. I have no clue how to leave the acute phase. Kinda hooked and have the fear of carbs...lol. I think with the wraps or bread it will be on occasion and not daily like before. I am just having bigger salads and more meat and a taste here and there of bread.
Old 09-16-2010, 08:04 PM   #223
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
Keri you and I are very much alike, it's a kind of freaky....LOL My mom was always "worried" about my weight, and my dad's weight. She was never REALLY overweight, just 10-20lbs overweight, but she was ALWAYS on a diet. Her way of dieting was just to eat salads and fruit all the time, which I never liked to do, so I just never felt like I could get results because I didn't eat like she did. Then I gained all my weight during pregnancies and nursing... and joined Medi. She has been my biggest supporter through everything. I know give her my clothes that our to big for me, and she is changing how she is eatting it feels GREAT!

I too have been getting the "your too thin, you don't need to lose anymore weight" from people. Both people who are skinny and people who have their own weight to loose. But at 5'1 130lbs really isn't "too" skinny. My BMI is currenlty at 24.9 barely in "healthy" range. So I just ignore them.

Keri here is my question to the exersize question. If I were you I think I would start jogging. One of the reasons that I like jogging/running is that I can burn more calories in a shorter amount of time. Yes you will decrease your time spent moving, but you will still be burning the same if not more calories. Plus I just got to the point that I didn't think walking was as effective as I needed. I needed more intense traning, and I just didn't have the time to go for longer. As a mom it's hard to fit in a hour let alone 90 minutes or more.....kwim? So I started the C25K program, which got me running, and then if I felt like going further I would just keep walking. Even if at a slower pace because I was tired. So you can always jog at first and then walk the remainder of the time. But running really gets your heart working, which burns more calories.
Old 09-16-2010, 08:45 PM   #224
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Keri, Lins and Debbie
Yeah I remember MY Mom trying to get me to walk with her, and eat what she ate.....lots of veggies, very little meat. She would try to be supportive of my weight loss effort, but I never saw it that way, and my daughter and I are very much alike (according to my husband......but neither of us see it!) so we really butt heads once in a while. I will never say anything negative about her weight to her. I will however give her this web site. Since there isn't a Medi in Jacksonville maybe she'll at least look at South Beach or something.

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford
Old 09-17-2010, 06:50 AM   #225
Senior LCF Member

I've learned that you can't "make" or even "encourage" people to lose weight if they aren't ready. Something has to happen in their lives to say to themselves "I don't want to live this way anymore", and even though it's hard to watch I'm sure there really isn't anything you can do about it. And not every diet is for every person, or even every period in their lives. Yes Medi works, but if someone can't commit to it 100% it won't work, so if they can't commit then it's not the right program for them....does that make since? I have lots of friends who have found success with weight watchers, but I never could, that doesn't make the program "wrong" it just wasn't for me. This one has been great for me, and something I can do for my lifetime, but maybe that's just because I was ready at this point in my life. Who knows.

I am headed to my weigh-in this morning. I am a bit nervous. I know I have lost weight this week, but I don't think I made it to 129...... We'll see. Either way I have some questions for them for the transition phase. Oh and I went to the regular doctor yesterday (I have a sinus infection), and he was SOOOOO happy about my weight loss. And he measured me and I am 5'2, not 5'1 which makes a difference in my BMI. So I am definetly at a healthy BMI now. I didn't see what the doctor's weight was for me yesterday. I explained that I weight in at the clinic and I didn't want to go off the doctor scale, so they let me turn around while I weighed. So I am curious what it says this morning. Wish me luck!
Old 09-17-2010, 07:35 AM   #226
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: neneRN
Stats: 5'1", 149/125.4/115-120
WOE: lMedi Weight Loss
Start Date: Restart 12/03/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2princesses View Post
Forgot that I had a fitness question....

I have been doing 4 mi of brisk walking for awhile now (usually takes me just under an hour when pushing my 2 yr old in the carriage). Some days when I am by myself and have the time, I will do 6 mi. Now that my older daughter is in K, and its just me and the little one, I'd like to "increase" my cardio more. But - what's better? Add distance/time or attempt jogging (which would decrease time?)....or I guess I could always add distance and throw in some jogging to keep out there for the same time (an hour?).

I just know that I have about 30-35 lbs left to lose....and those will be the hardest to lose, especially the last 15 or so....and I'm looking to get somewhat of a boost to help that along. Just wondering what worked for everyone....I know I need to add weight training in soon too, but its just not feasible right now for a gym membership.

I think that intervals are a great way to change it up and make your body do something its not used to. I do a brisk walk, but break it up with jogging and short sprints as well...the sprints really get your HR up and keep it up even while you're walking. I focus on a point ahead, like a telephone pole, garbage can, stoplight, whatever, and make myself jog or sprint to that point, then walk until I feel able to run again.
Old 09-17-2010, 08:00 AM   #227
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
I reached my original weight loss goal!

I am happy to report to all my friends on this board that I hit 145 lb mark (my original weight loss goal) yesterday. Who-hoo! It is 108 lb loss! Granted I made it happened by "brute force" so to speak. let me explain what I mean by that. During the month of August I fell out of ketosis (glass of vine, too much fruit/veggies, here and there) but continued to exercise hard. My losses were so-so, especially in "losing fat" category, I would lose some, some water, some muscles. So I put myself on week 1 last Sunday, kept really strict, exercised and got back to ketosis on the 4th day and lost 6 lb since last weign-in. I could not believe it when I saw in on the scale. That made my BMI 24.9 and that WAS my goal. Then I decided to check my height because the clinic did not on the 1st visit. And as it turned out I was 5'2" and not 5'4". So I did not get the healthy BMI after all. Since I am in ketosis I decided to give it another 2-3 weeks on acute (really strict, like I was in my first months) and reach at least 140 or better and then start transition which I fear (Was I subconsciously trying to put it off by remeasuring my height to see if I can prolong acute?). Anyway, changing my goal to 140 and give it my best shot!

"Nothing tastes better than thin feels"
-------------------
Was in wellness!
Restart on 04/05/11 to lose 15 gained lb
253/148/140
Old 09-17-2010, 08:31 AM   #228
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ortal
Stats: 184/138/120 5'5"
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 4/26/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by irabeslim View Post
I am happy to report to all my friends on this board that I hit 145 lb mark (my original weight loss goal) yesterday. Who-hoo! It is 108 lb loss! Granted I made it happened by "brute force" so to speak. let me explain what I mean by that. During the month of August I fell out of ketosis (glass of vine, too much fruit/veggies, here and there) but continued to exercise hard. My losses were so-so, especially in "losing fat" category, I would lose some, some water, some muscles. So I put myself on week 1 last Sunday, kept really strict, exercised and got back to ketosis on the 4th day and lost 6 lb since last weign-in. I could not believe it when I saw in on the scale. That made my BMI 24.9 and that WAS my goal. Then I decided to check my height because the clinic did not on the 1st visit. And as it turned out I was 5'2" and not 5'4". So I did not get the healthy BMI after all. Since I am in ketosis I decided to give it another 2-3 weeks on acute (really strict, like I was in my first months) and reach at least 140 or better and then start transition which I fear (Was I subconsciously trying to put it off by remeasuring my height to see if I can prolong acute?). Anyway, changing my goal to 140 and give it my best shot!

Congrats! Youre an inspiration I also lowered my goal weight once I got there. we can do this!

Im fasting tonight/tomorrow for the jewish holiday... should be fun. Im very crabby when Im hungry. WHERE ARE YOU PHENTERMINE
Old 09-17-2010, 08:46 AM   #229
Senior LCF Member

Irina - Woo hoo!!!! 108 lb loss - absolutely amazing! Ortal's right, you're an inspiration!

And I agree with Lins too...there has to be that "moment" for everyone where we just know that we don't want to be the size/weight that we are. Its a personal wake-up call for each of us. And every program works for some people - I've tried them all, none worked for me like Medi does. I also don't know if any of those other attempts did I give 100% commitment like I was ready to do now. I feel like on all the other programs I tried to find the loopholes, how I could cheat without getting caught. And with Medi it was just time to do this, and its something I know I can do for the rest of my life.

The rain just stopped...tying my sneakers and out we go!

Last edited by mommy2princesses; 09-17-2010 at 08:50 AM..
Old 09-17-2010, 09:01 AM   #230
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: loyemarie
Stats: 5'7"~258/226.2/170
Start Date: September 8, 2010
Irina - all I can say is....WOW. I am so inspired by your dedication. I said in an earlier post that as I think of things that will be better as time goes on and the pounds come off I write them in a journal. Could you give us some of the best changes that have come about because of your weight loss? Better yet ALL of you who have been on this journey, could you all share some thoughts??

lins - I hope all goes well at your clinic visit today. Happy thoughts coming your way!

Another sweltering, nasty day in Florida. I am soooo ready for November! All the fall decorations are in the stores right now, which always reminds me that the heat/humidity are on the way out!

loyemarie
Old 09-17-2010, 09:28 AM   #231
Senior LCF Member

LOL Loyemarie, I live in Central Florida and I just thought to myself, wow it's really beautiful out today, I am loving the weather."

Sooooo frustrating I was 130.0 this morning. Seriously .2lbs and I would have hit the 120's. Oh well I am at a BMI of 23.8, wearing a size 6 running 4 miles 3 times a week and I NEVER thought I would reach this point, so I am thrilled.

I am going to go for one more week of 800 calories, but I am in transition so I do get to incooperate healthy carbs into that as long as I get at least 500 calories of protein. Next week I go up to 1000 calories, and increases by 200 calories every week until I get to 1400 calories which is where I will stay from now on. I still hope I can see the 120's but it's not longer my focus. It feels amazing.
Old 09-17-2010, 10:06 AM   #232
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lins View Post
LOL Loyemarie, I live in Central Florida and I just thought to myself, wow it's really beautiful out today, I am loving the weather."

Sooooo frustrating I was 130.0 this morning. Seriously .2lbs and I would have hit the 120's. Oh well I am at a BMI of 23.8, wearing a size 6 running 4 miles 3 times a week and I NEVER thought I would reach this point, so I am thrilled.

I am going to go for one more week of 800 calories, but I am in transition so I do get to incooperate healthy carbs into that as long as I get at least 500 calories of protein. Next week I go up to 1000 calories, and increases by 200 calories every week until I get to 1400 calories which is where I will stay from now on. I still hope I can see the 120's but it's not longer my focus. It feels amazing.

Great job, lins! It is really a "technicality" that you are 130 and not 129.9 . A trip to the bathroom could make that difference LOL. With that BMI, size 6 and most important your physical state (ability to run 4 mikes) you are perfect! As long as you are successful in transition and not gain anything. Keep up the good job!

Would you still take AS in these 3-4 weeks of transition?
Old 09-17-2010, 10:42 AM   #233
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loyemarie View Post
Irina - all I can say is....WOW. I am so inspired by your dedication. I said in an earlier post that as I think of things that will be better as time goes on and the pounds come off I write them in a journal. Could you give us some of the best changes that have come about because of your weight loss? Better yet ALL of you who have been on this journey, could you all share some thoughts??

lins - I hope all goes well at your clinic visit today. Happy thoughts coming your way!

Another sweltering, nasty day in Florida. I am soooo ready for November! All the fall decorations are in the stores right now, which always reminds me that the heat/humidity are on the way out!

loyemarie
Thank you, loyemarie! I did not make a list of best changes but here are a few that came to mind when you asked:

- I used to become so stiff from seating down than it would take me a couple minutes to be able to walk after standing up. I have no knee pain/stiffness anymore.

- My house has 3 levels and washer/dryer on the 1st and bedrooms on the 3rs. I would dread doing laundry because it was such a chore to go up and down doing it. Now I am flying from floor to floor, not even noticing it.

- I could not squat at all. I would bend instead if need to pick up something. I have 13 months old adorable twin granchildren and I could not really play with them (sitting down, standing up, etc). No problem now. They will soon start running and I will be able to run after them. Actually, this was the main incentive - I wanted to fully participate in their lifes as they grow. Also I did not want them to know me as "fat" grandmother, especially because the other grandmother is thin (at least, what I thought, then) I am actually thinner than her now.

- I used to take water pills to help with blood pressure and edema. Don't need them now - no edema, I have normal blood pressure.

- I never really took vitamins, calcium supplements. Medi prompted me to check all that and it turned out I was very low on them. Too many empty calories. So this way of eating helped me. I rechecked it after 6 months and everything improved.

- My husband and I always wanted to go to Peru and see Macchu Picchu, but I knew it would involve climing,hiking, etc. Of course, at 253lb it would be impossible. We did it this summer. And climed all the montains and I was feeling great. Actually, did much better than my DH who is in good shape.

- I started jogging - I acn now do 25 min with no stopping (never ever could do it before). I go to spin class with my daughter-in-law when we are in Boston visitng and easilly keeping up with her - she is 27

- I love to exercise. It is part of my life now, if I don't, I feel like something is missing.

- I know I look good, my confidence level is very high.

- I can fit into airline seat comfortably, it used to be such a worry to think if another overweight person will happen to sit next to me. Also having my ancles swell terribly after long flights.

- I am looking forward to shop for clothes when I need to. In regular sizes! And having everything fit! Choosing different styles, not those cover-ups in black that I used to buy.

- I used to be a hostage of "sweets". I needed them after each meal. I still like my sweets (medi compliant) but I only have them at night as a reward for a good day on a diet.

- Now there is one downside: my face lost so much fat and the skin sagged around my mouth, jowls. I am really self-concious about that because I feel very young inside but my face shows a much older person. The other body parts also sag but you can cover them up. Face is a problem. I am too chicken to fo go plastic surgery, hoping there will be a breakthrough one-day for non-invasive compete facelift. Dream on...

There are many more benefits. This is just a tip of the iceberg
Old 09-17-2010, 11:08 AM   #234
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: malloryann11
Stats: 185/179.6/160
Start Date: November 3, 2009, Restart Aug. 24 2010
Hey all today was my weigh in day! 177.6
14.4 pounds lost!!!
Old 09-17-2010, 11:36 AM   #235
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ortal
Stats: 184/138/120 5'5"
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 4/26/2010
congrats mallory! I bet you feel fabulous
Old 09-17-2010, 02:48 PM   #236
Senior LCF Member

I tooke myself off the AS about 6 weeks ago. But I think you wean yourself off of them during transition if you haven't already.
Old 09-17-2010, 03:26 PM   #237
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sara0621
Stats: 225(highest)/188.2(start @MWL)/171.6/145
Hi all,
It's been a few days since I've checked in here. Things are slow going for me. Only down .4 this week. I admittedly had a CRUMMY week, and wasn't great about water and had SEVERAL days when I didn't eat enough calories.

My daughter, who was born prematurely, has a feeding tube and I am struggling with her to get her to eat! She lost a few ounces this month, after a big decrease in her overnight pumpfeeding, and I feel discouraged. She is taking 2 steps forward and 1.5 steps back. She's almost 2 1/2, and I am just so TIRED of all the stress and worry. I adore her, and just want her to be healthy and ok.

I'm also going through a divorce, yet my soon-to-be-ex-husband live in the same house (I can't afford rent and my portion of the mortgage at the same time). It's amicable but increasingly difficult and sad. Not to mention the fact that he's ridiculously passive aggressive and leaves pints of my favorite ice cream flavors in the freezer. I have since relocated them to the freezer in the basement, and I told him that he can't keep them upstairs anymore. It's just not fair.

Work has been stressful on top of it all, and I don't get to bed much earlier than midnight every night this week. (Then get back up at 2am to turn off my daughter's feeding pump). So sleep is disjointed and interrupted.

I have been exercising. I joined a ZUMBA class that I really enjoy. And, while I like having a whole hour to sweat and have time to myself, it makes for a very long day.

Through it all, I stuck to plan and was only rewarded with a .4 loss! I was so frustrated I just bawled like a baby at the clinic today. The PA was very understanding and encouraging. I was so close to quitting this week. I'm going to give it one week at a time. I know I would feel crummy if I started eating the "old" way. I'm going to try hard to drink more water and eat a minimum of 500-600 calories of protein each day (one day I was as low as 300 without any veg or fruit-- it was bad).

Someone please tell me not to give up! I've come so far-- 54 pounds lost from my highest, and now almost 17 on MWL (in 9 weeks). I have about 30 pounds to go, and it feels completely overwhelming right now.

~Sara
Old 09-17-2010, 03:53 PM   #238
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nsjx
Stats: 203.5/159/159 - maintenance
WOE: medi
Start Date: April 17, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara0621 View Post
Hi all,
It's been a few days since I've checked in here. Things are slow going for me. Only down .4 this week. I admittedly had a CRUMMY week, and wasn't great about water and had SEVERAL days when I didn't eat enough calories.

My daughter, who was born prematurely, has a feeding tube and I am struggling with her to get her to eat! She lost a few ounces this month, after a big decrease in her overnight pumpfeeding, and I feel discouraged. She is taking 2 steps forward and 1.5 steps back. She's almost 2 1/2, and I am just so TIRED of all the stress and worry. I adore her, and just want her to be healthy and ok.

I'm also going through a divorce, yet my soon-to-be-ex-husband live in the same house (I can't afford rent and my portion of the mortgage at the same time). It's amicable but increasingly difficult and sad. Not to mention the fact that he's ridiculously passive aggressive and leaves pints of my favorite ice cream flavors in the freezer. I have since relocated them to the freezer in the basement, and I told him that he can't keep them upstairs anymore. It's just not fair.

Work has been stressful on top of it all, and I don't get to bed much earlier than midnight every night this week. (Then get back up at 2am to turn off my daughter's feeding pump). So sleep is disjointed and interrupted.

I have been exercising. I joined a ZUMBA class that I really enjoy. And, while I like having a whole hour to sweat and have time to myself, it makes for a very long day.

Through it all, I stuck to plan and was only rewarded with a .4 loss! I was so frustrated I just bawled like a baby at the clinic today. The PA was very understanding and encouraging. I was so close to quitting this week. I'm going to give it one week at a time. I know I would feel crummy if I started eating the "old" way. I'm going to try hard to drink more water and eat a minimum of 500-600 calories of protein each day (one day I was as low as 300 without any veg or fruit-- it was bad).

Someone please tell me not to give up! I've come so far-- 54 pounds lost from my highest, and now almost 17 on MWL (in 9 weeks). I have about 30 pounds to go, and it feels completely overwhelming right now.

~Sara
{{HUGS}} Don't give up.......one day at a time.......keep your eyes on the prize. Better days are ahead so hold on and be ready for your harvest.
Old 09-17-2010, 06:31 PM   #239
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: afunfish
Stats: 225/207/165 5"8
WOE: Medi - Acute Phase
Thanks Suzanna for the tips! hope everyone has a great weekend,

I also wanted to vent that: Why does everyone think that they know better about what I am eating, my friends and room mates are aware that I am doing Medi, however some always have to comment that I am eating to little or its being unhealthy, I'm going to make myself sick, I am wasting my money. Tonight they are going to a bar and I said I rather not I am watching my diet and that wouldn't be helpful, I am going to stay in and relax, than it got into how I am being unhealthy and am going to make myself sick, I explained, I go every week to the clinic and I am supervised, and then it went into get a new doctor etc. It was very frustrating, I stated I always support everyone and I do not tell anyone how to live there life and this is what I am doing. I am sure most of you can understand why this got me somewhat upset. I have felt great on Medi, I finally realized how much I was eating and now I have control over it. I am having no problems following the diet and food is no longer my hobby when I am bored. Just had to get that all out! lol

Last edited by afunfish; 09-17-2010 at 07:08 PM..
Old 09-17-2010, 06:42 PM   #240
Major LCF Poster!

Sara - Are you taking Zumba every day? Or just one day a week? I love ZUMBA! I took a class last week and one this week, and plan to start going twice a week. It's so fun! BUT, all the more reason for you to be eating better. Let your clinic know how much you are exercising, if it's 1 hour daily then they will up your protein intake to even more. Go to the Energy In/Energy Out thread and read what some of us have eaten to stay on track....admittedly several of us are now in transition, so the past few weeks may not be as helpful to you. Perhaps look at posts that were posted in March,June, July and get ideas of others ways to eat your protein. If you don't get the basic of what your muscles need then your body will think you are intending to starve or that you cannot get food and it will hold on to your weight/fat and not let it go! If you get the 500-600 (plus whatever they say to replace your exercise), then your body says "ok, I'm getting what I need, let's party on this fat for energy because we're not getting carbs like she used to eat!" Emotionally, wow...stress also increases your cortisol level, which increases abd fat, and lack of sleep is also really, really bad for not allowing your body to release fat. Your baby may be sensing your stress too. I'm so sorry for all this. You know it's all tied together. Pray, pray, pray. You cannot do this in your own strength. God is faithful and will be found when we diligently seek Him! Blessings to you and your daughter.
Closed Thread