Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2010, 07:08 AM   #181
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
I went to Cracker Barrel on vacation and I ate 2 scrambled eggs, and 1 slice of turkey bacon (on request). I just drank water. They will pretty much make whatever you ask them.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2010, 10:55 AM   #182
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2princesses View Post
Ugh, had my weigh-in this morning....I only lost 1/2 lb!!! I have never lost this small of an amount in the 18 weeks that I've been doing Medi, so disappointed. My water weight was up 2 lbs too (which I'm guessing is because I've had very little to drink the past few days, swallowing even water seems to hurt). But what really bothers me is that I completely fell into an old habit today of seeking food when upset, and I am so mad at myself for doing it.

After weigh-in I had to go to Target and our closest Target has a Starbucks inside of it. I had told my 2 yr old that she could get a snack there as a bribe to keep her well behaved during my weigh-in. And she was SO good at Medi, received several compliments from people in the waiting room about how patient she was being as we had a long wait today. Anyways - she picked a piece of coffee cake at Starbucks (that they even warmed up for her!). She ate about 1/2 of it...and I then ate the other half! It started as just a small taste, then another small taste...until I looked in the bag and there was only a small taste left - so of course I finished it. I can't believe I did it - and its not even like that was a food I was craving, or ever really craved in the past! I know I need to just chalk today up to being a bad day and really get back on the path tomorrow, I'm talking one more day off from walking too.

Between not feeling good lately, being disappointed at Medi (which the Dr. basically told me I had no right to be disappointed/upset when I talked with her about it - yeah, easy for her to say!), then mad/guilty about eating that coffee cake....just a bad day overall! Ugh!
Keri, I know firsthand how disappointing it is to see such a small loss - but you need to think that it was NOT A GAIN. Our brains play jokes with us and make us do things we did not plan to do. I am sure, every successful Medi patient has done it because "life happens". You have done amazingly so far and I have no doubt in your determination and ability to succeed. You will see a great loss at the next weigh-in.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:36 AM   #183
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: barrister7
Stats: 5'7" -175/148/140
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: August 18, 2010
Been gone for a while

Hey everyone,

I got busy with work and then spent all last week at the beach on a wonderful, amazing vacation (no worries from Earl either). I did pretty well most of the week, but fell off a bit at the end. The daily drinks and dominos on the deck got to be too much for me to resist! In any case, I got back over the weekend and jumped back into the program. I gained 2 pounds on vacation - not bad considering. But have lost it over the past 3 days. I'm out of ketosis, but I was out before I went to the beach - I had just begun my first week of adding fruits and veggies in. Just wondering if anyone else has had that problem. I'm going to test tomorrow to see if I'm back in ketosis - hopefully so. Hope you all are well!
Old 09-15-2010, 12:39 PM   #184
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnK
Stats: 5'2" 133/133/115
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 7/22/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrister7 View Post
Hey everyone,

I got busy with work and then spent all last week at the beach on a wonderful, amazing vacation (no worries from Earl either). I did pretty well most of the week, but fell off a bit at the end. The daily drinks and dominos on the deck got to be too much for me to resist! In any case, I got back over the weekend and jumped back into the program. I gained 2 pounds on vacation - not bad considering. But have lost it over the past 3 days. I'm out of ketosis, but I was out before I went to the beach - I had just begun my first week of adding fruits and veggies in. Just wondering if anyone else has had that problem. I'm going to test tomorrow to see if I'm back in ketosis - hopefully so. Hope you all are well!
Barrister ~ check your ketostix! If they're gray, they're no good. Don't know if you read through some previous posts, but I went through several days thinking I was out of ketosis... the clinic gave me the above info, I bought new sticks and voila! Ketosis was back. Most people stay in ketosis with veggies & fruits added, as long as you stick to the recommended amounts. All that said, glad to hear you had a lovely vacation... and how great that you lost your gained weight so quickly!
Old 09-15-2010, 02:15 PM   #185
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Had our weigh-in today, and Bill lost ANOTHER 6 pounds (he lost 5 pounds the week before) So that's 11 pounds lost in two weeks to my measly 4 pounds! I know men lose much faster than women, but I'm Jealous (very proud of him, but JEALOUS) So he's down 72 pounds and I'm STILL not down 60 pounds! Oh well, at least I lost, so I am grateful for that!
We shopped for clothes after the weigh-in. I bought some tops in Medium and Large, and he bought shirts in XL
Old 09-15-2010, 03:23 PM   #186
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Thanks all for the encouragement...it really is great to have a place to go where we can be honest about our good days and our not so good days. Today was a good day - all protein, 615 calories. And I went shopping with my mom - bought 2 new shirts at Ann Taylor Loft one in L and one in XL. (I'm taking my husband away next weekend for a night to celebrate his 30th bday, and I wanted something nice to wear!). I also got a pair of boyfriend jeans at the Gap, in a size 12. Still a tad bit snug (they'll be great after I wear them for a few hours!) but the 14's were way too baggy. So, after being upset yesterday - today was good, really good. It amazes me that in 4 months I went from a size 22 bottom/2x tops to a 12/14 L/XL. Plus, this morning I had my 2 yr old in her stroller to do our 4 mi walk - added in some jogging - we did the 4 miles in 53 minutes (which I then walked up and down the street a few times to walk for a full hour!).

And Lins - I have definitely noticed how heavier vs. skinnier people eat completely differently (gee, guess I should've noticed that before and maybe I wouldn't have had to lose 100 lbs!). Ice coffee is REALLY popular around here - and something I used to get at Dunkin Donuts probably 2x/day - and I've noticed that heavier people tend to always drink it REALLY light (as in extra sugar, extra cream) and the skinner people always order it skim milk or black. All those extra calories add up! Strange things we notice!

Over 100lbs. GONE FOREVER
Thanks to MWL!
8 months to Wellness....5/11/10 - 1/11/11
Old 09-15-2010, 03:47 PM   #187
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: loyemarie
Stats: 5'7"~258/226.2/170
Start Date: September 8, 2010
I went to the clinic today for my first weigh-in.... down 13.5 lbs!

I have begun reading the material for 2nd week and beyond, but it seems a bit confusing to me, like, they list snack choices - is that in addition to the 500 cal. protein and 2 veggies? I'll study the sample menus, then I think I'll better understand.
Thanks for letting me brag!

loyemarie
Old 09-15-2010, 04:20 PM   #188
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: suzanna1
Stats: 215/171/149 5'8" 38 years old
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Congrats, loyemarie!!! You are doing great!
Old 09-15-2010, 04:54 PM   #189
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loyemarie View Post

I have begun reading the material for 2nd week and beyond, but it seems a bit confusing to me, like, they list snack choices - is that in addition to the 500 cal. protein and 2 veggies? I'll study the sample menus, then I think I'll better understand.

loyemarie
WOWEE!! 13.5 is terrific, loyemarie... Congratulations! You have every right to brag, and this is the place for it.
Yes, I was taught that the snacks are in addition to the protein & veggies. Read carefully, though... the snacks are 3 times a week.
Keep up the great work!
Old 09-15-2010, 05:11 PM   #190
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kelly4me
Stats: Lost 53 pounds 2010, Restart 2013
WOE: MWL in 2010, Low Carb 2013
Start Date: 8/27/2010, 10/22/2013
Quote:

loyemarie
Congratulations!! What a fabulous first week!!
Old 09-15-2010, 05:53 PM   #191
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: YankeeMom27
Stats: 181/156.8/145
WOE: Medi WeightLoss
Start Date: restart 03/29/13
today's the first time since joining Medi 7 weeks ago that I just want to EAT!!! I have my weigh-in tomorrow so I'm not going to and I'm not even hungry, but I just have that feeling that I need to eat (doesn't help that I'm watching Masterchef where they're making apple pie and cheesecake either!) My plan is just to stay out of the kitchen for the rest of the night and go to bed ASAP!!
Old 09-15-2010, 05:58 PM   #192
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeMom27 View Post
today's the first time since joining Medi 7 weeks ago that I just want to EAT!!! I have my weigh-in tomorrow so I'm not going to and I'm not even hungry, but I just have that feeling that I need to eat (doesn't help that I'm watching Masterchef where they're making apple pie and cheesecake either!) My plan is just to stay out of the kitchen for the rest of the night and go to bed ASAP!!
I'm on day 20 and tonight I was STARVING. I hadn't been hungry at all up until now. I'm not sure if it was because I worked out yesterday or what.

I wish there were more lines in the journal book. I like to eat a bunch of small meals throughout the day and there aren't enough lines. Even better, I wish there was a tracking app. for my Droid phone. I always have it with me throughout the day.
Old 09-15-2010, 06:55 PM   #193
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Nance7
Stats: 5'3" 165/125/135 Restart 7/9/12 at 142
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 5/31/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnK View Post
YAY Nancy!!! Wonderful news... yes, you're proof that this program works... but, you did the hard work & it's paying off. So proud of you, and happy to see that you had a great time on vacation, and still lost!
Thanks, AnnK! I can't believe how far you've come, too. I remember your first post. Isn't this a great journey to be on? Thanks for all your support.
Old 09-15-2010, 06:59 PM   #194
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lins View Post
YAY Nancy that is wonderful! And WTG on staying on plan while on vacation.

Isn't funny to watch other people eat now. I am not at all being judgmental because I use to eat that way, but I just noticed at the gas station the other day that the heavy people in line her getting regular soda's and donuts or other unhealthy items, and that skinny people were drinking water or sports drinks, and no snacks. I don't want to be the person getting "junk" anymore. Not only because I realize how much money was wasted on that kind of stuff, but also because I know how I was treating my body and I just don't want to do that anymore.
You are so right, Lins. We have learned what we have to do to be one of those skinny people and to keep our bodies healthy. Also, I've read so many posts on here about how sick people feel when they eat the junk again. That kinda keeps me going.
Old 09-15-2010, 07:03 PM   #195
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

loyemarie
Wow! What a fantastic first week!! You have every right to brag. Keep up the good work, Loyemarie!
Old 09-15-2010, 07:12 PM   #196
Senior LCF Member

Scared, scared, scared

Sorry for all the posts in a row. With work, then meetings for my upcoming (this weekend) h.s. reunion, it's hard for me to get on here consistently.

So, yesterday I was told to go into transition: to have 800 cals/day, at least 500 of protein, 2 vegs, 1 starch, 1 healthy fat (I'm still hitting the peanut butter hard...). I am paralyzed. I don't want to do it. I haven't even been to the store to buy any of the new things that I can have. I don't want to move out of my comfort zone, and I am terrified of gaining an ounce and having this all go away. I looked at a piece of bread (my husband's, for sandwiches), and I put it right back. I can buy low-carb wraps, brown rice, a sweet potato, bread, oatmeal, etc., but I can't bear the thought of it. Has anybody had this experience? Do you have any advice? This feels really weird. I understand a little how anorexics feel now. I still have the body image of a much heavier person in my mind, and I have to keep looking in the mirror to believe that I am now small. HELP!!
Old 09-15-2010, 07:13 PM   #197
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Quote:
Originally Posted by lins View Post
YAY Nancy that is wonderful! And WTG on staying on plan while on vacation.

Isn't funny to watch other people eat now. I am not at all being judgmental because I use to eat that way, but I just noticed at the gas station the other day that the heavy people in line her getting regular soda's and donuts or other unhealthy items, and that skinny people were drinking water or sports drinks, and no snacks. I don't want to be the person getting "junk" anymore. Not only because I realize how much money was wasted on that kind of stuff, but also because I know how I was treating my body and I just don't want to do that anymore.
Hi Lins and all,
In the past 2 months, just really feeling the success of this all happening, "this reaching goal"...I too have been mindful of those around me and how they look. I haven't been judgmental of other people....I think I'm just empathetically projecting on them that they must be feeling trapped and sad about their bodies, feeling uncomfortable LIKE I DID WHEN I TOO was big. I think I just feel SO much better that I am getting reaquainted with my former smaller body image that finally has had the layers of INSULATION melted off to reveal the me I knew still could be in there. In projecting those feelings onto others in my mind, I then notice the "insulation" they have covering their own bodies, entombing them and diseasing them without their full knowledge of it even happening. Their food choices may even be eating little in public. It's a surreal feeling noticing them now, longing for them to feel FREE. I want others to feel this peace. I thank the Lord for letting me be in Medi, having the support of all of you, and giving me my life and health new experiences like jogging, zumba, and not feeling like emotions and carbs are the masters of my happiness!
Old 09-15-2010, 07:14 PM   #198
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: think-skinny
Stats: 201.4/129/125/5'1.5"
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 08-13-10
Quote:

loyemarie
That's awesome. Great job! you can have snacks but the only calories you count are from the stuff with protein. Carbs on the other hand count no mater what you eat so watch those. HTH
Old 09-15-2010, 07:34 PM   #199
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: loyemarie
Stats: 5'7"~258/226.2/170
Start Date: September 8, 2010
Thanks sooooo much for the atta-girls, everyone!

Tonight, I ate a small apple and some green beans. Heaven!

So, I should only list the protein in the book, because I need to be sure to get in the 500 cals. of protein, then have the 2 veggies or 1 veg/1 fruit per day as described in the paperwork? Still confused about the snack - my paperwork doesn't really say how much, when, and the healthy fat they mentioned (like 18 almonds, 1/4 avacado) also no mention as to when....daily?weekly?

I guess a call to the clinic is in order.

loyemarie
Old 09-15-2010, 07:45 PM   #200
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nsjx
Stats: 203.5/159/159 - maintenance
WOE: medi
Start Date: April 17, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nance7 View Post
Sorry for all the posts in a row. With work, then meetings for my upcoming (this weekend) h.s. reunion, it's hard for me to get on here consistently.

So, yesterday I was told to go into transition: to have 800 cals/day, at least 500 of protein, 2 vegs, 1 starch, 1 healthy fat (I'm still hitting the peanut butter hard...). I am paralyzed. I don't want to do it. I haven't even been to the store to buy any of the new things that I can have. I don't want to move out of my comfort zone, and I am terrified of gaining an ounce and having this all go away. I looked at a piece of bread (my husband's, for sandwiches), and I put it right back. I can buy low-carb wraps, brown rice, a sweet potato, bread, oatmeal, etc., but I can't bear the thought of it. Has anybody had this experience? Do you have any advice? This feels really weird. I understand a little how anorexics feel now. I still have the body image of a much heavier person in my mind, and I have to keep looking in the mirror to believe that I am now small. HELP!!
I know exactly how you feel. Same here.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:24 PM   #201
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Charlene4
Stats: 154.5/135/135
WOE: vegan/vegetarian
Start Date: June 7,2010
Quote:

Having had said eating disorder in the past and having been very heavy prior to that.....and having gotten "a little thick" and then starting this plan...and having been in transition for almost three weeks...I know EXACTLY how you feel. It took me over a week to take a bite of bread. It took me almost two weeks to eat a whole piece. I am currently up to two servings of starch plus extra dairy, etc...equally about 1200ish calories per day. I won't lie...physically, I have feel bloated and stomachachey. My weight is up and down. It's like some days I'll be up like 4 or 5 pounds and then back down and then up a couple and then down. It's pure torture. I finally ate my whole allowed amount of starch a few days ago in a Flatout whole grain wrap. It was delicious and I enjoyed it very much. I did feel carby afterwards and I have noticed my pants a little snug but only in the waist and usually my thighs are the first to gain. I am scared about what I will weight on Friday at my appointment. BTW, I bought that PB from Walmart the other day and with those flaxseeds for crunch, it is soooo good. I have a friend that did SOuth beach diet and she said when she added carbs back she gained a few pounds at first but then it went away after a couple weeks. It's so scary having this feeling of losing control.:blush: And I honestly believe that, for me at least, I will NEVER EVER see an awesome reflection in the mirror. I can like what I have but I'm not sure if I'll ever think I look REALLY good.....sigh. I guess acceptance is important though

maintenance

Last edited by Charlene4; 09-15-2010 at 08:30 PM..
Old 09-16-2010, 04:16 AM   #202
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Congrats on getting to transition, Nancy!! I'm getting close, and already have the fear of independence :blush:... the clinic staff have been counseling me the past couple of weeks about how normal it is to have these fears that you mentioned. Even now, I don't venture away from my relatively few "safe" foods (altho I fear I'm addicted to those cocoa almonds!). Over the past 2 months, I've learned a new respect for those with eating disorders... it's a kind of comfortable "control" in my life in a world that often seems out of control!
Keep us informed (I know you will) about your steps in this part of your journey... we'll all benefit from your experiences!
Old 09-16-2010, 05:59 AM   #203
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: vtoria98
Stats: 192/182/140
Start Date: Aug 26 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly4me View Post
I'm on day 20 and tonight I was STARVING. I hadn't been hungry at all up until now. I'm not sure if it was because I worked out yesterday or what.

I wish there were more lines in the journal book. I like to eat a bunch of small meals throughout the day and there aren't enough lines. Even better, I wish there was a tracking app. for my Droid phone. I always have it with me throughout the day.
Kelly,

i dont know how familiar you are with the Livestrong.com, but they have a very good food tracking section that I use on my phone, its not an app, just their site, i have a pre so no apps for me, they have an iphone app too.
I use it religiously instead of the journal since I carry my phone all the time and its one less thing to carry, actually I have been using it off and on for years.

Vicki

Last edited by vtoria98; 09-16-2010 at 06:00 AM.. Reason: spelling
Old 09-16-2010, 06:15 AM   #204
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtoria98 View Post
Kelly,

i dont know how familiar you are with the Livestrong.com, but they have a very good food tracking section that I use on my phone, its not an app, just their site, i have a pre so no apps for me, they have an iphone app too.
I use it religiously instead of the journal since I carry my phone all the time and its one less thing to carry, actually I have been using it off and on for years.

Vicki
Thanks, Vicki - that reminded me to check and I can use my Spark People app for tracking. They won't let me lower the calories below a thousand, but I can set the protein grams and carbs the way that I need them and just stay at the right calorie level. I can also track my water and exercise one it. Perfect! Thanks!
Old 09-16-2010, 07:24 AM   #205
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Charlene4
Stats: 154.5/135/135
WOE: vegan/vegetarian
Start Date: June 7,2010
injections

Question. It has been two weeks since I have gotten an injection of any kind from Medi. I noticed that I have a fairly decent sized, somewhat tender lump on my butt where they give me the shots. I have always bruised from the shots and been a little sore but never gotten a bump. Has anyone else had this? How long did it take to go away? I am due to go back in to the clinic tomorrow and will mention it but it's bugging me.
Old 09-16-2010, 08:26 AM   #206
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
Quote:

loyemarie
Congratulations, loyemarie. What an impressive loss! Keep it up! Snacks need to be counted as protein calories for the day.
Old 09-16-2010, 08:55 AM   #207
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: slbpl61
Stats: 5'8" 206/203/165
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 08/16/2013 Restart
Back on plan

Hey everyone! Been on MWL since Feb. but took a 'hiatus' if you will, since July. Got married, moved and have now settled back into the groove. My last weigh-in was early August and for various reasons have taken some time off from my weekly weigh-ins at the clinic. They have been very supportive and understanding. I do plan on returning in the next few weeks. I have been able to get my AS from my doctor so that has helped. After a few pound weight fluctuation, I really am happy I have been able to maintain my current weight which leads me to believe I can do this once I reach my goal and maintenance. Sugar (desserts, etc.) is my crutch and after adding some here and there, I began to feel absolutely lousy. That stuff is evil!! Today is Day 3 of being back on program to a T and I feel amazing.....no longer toxic! LOL I hope to be in ketosis in the morning, Day 4. I am a few pounds away from my current goal but I am seriously considering changing my goal weight to 150-155. This has been the only program that has ever worked for me. I read the South Beach diet and although it looks very do-able, I felt the carb count was a little too high for me right now. I could see that program somewhat being similar to a maintenance WOE. What I did take away from the book was that many plans are similar when reducing carb counts, protein intake, moderation....a far cry from the AHA and ADA woe....low fat, etc.

It's nice catching up here on the boards. So glad to see familar faces and great successes!! Welcome to all the new folks as well!!

For the gal who had some questions about Craker Barrel, I do love their low carb menu!! Their grilled roast beef/pot roast with onions is amazing!! I always get 3 veggie sides and no bread and it's 2 meals for me!!
Old 09-16-2010, 09:33 AM   #208
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: YankeeMom27
Stats: 181/156.8/145
WOE: Medi WeightLoss
Start Date: restart 03/29/13
went for my weigh-in today- down another 4.2lbs and my BMI is BELOW 25, so now I'm within healthy range!!! Yippee!! I can relate to what everyone was saying about looking at what other people eat. When I was heavier, I was always jealous of "thin women" eating so little and healthy and was upset that I couldn't do that. Now, knowing what I know on Medi, it's shocking that I used to fill my body with those empty calories and junk food. So when I see what other people are eating, I have to bite my tongue not to start preaching about eating healthier (although my family does not get that same reprieve!!) Hope everyone has a great day on plan!!
Old 09-16-2010, 10:06 AM   #209
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
I SO wish there was a Mediweightloss center in or at least close to Jacksonville. My daughter is getting heavy (partially due to some medications.....but ONLY partially) and I'd love for her to be able to get the same program, her dad and I do. After having weight problems my whole life I KNOW that having family criticize, or even make comments about your weight is NOT productive. She is very proud of us, but I think she's sceptical of my weight loss, since she's seen me "diet" her whole life! I don't want her to go through what I've gone through and done to my body (yo-yo dieting). It just breaks my heart to see her eating the way I used to eat! I know how she feels when she looks in the mirror, or is invited to a party or wedding. She's NOT happy! I've made a suggestion she try south beach or something, but she nixed that, so I haven't said any more.

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford
Old 09-16-2010, 11:22 AM   #210
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ortal
Stats: 184/138/120 5'5"
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 4/26/2010
The boy and I are experimenting with marinades tonight, letting the meat sit untill Saturday and seeing how it turns out. Ive googled a bit, but anyone have an exceptional low-carb marinade for chicken or steak they can recommend? something that wont require me buying 45 ingredients ill only use once and have a lot left over
Closed Thread