Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2010, 04:23 PM   #151
Senior LCF Member
 
lins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Missouri
Posts: 607
Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
I drank some chicken broth earlier today and it really did help my throat. Thanks!

I now have a fever and it's just not fun. I really want to eat the ice cream that is in my freezer but I know that although it might feel good on my throat now, it won't feel good on my hips later.
lins is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2010, 04:40 PM   #152
Senior LCF Member
 
mommy2princesses's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 335
Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Lins - Here's hoping you feel better!!! Unfortunately, I have felt the same way all day yesterday and today. Friday & Saturday I was convinced I had allergies (even though I never have them at this time of year!) then on Sunday I was so wiped of all energy, was hot one second, cold the next and have had the worst headaches and sore throat...I didn't even exercise yesterday. Today I forced myself to walk for 1 hr (since I weigh-in tomorrow!). I ddin't really eat a "meal" at all today...I've been doing a bite here, a few almonds there, etc....and honestly - have no idea how many calories I had today. Ugh!

Ira - Congrats on the size 10 dress! I went shopping earlier last week to find some fall stuff that fits me - and just to know that size 14 fit and L/XL tops is such an amazing feeling. 2 more pants size is what I want/need to lose - I think I'll be happy/healthiest at a 10. And I can totally understand that dreaded feeling of getting invited somewhere that required you to look "nice" - forget that, getting invited anywhere! - because I was always so ashamed of how I looked. You are an inspiration!

Ok, I am off to fold some laundry and then curl up on the couch...both girls are sleeping, and hopefully I'm not far behind!
__________________
~Keri

Over 100lbs. GONE FOREVER
Thanks to MWL!
8 months to Wellness....5/11/10 - 1/11/11
mommy2princesses is offline  
Old 09-13-2010, 04:42 PM   #153
Senior LCF Member
 
AnnK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: SC
Posts: 263
Gallery: AnnK
Stats: 5'2" 133/133/115
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 7/22/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by lins View Post
I drank some chicken broth earlier today and it really did help my throat. Thanks!

I now have a fever and it's just not fun. I really want to eat the ice cream that is in my freezer but I know that although it might feel good on my throat now, it won't feel good on my hips later.
Oh lins, so sorry you don't feel good. Chicken broth does seem to have some magical ingredient that cures many things. You're being strong, staying away from that ice cream. Do you have any lemon Crystal Lite? I remember my mom giving me hot lemonade for sore throats when I was a kid. It always made it feel better, but maybe it was the attention that helped .
AnnK is offline  
Old 09-13-2010, 04:54 PM   #154
Junior LCF Member
 
afunfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 36
Gallery: afunfish
Stats: 203/158/150 5"8
WOE: Medi - Acute Phase
Hope everyone had a great Monday, today is my fourth day and I am in Ketosis, yea! This was the first time I checked since starting. I usually come home on a Monday and pour myself a glass of wine, so today I got home, got my wine glass, filled it with ice, and opened a bottle of powerade zero and had me a glass of that to sip on lol. I copied some recipes that I thought I might like from this site for week two, and I have a shopping list ready for this weekend. My first week ends friday.

*lins- feel better soon, I try and take some extra zinc and vitamin c when I am feeling sick, can you do that on medi? I might ask that at my next visit.
afunfish is offline  
Old 09-13-2010, 08:04 PM   #155
Junior LCF Member
 
loyemarie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 35
Gallery: loyemarie
Stats: 5'7"~258/226.2/170
WOE: MWL
Start Date: September 8, 2010
I LOVED reading your posts, especially Sara and Irina! When I "grow up" I wanna be like YOU!

Wednesday will be my weigh-in after my first week. I've been right on target with the program, have felt yucky at times, but mostly alright. I know I'm still in the "honeymoon" phase, and there will be challenges along the way, but I started a journal where, among other things, I write down all the good things that will be coming along as the weight comes off. Like not looking ridiculous bending over to pick something up!

loyemarie
loyemarie is offline  
Old 09-13-2010, 08:58 PM   #156
Senior LCF Member
 
irabeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 288
Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by loyemarie View Post
I LOVED reading your posts, especially Sara and Irina! When I "grow up" I wanna be like YOU!

Wednesday will be my weigh-in after my first week. I've been right on target with the program, have felt yucky at times, but mostly alright. I know I'm still in the "honeymoon" phase, and there will be challenges along the way, but I started a journal where, among other things, I write down all the good things that will be coming along as the weight comes off. Like not looking ridiculous bending over to pick something up!

loyemarie
Thank you, loyemarie and good luck for tomorrow. I was really skeptical when joined Medi because so many times I failed in the past. When I lost more than 20 lb in 1 month, I was still not sure it will work for me long term since I have been gaining and losing same 30-40 lb in the previous few years. But somehow this program worked for me and now I feel like new, able to run for 30 min or more non-stop, hike up the mountain (more than 2000 ft, vertical drop), fit comfortably in the airline seat and many more other benefits. Your idea of recording benefits of losing weight is great - this type of record will help you greatly when you are faced with challenges on the food front.
__________________
Irina

"Nothing tastes better than thin feels"
-------------------
Was in wellness!
Restart on 04/05/11 to lose 15 gained lb
253/148/140
irabeslim is offline  
Old 09-13-2010, 08:59 PM   #157
Senior LCF Member
 
malloryann11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 143
Gallery: malloryann11
Stats: 185/179.6/160
WOE: MWL
Start Date: November 3, 2009, Restart Aug. 24 2010
Hello All hope you had a great Monday!
I ate really well today and got in 1.7 miles on the treadmill... babysteps!
Finally got new ketosis strips and will test in the morning
malloryann11 is offline  
Old 09-13-2010, 09:03 PM   #158
Senior LCF Member
 
irabeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 288
Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
Keri and lins, feel better. I know how hard it is to be sick and try to stick with the diet. I have been sick several times during my weight loss journey. All I wanted to do - eat something so my throat feels better. So instead I drank tons of low sodium broth and that helped.
irabeslim is offline  
Old 09-14-2010, 05:33 AM   #159
Senior LCF Member
 
lins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Missouri
Posts: 607
Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
I didn't sleep well last night at all. I thought I was sick yesterday but I feel so much worse today. I went over in calories yesterday (950 instead of 800). I ened up eatting chicken noodle soup which I know is a no no, but I just felt awful and that's what sound okay to eat, even though I was at my calories for the day.

I am trying to do protein only until my appt on Friday because I am out of ketosis and she wanted me to stay in this week, so we'll see how that goes. I really just want to take Meds and go back to bed, but my 2 yr old isn't going for that.
__________________
Lins
Starting weight 212lbs
lins is offline  
Old 09-14-2010, 05:41 AM   #160
Senior LCF Member
 
Ortal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: CT
Posts: 305
Gallery: Ortal
Stats: 184/138/120 5'5"
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 4/26/2010
Im sure one day of chicken noodle soup wont kill you. You need to think big picture here, you still only had 950 calories which is low for the general popilation who eat a minimum 1200 cals a day based on what we are normally told.

Speaking of one wont kill me, I had a calculated cheat this morning. I wont even call it that.

Let me explain... I have been craving CRAVING a muffin ever since my daughter got one from dunkin donuts the other day. blueberry. i literally dreamt about it. I could have gone out and bought a low-carb-atkins-this-or that but no, I wanted a dunkin donuts muffin. Regardless of carbs, I know they are like 500 calories each, worse then a bagel.

This morning i stopped to get coffee (skim milk , splenda) and i bought a fresh out of the oven reduced fat (notice how they cant say low fat) blueberry muffin and very slowly ate jsut the top (about half). I savored every bite, this is my first real cheat since I started the plan in April. And I don't feel bad. Ive lost 45 lbs, dammit, if I want a muffin I can have one. Its a slippery slope with me so I know the rest of the day I will be 100% on plan because I cant allow myself to keep going. Without the phentermine its hard to control these cravings but so far so good, with the occasional nibble here and there.

It was 225 calories for half of it. The rest of my meals for the day (i have work then school so i packed them both) consist of miracle noodles, a vegetable, and a protein. I know that normal people can eat muffins, even whole ones, and still loose/maintain their weight. I didn't have a full one because lets face it, the top is the best part anyways :-p

IT was delicious. When in an hour Im hungry again cause I didnt have my protein, Ill have to suck it up, but its okay Im happy
__________________
--Ortal--
This too shall pass

Mini Goal - 130 by 10/30
Ultimate Goal - 120 by the end of the year.
Ortal is offline  
Old 09-14-2010, 07:02 AM   #161
Junior LCF Member
 
YankeeMom27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 50
Gallery: YankeeMom27
Stats: 181/156.8/145
WOE: Medi WeightLoss
Start Date: restart 03/29/13
Ortal,

You absolutely do deserve a treat once in awhile and having been On Plan since April, you definitely deserved it!! Plus, you only ate the top half (yes, the best part!), so you didn't go overboard and you have an eating plan for the rest of the day. I know, for me, in the past (before Medi), I probably would've gave in and ate the whole thing and given up on the rest of the day since I already blew my diet. Also, you read everywhere that if you don't give in to your cravings every once in awhile, that you'll end up eating everything else and then you cave and eat your food craving anyway. So I say kudos! to you!!
__________________
Heather
YankeeMom27 is offline  
Old 09-14-2010, 07:06 AM   #162
Senior LCF Member
 
think-skinny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 63
Gallery: think-skinny
Stats: 201.4/129/125/5'1.5"
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 08-13-10
Quote:
Originally Posted by irabeslim View Post
Thank you, Stephanie. I am still in disbelief myself that I managed to lose all this weight in 7.5 months and 87lb of it is FAT. I am 6 lb from the goal and they are the most difficult pounds to lose. Looking back and analyzing what helped me, of course, is the program itself with AS, shots, supplements and accountability (knowing that I need to be weighed-in weekly). Then my execise plan. I was doing 1 hour of high-intensity cardio (eliptical, stationary bike, treadmill working uphill or brisk walking in the park) 6 times a week and 5 times a week weight training (30 min). 3 months into the program I got extremely bored with the food I was eating and started to slip and then I found this site with all the support and great recipes. God bless oopsies, miracle noodles and PB2. I made sure I cooked different meals every day so that there was something to look forward to. My husband did not mind to eat what I cooked and lost 12 lb. I also found this store nearby for low-carb foods and treated myself with some desserts from there (so good with only 3-4 g of carbs). Usually would reward myself with a cup of tea and these deserts after gym every other day or so. Also when I was invited for meals with friends and I always have these "sweets" with me so that I will not feel deprived when they devour their cakes. Week after week, seeing the pounds lost made me stronger and more resolved. There were about 4-5 occasions that I slipped and for a day or two eat "everything in sight" but went back on week1 diet for a few days and was back on the plan. I actually skipped the weigh-in a couple of times (we should not be doing it) so that to not see the gain (I was afraid I would get discouraged and stop the program). I also got "The Beck diet solution" book and followed the exercises. I knew that it is all in my head, all the cravings, boredom eating, etc. This book is amazing - I am reading it all the time when faced with food situations.

Last month I find it very difficult to stay in 500 cal regimen and not to eat fresh fruit that is in season now. It took me out of ketosis. I still exercise the same way and lost some weight but not as much fat as I was losing before. This week I decided to give one last push and put myself on week1 to try to get back to ketosis so that these 6 lb will be "fat" pounds lost. Let's see if it happens.
What a great story. You have done fantastic and will get those last 6 lbs. off soon. I am still trying to find recipes and make menus each week to change things up but that is getting frustrating because I have to convert everything to the products I have and then recalculate the number of cals and carbs. I know I can do this too. It's nice to see that when we have "those days" we can just go back to week one to jump start us again. Thank you so much for the encouragement and I will be rooting you on for the last 6 lbs.
__________________
Have a blessed day,
Stephany
think-skinny is offline  
Old 09-14-2010, 07:07 AM   #163
Senior LCF Member
 
Ortal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: CT
Posts: 305
Gallery: Ortal
Stats: 184/138/120 5'5"
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 4/26/2010
thanks Heather! I , as predicted, am starving right now with 2 hours till lunch, but I have water and tea and other good stuff I can suck on till then. Congrats on your progress so far!!
Ortal is offline  
Old 09-14-2010, 07:09 AM   #164
Senior LCF Member
 
think-skinny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 63
Gallery: think-skinny
Stats: 201.4/129/125/5'1.5"
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 08-13-10
Quote:
Originally Posted by loyemarie View Post
I LOVED reading your posts, especially Sara and Irina! When I "grow up" I wanna be like YOU!

Wednesday will be my weigh-in after my first week. I've been right on target with the program, have felt yucky at times, but mostly alright. I know I'm still in the "honeymoon" phase, and there will be challenges along the way, but I started a journal where, among other things, I write down all the good things that will be coming along as the weight comes off. Like not looking ridiculous bending over to pick something up!

loyemarie
You can do it Loyemarie. You have taken the best first step in starting this program and with the support from family, friends, the clinic and this wonderful forum you can be successful! Have a great day!
think-skinny is offline  
Old 09-14-2010, 11:16 AM   #165
Senior LCF Member
 
think-skinny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 63
Gallery: think-skinny
Stats: 201.4/129/125/5'1.5"
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 08-13-10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ortal View Post
Im sure one day of chicken noodle soup wont kill you. You need to think big picture here, you still only had 950 calories which is low for the general popilation who eat a minimum 1200 cals a day based on what we are normally told.

Speaking of one wont kill me, I had a calculated cheat this morning. I wont even call it that.

Let me explain... I have been craving CRAVING a muffin ever since my daughter got one from dunkin donuts the other day. blueberry. i literally dreamt about it. I could have gone out and bought a low-carb-atkins-this-or that but no, I wanted a dunkin donuts muffin. Regardless of carbs, I know they are like 500 calories each, worse then a bagel.

This morning i stopped to get coffee (skim milk , splenda) and i bought a fresh out of the oven reduced fat (notice how they cant say low fat) blueberry muffin and very slowly ate jsut the top (about half). I savored every bite, this is my first real cheat since I started the plan in April. And I don't feel bad. Ive lost 45 lbs, dammit, if I want a muffin I can have one. Its a slippery slope with me so I know the rest of the day I will be 100% on plan because I cant allow myself to keep going. Without the phentermine its hard to control these cravings but so far so good, with the occasional nibble here and there.

It was 225 calories for half of it. The rest of my meals for the day (i have work then school so i packed them both) consist of miracle noodles, a vegetable, and a protein. I know that normal people can eat muffins, even whole ones, and still loose/maintain their weight. I didn't have a full one because lets face it, the top is the best part anyways :-p

IT was delicious. When in an hour Im hungry again cause I didnt have my protein, Ill have to suck it up, but its okay Im happy
Your post cracks me up. Its nice to know that when we do make different choices one day we can get right back on the proverbial horse and continue on our journey. Great job with planning ahead. Have a great day!
think-skinny is offline  
Old 09-14-2010, 12:17 PM   #166
Junior LCF Member
 
YankeeMom27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 50
Gallery: YankeeMom27
Stats: 181/156.8/145
WOE: Medi WeightLoss
Start Date: restart 03/29/13
Ortal,

Thanks so much! I find that hot tea always worked to fill me up, but now that I live in Florida, can't even think of drinking anything hot! Coming from NJ, I always looked for the temps to start dropping about this time of year, but it looks like there's no end in site to the hot weather here!

Just a question to anyone who might know- I'm meeting my parents for lunch on Saturday at Cracker Barrel. I went on-line and was thrilled to see that they have a low-carb menu, although I'll have to pass on the side dishes...has anyone ever eaten off this menu? Any suggestions?
YankeeMom27 is offline  
Old 09-14-2010, 01:57 PM   #167
Senior LCF Member
 
mommy2princesses's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 335
Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Ugh, had my weigh-in this morning....I only lost 1/2 lb!!! I have never lost this small of an amount in the 18 weeks that I've been doing Medi, so disappointed. My water weight was up 2 lbs too (which I'm guessing is because I've had very little to drink the past few days, swallowing even water seems to hurt). But what really bothers me is that I completely fell into an old habit today of seeking food when upset, and I am so mad at myself for doing it.

After weigh-in I had to go to Target and our closest Target has a Starbucks inside of it. I had told my 2 yr old that she could get a snack there as a bribe to keep her well behaved during my weigh-in. And she was SO good at Medi, received several compliments from people in the waiting room about how patient she was being as we had a long wait today. Anyways - she picked a piece of coffee cake at Starbucks (that they even warmed up for her!). She ate about 1/2 of it...and I then ate the other half! It started as just a small taste, then another small taste...until I looked in the bag and there was only a small taste left - so of course I finished it. I can't believe I did it - and its not even like that was a food I was craving, or ever really craved in the past! I know I need to just chalk today up to being a bad day and really get back on the path tomorrow, I'm talking one more day off from walking too.

Between not feeling good lately, being disappointed at Medi (which the Dr. basically told me I had no right to be disappointed/upset when I talked with her about it - yeah, easy for her to say!), then mad/guilty about eating that coffee cake....just a bad day overall! Ugh!
mommy2princesses is offline  
Old 09-14-2010, 02:28 PM   #168
Junior LCF Member
 
loyemarie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 35
Gallery: loyemarie
Stats: 5'7"~258/226.2/170
WOE: MWL
Start Date: September 8, 2010
Just wanted to thank everyone for their well-wishes for me! You are all wonderful, inspiring friends! This can surely be a struggle, and it's good to know here's a place we all can share, vent, be mad, be elated and you all understand!

Mommy2 - Please do not beat yourself up. I believe God divided up our time on Earth into days because we can start all over after 24 hours! Fresh start. And I wouldn't say eating the coffee cake was a crime or anything. But it is important to understand what motivated the action, and recognize that we all need to come up with new, healthy WAYS TO COPE WITH LIFE! That is MY goal, then following the plan, and life afterwards, will be much better.

loyemarie
loyemarie is offline  
Old 09-14-2010, 03:02 PM   #169
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mary T8M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Ft. Pierce, Florida
Posts: 1,405
Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2princesses View Post
Ugh, had my weigh-in this morning....I only lost 1/2 lb!!! I have never lost this small of an amount in the 18 weeks that I've been doing Medi, so disappointed. My water weight was up 2 lbs too (which I'm guessing is because I've had very little to drink the past few days, swallowing even water seems to hurt). But what really bothers me is that I completely fell into an old habit today of seeking food when upset, and I am so mad at myself for doing it.

After weigh-in I had to go to Target and our closest Target has a Starbucks inside of it. I had told my 2 yr old that she could get a snack there as a bribe to keep her well behaved during my weigh-in. And she was SO good at Medi, received several compliments from people in the waiting room about how patient she was being as we had a long wait today. Anyways - she picked a piece of coffee cake at Starbucks (that they even warmed up for her!). She ate about 1/2 of it...and I then ate the other half! It started as just a small taste, then another small taste...until I looked in the bag and there was only a small taste left - so of course I finished it. I can't believe I did it - and its not even like that was a food I was craving, or ever really craved in the past! I know I need to just chalk today up to being a bad day and really get back on the path tomorrow, I'm talking one more day off from walking too.

Between not feeling good lately, being disappointed at Medi (which the Dr. basically told me I had no right to be disappointed/upset when I talked with her about it - yeah, easy for her to say!), then mad/guilty about eating that coffee cake....just a bad day overall! Ugh!
Hang in there Keri.....you're doing GREAT! I know you'll be back on program tomorrow, and who knows by having this increase in carbs, and getting back on week 1 tomorrow next week might be a very large loss! Plus by that time you'll be feeling better too!
I thought my ketone sticks were old because I've been doing week 1 and am not showing I'm in ketosis......so I bought new ones today, and "tried" one this afternoon (I know we're supposed to check first thing in the morning) but these new ones say NEGATIVE too! I weigh in tomorrow, so hope I'm really in ketosis!
__________________


Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford
Mary T8M is offline  
Old 09-14-2010, 03:30 PM   #170
Senior LCF Member
 
AnnK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: SC
Posts: 263
Gallery: AnnK
Stats: 5'2" 133/133/115
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 7/22/14
Hi gang. So, lins, Ortal & Mommy2 ~ thanks for sharing your little "cheats." So you're human... and come here to fess up. A place where nobody beats you up or doubts that you'll get right back on plan.
Ortal, when I have a day when I think I had too many calories, I also think about how LOW 700 calories (my current top limit) really sounds to the general public! Funny that I used to think 1000 a day was SO low...
Mary, the ketostix thing reminded me to bring this up. I've found from the beginning that I always measure lower 1st thing in the morning. It's usually in the small or trace range. Even a half hour later, it can jump up to moderate. I've discussed this with my clinic staff, but they aren't concerned since I'm positive at my visits.
Once again, thanks ya'll for being there!!
__________________
“Slow progress is STILL progress.”
AnnK is offline  
Old 09-14-2010, 04:27 PM   #171
Senior LCF Member
 
kelly4me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 167
Gallery: kelly4me
Stats: Lost 53 pounds 2010, Restart 2013
WOE: MWL in 2010, Low Carb 2013
Start Date: 8/27/2010, 10/22/2013
Hi everyone! I am excited to say that I got myself to the gym today and walked on the treadmill for 50 minutes. My heart rate monitor watch said that I burned 411 calories, but the treadmill said 225. I'm not sure which to believe? Maybe I should just split the difference.

I hadn't been to the gym in months. It's sad to see how much ground I lost in what I am capable of in that time. A couple of years ago I worked with a trainer for a few months. At least now I know how to build up slowly and what I'll be capable of in the future.

Hang in there, Ortal and Keri. This program is definitely about the long-term and not just one day.
__________________
Kelly

Working on low carb lifestyle changes. I did Medi in 2010. Using their ideas to make permanent life changes on my own.

First goal: -20
Currently: -6.4
10/29: -2.2
11/5: -4.2
kelly4me is offline  
Old 09-14-2010, 06:14 PM   #172
Senior LCF Member
 
lins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Missouri
Posts: 607
Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
Don't beat yourself up Keri. Do a protein only day tomorrow to "make up for it", and you'll be right back on track. On days that I think I "blew it" I try to recover by being extra good and I usually end up losing a lot of weight those weeks.

I had a GREAT day by Medi standards, 510 calories of only protein, but I feel awful so that's not good. My throat feels like it's swollen shut. I know that it's not but it's an awful feeling. I need to take Meds but I am waiting until bedtime so I can take a PM and hopefully get some sleep. Thanks for all the encouragment.
lins is offline  
Old 09-14-2010, 06:57 PM   #173
Senior LCF Member
 
think-skinny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 63
Gallery: think-skinny
Stats: 201.4/129/125/5'1.5"
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 08-13-10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2princesses View Post
Ugh, had my weigh-in this morning....I only lost 1/2 lb!!! I have never lost this small of an amount in the 18 weeks that I've been doing Medi, so disappointed. My water weight was up 2 lbs too (which I'm guessing is because I've had very little to drink the past few days, swallowing even water seems to hurt). But what really bothers me is that I completely fell into an old habit today of seeking food when upset, and I am so mad at myself for doing it.

After weigh-in I had to go to Target and our closest Target has a Starbucks inside of it. I had told my 2 yr old that she could get a snack there as a bribe to keep her well behaved during my weigh-in. And she was SO good at Medi, received several compliments from people in the waiting room about how patient she was being as we had a long wait today. Anyways - she picked a piece of coffee cake at Starbucks (that they even warmed up for her!). She ate about 1/2 of it...and I then ate the other half! It started as just a small taste, then another small taste...until I looked in the bag and there was only a small taste left - so of course I finished it. I can't believe I did it - and its not even like that was a food I was craving, or ever really craved in the past! I know I need to just chalk today up to being a bad day and really get back on the path tomorrow, I'm talking one more day off from walking too.

Between not feeling good lately, being disappointed at Medi (which the Dr. basically told me I had no right to be disappointed/upset when I talked with her about it - yeah, easy for her to say!), then mad/guilty about eating that coffee cake....just a bad day overall! Ugh!
Sorry you are not feeling well. Hope it passes quickly. Do not beat yourself up for taking one step back. You have already lost 50 or more lbs and that is a great thing. Like others have suggested just get beck on week one and do what you need to do. We are here for you and everyone else to help support through the happy times as well as the bad times. I admire you for spilling the beans. Not everyone has that courage. Keep up the great work!
think-skinny is offline  
Old 09-14-2010, 06:59 PM   #174
Senior LCF Member
 
think-skinny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 63
Gallery: think-skinny
Stats: 201.4/129/125/5'1.5"
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 08-13-10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lins View Post
Don't beat yourself up Keri. Do a protein only day tomorrow to "make up for it", and you'll be right back on track. On days that I think I "blew it" I try to recover by being extra good and I usually end up losing a lot of weight those weeks.

I had a GREAT day by Medi standards, 510 calories of only protein, but I feel awful so that's not good. My throat feels like it's swollen shut. I know that it's not but it's an awful feeling. I need to take Meds but I am waiting until bedtime so I can take a PM and hopefully get some sleep. Thanks for all the encouragment.
Do you think maybe you have strep? I have had that a couple of times and your symptoms sound similar. Just a thought. Hope you get to feeling better soon.
think-skinny is offline  
Old 09-14-2010, 07:13 PM   #175
Senior LCF Member
 
Nance7's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 148
Gallery: Nance7
Stats: 5'3" 165/125/135 Restart 7/9/12 at 142
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 5/31/2010
Gosh, I missed you guys and love reading all of your posts. I'm sorry for those who are sick. Feel better, Lins. Keri, look how far you have come. Forgive yourself and let's be grateful that we know what to do to get back on track. Ortal, I loved reading about the muffin top! Hey--at least the muffin top is not on YOU!

I was at the beach all last week--wonderful week with family and friends. I really worked to stay on plan, although there was a drink or two every night. I was so amazed that, with those around me eating pasta, chips, cookies, dips, candy, waffles, crackers, doughnuts, etc. all week, I kept to the plan, walked on the beach a lot, took long bike rides almost every day.

I have to report my good news: today was my weigh-in, after 2 weeks away from Medi and no injections, with vacation thrown in. I was down 3.3 lbs and 3.5 in fat. I am officially below my goal weight by 2.8 lbs, and I am in transition, on the way to maintenance! I am completely amazed that I have lost 32.4 lbs. in just a little over 3 months. This program really works!!
Nance7 is offline  
Old 09-14-2010, 09:47 PM   #176
Major LCF Poster!
 
Fit2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kansas
Posts: 2,592
Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Horray Nancy for reaching goal! Whoo Hoo!!
Fit2010 is offline  
Old 09-15-2010, 02:50 AM   #177
Senior LCF Member
 
AnnK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: SC
Posts: 263
Gallery: AnnK
Stats: 5'2" 133/133/115
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 7/22/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nance7 View Post
Gosh, I missed you guys and love reading all of your posts. I'm sorry for those who are sick. Feel better, Lins. Keri, look how far you have come. Forgive yourself and let's be grateful that we know what to do to get back on track. Ortal, I loved reading about the muffin top! Hey--at least the muffin top is not on YOU!

I was at the beach all last week--wonderful week with family and friends. I really worked to stay on plan, although there was a drink or two every night. I was so amazed that, with those around me eating pasta, chips, cookies, dips, candy, waffles, crackers, doughnuts, etc. all week, I kept to the plan, walked on the beach a lot, took long bike rides almost every day.

I have to report my good news: today was my weigh-in, after 2 weeks away from Medi and no injections, with vacation thrown in. I was down 3.3 lbs and 3.5 in fat. I am officially below my goal weight by 2.8 lbs, and I am in transition, on the way to maintenance! I am completely amazed that I have lost 32.4 lbs. in just a little over 3 months. This program really works!!
YAY Nancy!!! Wonderful news... yes, you're proof that this program works... but, you did the hard work & it's paying off. So proud of you, and happy to see that you had a great time on vacation, and still lost!
AnnK is offline  
Old 09-15-2010, 04:54 AM   #178
Senior LCF Member
 
lins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Missouri
Posts: 607
Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
YAY Nancy that is wonderful! And WTG on staying on plan while on vacation.

Isn't funny to watch other people eat now. I am not at all being judgmental because I use to eat that way, but I just noticed at the gas station the other day that the heavy people in line her getting regular soda's and donuts or other unhealthy items, and that skinny people were drinking water or sports drinks, and no snacks. I don't want to be the person getting "junk" anymore. Not only because I realize how much money was wasted on that kind of stuff, but also because I know how I was treating my body and I just don't want to do that anymore.
lins is offline  
Old 09-15-2010, 06:58 AM   #179
Senior LCF Member
 
Ortal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: CT
Posts: 305
Gallery: Ortal
Stats: 184/138/120 5'5"
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 4/26/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeMom27 View Post
Ortal,

Thanks so much! I find that hot tea always worked to fill me up, but now that I live in Florida, can't even think of drinking anything hot! Coming from NJ, I always looked for the temps to start dropping about this time of year, but it looks like there's no end in site to the hot weather here!

Just a question to anyone who might know- I'm meeting my parents for lunch on Saturday at Cracker Barrel. I went on-line and was thrilled to see that they have a low-carb menu, although I'll have to pass on the side dishes...has anyone ever eaten off this menu? Any suggestions?
I am not a big fan of that place, but I know that they serve breakfast all the time... maybe get a big egg white omelette with lots of good things thrown into it?
Ortal is offline  
Old 09-15-2010, 07:00 AM   #180
Senior LCF Member
 
Ortal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: CT
Posts: 305
Gallery: Ortal
Stats: 184/138/120 5'5"
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 4/26/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanna1 View Post

Ortal ~ Have you made cauliflower rice before? Do a search in the recipe room here or check out Linda Sue's website: Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes Yum!
thanks for the link! I actually just bought a brand new food processor so Im VERY excited to try this. Its such a pain in the *** to do this all by hand.
Ortal is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:51 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.