Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2010, 11:59 AM   #91
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnK
Stats: 5'2" 133/133/115
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 7/22/14
Sonoroo ~ wow! I'm amazed & impressed that you can stick to ANY kind of "diet" or plan with your incredibly busy career & life!! The job change sounds like a wise move, even tho there will be some sadness initially with the change.
Went for my 7th week check up & lost 2.4 lbs, for a total loss of 18 lbs. What a relief after splurging a bit over the weekend! And indeed, my ketostix WERE bad afterall ~ I was told at the clinic that a gray color indicates bad sticks (and, altho I hadn't paid attention, mine had turned gray..) Anyway, I got a new box at CVS for 14.99 (they're 22.00 at my clinic). Sorry if ya'll know all this, but wanted to share just in case...

Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2010, 12:36 PM   #92
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: loyemarie
Stats: 5'7"~258/226.2/170
WOE: MWL
Start Date: September 8, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeMom27 View Post
Just came back from my Week 6 weigh-in- only down 1.6lbs, but it was all fat and at least it is still a loss! THE best feeling was pulling on a pair of capri jeans today and realizing that they were a size 8!!!

FYI- don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but was checking my ketones for the past week and getting a negative reading. I decided to buy a new bottle of ketostix to see if maybe there was a problem with my old bottle. Well, sure enough, that was it! I was keeping them in the bathroom and I guess with the higher humidity in there, the sticks were ruined. So just remember to keep the lid on tight and/or don't leave your Ketostix in the bathroom!
I had my initial consult last Tues., and practically the first thing out of the doc's mouth when he pulled out the bottle was "don't leave the ketostix in the bathroom!" I guess I was lucky to not have to find out the hard way. But at least you'll know you're still in ketosis now!
Old 09-09-2010, 04:20 PM   #93
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: YankeeMom27
Stats: 181/156.8/145
WOE: Medi WeightLoss
Start Date: restart 03/29/13
Being a pharmacist, you'd think I would have remembered NOT to leave the Ketostix in the bathroom (duh!) Living in Florida doesn't help either...it's humid everywhere here! I don't think the ketone sticks I got from my clinic had a dessicant in the bottle, but the ones I bought today has it. So that's important to remember as well..leave the dessicant in the bottle to absorb any moisture.
Old 09-09-2010, 05:04 PM   #94
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara0621 View Post
Mary- My clinic said edamame was ok. I eat it with a pinch of salt sometimes in the evening if I am missing chips or something salty while reading or whatever...

BUT NEVER BEFORE A WEIGH IN because salt is my enemy!! (I'm just really sensitive to anything with sodium. No deli meat, no turkey bacon, no turkey sausage, no turkey pepperoni... it's tough to find quick proteins that aren't full of sodium!!

The PA at the clinic told me to count the edamame as part of the protein count. I also use it when I'm "behind" in protein for a day... It's been fine, hasn't knocked me out of ketosis so far.
When we went to the center yesterday we had a different "nurse" with us, and she said Edamame was GREAT, but also had the same warning as you, "watch the salt before weigh-in". I also have to make sure I don't eat shrimp the day before weigh-in. Both times I had it for dinner the night before, I gained water weight!

I didn't lose as much as I thought I would but still lost 2 pounds.....DH lost 5! Isn't that always the way? Oh well, I'm thrilled even if I'm not losing as fast as he is.

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford

Last edited by Mary T8M; 09-09-2010 at 05:09 PM..
Old 09-09-2010, 05:10 PM   #95
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Charlene4
Stats: 154.5/135/135
WOE: vegan/vegetarian
Start Date: June 7,2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary T8M View Post
When we went to the center yesterday we had a different "nurse" with us, and she said Edamame was GREAT, but also had the same warning as you, "watch the salt before weigh-in". I also have to make sure I don't eat shrimp the day before weigh-in. Both times I had it for dinner the night before, I gained water weight!
They also have Dry roasted Edamame (costco, whole foods)that is really good! A little better choice than almonds or peanuts. One serving is 140 calories (I never eat a whole serving at once) and has 10g carbs (9 of which are FIBER!) and 14g of PROTEIN...sounds pretty good to me. Salt is the worst though...I can't even look at the word salt without puffing up like a blowfish.
Old 09-09-2010, 05:53 PM   #96
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: losing in Ftm
Stats: restart Apr 2012
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 5/5/10
I had never had Edamame until my vacation and I was faced with trying to find something to eat at the Cheesecake Factory. Man, that was good. I didn't think it was legal because it wasn't listed in the my paperwork but I will ask at my clinic on Monday. I hear Sam's has individual servings frozen that you just put in the microwave.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:38 PM   #97
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sara0621
Stats: 225(highest)/188.2(start @MWL)/171.6/145
I buy a bag of shell-still-on-edamame in the frozen veggie section. Put it in a microwave save container, cover it with just enough water, and nuke for 3-4 mins (until the water bubbles). I strain out the water, pat dry, sprinkle with salt, and eat warm. I like eating them out of the shells because it takes a little more work, and it's the whole "hand to mouth" thing that you used to get with chips or popcorn. According to my bag, 1 1/2 cups with shells on is only 90 calories.

I need little things like this, because I am allergic to nuts, so I can't do a handful of almonds!

Weigh in is tomorrow. I'm nervous because I'm feeling bloaty and gross tonight. Not sure what I ate that did it (broccoli, maybe?)... I'm going to chug some serious water before bed...

And seriously, I need to take those stupid sticks out of the bathroom before I forget again!!

~Sara
Old 09-09-2010, 06:40 PM   #98
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
Crazy day, with poor planning on my part. This morning I went to my MOPS meeting, they ALWAYS have something that I can eat so it's never been an issue, but of course today they only had sweets.....serioulsy, not even fruit. Luckily they did have some peanuts. They were oily and salty so I am sure they were awful for me, but I was so hungry that I only ate a small amount. I came home and had some string cheese, and some lunch meat for lunch. I went to a new bible study tonight and they lady told me she was having chicken, well she changed her mind this afternoon and made lasagna. So I ended up only eatting a salad. So my days eatting was Peanuts, deli meat, cheese, and a salad (just lettuce). Seriously awful. UGH!
Old 09-09-2010, 08:15 PM   #99
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: think-skinny
Stats: 201.4/129/125/5'1.5"
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 08-13-10
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnK View Post
Went for my 7th week check up & lost 2.4 lbs, for a total loss of 18 lbs. What a relief after splurging a bit over the weekend! And indeed, my ketostix WERE bad afterall ~ I was told at the clinic that a gray color indicates bad sticks (and, altho I hadn't paid attention, mine had turned gray..) Anyway, I got a new box at CVS for 14.99 (they're 22.00 at my clinic). Sorry if ya'll know all this, but wanted to share just in case...
Thank you for the info about the cheaper ketostix at CVS. I will be looking for those when I need to get more. Do you get all of your supplements through Medi or do you get them from somewhere else too?
Old 09-09-2010, 08:28 PM   #100
Senior LCF Member

Last week I finally made it out of the 190's (something of which I have not been able to do for about 10 years). Tomorrow is my weekly weigh-in and I am looking forward to seeing what results will be there waiting for me.

I am kind of curious to get some opinions about the shots (MIC and the B1/B6) mainly about the B1/B6. Do you think it is really helpful? I just can't see paying an extra $10 each time for the shot. Also, what do most of you do for your supplements? I tried finding the link for products on the boards and could not find it.

Thanks and I look forward to updating my stats. From last Friday I am down 12.4 lbs. total with 11.2 of that pure fat and 1.2 of water.
Old 09-10-2010, 04:14 AM   #101
Senior LCF Member

[QUOTE=think-skinny;13877683]Thank you for the info about the cheaper ketostix at CVS. I will be looking for those when I need to get more. Do you get all of your supplements through Medi or do you get them from somewhere else too?[/QUOTE

Hi Stephany ~ I've been getting most of my supplements at Medi, except for getting fish oil at the drug store or Sam's. I don't use the AS, and the Stay Slim only occasionally, so I have quite a supply of that. I plan to start getting the calcium & vitamins elsewhere when they run out. I'm sure they're cheaper...
Old 09-10-2010, 04:56 AM   #102
Senior LCF Member

I was down a pound this morning! This if the first time in 3 weeks that I was down. I am so happy. I was really getting discouraged. I am only 1lb away from the 120's now!
Old 09-10-2010, 08:03 AM   #103
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Yeah Lins!!!! So happy for you!
Old 09-10-2010, 08:32 AM   #104
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ortal
Stats: 184/138/120 5'5"
Start Date: 4/26/2010
good job Lins! as someone whose been gaining and losing the same 3 lbs over and over i understand how AWESOME little victories like that are.
Old 09-10-2010, 08:58 AM   #105
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: vtoria98
Stats: 192/182/140
Start Date: Aug 26 2010
So small mental defeat today...lost nothing on the scale at the clinic, however i was down 2lbs this morning at home, before i drank 90 oz of water. So even though I know i lost weight, it didnt show on the scale because of all the water.

Hope everyone is having a great day.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:31 AM   #106
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: malloryann11
Stats: 185/179.6/160
Start Date: November 3, 2009, Restart Aug. 24 2010
Hey all another weekend coming up! Staying low carb all the way! I am in ketosis burning fat and I broke through the 80's! I had to bake for a tailgate this weekend so I made a sugarfree peanut butter bite that I can actually enjoy as well at the tailgate! Planning ahead is the key for success! Have a great weekend everyone
Old 09-10-2010, 11:54 AM   #107
Senior LCF Member

Back from my weigh-in today and I am down another 4 lbs. of pure fat, Woo-Hoo! I am now down to 185 and I know that when I finally get to exercising on a more regular basis that it can only help! I am so excited, yeah!

Lins, Congrats on making it down into the 120's. I sure pray that I can make it down there and then maybe a little more. Being 5'1" and carrying around 201 lbs forever is a real motivater along with a super great, supportive hubby and two wonderful little boys.

Thank you to everyone on here for there encouragement and support for all traveling the same life changing journey!
Old 09-10-2010, 05:12 PM   #108
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Stick with this girls....it's SO worth it to make it to goal!! I've been in transition for two weeks and about to enter maintenance. I've lost 53.6 lbs and 44.8 lbs of that was FAT! MWL doctor said the rest was from needing less connective tissue everywhere and some water loss. I have many resources that I go to for ongoing strength (God, the Scriptures, my clinic, my LCF sites virtual friends!, my family, my in the flesh friends ! I also found great help in some books I referred to, see the Books and Blogs thread here in the MWL forum. Do what you need to do, and the plan works. I've even had to adapt throughout the program due to allergies and still lost, in fact losing a lb since last week!

Make it work for you, but do stick with it. You are the only one that can be in charge of your health.

Lins - I'm so happy for you! Just a suggestion, you might try seriously a day of eating about 1200 calories, then go back to week one for 3 to 4 days to confuse your body and get out of the plateau-like phase you've been in at times since you are in your last 10 lbs to goal!

Ortal - You too, don't give up. Maybe try omitting all milk products for the 3 to 4 days of going back to week one after a planned day of indulgence. My clinic doctor recommends when you are in control and so close to goal to let yourself have a day of planned "splurge" as I've talked about before. It has worked for me! Just gotta get right back into acute again and drink all the water again after the indulgence. I've usually had those (only a handful or so) the day of or the day after a weigh in so I have time to get back to acute eating and see the difference the next week.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:21 PM   #109
Major LCF Poster!

Shelley - Bless your heart! I read your post last night and I was just too sleepy to write. I started to and it sat on the screen without me sending it because I just couldn't stay focused! I agree with Ann. If you are earnestly feeling it's time to move on and you have an opportunity, then consider the quality of life you will have in the other position, the quality of family life you'll offer to your kiddos and husband as opposed to being irritable and resentful to the workplace, and prayerfully make your decision. I know from past experience that things happen for a reason and there's an opportunity for something you don't even yet see out there that is the perfect fit...but you couldn't see it because you were so crazy busy at the time! One thing about it....there will always be patients, there will always be hospitals, there will always be someone to do the job. If you are doing your best and have a great work ethic, then you are highly marketable! It's not worth abusing your body over from neglect, if you can make a change to another job. No one else can be mom and wife but you; any other sono tech can be a sono tech for the place, it doesn't have to be you if you feel open doors to go elsewhere. I know it's still hard.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:34 PM   #110
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sshals
Stats: 5'4" 264/192/132
Start Date: 02/2010
Progress

Hi all! I've not been around for a couple of months now and it's exciting to see all the new faces. I have been on plan, but the summer was a bit slow for me in the area of weight loss. It was tough seeing so many people here making faster progress than I was (of course I was happy for those that fell into that category - just a bit jealous too!!). So I decided to take a break from the boards.

I can see now that I had hit the weight loss version of the "wall" that marathon runners talk about. I had some interesting conversations with my counselors who kept telling me that my problem was mental, that losing weigh was more than a series of checked off tasks. Dutifully, I spent a good deal of time thinking about how I got to where I am, why I started Medi in the first place, what my true goals are, and what was hindering my progress... all the questions that we are supposed to answer on our own. I didn't really believe the counselors about the mental thing. I thought that if I just did <insert good habit here> better or more, that everything would be fine. Not surprisingly, I didn't make much progress in the area of figuring things out. Not until a couple of weeks ago...

I had a bit of an emotional breakdown at my Medi clinic due to the gaining of a pound. It turns out that it was a breakdown that led to a breakthrough. The counselor asked the perfect questions at the perfect time. Although I spent most of the afternoon crying, I hit a point, quite suddenly, where my answers were clear. (The counselors were right about part of weight loss being mental!)

I've lost 8 pounds in the past two weeks, which is more than I lost in the entire month of August (or July for that matter). Also, for the first time in 15 years, I now weigh less than 200 pounds. Onderland is wonderful! And I've past the halfway point to my goal weight... 67 pounds gone - 65 more to go.

Most importantly, I can see the proverbial light at the end of the tunnel. It's the difference between hoping for success and knowing to your very core that you already are successful and that there is nothing left to stop you from achieving your goals. I can't help but think of the quote "We have met the enemy and he is us". It sounds dramatic, but I feel that I have met my enemy and she was me.

I say all this because I know that there are some people who have had similar experiences and others who are still waiting for their own breakthroughs. I don't know your answers, but I am now convinced that everyone's answers are out there - so don't ever stop looking. Don't ever give up on your dream. We all deserve to make our dreams happen.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:49 PM   #111
Major LCF Poster!

Sshals - What a powerful post! I agree that we have to get to our own "ready" point. I've posted this in the past, but for you and newbies here, I actually joined MWL 9/08 and was successfully (dutifully as you said) doing the program (minus the exercise) and had lost 26 lbs in about 4-4 1/2 months when a crisis occured in our family that I had to pay focused attention to and decided I didn't have the skills yet to have that emotional focus and eat right too so I really slowed down my visits and eventually regained EVERYTHING. Then, I restarted 12/28/09 and have stayed with it, going at a slower pace to let the lessons absorb and LEARN along the way, and even went to counseling. I learned I cannot be in control of everything, and when I'd previously tried and gotten frustrated I'd eat. Now I have tools I've strengthened and basically I've been reminded what I already knew: that God is faithful and I truly cannot be in "control of everything" anyways!

Congratulations on onderland!
Old 09-10-2010, 09:08 PM   #112
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
~sshals~I am so thrilled to see your post! You have learned the most important lesson of all in this program. A lesson that I have been trying to get across for well over a year. And you get it! Hurray! You will be so happy with yourself from now on. You understand the commitment on all levels! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Jo
Old 09-11-2010, 06:45 AM   #113
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: msawhitt
Stats: 220/130/145
Start Date: August 11, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by think-skinny View Post
I am kind of curious to get some opinions about the shots (MIC and the B1/B6) mainly about the B1/B6. Do you think it is really helpful? I just can't see paying an extra $10 each time for the shot.

I have been at this for a month now, and got one shot on my first visit but had the same thought as you and stopped. I've been doing fairly well, but after I got sick 2 weeks ago I started getting the B shot and have noticed a difference. It really seems to help my mood, energy, and cravings, and it helped me get over being sick very quickly. I went on a trip last weekend, and am headed on vacation next week, and adding the extra shot (I feel, anyways) gives me a bit of a boost, like a little added security. I look at it as: I am already investing so much into this, why not give it everything? I am easily saving $80 a week in what I used to eat at home/ eat out/drink, so when you consider that $10 is like 1-1/2 fast food meals (which I'm sure almost all of us were guilty of "before") which I found the money for before, I think I am going to continue taking them until I start transition (I only get this one once per week). Just my mental thoughts on it right now : )

Another option (maybe): The clinics have a supplement called Medi-bolic melts which are basically the B shot in supplement form. They are intended for maintenance, but my clinic suggested them since I will be out of town for 10 days and unable to get my shots. It is $15 for a 30 day supply, maybe you could ask them about that option? Would certainly be less expensive! As for other supplements, I get most of mine at Wal-Mart now. In fact, they have an omega supplement on sale in our area right now, $6 for a twin pack of 100 count bottles (so $6 for 200 pills). Now that my boyfriend and I are on the program together, this is a huge savings! Use the money saved to stock up on other Medi products, like their protein shakes and the bars and sauces.

lost 45 pounds in 3 months with MWL!

total loss of 90 pounds since May 2010

In maintenance : )

Last edited by msawhitt; 09-11-2010 at 06:46 AM..
Old 09-11-2010, 08:29 AM   #114
Senior LCF Member

sshals-what a wonderful post. Isn't it wonderful when it clicks for you and you just feel at peace with the WOE. Not that you won't have struggles, but you just understand what you've got to do from here on out. It is a mental thing and getting past that barrier will make a world of difference.

Debbie thanks for the advice. I think I am past the plateu now. I have lost a pound this week, and have been maintaining it for a few days now. I am on Week one eatting until tomorrow and was in trace ketosis as of this morning. YAY! I have a feeling I will see 129 next Friday at my appt. And if I do, she will put me up to 1000 calories. She said she would keep adding 200 calories every week or so, until I reached 1400, unless she saw that I was gaining again. I really feel at peace with the plan I am on right now, and I can already see results.

Here is my challege to everyone today. Make sure to get the full 128oz of fluids today. I personally try to make 64 oz of that straight water, then I usually drink a 32oz powerade zero on top of that, and I usually also drink a diet Dr. Pepper. But I start each day with just water. I get my "treat" of diet soda after I get my 64 oz of water in for the day. That has helped me get my fluids in, and I can tell on weeks that I do well in this area, I do well in the eating as well.
Old 09-11-2010, 08:33 AM   #115
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: losing in Ftm
Stats: restart Apr 2012
Start Date: 5/5/10
Sshals Thanks!!! that was a powerful post and made me think alot about this journey we are all on. By the way I still laugh about my 'happy dance' the day I hit onderland (the first time in like 15 years). It is truly a beautiful place. Last night I was so sick of the same outfits I keep wearing over and over again because I don't want to buy any until I lose my last 10-15 lbs. that I wandered into my teenage daughters room and started to search her closet for anything appropriate for her 50yr. Mom. As happy as she is for me she wasn't quite thrilled to think her Mom wanted to borrow her clothes. Think I will head to our 'nice' Goodwill this afternoon and see what I can find.
Old 09-11-2010, 01:42 PM   #116
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: afunfish
Stats: 203/158/150 5"8
WOE: Medi - Acute Phase
Hi everyone, I had my initial appointment at Medi, this past thursday and I started on Friday, and boy it was not easy. I had a get together at a bar with high school friends that couldn't make our ten year reunion. It was hard, however I attended with my best friend who I told that I went to medi and the plan and I can not drink etc. She was really supportive the whole night, making sure I was feeling ok, had water and no one pressured me to be drinking or have the bar food. We were out pretty late and I managed through it. I am so focused, I WILL NOT go off program lol!

These forums are really helpful to me, the support looks so great. I can say after just being on the plan for a day and a half, I have to applaud you all for doing the plan.
Old 09-11-2010, 02:33 PM   #117
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by afunfish View Post
Hi everyone, I had my initial appointment at Medi, this past thursday and I started on Friday, and boy it was not easy. I had a get together at a bar with high school friends that couldn't make our ten year reunion. It was hard, however I attended with my best friend who I told that I went to medi and the plan and I can not drink etc. She was really supportive the whole night, making sure I was feeling ok, had water and no one pressured me to be drinking or have the bar food. We were out pretty late and I managed through it. I am so focused, I WILL NOT go off program lol!

These forums are really helpful to me, the support looks so great. I can say after just being on the plan for a day and a half, I have to applaud you all for doing the plan.
Yay you ~ what a challenge on your very first day, and you did it!!
I practically sequestered myself the first 2 weeks, only eating what I prepared & everything was pre-planned each morning. I found it a little daunting & lonely the first couple of times I was around people who were drinking (I was a big beer drinker pre-Medi :blush & who were eating without thinking about what they put in their mouths. But it does get easier & easier with time as the weight drops & you feel better & better about yourself.
Old 09-11-2010, 03:00 PM   #118
Senior LCF Member

afunfish-congratulations on making it through the first weekend in a tough situation. If you can make it through that you can make it through anything. You're off to an amazing start. Keep it up!
Old 09-11-2010, 05:08 PM   #119
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kelly4me
Stats: Lost 53 pounds 2010, Restart 2013
WOE: MWL in 2010, Low Carb 2013
Start Date: 8/27/2010, 10/22/2013
Hi everyone. I'm on day 16 today, but I sort of feel like I'm starting back at day 1. I picked a lousy time to start Medi, but it was the day that I learned enough to have the courage to pick up the phone. In the past two weeks, I've spent the night in six different cities, with tons of hotel time. I did really well the first week (-10.9 lbs) when I had a kitchen in the room and lots of control. This past week was much more difficult. I was a guest in a friend's home and I didn't have a car. We ate in a lot of restaurants. (These trips were planned way before Medi was even a thought). I didn't gain any the second week, but I don't think I lost any and I did work very hard to make good choices when I had to pick from menus. It made me painfully aware of how many calories I would have been taking in in the past. It was scary!

One of the hardest things for me was keeping up with all of the pills. I've set alarms on my phone and today I got a seven single-day pill box with 4 sections for each individual day. I went from taking no medications at all to all of the Medi stuff, plus my new thyroid medication and Biotin to try to slow down my hair loss. It seems like every time I turn around I'm stuffing another pill in my mouth.

I also wasn't so great about drinking all of my water. I've missed one appointment and two interim shots. I did pick up some sublingual B12 while I was on the road to help keep my energy up. I'm going to do my interim shot on Tuesday and then do my regular appointment on Friday (week 3).

One of my hardest things going forward is going to be meal planning. My son is gluten/casein (dairy) free, my husband is a carb-o-holic and I need to be high protein/fruits and vegetables for life. From my reading this week, it seems that this way of eating is a perfect match for my thyroid needs - it must have been destiny! I am concerned about the thought of making three different meals every night. I've already been making 2 and 3 seems like insanity. I'm going to have to research different menus that we'll all accept and then tweak by adding certain things for each person. Hopefully I'll be able to balance that out. Does anyone else deal with kind of meal juggling?

Working on low carb lifestyle changes. I did Medi in 2010. Using their ideas to make permanent life changes on my own.

First goal: -20
Currently: -6.4
10/29: -2.2
11/5: -4.2
Old 09-12-2010, 09:50 AM   #120
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: loyemarie
Stats: 5'7"~258/226.2/170
Start Date: September 8, 2010
LOVE what Sshals wrote:

"Most importantly, I can see the proverbial light at the end of the tunnel. It's the difference between hoping for success and knowing to your very core that you already are successful and that there is nothing left to stop you from achieving your goals. I can't help but think of the quote "We have met the enemy and he is us". It sounds dramatic, but I feel that I have met my enemy and she was me."

Absolutely astounding!
Just what I need to hear - thanks Sshals for posting!

I'm on day 5. I was almost a straight carb eater , so my body has been on a revolt, but yesterday and today, I think my body has realized this is how it's gonna be!

Thanks to everyone taking the time to report successes, challenges, and even slip-ups. WE CAN DO THIS!
Closed Thread