Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2010, 09:18 AM   #61
Junior LCF Member
 
afunfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 36
Gallery: afunfish
Stats: 203/158/150 5"8
WOE: Medi - Acute Phase
Hi Everyone, I have my first visit to medi on Thursday. It has been great reading the posts in this forum, they are the reason I called and made an appointment. Looking forward to checking in with all of you.

What should I expect at my first visit? Do I need anything besides the patient registration?

Thank you
afunfish is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2010, 01:20 PM   #62
Junior LCF Member
 
soozi2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ocean Springs, MS
Posts: 11
Gallery: soozi2
Stats: 221/183/24.9 BMI
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: July 2010
Week 7

I had my week 7 weigh in today. I have lost 25 pounds (17 lbs of fat).

What suggestions do ya'll have regarding getting bored with the food we can eat?
soozi2 is offline  
Old 09-07-2010, 01:41 PM   #63
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mary T8M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Ft. Pierce, Florida
Posts: 1,406
Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
I have a question about 2 foods....both veggies. I asked the center last week, and never did get a good answer. Is okra allowed on Medi? What about edamame (soy beans like you get at a sushi place)? I'm HOPING and praying they both are
Mary T8M is offline  
Old 09-07-2010, 01:48 PM   #64
Senior LCF Member
 
irabeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 288
Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary T8M View Post
I have a question about 2 foods....both veggies. I asked the center last week, and never did get a good answer. Is okra allowed on Medi? What about edamame (soy beans like you get at a sushi place)? I'm HOPING and praying they both are
Mary, I was told that edamame is not good since it has higher sugar content than other soy nuts. I think okra is OK.
irabeslim is offline  
Old 09-07-2010, 01:54 PM   #65
Senior LCF Member
 
Charlene4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 307
Gallery: Charlene4
Stats: 154.5/135/135
WOE: vegan/vegetarian
Start Date: June 7,2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary T8M View Post
I have a question about 2 foods....both veggies. I asked the center last week, and never did get a good answer. Is okra allowed on Medi? What about edamame (soy beans like you get at a sushi place)? I'm HOPING and praying they both are
I would check with your clinic. The doctor at my clinic actually suggested that I eat edamame. I eat it dried as well as the frozen version. She suggested that I buy the frozen version which I got at Costco and they also sell at Tom Thumb. Like I said though, I would call them cause I bet everyone has a differing opinion on this one.
Charlene4 is offline  
Old 09-07-2010, 01:57 PM   #66
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mary T8M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Ft. Pierce, Florida
Posts: 1,406
Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by soozi2 View Post
I had my week 7 weigh in today. I have lost 25 pounds (17 lbs of fat).

What suggestions do ya'll have regarding getting bored with the food we can eat?
Both my DH and I go through this from time to time, and all I can say is to just keep plugging away......make sure you're getting all of your protein calories. Some days I don't think I can stand to eat another egg for breakfast no matter HOW I fix it, so I'll have leftovers from the night before, or maybe just a protein shake. Food certainly isn't as much fun as it once was, but I don't care. I'm eating to live now.....instead of living to eat! I love what Medi is helping me accomplish! I know it's hard at times but I just tell myself how much better I feel and look, so who cares if I'm bored!! That said, I've started adding pork rinds to my lunch for a different "crunch". I was eating a lot of tuna for a while, then tired of it, and right now I'm making "quesadilla" made by melting mozarella cheese (about 1/2 C) in a non stick skillet until melted and brown. Then taking it off of the heat and let it rest for about a min. Then I add whatever filling I want on one side only.....chicken & a little salsa. or LC pizza sauce and a few pieces of turkey pepperoni. or left over pork with LC BBQ sauce. OR turkey ham with mustard.....you get the idea. Then I fold it over and EAT!
Shrimp is always good for me too.......the cooked, shelled ones are frequently BOGO at my local Winn Dixie.
Good luck and keep up the great work!
__________________


Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford
Mary T8M is offline  
Old 09-07-2010, 03:59 PM   #67
Junior LCF Member
 
YankeeMom27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 50
Gallery: YankeeMom27
Stats: 181/156.8/145
WOE: Medi WeightLoss
Start Date: restart 03/29/13
Mary- your quesadillas sound delicious!! I'm going to have to try that. I tried the eggplant pizza recipe that I found on this site the other day and really enjoyed that. I also made the PB balls that Charlene wrote about- I took her advice and omitted the water and Splenda- thought they were really good too! I agree with you that now I'm eating to live, not living to eat...My DH wanted to go out for pizza tonight, but then stopped himself and said 'oh, but you can't have pizza, huh?' I told him no, but I really didn't want it anyway. Just heard a report on the news here in Tampa area that stated that Low Carb plans that included veggies had less adverse effects on the heart than low carb plans that just allowed meat, so at least we know that Medi has gotten it right!!
__________________
Heather
YankeeMom27 is offline  
Old 09-07-2010, 04:05 PM   #68
Senior LCF Member
 
malloryann11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 143
Gallery: malloryann11
Stats: 185/179.6/160
WOE: MWL
Start Date: November 3, 2009, Restart Aug. 24 2010
Played 1 hour of intense volleyball today and really felt the workout! Staying on plan really well! Making steaks with my roomie tonight!
malloryann11 is offline  
Old 09-07-2010, 08:14 PM   #69
Senior LCF Member
 
mommy2princesses's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 335
Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Hey everyone! Just wanted to check in....for some reason, life has gotten extremely busy around here the past week and its cutting into my computer time! I have time to quickly read, but no time to keep up with everyone!

Apparently though this busy week was good for weight loss - down 6 lbs today! (However, I was warned to anticipate next week being very minimal! ) I hope to say good-bye to the 190's next week, keeping fingers crossed!

Had to bring my daughter to a physical therapy appt today - she's been going weekly for about a year and half, but the receptionist I always deal with has been out on sick leave for the past 2 months. She was shocked to see me today, she actually said she wondered if maybe it was my sister bringing my daughter in (I don't have a sister!)...to quote her "Don't take this the wrong way - but you look NOTHING like you used to look". I told her that I took it as a wonderful compliment. Then tonight when I recapped that story to my mom, my daughter was hugging me around the waist and said "Mommy, I can reach my arms all the way around you and hold my own hands in the back". It was just such a sweet, innocent comment - but, yet - she sees that Mommy is getting in shape now.

And thank you to those who said unsweetened almond milk is fine - its like I've rekindled an old relationship with coffee....ah, how I missed it! I once again look forward to that morning cup!

Off to bed - it was a long day today!
__________________
~Keri

Over 100lbs. GONE FOREVER
Thanks to MWL!
8 months to Wellness....5/11/10 - 1/11/11
mommy2princesses is offline  
Old 09-07-2010, 08:17 PM   #70
Senior LCF Member
 
msawhitt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Orlando(ish), FL
Posts: 114
Gallery: msawhitt
Stats: 220/130/145
WOE: Medi
Start Date: August 11, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by soozi2 View Post
What suggestions do ya'll have regarding getting bored with the food we can eat?

If you are on there (or anyone else for that matter), Medi has a Facebook page and they post a couple of new recipes from time to time, ones that aren't on the Medi website. They just posted some delicious looking wings that are for the acute phase, and I am seriously eying them for this weekend : )


I am having a wonderful night, sitting here writing this while wearing a SMALL dress I had before I had my daughter! I also buttoned my old Hollister jeans today, and although I probably couldnt sit in them (or breathe, for that matter), buttoning them all the way is very satisfactory progress!! Tomorrow is my 1-month weight in, and I am anxious but in a good place about it (nothing like week 2 when I felt like I was going to throw up!). Even when I slip up, I do it consciously and adjust other meals and days accordingly- I know that this is how I will be successful when I am at my goal weight. For those of you who are just getting started, although I am no "expert" I can definitely say my experience has been great, and my progress so far has been worth every struggle I've gone through this month!!
__________________
Stacey

lost 45 pounds in 3 months with MWL!

total loss of 90 pounds since May 2010

In maintenance : )
msawhitt is offline  
Old 09-07-2010, 08:19 PM   #71
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mary T8M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Ft. Pierce, Florida
Posts: 1,406
Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlene4 View Post
I would check with your clinic. The doctor at my clinic actually suggested that I eat edamame. I eat it dried as well as the frozen version. She suggested that I buy the frozen version which I got at Costco and they also sell at Tom Thumb. Like I said though, I would call them cause I bet everyone has a differing opinion on this one.
I LOVE the frozen single size serving that come in a box of 6 or 8 I buy/bought from Sam's Club (I don't have the box any more). Since you have to work a little to eat them, it slows my eating down. I'll ask again tomorrow, and hope for a better answer than I got last week. They actually suggested I check a site called........you guessed it LOWCARBFRIENDS.COM!!! Otherwise I'll try them and check my ketones.
Mary T8M is offline  
Old 09-07-2010, 08:23 PM   #72
Senior LCF Member
 
msawhitt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Orlando(ish), FL
Posts: 114
Gallery: msawhitt
Stats: 220/130/145
WOE: Medi
Start Date: August 11, 2010
Another thing I have found helpful is to be sure to eat out from time to time, selecting a place you can find something Medi-friendly at. There is something about someone ELSE fixing your chicken breast that can make it go down much better. Worst-case scenario, I'll grab a grilled chicken breast piece with some green beans from KFC and avoid the skin, sometimes the extra fat and sodium are a worthwile exchange for a meal you might actually enjoy- then avoid fat and sodium for the rest of the day. Most restaurants are very good about posting detailed nutrition information online, shop around ahead of time so you can make a good choice!
msawhitt is offline  
Old 09-07-2010, 08:28 PM   #73
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mary T8M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Ft. Pierce, Florida
Posts: 1,406
Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeMom27 View Post
Mary- your quesadillas sound delicious!! I'm going to have to try that. I tried the eggplant pizza recipe that I found on this site the other day and really enjoyed that. I also made the PB balls that Charlene wrote about- I took her advice and omitted the water and Splenda- thought they were really good too! I agree with you that now I'm eating to live, not living to eat...My DH wanted to go out for pizza tonight, but then stopped himself and said 'oh, but you can't have pizza, huh?' I told him no, but I really didn't want it anyway. Just heard a report on the news here in Tampa area that stated that Low Carb plans that included veggies had less adverse effects on the heart than low carb plans that just allowed meat, so at least we know that Medi has gotten it right!!
I love them.....I found the recipe on this site. I think it's called something like "crustless quesadilla". It has really taken care of my craving for pizza. I'm really not missing sweets too much, and when I do I have some ready made SF jello with a little low fat (couldn't stand the FF) Cool Whip, or a SF soda. I also drink the flavored waters and they add a nice sweetness.
Medi has done this program even one better than that by being LOW FAT, as well as LOW CARB! I've seen the change in my DH blood work! His blood work on just low carb improved, but it's awesome on Medi! I believe that this program has added years to both of our lives (but especially HIS)
Mary T8M is offline  
Old 09-07-2010, 08:34 PM   #74
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mary T8M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Ft. Pierce, Florida
Posts: 1,406
Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2princesses View Post
Hey everyone! Just wanted to check in....for some reason, life has gotten extremely busy around here the past week and its cutting into my computer time! I have time to quickly read, but no time to keep up with everyone!

Apparently though this busy week was good for weight loss - down 6 lbs today! (However, I was warned to anticipate next week being very minimal! ) I hope to say good-bye to the 190's next week, keeping fingers crossed!

Had to bring my daughter to a physical therapy appt today - she's been going weekly for about a year and half, but the receptionist I always deal with has been out on sick leave for the past 2 months. She was shocked to see me today, she actually said she wondered if maybe it was my sister bringing my daughter in (I don't have a sister!)...to quote her "Don't take this the wrong way - but you look NOTHING like you used to look". I told her that I took it as a wonderful compliment. Then tonight when I recapped that story to my mom, my daughter was hugging me around the waist and said "Mommy, I can reach my arms all the way around you and hold my own hands in the back". It was just such a sweet, innocent comment - but, yet - she sees that Mommy is getting in shape now.

And thank you to those who said unsweetened almond milk is fine - its like I've rekindled an old relationship with coffee....ah, how I missed it! I once again look forward to that morning cup!

Off to bed - it was a long day today!
OMG Keri what a great loss this week! I'm hoping to be down a significant amount tomorrow when I weigh in.....cross your fingers for me!
I love hearing/reading stories about people noticing our hard work, and it really is the little things like your daughter's comment that means the most!
I had the same GREAT feeling the other night when I put on a new casual outfit, and watched my husband's face when he first saw me.....it was priceless! There was no faking that!
Mary T8M is offline  
Old 09-07-2010, 08:39 PM   #75
Major LCF Poster!
 
Fit2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kansas
Posts: 2,549
Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Good evening friends! I'm so glad we're all here with each other. I wrote an email to Lea and she's so swamped. Please pray for her TMJ issues too. We all miss her!

DD wrote this in her blog at the news station regarding helping others now reach their fitness goals since she's done her triathlon: "For months now, my mom back in KS has been working towards her own goal: she's hoping to soon run her first 5k. She started out by walking, then walking more and walking faster and finally incorporating some jogging. She looks better than ever and feels great and says the difference between this and every other fad she's tried is that she's working towards a specific fitness goal--not a weight loss or jean size goal." I'm so glad that she's proud of me and that she truly is credited for my fitness goal because I wanted to surprise her. On the Energy In/Energy Out thread I posted yesterday that I again jogged nonstop, 2 1/2 miles. I truly dislike the first 15-20 mins and really focus on other things so I don't talk myself into walking and turning around to go home instead. Then after a while I tell myself I'm 1/3 done, later 1/2 done, later over 1/2 done so just finish it up. Plan to progress to 3 1/2 miles just before the 5K at the end of the month (Race for the Cure)....of course I'm not actually running, I'm just jogging.

Great, I had some kind of reaction to adding something back into my allergy diet. I think it may be wheat. I hope not. Maybe it's walnuts.

Today at the hospital where I teach student nurses I wanted to have a cup of coffee, but then realized I didn't have my almond milk with me. I have been off milk and milk products for several weeks now and told I have to stay off them. So I hated it but drank 1/2 cup of black coffee with Equal -- blech!

Great job Mallory, Keri, and Soozi2. Hang in there Lins....no worries. You're still NOT gaining!
__________________
Debbie
1st: Jan '10-17.6; Feb-5.2; Mar-2; Apr-5; May-5.5; June-6.7; July-4.2; Aug-6.6. Wt 137 in Sep '10 with weight loss -53.6 lbs! After illness 8/12=192.4
Current:196.5/196/195/194/193/192/191/190/189/188/187/186/185/184/183/182/181/180/179/178/177/176
Fit2010 is offline  
Old 09-08-2010, 07:55 AM   #76
Senior LCF Member
 
msawhitt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Orlando(ish), FL
Posts: 114
Gallery: msawhitt
Stats: 220/130/145
WOE: Medi
Start Date: August 11, 2010
Debbie- running is so hard for me, too! (Mentally, I mean). I have to daydream and really focus on my breathing or else I try to talk myself into quitting 5-10 minutes early (on the treadmill). Glad I'm not the only one who does this, all of my friends rave all the time about this "runner's high" and how much fun they have while jogging....bleh! Not me!! I enjoy it because of what it does for my body, but that's about it ; )

I had an amazing weigh-in today! 3.2 pounds down, but most importantly my fat percentage is under 30%! My goal weight, I thought, was 130, but my physician said there is no way- I have too much muscle. He said 145 will be a good weight for me, and I will start transition at about 150 which is only 17 pounds away! Both him and my nutritionist agreed that if I stick strictly to the program for my entire second month, I will begin transition at the beginning of month 3. I was planning on going to Medi every week for around 6 months before I could witch to going biweekly or monthly for maintenance...I am so thrilled about this news! I agree with them too, I am back in all of my "skinny" prepregnancy (heck, pre-boyfriend) clothes, with some of them even being too big. Woo-hoo!!
msawhitt is offline  
Old 09-08-2010, 08:43 AM   #77
Senior LCF Member
 
Ortal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: CT
Posts: 305
Gallery: Ortal
Stats: 184/138/120 5'5"
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 4/26/2010
still stuck at 140 based on home scale. I hope Im at least toning, cause Ive been working out like a maniac, both weights and cardio , since hitting this plateau.

Hope everyone is having a nice, low carb day take care
Ortal is offline  
Old 09-08-2010, 09:29 AM   #78
Senior LCF Member
 
lins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Missouri
Posts: 607
Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
I was at 131lbs this morning which was a -1lb loss this week, and I am officially in transition. I am not as happy about it as I thought I would be because I really want to see the 120's but she told me I may still lose a few pounds even when I am in transition and into maintance. So that's that. I'm an crazy buy lately so I don't have time to talk just wanted to jump on and update.
lins is offline  
Old 09-08-2010, 10:28 AM   #79
Senior LCF Member
 
malloryann11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 143
Gallery: malloryann11
Stats: 185/179.6/160
WOE: MWL
Start Date: November 3, 2009, Restart Aug. 24 2010
Broke through the 180's!!!!! So happy about this!
Back to pilates today maybe ride the indoor bike we are getting the tail end of what ever this hurricane is named.
I have decided to get a trainer starting Oct 1 with my friend so I want to lose a good amount of weight by then so I can get lean and sculpted.
malloryann11 is offline  
Old 09-08-2010, 02:57 PM   #80
Junior LCF Member
 
Sunflower531's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: KS
Posts: 45
Gallery: Sunflower531
Stats: 169/143/125
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 4/14/14
Back from Vacation...weighed in today -2 lbs.

17 lbs. to go to goal weight.
Sunflower531 is offline  
Old 09-08-2010, 03:53 PM   #81
Senior LCF Member
 
mommy2princesses's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 335
Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by lins View Post
I was at 131lbs this morning which was a -1lb loss this week, and I am officially in transition. I am not as happy about it as I thought I would be because I really want to see the 120's but she told me I may still lose a few pounds even when I am in transition and into maintance. So that's that. I'm an crazy buy lately so I don't have time to talk just wanted to jump on and update.
Lins - Cheer up girl, look how far you've come!!! Never mind the weight you've lost - think about how you've changed your body, your health, your ability to RUN, and the inspiration you are giving to your little girls to stay fit through life. Since I've been on this site, I feel like everyone who gets to transition/maintenance always ends up losing more. You have been struggling for so long with 500 calories and your body needing more - and the guilt associated with that - you NEED to be in transistion now. Your body will find its healthy weight...trust it. And I am sure the more you run and the more you tone up, you are building more muscle....its not 131 lbs of fat!! Ok, that was my pep talk for you!!!
mommy2princesses is offline  
Old 09-08-2010, 05:11 PM   #82
Senior LCF Member
 
dodgern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Matthews,NC
Posts: 217
Gallery: dodgern
Stats: 236/150.6/140- now on maintenance
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 2/26/09
Hey lins.....

I agree with Keri whole heartedly!!!!!

You've come a long way baby and don't you forget it!!!!!!
You've got to let yourself be happy with your accomplishment or you will eat yourself up (pardon the expression ).I've lost 100lbs and I will NEVER be a model or even be able to wear a bikini BUT I know how much I've improved my health!!!
I've done a lot of wear and tear on my poor old body....I have sagging skin,I have stretch marks, I have boobs that will never ever be perky...ss for TMI all BUT I've resigned myself to the fact that I'll always look great in clothes but never ever nekked :blush: BUT my hubby loves me the way I am ( thank God for small mercies).
The whole body image thing needs to get straightened out in your mind AND your
We have to deal with the fact that we'll never be able to start new.....

I'm so proud of you...all of you to be honest!!!! This is a very difficult diet to be on and the fact that you're all sticking with it and wanting to get healthy is a wonderful thing!!!!!

PLEASE...let yourselves enjoy your efforts and your accomplishments!!!!

NEVER let you think that your not achieving your goals...YOU ARE!!!!!!

God Bless

cindy
dodgern is offline  
Old 09-08-2010, 05:28 PM   #83
Major LCF Poster!
 
Fit2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kansas
Posts: 2,549
Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
i concur with Keri!
Fit2010 is offline  
Old 09-08-2010, 08:07 PM   #84
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Thorndale, PA
Posts: 14
Gallery: Sara0621
Stats: 225(highest)/188.2(start @MWL)/171.6/145
WOE: MWL
Mary- My clinic said edamame was ok. I eat it with a pinch of salt sometimes in the evening if I am missing chips or something salty while reading or whatever...

BUT NEVER BEFORE A WEIGH IN because salt is my enemy!! (I'm just really sensitive to anything with sodium. No deli meat, no turkey bacon, no turkey sausage, no turkey pepperoni... it's tough to find quick proteins that aren't full of sodium!!

The PA at the clinic told me to count the edamame as part of the protein count. I also use it when I'm "behind" in protein for a day... It's been fine, hasn't knocked me out of ketosis so far.
Sara0621 is offline  
Old 09-09-2010, 05:17 AM   #85
Senior LCF Member
 
Ortal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: CT
Posts: 305
Gallery: Ortal
Stats: 184/138/120 5'5"
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 4/26/2010
I kind of feel like I cant justify going to meetings anymore at 70$ a pop for not getting results. I dont get Phentermine anymore and the stay slim doesnt do it for me. I took 2 weeks off for financial reasons but have still been religiously journoling, but not losing. It seriously depresses me that this is the amount I may need to eat in order to maintain my weight, since Ive only been maintaining. In theory, eating 800 cals a day I should see a 1-2 lb weight loss by now. But nope. 140-142, always. I know my body is fine now, Im at 21% body fat, but I want to get to my goal and not settle because things got hard. I am thinking of having one more meeting with the counselor tonight and see what she has to say after she sees my food. I cant see myself eating less considering the amount I exersize. I also know that even if I switched plans (like going to weight watchers) I wouldnt go nuts and eat carbs. I cant ever go back to that, my lifestyle is too different now and what was once a diet is now a habit (isnt it nice??)

Any advice from ladies here that had a hard time with the last ten pounds? Debbie, we had similar stats but you made goal, any word?

Thank you
__________________
--Ortal--
This too shall pass

Mini Goal - 130 by 10/30
Ultimate Goal - 120 by the end of the year.
Ortal is offline  
Old 09-09-2010, 06:18 AM   #86
Senior LCF Member
 
irabeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 288
Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ortal View Post
I kind of feel like I cant justify going to meetings anymore at 70$ a pop for not getting results. I dont get Phentermine anymore and the stay slim doesnt do it for me. I took 2 weeks off for financial reasons but have still been religiously journoling, but not losing. It seriously depresses me that this is the amount I may need to eat in order to maintain my weight, since Ive only been maintaining. In theory, eating 800 cals a day I should see a 1-2 lb weight loss by now. But nope. 140-142, always. I know my body is fine now, Im at 21% body fat, but I want to get to my goal and not settle because things got hard. I am thinking of having one more meeting with the counselor tonight and see what she has to say after she sees my food. I cant see myself eating less considering the amount I exersize. I also know that even if I switched plans (like going to weight watchers) I wouldnt go nuts and eat carbs. I cant ever go back to that, my lifestyle is too different now and what was once a diet is now a habit (isnt it nice??)

Any advice from ladies here that had a hard time with the last ten pounds? Debbie, we had similar stats but you made goal, any word?

Thank you

Ortal, 800 calories that you are eating include protein and carbs or 800 cal of protein plus carbs? If i800 cal is all you are eating and exercising - it may be too little and your body thinks "you are in a famine" and conserving everything. My mom due to medical situation has been eating no more than 500 cal for the past 20 years or more (this what she eats every day - 1/2 cup cottage cheese, banana, 1/2 cup oatmeal or 1 potato, cup of vegetable soup, may be an apple and piece of cheese, coffee and milk, no meats, fish, eggs, etc) and she is not losing! She stays at 125 lb for years. So I think her body got used to it and conserving everything, every little thing, and stays in balance. Many people wrote about jolting your body by going into "cheat" days and then back to strict days. Definitely works for me. I understand it is a scary thing and takes a lot of discipline. Have you tried that?

Also even you are not taking phetermine, your clinic is charging you $70? It is because you are still not in transition? Would they charge you less if you are officially in transition and not taking AS? Trying to understand how to talk to my clinic - I am also reaching the far end of what I can spend on this.
__________________
Irina

"Nothing tastes better than thin feels"
-------------------
Was in wellness!
Restart on 04/05/11 to lose 15 gained lb
253/148/140
irabeslim is offline  
Old 09-09-2010, 06:43 AM   #87
Senior LCF Member
 
Ortal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: CT
Posts: 305
Gallery: Ortal
Stats: 184/138/120 5'5"
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 4/26/2010
I always paid 70 a week (Im still in acute). Before I could justify this to myself by saying at least Im getting awesome results and the PHentermine, but now I am not. At my weight, honestly, I dont expect to loose much each week, but I want to see some results.

Those calories are total for the day. This includes the cheese, nuts, veggies, occasional coffee with skim milk, very occasional fruit. Everything else is protein. I have days I go into the 900s. Usually I work out and the 'net' is like 7-800. This is how I lost all the weight, and I know that at less weight Im not going to be able to get away with a lot in terms of cheating

I guess I have to go back to being super strict and do more protein, but its hard without the appetite suppressants. I eat my share of miracle noodles. Again I am very blessed to have come this far but Idont want to quit when Im so close.

Last edited by Ortal; 09-09-2010 at 06:44 AM..
Ortal is offline  
Old 09-09-2010, 08:00 AM   #88
Junior LCF Member
 
YankeeMom27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 50
Gallery: YankeeMom27
Stats: 181/156.8/145
WOE: Medi WeightLoss
Start Date: restart 03/29/13
Just came back from my Week 6 weigh-in- only down 1.6lbs, but it was all fat and at least it is still a loss! THE best feeling was pulling on a pair of capri jeans today and realizing that they were a size 8!!!

FYI- don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but was checking my ketones for the past week and getting a negative reading. I decided to buy a new bottle of ketostix to see if maybe there was a problem with my old bottle. Well, sure enough, that was it! I was keeping them in the bathroom and I guess with the higher humidity in there, the sticks were ruined. So just remember to keep the lid on tight and/or don't leave your Ketostix in the bathroom!
YankeeMom27 is offline  
Old 09-09-2010, 08:26 AM   #89
Senior LCF Member
 
AnnK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: SC
Posts: 265
Gallery: AnnK
Stats: 5'2" 130/127/115
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 7/19/10 and 8/27/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeMom27 View Post
Just came back from my Week 6 weigh-in- only down 1.6lbs, but it was all fat and at least it is still a loss! THE best feeling was pulling on a pair of capri jeans today and realizing that they were a size 8!!!

FYI- don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but was checking my ketones for the past week and getting a negative reading. I decided to buy a new bottle of ketostix to see if maybe there was a problem with my old bottle. Well, sure enough, that was it! I was keeping them in the bathroom and I guess with the higher humidity in there, the sticks were ruined. So just remember to keep the lid on tight and/or don't leave your Ketostix in the bathroom!
Thanks for the tip!! ~ I hope that's my issue, because my sticks have been reading negative for 3 days... I'll check with my clinic today since I have an appointment.
AnnK is offline  
Old 09-09-2010, 08:32 AM   #90
Senior LCF Member
 
SonoRoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 190
Gallery: SonoRoo
Stats: 5'1" ~ 187.6/162/115
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: May 20, 2010
Hey guys, posted this on the plateau thread, but probably should put it here. Sorry I have been absent.

Ok, quick update since I have been gone. I am still on MWL, still doing well. Weight loss is slow for me but not because of the diet. I have not been exercising like I should because my job has taken over my life. I have been on call non-stop because we only have one prn call tech and she let her cpr lapse so the hospital won't let her work and since she is working a temp job she is ok with that leaving us to work 24/7. I am exhausted and I have been eating odd hours. I have not stuck as closely to the diet as I should have. I have had good weight losses the last two weeks but only water weight. My fat weight has gone up slightly. I have a sinking feeling that my weight loss today will probably not be great and may even be a gain. It makes me unhappy but I understand exactly why. I am extremely tired and I have been loathe to leave my position in the hospital but I am applying for a new position in an outpatient imaging clinic with the possibility of just taking call to continue my work with neonatal neurology and pregnant moms in the hospital.

I know I will be disappointed with my results this week, but I am struggling to get back on track. My 35th birthday is tomorrow and my hubby leaves back for South Korea for the month, so maybe without all the distractions I can get back on track.
__________________
Shelley



Do Over Mini Goal: at or below 160 before May

Last edited by SonoRoo; 09-09-2010 at 08:38 AM..
SonoRoo is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:12 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.