Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2010, 11:39 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Charlene - Ok, good to know someone has used it in acute...I bought the unsweetened vanilla this morning when I went grocery shopping. Hadn't thought about using it in a protein shake (I pretty much ruled those out because I hated them with water, but I might as well try it again.).

Its a yucky rainy day here (we're getting the rain/wind associated with Hurricane Earl) and I may go make myself a nice cup of coffee and try some in it!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-2010, 11:59 AM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Charlene4
Stats: 154.5/135/135
WOE: vegan/vegetarian
Start Date: June 7,2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2princesses View Post
Charlene - Ok, good to know someone has used it in acute...I bought the unsweetened vanilla this morning when I went grocery shopping. Hadn't thought about using it in a protein shake (I pretty much ruled those out because I hated them with water, but I might as well try it again.).

Its a yucky rainy day here (we're getting the rain/wind associated with Hurricane Earl) and I may go make myself a nice cup of coffee and try some in it!
I would DIE without protein shakes. They are my favorite!!! I use either Aria vanilla soy blend protein (80 calories) or MRM rich vanilla (87 calories), 8oz of unsweetened almond breeze (40) and about 3/4 (or more) of an ice cube tray worth of ice and I flavor them up with extracts like banana, vanilla or sometimes a little PB2 or unsweetened cocoa powder. I eat these for breakfast about 4-5 days of the week and they are like milkshakes!
Old 09-03-2010, 01:24 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nance7 View Post
Congratulations, AnnK! I knew you when! When you were just starting out. Isn't this just amazing?

Ortal, thanks for the pics. You look amazing.

Irabeslim, wow--over 100 lbs!

YankeeMom27, you are doing so well!

Stacey, I think that DH means "Dear Husband" and DD means "Darling Daughter", but someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm headed out of town on Sat. for a week in an oceanfront beach cottage in NC, almost to the SC line. Since we will be with a group in one big house, my eating is going to be a challenge. I think I will do fine--it's just keeping everybody else from asking "Is that all you're eating?" "Aren't you going to eat any of this?" etc. Wish me luck!

Nancy, good luck staying on the plan while you are away! I am away this weekeend visiting my son's family with 2 adorable 13months twins. My daugter-in-law is a great cook and baker. It will be difficult not to indulge. I got all my Medi stuff with me, I just need to make I eat it. So I need that "good luck" think too
Old 09-03-2010, 01:29 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlene4 View Post
I would DIE without protein shakes. They are my favorite!!! I use either Aria vanilla soy blend protein (80 calories) or MRM rich vanilla (87 calories), 8oz of unsweetened almond breeze (40) and about 3/4 (or more) of an ice cube tray worth of ice and I flavor them up with extracts like banana, vanilla or sometimes a little PB2 or unsweetened cocoa powder. I eat these for breakfast about 4-5 days of the week and they are like milkshakes!
I think thats my issue - I've never been able to find a way I like them. I have a chocolate shake and a fruit one (passion fruit??). My brother talked me into which ones to buy - he chugs it down and could care less about how it tastes, to him its all about which one has maximum whey isolate protein vs. low calorie/low carb/low fat. I need it to at least taste somewhat decent too! I will try it again though with the almond breeze.

I just made the cheesecake bites - they are sitting in my freezer right now. We have a cook out to go to Sunday and when I called today to see what I could bring - she said desserts, more specifically - if I could go to this bakery that is filled with LOTS of to-die-for treats. So, I'm trying these cheesecake bites today - and if they're really good I may bring them along too (so at least if I start drooling over everyone else eating desserts from the bakery, I'll have something to go munch on!). I was afraid to do Fiber 1 cereal in acute - so I ground up some almonds for a crust. Fingers crossed it tastes good!

Over 100lbs. GONE FOREVER
Thanks to MWL!
8 months to Wellness....5/11/10 - 1/11/11
Old 09-03-2010, 01:34 PM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Quote:
Quick question for all the experts.....Almond Milk, OK in acute phase? (Not to drink a glass of, but more to put in my coffee...I don't like the SF coffee mate). And if its ok - which one? Unsweetened? Original? Vanilla flavored?

Thanks all!
Unsweetened Almond Milk is fine in acute and is a staple in my house. I personally like the vanilla, and if you add the Walden Farms chocolate syrup it is wonderful. I've also used it to make SF pudding, but you have to add guar gum or xanthan gum to get it to thicken.
Old 09-03-2010, 01:46 PM   #36
Senior LCF Member

I got like a mad scientist with the protein shake making at first because I thought the whole idea was nasty. I couldn't bring myself to eat or drink something that didn't taste really good when I was getting so few calories per day..you need to make every choice a good (tasting) one. That's why I went with the vanilla because that way you can flavor it however you want. The MRM has a taste that is incredible! It's really creamy.

Susie, adding the gum to the pudding is a perfect idea! I can't believe I hadn't thought of that before. I tried to make some and it never really set properly....this is definately the answer.

maintenance
Old 09-03-2010, 06:31 PM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Nance7
Stats: 5'3" 165/125/135 Restart 7/9/12 at 142
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 5/31/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by irabeslim View Post
Nancy, good luck staying on the plan while you are away! I am away this weekeend visiting my son's family with 2 adorable 13months twins. My daugter-in-law is a great cook and baker. It will be difficult not to indulge. I got all my Medi stuff with me, I just need to make I eat it. So I need that "good luck" think too
Thanks, Irina. Have a wonderful time, loving on those precious babies. Good luck staying on plan. Just look at how far you've come.

AND NOW FOR ALL MY PEANUT BUTTER-LOVING BUDDIES OUT THERE: There is a (new?) kind of peanut butter called "Naturally More" (Walmart carries it; I haven't seen it anywhere else). It has more protein, a few less calories, less fat, flaxseeds (for a little crunch), flax oil, egg whites, more fiber. For 2 Tb., it has: 169 calories, 10 g protein, 8 g carbs, but 4 g fiber, 130 mg sodium, 0 g trans fat. I just tried it, and I think it is GOOD! Let me know what you think.
Old 09-03-2010, 08:52 PM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
I've had a couple of interesting days. I decided that one day this weekend I'd do a planned day of increased carbs, followed by 2 - 3 days of week 1 (protein only). The last time I did this I dropped 5 pounds! I'm still losing but feel like I'm at a standstill, and feel bloaty.
Instead of getting to pick which day I had my "cheat", I had it thrown at me. I was tired and stopped at Walmart to buy Almond milk, and decided to get one of the 2 liter bottles of generic Dr. Pepper. The next day (yesterday) I had two BIG glasses of it. I woke up during the night, and was really thirsty, and while I was getting water out of the fridge I looked at the bottle and realized that it was REGULAR soda, NOT diet! Needless to say I'm no longer in ketosis, so today did all protein! I'll continue with all protein through the weekend....not really what I wanted to do, but oh well
We have tickets to see Toby Keith tomorrow in West Palm should be fun even without going out to dinner like we had planned

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford
Old 09-03-2010, 08:55 PM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsjx View Post
Wow!! What a difference muscle make. At 203 lb I was a size 14. I have always worked out so I guess that may be the difference. I love strength training and I build muscles quickly. I prefer strength training over cardio but I do incorporate both.
Being only 5'2" I've lost 55 pounds and weigh 173, and yet I'm still wearing size 16, and even a couple of 18's
Old 09-03-2010, 09:08 PM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lins View Post
I ate 645 protein calories today, and drank 120oz of water. I also ran 4 miles. I weight 132lbs, and wear a size 6, yet I am still stressed out about my weight, and I am dreading going to weigh-in tomorrow. Something about all of that just doesn't seem right to me. For those of you who belive in prayer, I could really use some. Feeling totally frustrated tonight.
I just read a report from a sports physiologist, who said that exercising every day, doesn't work even if you change up your routine, because your body adjusts to the burning of calories (however they're burned), so the exercise becomes less effective. I was taking it the same way I looked at the planned cheat day.....it kind of reboots the weightloss. He said he had several clients who had "stalled".....one was trying to build up endurance for a race, another was trying to aid weightloss, and the third was trying to build muscle. He insisted that all not exercise at all for 3 - 4 days, then go back to where they left off, and they each got back to making progress again.
Do you think that taking a break from exercise would reboot your body and make losing the last little bit any easier? Just a thought! I'm certainly no expert (and I don't even play one on TV) but you seem so stressed.....
I'm not trying to step on your toes, I just thought I'd share what I read.
Old 09-04-2010, 03:51 AM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nsjx
Stats: 203.5/159/159 - maintenance
WOE: medi
Start Date: April 17, 2010
Went to the store yesterday and fitted in a size 6 skirt. The 8 was too big!! I am tickled pink!!
Old 09-04-2010, 05:42 AM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kelly4me
Stats: Lost 53 pounds 2010, Restart 2013
WOE: MWL in 2010, Low Carb 2013
Start Date: 8/27/2010, 10/22/2013
Hey everyone - I'm going to be out of town this week and I am going to mis both my mid-week shot (missed that last week, too) and my regular appointment and shot. I got the two weeks of AS already, so that piece is taken care of. Any energy tips for the period until I can get back and get the shots?
Old 09-04-2010, 05:43 AM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kelly4me
Stats: Lost 53 pounds 2010, Restart 2013
WOE: MWL in 2010, Low Carb 2013
Start Date: 8/27/2010, 10/22/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsjx View Post
Went to the store yesterday and fitted in a size 6 skirt. The 8 was too big!! I am tickled pink!!
Congrats! Size changes are such a huge mental boost. I can't wait to go through my first one.
Old 09-04-2010, 06:15 AM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
I had a 45 minute talk with my doctor at the clinic yesterday and she made me feel so much better. She said she doesn't recommend this to everyone but she that it works for me. So she once again recommened that I have a cheat meal with dessert and all and then do 4 days of only protein, and see what happens. I went out for a date last night with my dh and took her advice. I ordered what I wanted, including dessert and today is day one of only protein. She also told me to not run for a week or so, but switch and do some other kind of execise like biking or swimming.

Basically we talked about me going in to maintaince. But I still have a BMI of 25.1 and she agreed that I would always be bothered by that. She thinks I will be happier (and I agree) if I do one last really hard push to get into the 120's and get my BMI down to healthy. She gave me 2 weeks to work as hard at is as I can and see what happens, and then she wants me in transition. But she just felt that if I don't make a hard effort myself to reach my goal, then I wouldn't ever really be happy with myself. I think she has me begged.

So today is the start of 2 weeks of crack down for me. Wish me luck!
Old 09-04-2010, 08:32 AM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: losing in Ftm
Stats: restart Apr 2012
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 5/5/10
Ok Here's my story. I was really getting into exercise (like every day HARD) plus I work in a restaraunt so I am never not moving for 10 hrs a day. I felt great and for the first 2 months I continued to lose. But then my weightloss slowed to 1 - 2 lbs a week if that,and I found myself getting very frustrated. I had been reading this site all along and kept hearing different people talk about how they were going through the same thing (or close to it). So instead of changed my food and having a "cheat" I changed my exercise. Maybe because my job is so physical I found when I went to working out three times a week and maybe just take a stroll at night, not really to burn calories, I jump started my loss again. I've decided to take this approach until I reach goal (15 more lbs). And then step up my old routine to help with overall toning in transition and maintainence.
Old 09-04-2010, 09:05 AM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Nance!!!!!-I was at Wal-Mart yesterday and tried not to even go near the peanut butter. I hardly ever go to Wal-Mart because the one near my house is across from Cowboys Stadium and there is always lots of traffic. Lucky me, I live right by a football stadium, baseball field (TX Rangers), Six Flags and Hurricane Harbor....so pretty much, nightmarish traffic ALL YEAR LONG. Anyway, currently I have: Our delicious Kroger PB, Maranatha Almond Butter, Jif (I use for PB protein balls), PB2 and Fitnutz (similiar to PB2) in the house. I hoard nut butters!!!! :blush: I will have to try this one though, sounds so good and it's always nice to save a few calories and get extra protein!! I am also making homemade PB on Tuesday to take to work for me and my managers b-day party....(along with a red velvet cake and brownies from scratch), the PB will keep me away from the sweets.

Kelly-I frequently miss my mid-week shots due to lack of time and I take sublingual B-12 (make sure it's sugar-free, not all of them are) each day and a b-6 supplement as well. I get them both at Target because they have the best prices short of buying them online. I find them to work just fine.

Mary-I'm thinking there is some truth to the exercise thing. I work out at least 6 days a week at moderate to high intensity. I usually do 30-60 minutes of cardio and at least 20 minutes of weights and various ab exercises. I started toning up fairly quickly which I am assuming is because I used to be in shape...muscle memory or whatever. I also have a job that is very physical for at least 2 hours each morning. I think it might be time to scale back for a few days. It's hard (mentally) for me to force myself to take a day off....I maintained my weight for my first week of transition (weighed in yesterday) but the scale showed that I had actually gained a very slight amount of fat. Not what I was trying to accomplish. I'm thinking I might try to do protein only for 2-3 days and NOT workout and see what happens. I don't go back to the clinic for 2 weeks. Did you find the report you read online? I'm gonna do a search right now and see what I can come up with. I am a research junkie.
Old 09-04-2010, 03:44 PM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dodgern
Stats: 236/150.6/140- now on maintenance
Start Date: 2/26/09
Just out of curiosity...has anyone been watching Too Fat For Fifteen?

It's a really great show...wish they had this when I was 15!!!!!

Y'all are doing great!!! Keep up the good work.

Those plateauing....keep in mind the changes in diet and exercise....it DOES work!!!!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!!!

cindy
Old 09-04-2010, 10:15 PM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Quote:
Quick question for all the experts.....Almond Milk, OK in acute phase? (Not to drink a glass of, but more to put in my coffee...I don't like the SF coffee mate). And if its ok - which one? Unsweetened? Original? Vanilla flavored?

Thanks all!
Hi Keri,
Since I had to stop using my half-n-half (per allergist), I've been using unsweetend almond milk. Still not my favorite, but I'm getting used to it.
Old 09-05-2010, 09:10 AM   #49
Senior LCF Member

ugh, I am one of the lucky few that is STUCK AT WORK today. I usually work on Sundays though....at least I get tomorrow off. Anyway....quick question(s)...Anyone have any yucky side effects from medications. The reason I ask is: On Thursday, I went to the doctor for my yearly physical. I had to do a urine sample and she found that I had a UTI. I actually didn't even notice until the next day, so I'm glad she checked. Also, she said I had some sinus inflammation and told me to get some Zrytec or Claritin-D. I got the Claritin-D which I haven't used before. I was also given an Rx for Macrobid (Nitrofurantoin) for the UTI. I began taking both in the afternoon on Thursday. Friday, I went to Medi for my appt and I was maintaining my weight from last week. They upped my calories and took my AS down to one a day, which is fine cause I've been forgetting to take it anyway. So...I'm trying to get to the point but I babble too much...Friday afternoon, I felt super bloated and tired and just YUCK! I didn't have much of an appetite so I ended up consuming approximately 800-900 calories of mainly protein. I worked out, like usual and drank a little extra water. Saturday, I woke up and couldn't resist the urge to weigh myself and the scale said I was up 5 pounds from Friday mornings weigh in!! 5 freakin' pounds! My belly is all distended and I feel really puffy all over (mainly tummy and legs). I am also freakishly tired, a little bit dizzy and headachy. This morning, I weighed again and now I am only up 2.5 pounds from Friday (ate about 1000 cals on Saturday)...so I know some of the weight was prob water. Anyway...I'm sure I am just overreacting (as I usually do) but I'm wondering if anyone else had taken any type of antibiotic or allergy medicine and had similar side effects?? I highly doubt it's the Claritin but I started taking both at the same time so, who knows. I would blame these symptoms on increasing my carbs because of transition but I have felt too crappy to experiment with adding carbs...I have pretty much been eating like acute, just a little more. Ugh. Gosh, that was long...
Old 09-05-2010, 10:41 AM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: suzanna1
Stats: 215/162.5/149 5'8" 38 years old
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinic
Charlene ~ With any infection in the body, there is the possibility of some systematic edema or swelling. As the infection is treated, the swelling will go away. Your tiredness may also be due to your infection. You body is working hard to defeat this bacterial invasion.

Drink lots of water and give yourself permission to rest and recuperate. If you stay on plan, your weight is going to settle back where it was in a day or 2.

I hope you feel better quickly.

Suzanna
Old 09-05-2010, 11:54 AM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanna1 View Post
Charlene ~ With any infection in the body, there is the possibility of some systematic edema or swelling. As the infection is treated, the swelling will go away. Your tiredness may also be due to your infection. You body is working hard to defeat this bacterial invasion.

Drink lots of water and give yourself permission to rest and recuperate. If you stay on plan, your weight is going to settle back where it was in a day or 2.

I hope you feel better quickly.

Suzanna
It just helps to hear it from someone else. I haven't been sick in any way since starting medi so I didn't know what to expect. I am not too knowledgeable when it comes to human illness/treatment...more familiar with animal illness but unfortunately, I don't know any pets that are on a weight loss pla. Hopefully I will start to de-puff soon.
Old 09-05-2010, 05:33 PM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

You may want to add probiotics and yogurt to keep yourself from intestinal over response to the antibiotic causing yeast overgrowth because it's not kept in check now that the antibiotics are killing off the good and bad bacteria. The good bacteria helps with your digestion. The bad bacteria is causing your UTI and possible sinus problems. Other than the yogurt you may want to avoid simple carbohydrates. Avoid fruit (fructose) feeds the yeast - it causes inflammation when the good bacteria is killed off by antibiotics. Your body is working to fight infection, and when you think about it you have inflammation going on in your bladder, sinuses, and now your intestines. Probably best to NOT exercise right now; I would think not for about three days. Let your infections have the calories/energy to heal, if you rob those calories by spending them on your muscles for a workout then you will feel even MORE tired from the infection.

Hope you feel better soon!
Old 09-06-2010, 05:59 AM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlene4 View Post
Nance!!!!!-I was at Wal-Mart yesterday and tried not to even go near the peanut butter. I hardly ever go to Wal-Mart because the one near my house is across from Cowboys Stadium and there is always lots of traffic. Lucky me, I live right by a football stadium, baseball field (TX Rangers), Six Flags and Hurricane Harbor....so pretty much, nightmarish traffic ALL YEAR LONG. Anyway, currently I have: Our delicious Kroger PB, Maranatha Almond Butter, Jif (I use for PB protein balls), PB2 and Fitnutz (similiar to PB2) in the house. I hoard nut butters!!!! :blush: I will have to try this one though, sounds so good and it's always nice to save a few calories and get extra protein!! I am also making homemade PB on Tuesday to take to work for me and my managers b-day party....(along with a red velvet cake and brownies from scratch), the PB will keep me away from the sweets.

Kelly-I frequently miss my mid-week shots due to lack of time and I take sublingual B-12 (make sure it's sugar-free, not all of them are) each day and a b-6 supplement as well. I get them both at Target because they have the best prices short of buying them online. I find them to work just fine.

Mary-I'm thinking there is some truth to the exercise thing. I work out at least 6 days a week at moderate to high intensity. I usually do 30-60 minutes of cardio and at least 20 minutes of weights and various ab exercises. I started toning up fairly quickly which I am assuming is because I used to be in shape...muscle memory or whatever. I also have a job that is very physical for at least 2 hours each morning. I think it might be time to scale back for a few days. It's hard (mentally) for me to force myself to take a day off....I maintained my weight for my first week of transition (weighed in yesterday) but the scale showed that I had actually gained a very slight amount of fat. Not what I was trying to accomplish. I'm thinking I might try to do protein only for 2-3 days and NOT workout and see what happens. I don't go back to the clinic for 2 weeks. Did you find the report you read online? I'm gonna do a search right now and see what I can come up with. I am a research junkie.
Charlene, actually I read it at the chiropractors office, while waiting for my sister in law. It was in a runners magazine......while I'm NOT a runner, it was the only magazine that wasn't AARP and I'm NOT ready for that!
Old 09-06-2010, 06:19 AM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

I just wanted to let you all know I posted pictures on my profile (or did I already write that?) I'm not feeling well at all today.....had a migraine last night, that has dragged out to today. It's the first one I've had in over a year, and I feel really crappy! I thought just reading these BB's would help me feel better, but my tolerance for interuption from my family is VERY low, and they are all driving me nuts.
I'm usually VERY good natured, but today.......not so much! Think I'll go lock myself away in the bathroom, for a little peace!
Old 09-06-2010, 04:28 PM   #55
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: YankeeMom27
Stats: 181/156.8/145
WOE: Medi WeightLoss
Start Date: restart 03/29/13
I decided to go through my closets and drawers to sort out my clothes that no longer fit. I filled three garbage bags full of clothes which made me very happy, but ashamed at the same time when I realized how MUCH I have. I found so many clothes with the tags still on them!!! My first stop tomorrow morning after taking the kids to school is to Goodwill to drop off the clothes so someone else can hopefully use them.
Old 09-06-2010, 06:59 PM   #56
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: shaykinumoff
Stats: 172/154/125
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 6/29/10
Struggling in September...

Ok so I started back @the end of June @ 172.. got down to 158.8 and fell off.. then started again @ 168 and got down to 154.. and fell off.. now i'm back to about 161-162 and I really want to do good, I'm just having such a hard time and it's making me depressed which obviously makes me want to eat more.. Anyone have any advice? I plan on starting back again tomorrow.. I just have the hardest time sticking to it. Help? My goal weight is around 125.
Old 09-06-2010, 07:17 PM   #57
Major LCF Poster!

Write down WHY you want to lose weight. And not just so you can fit into a certain size. What do you dislike about being 172, or 168, or 161? Why do you persist to even try?

I wrote down how my body felt. I had back aches, knee pain, indigestion, had just been diagnosed with insulin resistance, in a family of diabetics, I was missing out on precious time with my adult daughters when they went on walks with their daddy because I was too overweight and short of breath to keep up at that pace, and I was tired of being out of control of my emotions. Medi works. But more than anything else having this LCF site helped me due to accountability. When you want to stop...keep on writing what you ate. Don't excuse it or tempt anyone else, just be honest that you ate it. And, if your clinic nurse/nutritionist will do it for you, ask them to take a photo of you with your camera from behind in jeans and black bra now and every 15 lbs lost. You WILL see your inches disappear and cannot lie to yourself that it doesn't matter. It really is there and needs to be lowered to a safer BMI.

Also, look through the books and blogs thread we have here to get suggestions. It's a struggle we've all faced, and you have to own it in order to succeed.

Stay with it. Just say no to fall off options! Good luck
Old 09-06-2010, 07:17 PM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: malloryann11
Stats: 185/179.6/160
Start Date: November 3, 2009, Restart Aug. 24 2010
Got through this weekend without a slip up! Lost 2 pounds hopeful for more throughout the week
Old 09-07-2010, 04:12 AM   #59
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnK
Stats: 5'2" 133/133/115
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 7/22/14
For the first time in my 7 weeks with Medi, I'm out of ketosis this morning.. Guess I overdid it a little... had a couple of chicken strips (fried) at a Bluegrass festival Sunday (after eating 4 BBQ'd ribs), then was hungry all day yesterday, so I had extra snacks (altho healthy ones). I'm grumpy, tired & mad at myself. Got up & worked out hard at Curves today & am determined to stick to the rules this week.... I know a lot of you have been through this, and I know that I shouldn't beat myself up... but who else can I blame??
Hope everyone had a great Labor Day weekend!
Old 09-07-2010, 07:59 AM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
I am still at the same weight for the third week in a row. I go to my appt tomorrow to find out what they want me to do. I still want to lose more weight, and still think I need to (still have a 25.1 BMI), but I am tired of being grumpy about my weight every day, and so is my hubby. I just need to be content with my 133, and size 6 jeans.
Closed Thread