Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2010, 05:48 AM   #391
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
Not off to a great start this morning. I went to the grocery super early and avoided the fresh donuts although they smelled soooooooooo good. I was happy with myself. But then I came home and ate a bowl of cereal. I know that's not the end of the world, but still it's just the feeling of being out of control that scares me. I can make up for it with the rest of my day, and I can go run tonight (hopefully, depends on the rain), so it's not the food, or the calories consumed, it's that emotional feeling eating things that aren't good for me brings.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2010, 07:21 AM   #392
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tydreamer
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 2/10/10
I had a great meeting at Medi this morning. Well not great, actually, but quite informative. I have a slow metabolism and truly should be eating around 1,200 calories a day. Wow. I was thinking 1,400 to 1,500 was going to be more like it. She told me if I REALLY wanted to lose that 8 pounds I keep fussing about, I could go down to 1,000 and give it three months. Does that not sound like forever?

I envy the size 2 girl eating her donuts. And I envy those who can eat a bowl (or two) of cereal in the morning and not be plagued with guilt. I don't have it in me. I feel horrible. AND it shows up on the scale the next day.

The nurse told me that being rigid is good. Being this rigid is probably not truly helping me. I wish I could find the balance.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:35 AM   #393
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: msawhitt
Stats: 220/130/145
WOE: Medi
Start Date: August 11, 2010
Not a great week, but hey...I guess there had to be a bad one at some point!! Only lost 0.4 this week, however I lost 3 pounds of fat, my water was just up. THIS is what a week of eating protein shakes, lunchmeat (ONLY) and 64 ounces of diet soda daily as my fluid intake will lead to! I technically ate within the program guidelines, but you know how that goes....: )

This week will be better! Now if only this stupid rain would go away!!!
Old 09-29-2010, 07:45 AM   #394
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ortal
Stats: 184/138/120 5'5"
Start Date: 4/26/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by tydreamer View Post
I had a great meeting at Medi this morning. Well not great, actually, but quite informative. I have a slow metabolism and truly should be eating around 1,200 calories a day. Wow. I was thinking 1,400 to 1,500 was going to be more like it. She told me if I REALLY wanted to lose that 8 pounds I keep fussing about, I could go down to 1,000 and give it three months. Does that not sound like forever?

I envy the size 2 girl eating her donuts. And I envy those who can eat a bowl (or two) of cereal in the morning and not be plagued with guilt. I don't have it in me. I feel horrible. AND it shows up on the scale the next day.

The nurse told me that being rigid is good. Being this rigid is probably not truly helping me. I wish I could find the balance.

Whats your ultimate goal leah? 135? at your height I'm sure you look awesome right where you are (but I know how it goes, you want to see a certain number for personal satisfaction).

What also pisses me off about size 2 girl is that noone gives size 2 girl sh*t about her weight but they feel its okay to give me lectures on how much weight i should and shouldn't still loose (unsolicited advice? thanks!). Granted, shes not to blame at all, but I always think to myself what makes it okay fvor people to ask me these questions. /end rant

Mini Goal - 130 by 10/30
Ultimate Goal - 120 by the end of the year.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:09 AM   #395
Senior LCF Member

It's me again today. I am struggling today and the only thing I know to do is to come here and get it out. So I ate that bowl of cereal this morning and it seems to have triggered cravings for me. I know that if I am really good the rest of the day I will make up for what I did this morning (really not that bad), but I am sitting here trying to conviende myself that if i ate (insert random junk food here), it really won't be that bad as long as I keep my calories low. Which I know won't actually happen. And I know that won't help anything, it will just make every day after today hard. It's a bad cycle to get into. But yet that's all I can think of today. UGH!!!!!

I will eat heatlhy foods today, I will eat healthy foods today, I will eat healthy foods today. I am worth it. I deserve this. I have worked too hard to lose control now. I've been in control for over 5 months now, I can do it again today. It's one meal, one day. I can do this. A size 6 and 130lbs feels WAY better than my size 16, 176lb body felt. And a million other things I could type here. I can be strong.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:31 AM   #396
Senior LCF Member

Lins and Ortal - let's just all go to sleep and have this day be over already!!!

Lins, you are worth it and don't set yourself up. I've already had about four days like that in maintenance and it's the "gateway" drug. If you give in today, how much easier will it be to give in when it hits again on October 6th? How do you tell yourself no on THAT day when you let yourself do it TODAY?

Ortal, the truth is, I'll never see myself as others do and I'll always be too "fat". My original goal was 160. Then 150. Then 145. I'd LIKE to weigh even less than that, but I'm not sure it's possible and even if it is, I don't know if I could maintain. This morning I was 147. Up four pounds in water, down even more fat, tho I certainly don't know how I could be after the couple of weeks I've had. Cocoa Puffs anyone? Anyway, I think it's more in my mind now than my body. My body actually looks pretty good. My stomach is flat, my legs are heavily muscled. I do have some sagging of my upper arms and a tiny big of fat on my upper, inner thighs. But in my head, MY MIRROR, I'm still 200 pounds. Your 135 does sound lovely tho...
Old 09-29-2010, 08:33 AM   #397
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: diertac
Stats: 196.6/167.2/155
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 09/21/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lins View Post
A size 6 and 130lbs feels WAY better than my size 16, 176lb body felt. And a million other things I could type here. I can be strong.
You can totally do this. I think in a way, it's harder for you to control your cravings and eating than it is for me, because I am seeing the weight come off. Once the weight has come off, and you don't notice the waistband is looser, because well it really ought not get any looser, the true challenge begins.

The last time I lost weight, I wished I could put my fat self's mind into my thin self's body so I could remember the utter disappointment I felt at no longer being able to squeeze into my "fat pants" and having to go up a size.

Maybe you can just take a few moments today, go look at any "fat pants" if you still have a pair (I'm planning on keeping one pair of mine as a motivator), maybe some old photos. Maybe meditate for just a few moments on how it felt to be out of control THEN, having all that weight loss work ahead of you. Try to grasp that feeling of determination you had to muster up back then, and see if it works for you now?

You can do it.
Old 09-29-2010, 02:04 PM   #398
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jkeep5
Stats: 188
Start Date: 9.20.2010
this is my 2nd week on the program, i started running again monday (after i took the first week off) & i am exhausted! i just cannot bring myself to do it today. should i take the day off or make myself run as long as possible? maybe take a walk? ugh...i just don't want to do anything, is that normal?
Old 09-29-2010, 02:25 PM   #399
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: loyemarie
Stats: 5'7"~258/226.2/170
Start Date: September 8, 2010
After my third week, I am down over 20 pounds!!!

I am beyond thrilled with this program. It certainly isn't for wimps!

I love pulling something out of the closet that was skin tight, and having it hang on me. I love knowing that some clothes I'd been saving I'll actually be wearing!

Thanks for all the support here at LCF.

loyemarie
Old 09-29-2010, 06:15 PM   #400
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Hi Friends,
I'm off doing homework tonight but wanted to tell you what I did yesterday. Went to my upscale Goodwill and I think someone my size just delivered a bunch of shoes. I never wear used shoes. These were leather, nice, barely worn, and mainly I was interested in some high heels (which I would never really where long myself because in high school I sprained both ankles in gymnastics at an event then 2 days later went to homecoming in high heels--stupid!) Well, I overstretched those ligaments so badly I have little support. But went to the dressing room with these high heels and a little black dress (size nine) just to check out my legs. Wow!! I hadn't seen my legs look like that in about 30 years! Fun! Hubby likes my new in the home dress up outfit now! I don't know if I'd really wear it in public, though it looks absolutely fine. Makes me want to STAY this size! :blush: Now there's an idea for you all!! And it cost me less than $10 (shoes and dress combined!) Also got a pair of size 6 Lucky Brand jeans in perfect shape for less than $6. Love it!

Last edited by Fit2010; 09-29-2010 at 06:16 PM..
Old 09-29-2010, 06:42 PM   #401
Senior LCF Member

I didn't give in to my cravings today. I had a 900 calorie day (which is where I'm suppose to be per my clinic). I ate Medi friendly transition foods. And I ended up getting a 3 mile run in tonight before it got dark. Thanks for listening to me earlier today. It worked.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:06 PM   #402
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by loyemarie View Post
I need to "weigh" in here with some un-asked-for advice, since I've been down a similar road before. I so agree with Susie about WW being a good WOE for those who don't spend their points on carbs all the time, which I always did, being an addict :blush: The meetings can be very helpful ( I wish Medi had something like that!) and the accountability is essential. IF you can keep it on the low carb side, I think the Medi/WW combo is a great idea...
But let me add a caution. I lost 100 pounds in 6 months about 6 years ago on Medifast, then when I was at goal, thought I could figure out maintenance on my own. Bad idea! Not only did I slip right back into my old habits, one box of chocolate candy at the movies sent me to the hospital with pancreatitis and I came home minus a gallbladder. To eat small amounts of good high protein/low fat foods is awesomely healthy, but going back to high fat/sugar foods sends your body into shock - and can make you very sick.
Personally, I am committed to see this out to the end. The money saved isn't worth it.

JMHO from my own experience,

loyemarie

Amazing how similar we are. About 7 years ago I lost 85 lb by myself (no commercial diet) and thought that I was invincible, knew what to do, that I look and feel so good that I will never ever gain weight. I kept it for 3 years or so and all it took is a job change that brought a lot of pressure and change in routine to gain it all and some more back. Now I reached my goal and lowered it (it is about 20 lb lower than it was 7 years ago) and have this strong conviction that I will never ever gain it back but these sabotaging voices in my head are saying - "we will see I am strong enough now not to listen to them but what if some unexpected happens?

"Nothing tastes better than thin feels"
-------------------
Was in wellness!
Restart on 04/05/11 to lose 15 gained lb
253/148/140
Old 09-29-2010, 09:16 PM   #403
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loyemarie View Post
After my third week, I am down over 20 pounds!!!

I am beyond thrilled with this program. It certainly isn't for wimps!

I love pulling something out of the closet that was skin tight, and having it hang on me. I love knowing that some clothes I'd been saving I'll actually be wearing!

Thanks for all the support here at LCF.

loyemarie

Great job, loyemarie. That was favorite past time - trying on clothes of all sizes from 20 to 12 that I saved over time that I was gaining weight and squeezing into them one after another. It helped me stay on a plan week after week. I miss it now - I don't have any size 8 clothes and I am wearing 10 that I need to buy...
Old 09-29-2010, 09:25 PM   #404
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diertac View Post
I was psyched after my first weigh-in and follow-up visit today. Not from the pounds lost (although I was really psyched by that), but because the counselor, within 2 minutes of meeting me, pointed out what has derailed me for so long with losing weight. I wanted to share it here, because it resonated with me.

I had a really good first weigh in, down 11.8! As we went over my food journal, she asked me about hunger. I told her I was starving most days by 6PM. So she suggested we add 100 calories of protein to my daily intake.

Then I asked her what my upper limit of carbs should be. She had noted my excessively anal (my words, she used nicer ones) journaling, including counting of carb grams and all sorts of notes in the margins earlier.

She said, "Don't worry about counting your carbs right now. Eat the allowed foods from the list, and get in your minimum number of protein calories. You're trying to be an overachiever here, and the thing is there is no stopping hunger when it starts. You shouldn't be starving, because if you are, you might be able to hold out for one week, but one day you're going to cave because nothing is stronger than hunger."

But the most amazing part was this: "Hunger is important, we don't want to train you to view hunger as this evil thing. You should eat something from the allowed list when you're hungry. Eventually when we get you to maintenance we're going to train you to recognize hunger and only eat when you're hungry. But don't ignore hunger. People who have trained themselves to ignore hunger, and who view it as something evil and terrible, are the ones who have eating disorders."

That really resonated with me. I've done Weight Watchers, and while the group meetings were good, I think that sitting down one-on-one with a counselor who shares this kind of wisdom each and every week, helps reset my mentality. I have to say, that bit of advice from this morning was well worth the $70 this week!

You are lucky to have a counselor like this. At my clinic they just weigh you, sell you supplements and unless you have a question, you are out in a minute. Nobody sits down with you and go over your jornal. They talked to me only at the 1st appointment when they described the diet. Thank god for this forum - I can benefit from the other clinic's information/support
Old 09-30-2010, 04:58 AM   #405
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDC2 View Post
I'm not sure why you think occassionally purging yourself of carbs is so unhealthy. I do a full week of week 1 if I am recovering from an indulgent vacation or holiday eating. I find it resets my appetite, gets rid of cravings and puts me back on the right track, and helps me to drop the unwanted pounds. During this time I make sure I am taking a good multi vitamin, calcium, D3, B6, B12, and an omega suppliment.

Other than those occassions, I follow the maintenance plan as my WOE. I weigh every day as suggested in the maintenance materials, and if my weight starts to go up more than a pound or two I cut back on carbs and eat mostly protein and low glycemic, high fiber veggies until I get it back under control.

I had blood work done just a few months ago and my doctor was amazed at how good everything looked. My good cholesterol went from 63 to 91, which according to her, is very hard to do. My triglycerides went from over 200 to 50.

I am not a doctor, but try to keep up with the latest research. If you know of a study suggesting this WOE as harmful, please let me know. I do not want to put anyone in harms way.

Susie, thank you, I have not read any studies that it is harmful, I just don't want to make it a habbit of "binge and purge". Another question, when you go on week 1 are you making sure you get into ketosis? I manage to do it sometimes but lthis time it's day 4 and nothing. I did lose those 3 lb that I gained over the weekend but no ketosis. Should I continue with week one for few more days to get into ketosis (don't want to , want my veggies) or can just go into week 2 now and be careful not to overindulge?
Old 09-30-2010, 05:29 AM   #406
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Lins and Ortal - let's just all go to sleep and have this day be over already!!!

Lins, you are worth it and don't set yourself up. I've already had about four days like that in maintenance and it's the "gateway" drug. If you give in today, how much easier will it be to give in when it hits again on October 6th? How do you tell yourself no on THAT day when you let yourself do it TODAY?

Ortal, the truth is, I'll never see myself as others do and I'll always be too "fat". My original goal was 160. Then 150. Then 145. I'd LIKE to weigh even less than that, but I'm not sure it's possible and even if it is, I don't know if I could maintain. This morning I was 147. Up four pounds in water, down even more fat, tho I certainly don't know how I could be after the couple of weeks I've had. Cocoa Puffs anyone? Anyway, I think it's more in my mind now than my body. My body actually looks pretty good. My stomach is flat, my legs are heavily muscled. I do have some sagging of my upper arms and a tiny big of fat on my upper, inner thighs. But in my head, MY MIRROR, I'm still 200 pounds. Your 135 does sound lovely tho...

I hear you Leah, Im the same way (Minus the flat stomach... and the toned legs....). I have toothpick arms and no chest anymore, which is depressing in itself. But if I complain about it to the boyfriend/friends they just roll their eyes ('oh now shes too SMALL?'). I know a lot is mental. My original goal was only 140 because I never thought Id see it. Now Id really like to see the 120s... I never have as an adult.

If you want to get to 135, I say go for it. Its your body and as long as you are within a healthy BMI noone should give you crap for it. I hope to see you down there lol
Old 09-30-2010, 05:38 AM   #407
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ortal View Post
II have toothpick arms and no chest anymore, which is depressing in itself. But if I complain about it to the boyfriend/friends they just roll their eyes ('oh now shes too SMALL?').
I am not ruling out a boob job if I get to my ideal weight, maintain it and find that I'm deflated like a balloon!

BTW, a real irony for me is that I put on 50 pounds too many over the years, and maybe 3 of them went to my breasts. I can't even be one of those large chested big girls!
Old 09-30-2010, 06:01 AM   #408
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: loyemarie
Stats: 5'7"~258/226.2/170
Start Date: September 8, 2010
Good morning, all!

Deb - We LOVE Goodwill! When my oldest daughter came home from her first semester at college, she got her sisters to love it, too. Before that it was "ewwww!", but now they understand they can get clothes they could never afford in the stores/boutiques and it can either be our little secret or a bragging point!

lins - ATTA GIRL!

Irina - You know, for me, I'd really like to find a psychiatrist who understood the mindset of people with food issues. I think that would be truly the only way to learn to fully recover. And, my clinic is like yours - I am envious of those on the board whose clinics seem to be more caring and hands-on. Maybe if we spoke up and asked for an appt. where we can sit and talk for a few minutes about what we're struggling with. I think at $70 a pop, it's the least we can ask!
Old 09-30-2010, 06:45 AM   #409
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ortal View Post
If you want to get to 135, I say go for it. Its your body and as long as you are within a healthy BMI noone should give you crap for it. I hope to see you down there lol
I talked to my husband at length about his last nite and I really think I AM going to go for it. It starts today. I'm so excited about it and completely motivated, that I think I can do it and do it fairly quickly. I'm going to do a modified version of week 1 for an entire week. That should jump start things. Ortal, thanks for your support!
Old 09-30-2010, 07:02 AM   #410
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: msawhitt
Stats: 220/130/145
Start Date: August 11, 2010
I am also back on a full week of week 1 starting today, from the advice of my clinic. My water weight was way up yesterday, and my weight loss was slowing down, so they recommended I go back to week 1 until my next appointment. Hopefully it is not as hard as the first time since I am not used to the carbs anymore, but we'll see...preparing for the worst knowing that the end result is worth it!!

I definitely will be checking in here every morning, checking this board keeps me mentally on track for sure!

lost 45 pounds in 3 months with MWL!

total loss of 90 pounds since May 2010

In maintenance : )
Old 09-30-2010, 07:33 AM   #411
Senior LCF Member

Stacey - I wish you luck! I was just thinking perhaps I should do a TRUE week one instead of modified. It would just get me there that much quicker. I hope it's easier this time, too!!
Old 09-30-2010, 07:49 AM   #412
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
WOW...... just got back from Jax taking care of my 6mo old grandson, and my 29 yr old DIL (with stage 3 ovarian cancer).....SEE there IS something worse than having my jiggly thighs! I didn't take my food scale, BIG water glass, or journal with me (I also forgot my curling iron, and toothbrush! DUH ) but tried to gauge portion sizes, and "guessed" at what would be the best choice of food to eat from the dishes that friends had prepared for my daughter in law, to help them out! What GREAT friends they have! I also had to shop, cook and bake for them, because DIL's "taste" is affected by the chemo, so really the only thing she can tolerate are high in carbs, and especially sweets! I know I didn't drink enough plain water, and did drink too much diet soda, but over all I think I did pretty well. I missed my weigh in all together this week (the first, and hopefully ONLY time that will happen) but according to my scale this morning I lost 1 pound! I also didn't have any organized exercise this week so far, but plan on walking this evening.

This is just for ME personally, but I NEEDED to be able to test (for lack of a better word) my ability to do Medi in the "real" world.....where everything can't always be weighed and measured, and where I needed to bake (especially) and cook some of my favorite "goodies" and not be tempted, and I PASSED that with flying colors! I'm not losing as fast as I hoped I would, but I'm still plugging along and am VERY happy and optimistic that I will get to a healthy BMI, and will NEVER be as unhealthy as I was before Medi

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford
Old 09-30-2010, 07:51 AM   #413
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diertac View Post
I am not ruling out a boob job if I get to my ideal weight, maintain it and find that I'm deflated like a balloon!

BTW, a real irony for me is that I put on 50 pounds too many over the years, and maybe 3 of them went to my breasts. I can't even be one of those large chested big girls!
Im not ruling it out either, I told myself I would consider it if I hit my ultimate goal AND maintained it for a year minimum. I might also need a tummy tuck (when I am done having children) because I have loose skin. again, anything I do will be after a minimum year of maintenance. I went down 3 chest sizes. Fantastic.

Leah you can do it! we can motivate eachother! at your height I think that you are going to look model-esq at 135 lbs. Ill be chugging along with you. Its amazing how long these last few lbs are taking me. some is my resolve, some is just my body. but I didnt think that my pace would slow down THIS much. Lets both try to get to 135 by the end of the month?
Old 09-30-2010, 08:15 AM   #414
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Not Giselle
Stats: 5'8", 187/145/145
Start Date: 7/27/10
First of all - Susie, your tips in this thread are invaluable.

Second of all, there really must have been something in the air this week. I stayed on plan food wise but couldn't get motivated to move my body.

Somehow I still lost this week....and I HIT THE 30 POUND MARK!!! WOOO!

I made my appointment for early morning next week to get my blood redrawn, updated measurements, and new pictures.

(Do they do it every 30 pounds at every clinic?)

I'm pretty stoked. I hope I can keep my motivation up! I know it's going to get REAAALY hard now, and I'm going to keep that Plateau post handy.

Kudos to everyone buying smaller sizes. I need to do that too. I've been wearing super high heels because my pants are falling down and resting on my hips instead of my waist. I felt like I was in size 14 FOREVER (for like 20 pounds!) and now the new 12s I bought are loose in the waist! I don't think I can fit in a 10 YET but soon. Rock on!

~~Edited to add: Oh yeah, I have also been having trouble trying to get ALL of my protein in. I am so sick of chicken. So sick. I like the medi protein shake mix, and this morning I thought "hmm, I wonder if I can make "hot cocoa" with the chocolate shake mix. I mixed about a 1/2 scoop in a mug of water I'd heated in the coffee maker, and I thought it was GREAT. Filled me up too. I might be drinking this every day in the winter!

Last edited by Not Giselle; 09-30-2010 at 08:20 AM..
Old 09-30-2010, 08:20 AM   #415
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:

Ladies, this is JMHO so please accept this from an "older" friend.........don't waste your life continuing to find fault with yourselves, and beating yourself up! There are enough people in the world who will beat you up (in one way or another) so you don't need to do it to yourself! You have all given such a gift to yourself and your children by getting to a healthy weight, and learning how to eat, and exercise to stay healthy. My children have a lifetime of hearing/witnessing me criticizing myself (even if I did it silently), and never being happy with myself, and that has hurt them.....I'm their Mom and they love me, so seeing me not love myself actually made them feel bad. I was NEVER happy with my flabby tummy (2 C-sections, and another abdominal surgery), and thighs, no matter WHAT I weighed. You may think your kids don't know how you feel when you eat "the wrong thing" or when you poke your "whatever" you don't like on your body, or when you stand in front of the mirror and look at your "flaws" but they do! Kids are WAY more perceptive than we give them credit. Even if they are too young to verbalize their feelings, they know! You really are hurting them, and teaching them to find flaws with themselves.
You have all changed in so many positive ways, and have accomplished so much. I admire you and want to be where you are someday soon. Medi is NOT about being perfect, but learning how to live in the real world!
RELAX, and give yourself a break! I know we ALL want to get to that magic number on the scale, but honestly will dropping another 2 or 6 pounds REALLY be what will suddenly make you happy? I'd give anything to NOT have my children remember their childhoods with me always being on a diet, and/or being unhappy with my looks!
Sorry this is so preachy, but please take it with the love it was given with. I hope my mistakes (and I've made them all) can help others
Old 09-30-2010, 10:13 AM   #416
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: YankeeMom27
Stats: 181/156.8/145
WOE: Medi WeightLoss
Start Date: restart 03/29/13
so psyched that I was able to lose 1.6lbs this week after I thought I had actually gained. I do think that I need to shake things up a bit since my weight loss has slowed down. I asked my clinic if maybe I'm not getting enough calories since I bike 20 min/day, fast walk with the dog 20min/day, run for 30 min/5 days a week and strength train 3 days a week, but I forgot my journal so I'll have to make sure to bring it next week. I did go bra shopping after my weigh-in and went down 1 band size and 1 cup size which I'm thrilled about. Would love to do the boob-job thing too- just a lift though, still have too much on top!
Old 09-30-2010, 10:26 AM   #417
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Mary,

Your words are my thoughts of the past few months exactly: "RELAX, and give yourself a break! I know we ALL want to get to that magic number on the scale, but honestly will dropping another 2 or 6 pounds REALLY be what will suddenly make you happy? I'd give anything to NOT have my children remember their childhoods with me always being on a diet, and/or being unhappy with my looks!
Sorry this is so preachy, but please take it with the love it was given with. I hope my mistakes (and I've made them all) can help others."

Even this past weekend when DD was home to run the Race of the Cure with me she mentioned that I needed to be careful about talking about my success with Joe Blow stranger somewhere or friends at church; she said she KNOWS I'm happy and that is wonderful, she's happy about that for me, but that it can trigger others to feel insecure about themselves or feel "judged." Including her. That is not the intention, that's just the way humans are. We are fortunate to have this forum to be each other's cheerleaders and confidants, but in my effort to share with others that I finally GOT IT through MWL I don't want the attention to be on myself and unintentionally cause pain on anyone else, particularly my own daughters, sisters and mom. We have such a fine line we walk with our emotions don't we?

Susie, Jo, Cindy, and other old time successful maintainers--any comments, suggestions?

Blessings,
Debbie
Old 09-30-2010, 10:47 AM   #418
Senior LCF Member

Mary, God bless you for that wonderful post. We can stand to learn self-acceptance as well as a better way of eating. And you wouldn't happen to be related to an Amy "T8M" that lives down there in Florida, would you?
Old 09-30-2010, 10:57 AM   #419
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: afunfish
Stats: 203/158/150 5"8
WOE: Medi - Acute Phase
HI all just had my weekly weigh in and I lost 4lbs and have lost a total of 20lbs so far. This programming def. is not for wimps. I had a couple of moments this weekend where I was just tired of making grilled chicken, but I snapped out of it and changed it up with some shell fish.

I wish you all well this weekend on your plans.

Last edited by afunfish; 09-30-2010 at 11:12 AM..
Old 09-30-2010, 11:23 AM   #420
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary T8M View Post
Ladies, this is JMHO so please accept this from an "older" friend.........don't waste your life continuing to find fault with yourselves, and beating yourself up! There are enough people in the world who will beat you up (in one way or another) so you don't need to do it to yourself! You have all given such a gift to yourself and your children by getting to a healthy weight, and learning how to eat, and exercise to stay healthy. My children have a lifetime of hearing/witnessing me criticizing myself (even if I did it silently), and never being happy with myself, and that has hurt them.....I'm their Mom and they love me, so seeing me not love myself actually made them feel bad. I was NEVER happy with my flabby tummy (2 C-sections, and another abdominal surgery), and thighs, no matter WHAT I weighed. You may think your kids don't know how you feel when you eat "the wrong thing" or when you poke your "whatever" you don't like on your body, or when you stand in front of the mirror and look at your "flaws" but they do! Kids are WAY more perceptive than we give them credit. Even if they are too young to verbalize their feelings, they know! You really are hurting them, and teaching them to find flaws with themselves.
You have all changed in so many positive ways, and have accomplished so much. I admire you and want to be where you are someday soon. Medi is NOT about being perfect, but learning how to live in the real world!
RELAX, and give yourself a break! I know we ALL want to get to that magic number on the scale, but honestly will dropping another 2 or 6 pounds REALLY be what will suddenly make you happy? I'd give anything to NOT have my children remember their childhoods with me always being on a diet, and/or being unhappy with my looks!
Sorry this is so preachy, but please take it with the love it was given with. I hope my mistakes (and I've made them all) can help others
Mary, I truly appreciate every single word you said. And I even AGREE with it. But there's some off switch in brain when it comes to believing it about myself. I NEVER think of anyone else as fat. I forgive everyone else's buldges, protrustions, folds and rolls. I just can't seem to overlook them in myself. I have had these issues for almost my entire life and I fear that I always will. That doesn't mean that I'm not willing to TRY to see myself in a better light.

Thank you for your honesty.
Closed Thread