Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2010, 11:13 AM   #301
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: msawhitt
Stats: 220/130/145
WOE: Medi
Start Date: August 11, 2010
I'm so sorry you're having such a hard time Lins! I feel so bad, wish I could help!! It seems like (with kids especially) when it is good it is great, and when it is bad it is AWFUL. Hopefully, you're just getting all the bad stuff out of the way so the rest of the year can be good!!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2010, 12:59 PM   #302
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: malloryann11
Stats: 185/179.6/160
WOE: MWL
Start Date: November 3, 2009, Restart Aug. 24 2010
Hey All Weigh In is tomorrow! Wish me luck!
Old 09-23-2010, 01:19 PM   #303
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Lins - You are having one hell of a week! I read your story about your 2 yr old yesterday, it gave me chills. I know my 2 yr old can unlock the door and undo the deadbolt...I've been telling my husband for about a month now that we need to put one of those chain locks up nice and high. Those kids are just way too quick at that age! I have no idea when my older daughter learned how to unlock doors, she would NEVER (and still wouldn't) have unlocked it and gone out on her own, but the youngest one is famous for going outside ahead of the rest of us when we're getting ready to leave and there is no doubt in my mind she would leave if she were downstairs when I shower. (I put her in her crib upstairs in her room which is next to the bathroom with a pile of books and puzzles in her crib with her.) Don't beat yourself up about it - you are by far not the first that its happened to! Emotional eating is why most of us are here in the first place, but at least you recognize it as that now. You are doing a phenomenal job, give yourself credit. We're here to listen to venting anytime! Good luck with having inlaws stay with you....love mine, but couldn't imagine them staying with me!

Mary - Love your story about the jeans....go buy yourself a new pair!! You deserve it! And good luck to your hubby!! Fingers crossed for you!

Over 100lbs. GONE FOREVER
Thanks to MWL!
8 months to Wellness....5/11/10 - 1/11/11
Old 09-23-2010, 03:24 PM   #304
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnK
Stats: 5'2" 133/133/115
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 7/22/14
Hi everyone ~ weigh-in today & I only lost .2 lbs (yeah, that's POINT TWO). Of course, I know the weight comes off slower as one gets closer to goal, but it's still a little frustrating.... I got nervous today when the NP talked about starting to add some calories/a carb soon. Everything she says makes sense about needing to stabilize & learn to eat "normally" (at least my new normal)... but I'm still nervous. My clinic staff is wonderful about listening & being supportive when I doubt myself, thank goodness.
Glad to come in & catch up on everybody's news.
Lins ~ my heart goes out to you. What terror you must have gone through, searching for your little one!! You suffered WAY enough at that time ~ you don't need to beat yourself up anymore! You are so strong... I think I would've hit the liquor after that experience!
Old 09-23-2010, 03:37 PM   #305
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: loyemarie
Stats: 5'7"~258/226.2/170
Start Date: September 8, 2010
Hi, SCD2! I am going to the clinic in Melbourne. My friend lost 60 lbs. with them, and it is just amazing how great she looks and more importantly, how great she feels, so here I am!

Lins - I have a scary story for you! I guess I sneaked out of the house when I was about 4, ended up pretty far, having crossed a street to get to a 7-11, and when mom found me, I was standing between 2 guys asking them to buy me a Coke!! Granted, that was <cough> 50 years ago, but still could have been a disaster. I believe we are watched over. You are having one crappy week! Good luck with your company. I know exactly what you have to put up with and it's not fun. Plan something really fun for yourself for when they're gone, so you have something to focus on when it gets "hairy"!
I am a praying person, and I got your back!!

Just remember no food ever made any difficulty go away. It may put off dealing with it, but it still will be there, with a little dash of guilt!

You'll do great.

loyemarie
Old 09-23-2010, 05:02 PM   #306
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: afunfish
Stats: 203/158/150 5"8
WOE: Medi - Acute Phase
Hi all today was my second weigh in and other 5lbs down. I have been really focused on the program.
Hope everyone is doing well and wish you all the best on your weigh ins
Old 09-23-2010, 05:45 PM   #307
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: YankeeMom27
Stats: 181/156.8/145
WOE: Medi WeightLoss
Start Date: restart 03/29/13
lins
so sorry to hear about your week...both my sister-in-law and I have had a similiar experience with our boys, but I don't think that makes us bad parents..we just have some pretty smart and inquisitive kids!! I'm so impressed that even though you've had such a bad week, you're sticking to the plan!! I always like to think that God never gives us more than we can handle!
Old 09-23-2010, 06:15 PM   #308
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: meganlj
WooHoo!!

So excited to post my first "update" post!
here are my stats:
week 1: -9
week 2: -2
week 3: -4
week 4: -3
week 5: -5
TOTAL -23!!
cholesterol is down 20 pts and BP is down 20 pts!

Old 09-23-2010, 06:30 PM   #309
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
Ugh I just added up my calories for the day and I thought something was 4 oz and I found out it was 5 oz, plus I forgot to write down something earlier in the day. So today was my first day of 1000 calories (I have been on 800), and I really ended up eating 1200 today. I am really not doing well with transition at all and with this crappy week I am having I'm really just mad at myself for not paying better attention. And to make maters worse I have company here for the next 4 days. I really just want to crawl in a hole and cry for a few hours.
Old 09-23-2010, 07:56 PM   #310
Senior LCF Member

OK, I'm in need of a little advice, and what better place, right? : )

I'm struggling (of sorts) with a mental dilemma regarding my weight loss right now. I have officially blew past my pre-pregnancy weight, and *barely* passed the weight I was when I met my boyfriend, and am starting to feel a little too comfortable in my skin right now! Not exactly a "problem", but I still have a little ways to go and don't want to see myself settle. I keep having thoughts that I could stop going to the clinic and just eat low-carb on my own, or think more often than I should that a food (or drink) "cheat" wouldn't be so bad for me. I have never been someone who struggled with body image issues, even towards my heaviest weight I was still pretty confident in my skin. I really want to get my body fat down to about 10 pounds below the max. recommended range that is healthy for my body (a more realistic goal, per my Medi doctor), and still need to lose probably about 15-20 more pounds to do so.

Any advice on how to re-motivate myself here at my midway point? I know I can do it, and would love any input I can find. Thanks guys : )

lost 45 pounds in 3 months with MWL!

total loss of 90 pounds since May 2010

In maintenance : )
Old 09-23-2010, 08:35 PM   #311
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by msawhitt View Post
OK, I'm in need of a little advice, and what better place, right? : )

I'm struggling (of sorts) with a mental dilemma regarding my weight loss right now. I have officially blew past my pre-pregnancy weight, and *barely* passed the weight I was when I met my boyfriend, and am starting to feel a little too comfortable in my skin right now! Not exactly a "problem", but I still have a little ways to go and don't want to see myself settle. I keep having thoughts that I could stop going to the clinic and just eat low-carb on my own, or think more often than I should that a food (or drink) "cheat" wouldn't be so bad for me. I have never been someone who struggled with body image issues, even towards my heaviest weight I was still pretty confident in my skin. I really want to get my body fat down to about 10 pounds below the max. recommended range that is healthy for my body (a more realistic goal, per my Medi doctor), and still need to lose probably about 15-20 more pounds to do so.

Any advice on how to re-motivate myself here at my midway point? I know I can do it, and would love any input I can find. Thanks guys : )

Stacey, I understand exactly what you are feeling. I don't remember time when my weight was this low. The clothes look good, I am comfortable, getting compliments, my fat is somewhere in the middle of a recommended range, my tanita scale at home says I am "healthy", so you get the picture. I reached my original goal but I do not want to stop. What motivates me to continue is that I want to get my BMI below 25 and that's another 7-8 lb. Not sure if I get there, but I am definetely trying and that gives me a focus.

"Nothing tastes better than thin feels"
-------------------
Was in wellness!
Restart on 04/05/11 to lose 15 gained lb
253/148/140
Old 09-24-2010, 06:11 AM   #312
Senior LCF Member

Stacey that is EXACTLY where I am. I really want to be in the 120's (I'm 5'1), and I'm hanging out right around 130, so it's only a few pounds, BUT I am happy with where I am right now. I have a healthy BMI, I have a healthy body fat %, I am in a size 6, I feel amazing, and I am below what I weight when I got married. But, I still have some fat on my legs that I want to get rid of (I still look awful in a bathsuit), and I just have this desire to be in the 120's. But like you said it's really hard to find motivation when you feel good, look pretty good, and everyone tells you how great you look. So personally for me that's why I flipped into transition (I didn't do this until I hit the healthy BMI point). I still want to lose another 5-8lbs, but I am not really working on that right now. I am just maintaining where I am at, and trying hard to adjust to a little more freedom in my eating, without going nuts. And in a month or so I might kick it up a knotch and lose those last few pounds, but for now it's not a priority.
Old 09-24-2010, 10:47 AM   #313
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Quote:
Originally Posted by loyemarie View Post

I am a praying person, and I got your back!!

Just remember no food ever made any difficulty go away. It may put off dealing with it, but it still will be there, with a little dash of guilt!
loyemarie, I love your words quoted above! I think I'll put your synopsis of food/difficulty/guilt statement on my refrigerator! Did you make that up? I'm gonna use it!
Old 09-24-2010, 11:03 AM   #314
Major LCF Poster!

Stacey, Lins, and Irina - We're all in the same boat! I have gotten to the weight I was at when I met/married my husband, the top "usual" weight I maintained most of my adult life until about 16 years ago when weight started creeping up (prior to then I'd really work to be 118 to 125 and settle in at 139), and now again I think I look good and healthy. I'd really like the scale to say 130 but that's too much pressure. As I add in more carbs they make me hungrier and I need to do like Lins and only eat protein in the evening, which would limit cravings better I think. We are all learning this together!

Lins - I've been praying for you this week. I had a 2 yr old incident in the public library when we lived in CA over 20 years ago -- she was so quick and I was terrified! Confident and independent, inquisitive child!! I praise God everything was ok for my daughter and for yours!! Also, I understand about the house visitors situation....my own dad can be that way when we have a visit....gets back to probably me being a confident, independent child! You are doing so well, and if you enjoy a "planned splurge" with family then don't beat yourself up! We have to make this WOE liveable for our true lives, but as you noted, NOT emotionally eat. I know the fix would have been a 4 mile run for you! Perhaps you could as BIL and FIL to watch kiddos for a few minutes while you do a 2 mile run if things get hairy? Or have them follow behind you in the car? Or they could watch the kids at the park while you jog on the sidewalk around them? That way they have time connecting during the visit and you get your space too. They'll probably be very proud of you and your fitness, and that they "helped!"
Old 09-24-2010, 11:21 AM   #315
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kelly4me
Stats: Lost 53 pounds 2010, Restart 2013
WOE: MWL in 2010, Low Carb 2013
Start Date: 8/27/2010, 10/22/2013
I'm sad that I've lost my siggy for another month. I guess that I'll have to up my post count to reach 60 in the meantime!

I had my weigh-in this morning. I'm four weeks in and down 20.5 pounds. I am so beyond thrilled with the results and I'm incredibly glad that my friend decided to join Medi. Without her doing it, I never would have considered it.

I ran into a college friend this morning at the clinic. She's been on Medi for 6 months and she looks absolutely fabulous. I can't wait for that to be me!

I've had fun cleaning out and "shopping" in my closet for the past few days. I have a lot of different size clothes and I'm going to dump all the larger size stuff NOW.

Working on low carb lifestyle changes. I did Medi in 2010. Using their ideas to make permanent life changes on my own.

First goal: -20
Currently: -6.4
10/29: -2.2
11/5: -4.2
Old 09-24-2010, 01:39 PM   #316
Senior LCF Member

Lins- I think that if your stats are healthy, that maybe you should just cut yourself a break and call it a done deal! When you are overweight, especially when you have been for a while, you can't really be sure what an ideal "goal weight" might be for you. Maybe when you started you dreamed of one number, but wasn't the original goal also to get healthy and happy? Haven't you accomplished that for yourself already?? I would not consider it a failure, or settling on your part if you just stuck with where you are!! It's an amazing success! Plus, if you are stressing THIS much about it that it is triggering cravings, do you want to live your life like that forever? You want to be able to comfortably maintain, and the lifestyle and your health are what it's all about!! There are days my scale says 160, and days when it is closer to 170 (honestly...HATE scales...), yet on both days the same pair of size 10 jeans fit comfortably. Add back your carbs so you can eat more normally and more "forever"-like, hop on into wellness with some biweekly weigh-in visits to keep yourself in check, and let yourself breathe a little!!

Thinking about it a lot over the past few days, and after reading your psts, I'm a little more focused on my new goal of just getting smack in the middle of some healthy numbers, stats-wise. I am just aiming to get about 10 or so pounds under a healthy fat weight, and within a healthy BMI range. Another thing that I have to consider is that I have a nasty excess of loose skin from pregnancy that I will need to have removed, and that weight is being factored into my numbers as well. Before you all lecture me on plastic surgery (hey, everyone does ; )), it is not a cosmetic issue, it is a medical issue. The skin is very loose and at risk of developing dermatitis-type issues, and my doctor said it should be removed : ) In the meantime, I'm thankful to have a healthy body image to go forward with!
Old 09-24-2010, 02:56 PM   #317
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: loyemarie
Stats: 5'7"~258/226.2/170
Start Date: September 8, 2010
afunfish and meganlj - Congrats! So glad you are pleased with your results!

fit2010 - Yeah, that just popped onto the keyboard from my brain. Sometimes amazing things come out of there! I'm glad it hit a note with you, as many, many of the things you and the others write do with me!

loyemarie
Old 09-24-2010, 04:27 PM   #318
Senior LCF Member

I am still in shock, but I ran 8 miles tonight without stopping (except to drink water). I did 5 miles a few weeks ago and that was the longest I had ever gone, but tonight at mile 4 I decided to go at least 2 more, then when I got to 6, I decided to go 2 more. For about 2 seconds I thought about going 10, but I wimped out. I am going to keep going 4-6 miles each time I run, and then once a month until Feb I will add a mile to my "long run" days, so that I can do 13 in late Feb, for the half marathon.
Old 09-24-2010, 04:54 PM   #319
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sara0621
Stats: 225(highest)/188.2(start @MWL)/171.6/145
Hi everyone! Well, I guess my body caught up with my head finally! I'm down 3.4 this week (after 3 weeks of POINT FOUR...) for a total of 20! It feels good to have reached this mini-goal, even though it took me twice as long as I expected (10 weeks). What's even more exciting is that I am down a grand total of 57 pounds! Wow-- so close to 60 I can FEEL it!

30 more to go until goal...
Old 09-24-2010, 08:28 PM   #320
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lins View Post
I am still in shock, but I ran 8 miles tonight without stopping (except to drink water). I did 5 miles a few weeks ago and that was the longest I had ever gone, but tonight at mile 4 I decided to go at least 2 more, then when I got to 6, I decided to go 2 more. For about 2 seconds I thought about going 10, but I wimped out. I am going to keep going 4-6 miles each time I run, and then once a month until Feb I will add a mile to my "long run" days, so that I can do 13 in late Feb, for the half marathon.

SEEEEEEEEEE!

Cut yourself a break, girl! You are doing awesome!!
Old 09-24-2010, 09:40 PM   #321
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Ladmo
Stats: 248/18/175
WOE: Medi-Weight Loss
Start Date: 9/16/10
Did my first weigh-in yesterday and came up 13.2 lbs down. I was delighted. But I took a harder road there than I should've. I'm begiinning the re-education part and realize that variety is more important than I thought. At the start of the program my doctor had been telling me various ways to get to the 500 cal protein. I told him I was just going to eat chicken breast the whole first week. He smiled and said some of his patients did go for the simple and stupid approach. I was a bit taken back, but tonight I realize that I should have followed his suggestions. By mid week that chicken was getting very hard to get down. Week 2 I'm using bullion (a suggestion found here!) to make the chicken taste a bit better and have included several other protein sources in search of variety. Tomorrow I go searching for condiments to enhance flavor, thinking the Heinz 1 carb ketchup (aka Reduced Sugar Ketchup) for a start. One thing I haven't seen posted about: I seem to be losing in my fingers and all of sudden my wedding ring is slipping about, I speculate shortly I would be in danger of it falling off. Has anyone had to deal with that issue, I'd be interested to hear how you dealt with it. Thanks for all the truly inspired information found here.
Old 09-24-2010, 10:06 PM   #322
Major LCF Poster!

Ladmo - Congratulations on your significant first week loss!! Keep up the good work!After I'd lost 30 lbs I had a link taken out of my watch. After an additional 20 lb loss I had another link taken out of my watch and had a ring guard like thing added to my wedding/anniversary ring set because they had been sliding all around for over a month but thankfully never fell off!
Old 09-25-2010, 10:55 AM   #323
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
I'm currently not wearing my rings because they're just too big, but I'll wait until my weight has settled down before I get them resized. DH has had links taken out of all of his watches too.

I know we had "talked" a while back about getting rid of our flabby tummies, and that doing crunches or sit ups only made the flab stick out farther, so the thing to do was to start sucking your stomach in and holding it, then releasing and repeat.......well I THINK it may be helping! I've had this BIG overhang for years after 2 C-sections (vertical incisions) and 2 other abdominal surgeries. Now not only has it gotten smaller because of the weight loss, but I think it's actually tightening up whatever it is I'm pretty happy aboput it. I really thought the only way I'd get rid of ANY of this flab would be surgery......I may still need surgery to remove it, but it won't be as much!

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford
Old 09-25-2010, 11:03 AM   #324
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: losing in Ftm
Stats: restart Apr 2012
Start Date: 5/5/10
Another easy way to get your protein, is to stop by your grocery store and have them steam some shrimp(I have them use Old Bay with mine). I also have the low carb ketchup with some horseradish added at home for my own cocktail dressing. Instant dinner and I'm usually in and out in less than 15 min.
Old 09-25-2010, 12:57 PM   #325
Senior LCF Member

Has anyone successfully cut out artificial sweeteners while on Medi? I'm not thrilled with the amount of artificial sweeteners that I'm eating every day. I'd like to get my electrolytes without the artificial junk in Powerade Zero. Any thoughts?
Old 09-25-2010, 01:54 PM   #326
Senior LCF Member

I can't wear my wedding ring anymore either. I stopped wearing it about 2 months ago. I just went and got a cheap ring at Claires that I wear now, and will get my wedding ring sized soon, it also needs a repair so that's why I haven't taken it in yet.

I also had to buy new belts, and all new underwear and bras. I am now in a size 5 underwear, that's just crazy.
Old 09-25-2010, 03:41 PM   #327
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
Try SmartWater for electrolyte enhanced water, or the Trader Joe's version which is less $$$.

Jo
Old 09-25-2010, 05:24 PM   #328
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dodgern
Stats: 236/150.6/140- now on maintenance
Start Date: 2/26/09
Wedding Ring

Funny you mention that.....

I was almost to goal when I lost my wedding ring!!!

Good thing was...it was found...out in the parking lot at work!!!!

Didn't notice 'til 4 hrs after the fact though and though it could have been in a glove...I'm an RN so was plausible!!!!

We checked everywhere!!!!

A little irony to this story...I bought a white gold chain to wear it on 'cuz I'd gained soooo much weight and I also had an allergic reaction to the nickle in it...it's white gold!!!!

After it was found...I returned the ring to the same chain...cuz I'd LOST so much weight!!!!

I still haven't resized it....hmmmmmm...maybe a little paranoia in that!!!!!

I was lucky though....my boss lost 40lbs...using a different weight loss method...and she lost her rings...not found yet !!!!!

Both hands AND feet lose size when you lose size....be aware!!!!!

cindy
Old 09-25-2010, 06:11 PM   #329
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sara0621
Stats: 225(highest)/188.2(start @MWL)/171.6/145
After 10 weeks on Medi, I was finally brave enough to go out for dinner with a friend. I had gone out to lunches, just because I felt like there was less pressure and more ability to get a grilled chicken salad... I don't know, the thought of "going out to dinner" scared me!

Anyway, we went to (of all places) The CheeseCake Factory. I did so well! I got the lettuce wrap appetizer and just at the chicken, lettuce, and cucumber. The bread didn't even appeal to me, even as I was breaking it up into little bits for my daughter to munch on!

The one thing I did *miss* but didn't indulge in, was the Raspberry Lemonade. I'm sure that now it would taste TOO sweet to me, but it's what I always ordered to drink.

Now, the friend I went with is very health conscious and has been very supportive of my transformation, so that helped. She even suggested we go somewhere else, but to me it really was more about spending time with her, and less about the food.

I didn't even think twice about the Cheesecake! Perfectly satisfied with my chicken, lettuce, and diet coke.

Just wanted to share...
Old 09-25-2010, 06:51 PM   #330
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert-Rose7 View Post
Try SmartWater for electrolyte enhanced water, or the Trader Joe's version which is less $$$.

Jo
Thanks, Jo. That's exactly what I was looking for.
Closed Thread