Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2010, 06:54 AM   #271
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
I think a lot of mom's feel that way and when their are some medical issues with our kids it's even worse. My kids were born healthy, but my nephew and several of my friends kids had some issues that cause the mom's to give 100% of their time and effort into their kids and because of that they too have not been taking care of themselves. It happens to the best of us. Between trying to get pregnant, getting pregnant, miscarriage, pregnancy, breastfeeding, and having small kids, I put myself on the back burner also, and used all of that as an excuse to eat more than I should. And here I am over 8 years later, finally trying to take care of myself again. And for the first time in over 8 years I too feel like I am finally in my own body again, and not just in a "mom" body. It feels great. Best of luck to you.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2010, 08:19 AM   #272
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: monica2010
Stats: 231/176/130
WOE: Medi Weight loss
Start Date: July 2010
Thank you Heather. I'm from Morristown, Northern NJ. You're right it is easy to hide in all those large sweaters and coats. I'm not sure how long Medi has been around in this area. I friend of mine started about two years ago and recommended it to me. I really don't think I was ready to be serious about changes in my life back then, but now I'm loving it. Take care
Old 09-21-2010, 02:52 PM   #273
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Not Giselle
Stats: 5'8", 187/145/145
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 7/27/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lins View Post
I think a lot of mom's feel that way and when their are some medical issues with our kids it's even worse. My kids were born healthy, but my nephew and several of my friends kids had some issues that cause the mom's to give 100% of their time and effort into their kids and because of that they too have not been taking care of themselves. It happens to the best of us. Between trying to get pregnant, getting pregnant, miscarriage, pregnancy, breastfeeding, and having small kids, I put myself on the back burner also, and used all of that as an excuse to eat more than I should. And here I am over 8 years later, finally trying to take care of myself again. And for the first time in over 8 years I too feel like I am finally in my own body again, and not just in a "mom" body. It feels great. Best of luck to you.

I haven't been able to log in for a while because I've been slammed at work, but I wanted to check in to this thread. I could have written this post. I was the same way. Started putting on the weight when stressing out about getting pregnant, then miscarriages (3) (and the toll they took on my marriage), then finally having a healthy pregnancy, having a baby, then taking care of a baby. I didn't take time to take care of myself, and I lost myself.

The week before I started Medi, I saw a picture of myself at a birthday party and thought "who is this woman???? That is not me!"

Weighed today, and I'm down 27 pounds. Getting control back!!!!

Now I need to go find the threads about getting bored and fed up with chicken. MAN, I look at chicken right now and want to BARF!!!
Old 09-21-2010, 03:19 PM   #274
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
Start Date: May 11, 2010
You girls are so right - what is it about trying to get pregnant, being pregnant, then having kids that causes us to put ourselves last? My oldest daughter turns 5 on Monday and I realized this morning that in her lifetime, she has never seen me at this weight. Sad, huh? When I gave birth to her I was 220's, lost about 20 of that after having her...but haven't been below 200 lbs since conceiving her. So sad. I hate how I have hidden from so many of our family pictures because I always hated how I looked...no more! I want to be a part of those memories! The most important thing I need to always tell myself that if I take care of myself now, it only helps me take care of them better. And what better lesson to teach my daughters - to be the healthiest that you can be!

I was down 2 more lbs this morning at the clinic - 70.6 total, 30 more to go. I would LOVE to hit transition by Christmas (and my birthday which is 12/24). That would be the best gift I could give myself. I know these last 30 lbs will come off much slower than the beginning, but I need to keep motivated.

Over 100lbs. GONE FOREVER
Thanks to MWL!
8 months to Wellness....5/11/10 - 1/11/11
Old 09-21-2010, 05:05 PM   #275
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnK
Stats: 5'2" 133/133/115
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 7/22/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2princesses View Post
You girls are so right - what is it about trying to get pregnant, being pregnant, then having kids that causes us to put ourselves last? My oldest daughter turns 5 on Monday and I realized this morning that in her lifetime, she has never seen me at this weight. Sad, huh? When I gave birth to her I was 220's, lost about 20 of that after having her...but haven't been below 200 lbs since conceiving her. So sad. I hate how I have hidden from so many of our family pictures because I always hated how I looked...no more! I want to be a part of those memories! The most important thing I need to always tell myself that if I take care of myself now, it only helps me take care of them better. And what better lesson to teach my daughters - to be the healthiest that you can be!

I was down 2 more lbs this morning at the clinic - 70.6 total, 30 more to go. I would LOVE to hit transition by Christmas (and my birthday which is 12/24). That would be the best gift I could give myself. I know these last 30 lbs will come off much slower than the beginning, but I need to keep motivated.
YAY, Keri!!! You're doing great - and I bet you DO make it by Christmas.
Old 09-21-2010, 05:36 PM   #276
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: monica2010
Stats: 231/176/130
WOE: Medi Weight loss
Start Date: July 2010
Wow Mommy2princesses 70.6 lbs. Good for you! I can't wait to get there. I feel the same way, my daughter (5) has never seen me weight less than 200lbs and the other day she said to me "mami, you look beautiful, your face looks so different" I almost cried but instead started telling her about how important it is to eat healthy and exercise. I think the best think I can do for my kids is set a good example for them. Also for the first time I can't wait for Christmas pictures. Take care and way to go!!!
Old 09-21-2010, 05:49 PM   #277
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by monica2010 View Post
Wow Mommy2princesses 70.6 lbs. Good for you! I can't wait to get there. I feel the same way, my daughter (5) has never seen me weight less than 200lbs and the other day she said to me "mami, you look beautiful, your face looks so different" I almost cried but instead started telling her about how important it is to eat healthy and exercise. I think the best think I can do for my kids is set a good example for them. Also for the first time I can't wait for Christmas pictures. Take care and way to go!!!
Thank You Ann! I will just keep telling myself as we make it through birthdays, Halloween, Thanksgiving, etc....that nothing will ever taste better than giving myself that ultimate gift of reaching goal weight. "Nothing tastes better than skinny feels", right???

Monica - I actually asked my husband the other day if for our Christmas card he'd like to do a picture of the 4 of us, rather than one of just the 2 girls. NEVER before would I have ever suggested taking a picture with me in it and sending it out to all of our family and friends. But now, I think that would be a good idea! Funny how some things change!
Old 09-21-2010, 06:43 PM   #278
Senior LCF Member

You can do it Keri!!!

I came here tonight purely to find motivation to not eat anything else tonight. I am at my calories for today and don't need anything else. Thanks for helping me out.
Old 09-21-2010, 06:48 PM   #279
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Ladmo
Stats: 248/18/175
WOE: Medi-Weight Loss
Start Date: 9/16/10
Hello, just wanted to stick my head and say thanks for all the inspirations I found here. Finishing day 5 now and I see (and have read some) the answers to any question I might have - already posted here. Such a wealth of experience and useful practical information is truly a Godsend. I know my journey is just beginning, but I congratulate all those who have met their goal and I plan on joining you folks in the not too distant future. So far the struggle hasn't been that arduous and I'm grateful for that. Although, who'd of thunk you could miss ketchup. Wow! Was I ready or what! Anyway thanks again.
Gary
Old 09-21-2010, 06:54 PM   #280
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: YankeeMom27
Stats: 181/156.8/145
WOE: Medi WeightLoss
Start Date: restart 03/29/13
I was the same way, mommy2princesses! I never wanted my picture taken because I loathed the way I looked. It actually was a picture of me in a bathing suit that my friend sent me this summer that got me to Medi. Now, I told my husband that I want to do a Christmas picture of the 4 of us on the beach as our Christmas card!

I was a bit taken aback today when my husband told me I was getting too skinny. First of all, no one has EVER said that to me, but I am still 11 pounds from my goal (5 pounds heavier than I was when I got married). I actually was going to lower my goal because I don't seem to be losing from my trouble spots enough (thighs, hips and chest). I just hope he won't give me a hard time if I continue to keep losing weight.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:35 PM   #281
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2princesses View Post
Thank You Ann! I will just keep telling myself as we make it through birthdays, Halloween, Thanksgiving, etc....that nothing will ever taste better than giving myself that ultimate gift of reaching goal weight. "Nothing tastes better than skinny feels", right???

Monica - I actually asked my husband the other day if for our Christmas card he'd like to do a picture of the 4 of us, rather than one of just the 2 girls. NEVER before would I have ever suggested taking a picture with me in it and sending it out to all of our family and friends. But now, I think that would be a good idea! Funny how some things change!
Keri, you see, it looks like your small misstep last week with the coffe cake made you more determined and you lost this week, great job! I need to chime in about the pictures. I would avoid them whenever I can but if I can't I would hide behind somebody and only have my face in the picture. I was trying to find a good "before" picture to post and I cannot! Only my face everywhere... It all changed now. When my husband is taking pictures of our grandchildren, I usually ask to be photographed by myself and with them. Just another benefit to add to my list of benefits of weight loss.

"Nothing tastes better than thin feels"
-------------------
Was in wellness!
Restart on 04/05/11 to lose 15 gained lb
253/148/140
Old 09-21-2010, 08:47 PM   #282
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: YankeeMom27
Stats: 181/156.8/145
WOE: Medi WeightLoss
Start Date: restart 03/29/13
I cried throughout the whole episode of The Biggest Loser tonight - I related to each one of them in their battle (some of them, lifelong) with their weight and felt so bad for the ones that didn't make it on the show. Some of the stories were absolutely heart-wrenching
Old 09-21-2010, 08:52 PM   #283
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: msawhitt
Stats: 220/130/145
WOE: Medi
Start Date: August 11, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladmo View Post
Although, who'd of thunk you could miss ketchup.

Gary
Just a heads up- Heinz reduced sugar ketchup is on "The list", at 1 carb per Tablespoon I use a teaspoon or two on my eggs in the morning when I just can't seem to swallow them. I can't remember if it was OK for week 1, I picked mine up after week 2. My boyfriend (who is not on Medi) says he can't reallt taste a difference.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:21 PM   #284
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Ladmo
Stats: 248/18/175
WOE: Medi-Weight Loss
Start Date: 9/16/10
Thanks Stacy, very cool. Will try it when I get some carbs budgeted.
Gary
Old 09-21-2010, 09:29 PM   #285
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Keri - You have done incredibly well! I'm so happy for your new love of the camera! Don't be hard on yourself for "waiting" til your daughter was 5. My daughter (who we saw over vacation in August and just turned 26 yo) said she couldn't remember me ever looking that "small"--I was 145 during that visit. I was last 145 after a different weight loss program and had lost 23 lbs about 13 years ago! Congratulations to you again!
Old 09-22-2010, 04:23 AM   #286
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: losing in Ftm
Stats: restart Apr 2012
Start Date: 5/5/10
Another comment on pictures. My husband died about 7 years ago and except our wedding pictures there are only a handful of shots of both of us. My daughter wanted one of all 3 of us together and I'm ashamed to admit we don't have one. I always made sure I was the one taking the pictures. Now I make sure I'm in front of the camera as often as behind it.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:10 AM   #287
Senior LCF Member

We are having family pictures taken this fall and it's the first time in 4 years. I am actually looking forward to it.

I weighted this morning which was a bad thing, or I guess maybe it was a good thing. Apparenlty I am not very good at transition. I am up 2lbs this morning. I also didn't get enough water yesterday so I will change that today. So I am going to go back to a acute phase eatting style for the next few days and see if that helps. I do NOT want to gain this weight back, I refuse. And really I want to lose a few more pounds. I'm not going to do it eating the way I have the past few days. What's funny is that compared to the way I use to eat I've still be eating well, but just not enough to maintain or lose weight I guess. I can now see how I got to fat.

Here's to a good eating, and water consumption day for everyone!
Old 09-22-2010, 08:27 AM   #288
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by losing in Ftm View Post
Another comment on pictures. My husband died about 7 years ago and except our wedding pictures there are only a handful of shots of both of us. My daughter wanted one of all 3 of us together and I'm ashamed to admit we don't have one. I always made sure I was the one taking the pictures. Now I make sure I'm in front of the camera as often as behind it.
It's funny you say that. I do slideshows as a side job for extra $. The kind with pictures, special effects and video clips set to music, the kind you see at Weddings. Anyway, I am doing one for my niece who is getting married on October 2nd. Sadly there is about a 10 years span where there is not a single picture of me. I was always the one taking the pictures.

It is so sad on how we have missed out because of how we looked. No more!
Old 09-22-2010, 08:30 AM   #289
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: msawhitt
Stats: 220/130/145
Start Date: August 11, 2010
Back from a weigh in, and hit my first "mini-goal"...20 pounds lost with Medi! Very exciting, considering I have not been home for more than 3 days at a time since starting the program on August 11th. I am grounded until Thanksgiving (as in, I will be home full-time, lol) so I have some time ahead of me to do the program perfectly and get done with it!

Have a great day, everyone!

**By "get it done with", I mean weight loss, not this WOE. I have settled very much into a healthy eating pattern, and have gotten the whole family on board! My boyfriend has let me start packing his meals for work, and we cleaned out the freezer and pantry to get rid of the junk. I can't imagine going back to where I was, and I have been diligent in getting rid of clothes as soon as they don't fit well anymore so that I don't have any larger sizes sitting around.

lost 45 pounds in 3 months with MWL!

total loss of 90 pounds since May 2010

In maintenance : )

Last edited by msawhitt; 09-22-2010 at 08:36 AM..
Old 09-22-2010, 12:11 PM   #290
Senior LCF Member

I am posting this from another board I am on. Capri is my 2 yr old. It wasn't a good day. Not Medi related, I just wanted to share. But I can add that I didn't eat off plan today despite my emotions.

This morning, I locked the front door, turned on a movie for Capri, in the playroom and got in the shower. When I came out of the shower the playroom door was closed and I could still hear the movie playing. So I got dressed, brushed my hair, got a drink, and then went to check on her. She wasn't in the playroom. So I called for her, and started to look in the other rooms, when I realized she wasn't in the house. That's when panic set in. I ran outside, called her name, ran around the house, didn't see her, went back in the house and looked again, went back outside....you get the idea. Called Nick in a panic and he headed home from work. I went back outside and that's when I saw a police men headed down our street. I yelled for him and he said "we have your little girl, and she's just fine".

We live in the edge street of our development, and there is a sidewalk leading to the next neighborhood over. It's the sidewalk we walk every day that leads to the girls school. Apparently Capri headed to her sisters. A lady who was also home with her kids saw her and called the police. Capri wasn't scared at all, she was happily playing with the ladies little boys, completly unaware that was looking for her.

The police were super nice. One of them has a little girl who is almost 2. He totally understood how quickly they can excape. I had no idea whe knew how to unlock and open the front door. They took my name for the report and then let me take her home.

That's when the tears came and now I am feeling like the worst mom in the whole wide world. Not a good day.
Old 09-22-2010, 12:14 PM   #291
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ortal
Stats: 184/138/120 5'5"
Start Date: 4/26/2010
you look fab stacey, congrats on the mini goal.

me, Ive kind of Jumped ship to get out of my plateau.... Ive gone from pure medi to medi/weight watchers hybrid. Its worked though, Im comfortably in the 130s and a size 4 I still dont eat carbs (bread, pasta, beans, etc) except for fiber-one bars (a welcome break from eggs or turkey every morning) and it hasnt stalled anything. I dont think I will ever be able to eat those things like I used to. Hell, I dont remember the last time I had a sandwich!!

I also upped my veggie intake since my daily calories are still low. Ive come to the realization that at this weight losing a pound a week is fine, and I dont want to pay 70$ a week for it. I do still want to go back to my clinic, Im just waiting for some extra cash flow when my roomate moves in.

this past week I really slacked off at the gym , been so busy, so Ill get on that as soon as this presentation tonight is over. Ime xcited to get back to the gym, Im afraid to loose muscle mass and my bottom half is still flabby.

Mini Goal - 130 by 10/30
Ultimate Goal - 120 by the end of the year.

Last edited by Ortal; 09-22-2010 at 12:17 PM..
Old 09-22-2010, 02:06 PM   #292
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Keri what a GREAT idea......I'm going to see if my DH is interested in pictures for our Christmas cards too! As of today he's lost 75 pounds on Medi and I've lost 61 (I've been going 1 week longer than he has)I'm down another 2 pounds this week.
The last time we had family pictures my daughter was a toddler (she'll be 30 next month) It is so sad when we let our weight interfere with our lives!
Both of my kids are happy for our weightloss but both commented that I have "been on a diet their whole lives"......neither believe I'll keep it off this time. That's OK.....I KNOW I will! For a change I'm not trying to "get around" the rules. I stick to the plan, all though I don't always get in enough exercise

Lins I'm getting scared about transition, and I still have 40 pounds to go! I was just saying that Medi has actually been pretty easy for me (acute phase)! I don't think much about food. I eat when I'm hungry, and when I'm hungry just about anything that is on program, fills me up, so I don't really care what it is........in fact I almost think variety has been one of the reasons I've gained and re-gained so much weight all of my life. Right now I can cook, and bake "goodies" for others and just eat what is Medi friendly. I'm not sure adding back foods will be a good thing.......at least that won't come for a while. DH will get there before me, and that's another concern for me!

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford
Old 09-22-2010, 02:55 PM   #293
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Charlene4
Stats: 154.5/135/135
WOE: vegan/vegetarian
Start Date: June 7,2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by lins View Post
I am posting this from another board I am on. Capri is my 2 yr old. It wasn't a good day. Not Medi related, I just wanted to share. But I can add that I didn't eat off plan today despite my emotions.

This morning, I locked the front door, turned on a movie for Capri, in the playroom and got in the shower. When I came out of the shower the playroom door was closed and I could still hear the movie playing. So I got dressed, brushed my hair, got a drink, and then went to check on her. She wasn't in the playroom. So I called for her, and started to look in the other rooms, when I realized she wasn't in the house. That's when panic set in. I ran outside, called her name, ran around the house, didn't see her, went back in the house and looked again, went back outside....you get the idea. Called Nick in a panic and he headed home from work. I went back outside and that's when I saw a police men headed down our street. I yelled for him and he said "we have your little girl, and she's just fine".

We live in the edge street of our development, and there is a sidewalk leading to the next neighborhood over. It's the sidewalk we walk every day that leads to the girls school. Apparently Capri headed to her sisters. A lady who was also home with her kids saw her and called the police. Capri wasn't scared at all, she was happily playing with the ladies little boys, completly unaware that was looking for her.

The police were super nice. One of them has a little girl who is almost 2. He totally understood how quickly they can excape. I had no idea whe knew how to unlock and open the front door. They took my name for the report and then let me take her home.

That's when the tears came and now I am feeling like the worst mom in the whole wide world. Not a good day.

ugh, WHAT A NIGHTMARE! That has been a huge fear of mine since having my son. As soon as he learned to walk I went to home depot and bought chain locked for all the doors and installed them really high up so he couldn't possibly reach. We live really close to a very busy street and I fear the worst if he were to ever get out. I'm so sorry you had to deal with that!
Old 09-22-2010, 04:13 PM   #294
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: loyemarie
Stats: 5'7"~258/226.2/170
Start Date: September 8, 2010
Well, I went to the clinic today for my second weigh-in on program, and only lost 2.3 lbs. I was hoping to break a "ten". Although I was compliant on program, I may have had too much salt and not enough water the last few days, because he said my water was up, so I'll be more mindful of those things this week. But I'm not really complaining... 15.8 down in 2 weeks.

At least I found out I'm supposed to eat 800 calories and up to 25 gr. carbs. No one "hipped" me to that, and it wasn't in the literature. They were super busy today and didn't have time to go over the program with me, which is kinda annoying, given the fact that I just forked over $70. I'll call Monday to get an extra appointment when they feel they won't be busy. I think it's only fair!

loyemarie
Old 09-22-2010, 06:47 PM   #295
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loyemarie View Post
Well, I went to the clinic today for my second weigh-in on program, and only lost 2.3 lbs. I was hoping to break a "ten". Although I was compliant on program, I may have had too much salt and not enough water the last few days, because he said my water was up, so I'll be more mindful of those things this week. But I'm not really complaining... 15.8 down in 2 weeks.

At least I found out I'm supposed to eat 800 calories and up to 25 gr. carbs. No one "hipped" me to that, and it wasn't in the literature. They were super busy today and didn't have time to go over the program with me, which is kinda annoying, given the fact that I just forked over $70. I'll call Monday to get an extra appointment when they feel they won't be busy. I think it's only fair!

loyemarie
Just curious, which Central Florida Medi do you go to?
Old 09-22-2010, 06:52 PM   #296
Major LCF Poster!

Lins,

Do not feel like a bad mother. We have all been there and so much about parenting is learning from our kids actions. Thank goodness, our kids are rezilient (sp?). You can tell just from your reaction what a wonderful and caring Mom you are. My heart goes out to you.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:14 PM   #297
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: malloryann11
Stats: 185/179.6/160
Start Date: November 3, 2009, Restart Aug. 24 2010
Hey All:
Just checking in... doing well and losing weight hoping to get 20 pounds lost by next friday!
Old 09-23-2010, 09:12 AM   #298
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
We had a fun day yesterday going to a HUGE thrift store in the West Palm Beach area after our weigh in. Bill was able to get 5 brand new (with original tags still on) golf type shirts, and on top of that several were 1/2 off of the thrift store price, so all except one was around $5.00! I found a couple tops....one was new with tags. Mainly I bought hard bound books at $.95 each!
Today we both sorted through our closet AGAIN, and got rid of more. Bill doesn't have even one pair of long pants that fit! I had a pair of size 14 jeans, that I've lugged around for at least 15 years waiting to fit into them! I LOVED them.....and today I CAN! Then I promptly put them in the "Goodwill" pile........the style was horrid! !
Bill has a job interview next week (he was layed off in June) so we're going shopping for something for him to wear with a beautiful sportcoat he bought several years ago, but never had the chance to wear. Cross your fingers for him! All though it would mean we would have to live apart for a while, and then move.....it's all workable!
Old 09-23-2010, 10:26 AM   #299
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnK
Stats: 5'2" 133/133/115
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 7/22/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary T8M View Post
Today we both sorted through our closet AGAIN, and got rid of more. Bill doesn't have even one pair of long pants that fit! I had a pair of size 14 jeans, that I've lugged around for at least 15 years waiting to fit into them! I LOVED them.....and today I CAN! Then I promptly put them in the "Goodwill" pile........the style was horrid! !!
Mary ~ SO funny!! I feel your pain... that little black skirt that's hung in the back of my closet for YEARS is now almost too big. Loved it so much, but you know what? It's polyester & pretty darn ugly... guess I'll donate it, tag and all...
Hey, best of luck to your hubby at the interview. Keeping my fingers crossed for a new & exciting phase in your lives!
Old 09-23-2010, 11:08 AM   #300
Senior LCF Member

Today has been awful. It started with my 2 yr old and a mess with poop on the carpet, then my car wouldn't start, and I was late to a meeting. Then I broke a vase and spilled water ALL over the kitchen. And my brother-n-law and father in law are coming today to stay for 3 days and my Father-n-law is not an easy person to get along with. So I am just trying to run around and get things done today and nothing seems to be going right. I really just needed to vent. I am really dealing with WANTING to emotionally eat lately. So far I have been good 99% of the time, but I just hate that I want to turn to food all the time. For those of you who belive in prayer I could really use some of it today. Thanks!
Closed Thread