Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2010, 06:34 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: efie30
Thinking of joining - Am I being lazy?

Friends: I have 10, maybe 15 pounds to lose that I have gained over the past year due to stress-snacking. I am miserable and want it gone fast. I am not quite considered overweight, but am at the top end of what is considered a normal BMI. Would medi be a good choice?

From what I have read in this forum, I know the first week is very restrictive, the weight loss phase runs about 700-900 calories a day and maintenence is about 1200 or so. I am eating about 1500-1800 now (not low carb) and feeling hungry. I am afraid that on Medi, my body will feel like its starving and actually pack on anything over the prescribed calorie amount as regained fat. Did anyone have these reservations about screwing up their metabolism?

I know I just need to quit snacking and maybe the 10 pounds I gained will come off slowly like I gained them, but I want to feel like my old self again...I miss my old clothes!

Appreciating your honest feedback, Jennifer
efie30 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2010, 06:59 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
Take a look at the program's website, find the clinic nearest to you and call for further information. That is the safest way to get complete info in your area.

Medical Weight Loss Clinic - Physician-Supervised Weight Loss - Medi-Weightloss Clinics

And browse the current threads regarding food/exercise, the monthly thread and the newbie thread. There is a great deal of information to be gleaned from them all. Please check for a thread using the search functionality and you will find all sorts of great information about this program and questions that have been asked and answered over the last couple of years.

Welcome!

Jo

T
Old 09-01-2010, 04:15 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnK
Stats: 5'2" 133/133/115
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 7/22/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by efie30 View Post
Friends: I have 10, maybe 15 pounds to lose that I have gained over the past year due to stress-snacking. I am miserable and want it gone fast. I am not quite considered overweight, but am at the top end of what is considered a normal BMI. Would medi be a good choice?

From what I have read in this forum, I know the first week is very restrictive, the weight loss phase runs about 700-900 calories a day and maintenence is about 1200 or so. I am eating about 1500-1800 now (not low carb) and feeling hungry. I am afraid that on Medi, my body will feel like its starving and actually pack on anything over the prescribed calorie amount as regained fat. Did anyone have these reservations about screwing up their metabolism?

I know I just need to quit snacking and maybe the 10 pounds I gained will come off slowly like I gained them, but I want to feel like my old self again...I miss my old clothes!

Appreciating your honest feedback, Jennifer
Hi Jennifer ~ I'm finishing my 6th week. I have a goal of losing 25 lbs, and, as of a week ago, I had lost 12.5 lbs. Believe it or not, your body doesn't starve on this program - and I feel SO much better emotionally. I'm also in this to improve my blood pressure, cholesterol & general health. In my case, the support of the clinic staff & this forum has been critical in keeping me on track. I'd suggest, if you haven't already, that you make an appointment to go talk with a Medi counselor. They can answer all of your questions & give you a better idea if this is for you.