Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2010, 04:09 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: molsen
Stats: 241.5
WOE: Medi
Start Date: August 14, 2010
Week 2

Hope I am asking this question in the right place...

I am on week 2 and my clinic said I can either add 2 veggie's or 1 veggies and 1 fruit a day. Do I count the calories and carbs on these? Also I was told to add 3 fats (olive oil, salad dressing or nuts) within the week. Do I count these calories and carbs as well. Just confused if these are extra's to the 500-600 calories they told me.

Also I noticed people have what they have lost for each week in their comments is this a tool you can add to your profile?

Lost 10.5 in the first week!
molsen is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2010, 05:46 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: msawhitt
Stats: 220/130/145
Start Date: August 11, 2010
1. No, these calories do not count towards your 500-600 protein calories. Here is what I started doing to keep it simple:

Under the "log" for protein calories in your Medi checkbook/food journal, I made 3 check boxes: one for a veg, one for a veg or fruit, then one extra. The extra one alternates days (one day it is for a healthy fat, one day it is for a healthy snack), then there is no "extras" box on the day I got to the clinic (since you only get 3 healthy fats and 3 healthy snacks, Medi day is an easy way to keep track of that 7th day when you shouldn't have anything). My doctor told me he still only wants to see protein calories logged, so I just stick to the approved veg/fruit/snack/fat list and make my checks when I have had one serving for the day. Does that make sense??

2. If you want to add your weight loss, at the top of the forum there is a button for "User control panel". In here, you can "edit signature", and here is where you can put your weight loss, or any other comments you want to recur on every post you make.

Hope this helps!

lost 45 pounds in 3 months with MWL!

total loss of 90 pounds since May 2010

In maintenance : )
msawhitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 05:23 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: molsen
Stats: 241.5
Start Date: August 14, 2010
Hi Stacey,

Thank you so much. This is a great idea. I am going to do this as well in my journal.

So dont count the carbs either on the veg, fruits, snack or healthy fat?

Michelle
molsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 06:29 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by molsen View Post
Hi Stacey,

Thank you so much. This is a great idea. I am going to do this as well in my journal.

So dont count the carbs either on the veg, fruits, snack or healthy fat?

Michelle
Even in the first weeks, I did not count carbs in veggies/fruits. As long as you take the prescribed amount measured in 1/2 or full cap, you should be OK. Just make sure not to pack your fruits. By the way, I found that when I was sticking to all veggies my weight loss was greater.
irabeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 06:00 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jillo
Stats: 247/197/175 5'7"
WOE: MEDI on my own
Start Date: March 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by msawhitt View Post
1. No, these calories do not count towards your 500-600 protein calories. Here is what I started doing to keep it simple:

Under the "log" for protein calories in your Medi checkbook/food journal, I made 3 check boxes: one for a veg, one for a veg or fruit, then one extra. The extra one alternates days (one day it is for a healthy fat, one day it is for a healthy snack), then there is no "extras" box on the day I got to the clinic (since you only get 3 healthy fats and 3 healthy snacks, Medi day is an easy way to keep track of that 7th day when you shouldn't have anything). My doctor told me he still only wants to see protein calories logged, so I just stick to the approved veg/fruit/snack/fat list and make my checks when I have had one serving for the day. Does that make sense??

Hope this helps!
This is exactly what I was looking for! Could you please post a little picture of what your log with check boxes looks like?
Jillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 03:28 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
Please take a look at the following thread and you will find a lot of answers and assistance there:

Energy In (Food) and Energy Out (Exercise)

Jo
Desert-Rose7 is offline   Reply With Quote