Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Medi Weightloss (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/)
-   -   ugh... need to do this on my own (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/686797-ugh-need-do-my-own.html)

Jennc143 08-12-2010 08:19 AM

ugh... need to do this on my own

I was doing medi weight loss... felt pretty good... but the cost for me was starting to add up. I want to try it on my own but fear that I will fail without the stay slim pills etc..

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get through the first 2 weeks etc.. "pill free"?:confused:

Is anyone else in my boat and doing it on their own?

(i do have about a weeks worth of fat burner/calcium/colone cleanse and vitasuper left... just not the stay slim... and of course... no b12 shots:annoyed:)

nsjx 08-12-2010 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jennc143 (Post 13784297)
I was doing medi weight loss... felt pretty good... but the cost for me was starting to add up. I want to try it on my own but fear that I will fail without the stay slim pills etc..

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get through the first 2 weeks etc.. "pill free"?:confused:

Is anyone else in my boat and doing it on their own?

(i do have about a weeks worth of fat burner/calcium/colone cleanse and vitasuper left... just not the stay slim... and of course... no b12 shots:annoyed:)

I did medi on my own since April. I have high blood pressure so I could not take any of the pills so I opt to do it on my own. With the help of this board, determination to loose the weight and will-power I did it on my own. I have never even tested for ketosis. Never bought it. Could not find the sticks and gave up. I just followed the plan and it worked. I take calcium pyruvate, multi-vitamin, b12 drops, juice plus fruits and vegetables in capsules, extra iron. You can do it. People are shocked when they see me. Someone told me today I look 20 years younger. I am actually wearing a size 8 down from 14. I credit this board and all the people who share their stories. God bless you all.

lins 08-12-2010 04:11 PM

I agree just go get a multi vitamin, a fat burner, a calcium, and a B-complex....and whatever else you might need. The ketosticks are with the diabetes supplies in wallgreens. I am not on any of the "Medi" meds anymore because I found that they were cheaper elsewear. And I am no longer on the AS.

losing in Ftm 08-21-2010 08:20 AM

I've thought about doing this also because of cost but, for me, the money I have to spend makes me more motivated to make this plan work for me. I know when I was attending Weight Watchers and trying the South Beach diet the I was able to talk myself into slipping. I haven't slipped one day on this plan and part of the reason, besides this board and the program, is because of the money I have spend. I keep a total on my phone for all the vitamins, protein mixes and weekly clinic costs so I know exactly how much I have spent.

momoftwoboys0425 08-24-2010 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lins (Post 13785922)
I agree just go get a multi vitamin, a fat burner, a calcium, and a B-complex....and whatever else you might need. The ketosticks are with the diabetes supplies in wallgreens. I am not on any of the "Medi" meds anymore because I found that they were cheaper elsewear. And I am no longer on the AS.

How exactly do you use these? In what amounts/dosage per day? Please advise too. I'm in the same boat! Want to lose but I just can't spend the money...thanks..

lins 08-26-2010 06:16 AM

I just follow the bottle as far as dosage is concerned.

Rhodeislander 08-28-2010 09:03 AM

Cost

I'm doing the same thing. I found green tea fat burner at Walmart for 9.00.
Anyone know whats in the weekly shots? How do I replace that? Just B12?
Thanks

efie30 08-31-2010 07:02 PM

Is there a prescription appetite suppressant given by the doctor in the medi office?

clergywife 01-06-2011 05:07 PM

This question is for people who have been on Medi for a while. I am in week 7 and this is the first week I haven't lost anything, stayed the same. I did lose 2% body fat and increased lean muscle but didn't lose on the scale. Followed the plan, am in Ketosis and have exercised. Does this happen? I was doing so good losing. I will just stay the course but I was wondering if anyone else had this experience.

Thanks