Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2010, 01:09 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
*.*Absolutely Amazing August with MWL*.*

Here we go into the hottest days of the summer, those "lazy, hazy, crazy days" of summer. Remember, during all the activities and all the heat, to keep your focus on the program, to keep exercising and eating on plan. You can own August, and make it your most successful month yet!

Let's go!

Jo

Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2010, 05:04 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnK
Stats: 5'2" 133/133/115
Start Date: 7/22/14
Blog Question

Good Morning! I hope this isn't out of place here, but I can't figure out where to ask ~ I've been keeping a blog of my Medi journey, but after 12 days, there was no way to post anymore to my blog. Am I at my blog entry limit? Can anyone help?
ps ~ I have my 2nd weigh-in tomorrow. Hope it's good news, 'cause I've been a VERY good girl this week .....
Old 08-01-2010, 10:19 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Charlene4
Stats: 154.5/135/135
WOE: vegan/vegetarian
Start Date: June 7,2010
question

I work Sundays and it's usually boring so I google stuff most of the day. Anyway, I remember awhile back reading that some people got some type of "metabolism test" or something when you are transitioning into maintenance. I'm remember something about breathing into a machine or something. Can anyone tell me about this or tell me what keywords to use to search because I am not having any success finding info.

In other news, it's so funny because I technically gained a pound this week but I am more positive than ever about my week because I went shopping yesterday for a pair of new shorts or capris or something to wear in this heat that isn't all loose on me and I was able to buy a size 6 at Charlotte Russe....which is a store primarily focused on teens and I can not usually fit into much there because it runs so small. I didn't have muffin top at all and I could totally breathe and bend over! My secret goal was to make it to a size 4, which I have never been in my adult life and now it's looking possible! And my awesome husband bought me an awesome new exercise bike and a bunch of new clothes from various places as a congratulations gift. I tried to get stuff that would look ok a little loose because hopefully soon it will be loose soon. So giddy!

maintenance
Old 08-01-2010, 10:26 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
~AnnK~Not really sure what to tell you about your blog. You might try checking the control panel for your blog, and if that yields no help, then you may wish to contact the moderators for assistance, unless someone here is able to help you. Sorry that I cannot offer more help here.

Jo
Old 08-01-2010, 12:05 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SonoRoo
Stats: 5'1" ~ 187.6/162/115
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: May 20, 2010
I'm finally off call!!! Holy crap! I have a day off! I am going to watch Salt with my mom and teens. No popcorn! I'll have to bring a healthy snack. I'm just hovering around 161 this week and missed my mini goal, but it's ok. Now I feel like I can get back on track and back on schedule now that I am not working my partner's shift. Workout tonight and in the morning. My new goal is under 150 before the end of August but I am hoping to be closer to 145. Probably unrealistic but I am working for it.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!!

Do Over Mini Goal: at or below 160 before May
Old 08-01-2010, 12:10 PM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cjaigner
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 7/20/2010
MWL Question

I am finishing up week two. I have noticed my face has broken out more in the past two weeks than when I was a teenager. Any thougths?

Thank you!
Old 08-01-2010, 12:35 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlene4 View Post
I work Sundays and it's usually boring so I google stuff most of the day. Anyway, I remember awhile back reading that some people got some type of "metabolism test" or something when you are transitioning into maintenance. I'm remember something about breathing into a machine or something. Can anyone tell me about this or tell me what keywords to use to search because I am not having any success finding info.
The machine we use at our clinic is called Reevue and is made by Korr. You can read about it at REEVUE Indirect Calorimeter.
Old 08-01-2010, 12:40 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
I know most people set weightloss goals, but I like to set behavioral goals. My reason for this is that I can't control what the scale is going to say, what I can control is my behavior which influences what the scale is going to say. So if I know that I had a good week of staying within my calorie & carb limits, drank all my fluids, journaled and exercised, I mark it up as a success independent of what the scale says.

This WOE is a WOL for me, so following it is more important in the long term than what the scale reflects in the short term.
Old 08-01-2010, 01:13 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
I had a great day yesterday and have a great attitude today, so I am past my "life's not fair" attitude. I wore a new (size 8) dress at chruch today and I got a million complimetns, about how skinny I was. I also added my vacation pictures to facebook and had lots of people tell me how skinny I looked. I am not doing this for compliments, but they are incouraging none the less. I ran 2 miles without stopping last night (I usually do 4 miles, but I stop and walk every mile or so), and had to come in due to lightening, but I did another 30 minutes on my Gazelle.

Tonight my dh and I are going on a date night, while my girls spend the night with my parents. Instead of going out to dinner, we are packing a lunch and going walking at the lake. That is a TOTAL change from my old WOE. We rarely go out to eat then or now, but then I use to go out and order super fattening foods (I'm sure 1500+ cal for one meal), and order frozen margarittas. Now I am packing water, and grilled chicken.......LOL And we will do a 4 mile walk.
Old 08-01-2010, 02:58 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
Quote:
Anyway, I remember awhile back reading that some people got some type of "metabolism test" or something when you are transitioning into maintenance.
Our clinic doesn't do this in Fort Worth. At least they didn't offer it to me. Curious to see if the Southlake one does.

Quote:
I was able to buy a size 6 at Charlotte Russe....which is a store primarily focused on teens and I can not usually fit into much there because it runs so small. I didn't have muffin top at all and I could totally breathe and bend over!
This made me smile! Way to go!
Old 08-01-2010, 05:19 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: txntv
Stats: 5'5" 169.5/131/140
Start Date: March 25, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by eptexy View Post
Our clinic doesn't do this in Fort Worth. At least they didn't offer it to me. Curious to see if the Southlake one does.
Richardson didn't offer it either.

I hate clothing sizes... I'm one of those who can't get in smaller sizes, which caused problems in high school. I got down to 120 pounds (5'5") for a brief time and STILL COULD NOT wear anything smaller than a 10 (and only could wear a few 10s at that). It caused problems because I still thought I was fat and started eating <600 per day and even went without eating for a whole day.

I've only been able to get into one eight so far, but it's mostly 10 and 12s (it's sad how sizes are all over the place). I even had an old pair of 16 shorts that fit just like my old 12s.
July: -2.5
Beyond: -5
Total loss: 38

Wellness...
Old 08-01-2010, 06:02 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

I went shopping today and got a size 6 bermuda shorts! I haven't been a size 6 since high school. I was a size 8 when I got engaged 11 years ago. I am thrilled. I can't imagine what size I will be when I loose another 10-15lbs. I am 5'1
Old 08-01-2010, 08:11 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Nance7
Stats: 5'3" 165/125/135 Restart 7/9/12 at 142
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 5/31/2010
Quote:
In other news, it's so funny because I technically gained a pound this week but I am more positive than ever about my week because I went shopping yesterday for a pair of new shorts or capris or something to wear in this heat that isn't all loose on me and I was able to buy a size 6 at Charlotte Russe....which is a store primarily focused on teens and I can not usually fit into much there because it runs so small. I didn't have muffin top at all and I could totally breathe and bend over! My secret goal was to make it to a size 4, which I have never been in my adult life and now it's looking possible! And my awesome husband bought me an awesome new exercise bike and a bunch of new clothes from various places as a congratulations gift. I tried to get stuff that would look ok a little loose because hopefully soon it will be loose soon. So giddy!
So happy for you, Charlene! And to think you have done all of this while being a vegetarian. I think that is amazing. You enjoy every second of those new clothes and feeling giddy. You deserve it!
Old 08-01-2010, 08:35 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Charlene4
Stats: 154.5/135/135
WOE: vegan/vegetarian
Start Date: June 7,2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by eptexy View Post

This made me smile! Way to go!
They have never said anything to me about it but I'm gonna ask on Friday morning when I go in. I wonder how accurate it is as far as measuring the amount of calories you SHOULD be able to eat....I think I'm just paranoid about getting close to my goal and increasing calories.
Old 08-02-2010, 05:48 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tydreamer
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 2/10/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDC2 View Post
I know most people set weightloss goals, but I like to set behavioral goals. My reason for this is that I can't control what the scale is going to say, what I can control is my behavior which influences what the scale is going to say.
This may be the most meaningful thing I've ever read on LCF. And it couldn't have come at more appropriate time for me. Susie, thank you!!!!
Old 08-02-2010, 05:54 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
They have never said anything to me about it but I'm gonna ask on Friday morning when I go in. I wonder how accurate it is as far as measuring the amount of calories you SHOULD be able to eat....I think I'm just paranoid about getting close to my goal and increasing calories.
When I was getting close to my original goal (which I've lowered), they talked to me about this at my clinic. I ended up putting it off because I want a truer reading around 145 pounds. At least I know they offer it and I'm happy about that. I want to see how differently that machine reads from the Tanita printout that shows what the calorie total should be for the weight that specific week.

Charlene, you are doing such a great job! You're really helping me keep motivated!!
Old 08-02-2010, 06:47 AM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ortal
Stats: 184/138/120 5'5"
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 4/26/2010
morning ladies... hope everyone had a nice weekend.

Started with my personal trainer this weekend. I am... so sore. Going back thursday Also buying a new scale at lunch today. Any recommendations for affordable ones close to the tanita scale?

Last edited by Ortal; 08-02-2010 at 06:54 AM..
Old 08-02-2010, 06:54 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

I love the idea about behaviour goals, insead of weight goals, expecially now that I am soooooo close to my original (135) Medi goal. The weight is going to come off slow but I can reach behavior goals daily, like drink all 128 oz of water today, and always eat sitting down. Plus while on vacation I got a little slack on writing everything down (although I tried to most days), and haven't gotten in the habit since being back. I keep track in my head, but I NEED to write it down. I paid attention yesterday and got to the end of the day and was only at 425cal at 7 p.m.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:19 AM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnK
Stats: 5'2" 133/133/115
Start Date: 7/22/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDC2 View Post
I know most people set weightloss goals, but I like to set behavioral goals. My reason for this is that I can't control what the scale is going to say, what I can control is my behavior which influences what the scale is going to say. So if I know that I had a good week of staying within my calorie & carb limits, drank all my fluids, journaled and exercised, I mark it up as a success independent of what the scale says.

This WOE is a WOL for me, so following it is more important in the long term than what the scale reflects in the short term.
Boy, did I need to read this today. It makes so much sense!! I have my 2nd weigh-in this afternoon & am a bit nervous. Don't know why ~ I did everything right, except for going under my calories a couple of times, but that's not a sin, right?? Your message is what we need to focus on ~ healthy living, not the SCALE!! Thank you so much!
Old 08-02-2010, 07:48 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ortal View Post
morning ladies... hope everyone had a nice weekend.

Started with my personal trainer this weekend. I am... so sore. Going back thursday Also buying a new scale at lunch today. Any recommendations for affordable ones close to the tanita scale?
So Ive been thinking a lot about my final goal lately, and I noticed that when I went to walmarts website 90% of the scales were set to 126.4... think the scale Gods are trying to tell me something?
Old 08-02-2010, 08:02 AM   #21
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: GirlInJersey
Stats: 291.2/207.0/180(for now)
WOE: Medi WeightLoss
Start Date: March 9, 2010
For the runners...

So I've been running on my treadmill a lot lately and have gotten up to as high as 4 miles! I decided I would try to run outside on one of the cooler nights last week (which are hard to come by right now) but it was AWFUL! How can I go from running 4 miles on the treadmill to not even being able to run a mile outside?!? What should I do to get myself running outside? I guess I need to start over outside, but if anyone has any tips to make it easier to run on the road, please advise.

Happy August everyone!
Week 1: -16, Week 2: -6.2, Week 3: -6.2, Week 4: -3. Week 5: -3.4, Week 6: -4.8, Week 7: -3.4, Week 8: -4.8, Week 9: -3.6, Week 10: -0.8, Week 11: -6.8, Week 12: -1.8, Week 13: -6.0, Week 14: -2, Week 15: -0.8, Week 16: -6.2, Week 17: vacation - no weigh-in, Week 18: -2.6, Week 19: -1.6, Week 20: -1.2, Week 21: -3.4, Week 22: -0.4, Week 23: +0.8
-----------------
Total: -84.2
Old 08-02-2010, 08:30 AM   #22
Senior LCF Member

I am the opposite as you. I can do 4 miles outside easily, but can't do it on the treadmill. I HATE running on the treadmill. So, sorry I don't have any advice. I bet if you just ran outside 3-4 times a week for awhile, you'd work up to the 4 miles outside really quickly.

I am now working on increasing my speed, so I am doing less mileage at a quicker pace. I am running a half marathon in late Feb. I need to increase my mileage but right now it's soooooo hot (I live in Florida), and I run in the evening and I keep getting stopped by storms, so I am doing shorter distances but at a faster pace, so that hopefully when it cools down I can increase my mileage without too much trouble.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:14 AM   #23
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: GirlInJersey
Stats: 291.2/207.0/180(for now)
WOE: Medi WeightLoss
Start Date: March 9, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by lins View Post
I am the opposite as you. I can do 4 miles outside easily, but can't do it on the treadmill. I HATE running on the treadmill. So, sorry I don't have any advice. I bet if you just ran outside 3-4 times a week for awhile, you'd work up to the 4 miles outside really quickly.

I am now working on increasing my speed, so I am doing less mileage at a quicker pace. I am running a half marathon in late Feb. I need to increase my mileage but right now it's soooooo hot (I live in Florida), and I run in the evening and I keep getting stopped by storms, so I am doing shorter distances but at a faster pace, so that hopefully when it cools down I can increase my mileage without too much trouble.
Wow! Good luck on the half marathon! That's really exciting. I'm thinking of doing a 5k...so that is why I tried the road run. I think you're right though...I'm just going to have to start somewhere, walk when I have to, and hopefully work my way up to running the miles outside.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:35 AM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlInJersey View Post
Wow! Good luck on the half marathon! That's really exciting. I'm thinking of doing a 5k...so that is why I tried the road run. I think you're right though...I'm just going to have to start somewhere, walk when I have to, and hopefully work my way up to running the miles outside.
I'm curious about this because I'm doing both the treadmill and the street running tho it's been mostly treadmill lately due to the heat. Like for a month, probably, only on the treadmill. When you say you can do one, but not the other, what are you guys experiencing? Is it harder on your joints outside? Knees? What about the treadmill running is hard for you, Lins? And what about the street running is hard for you?
Old 08-02-2010, 10:34 AM   #25
Senior LCF Member

What's hard for me about the treadmill is that the speed is consistent. When I run outside I just go slow or fast as needed, slower up hills, and then speed up down hills, slower when I get tired but speeding up after a bit of a breatk etc... I know that can all be done on a treadmill but it just seems like that's all I am thinking about the whole time I run, which just makes me give up and quit way earlier than I should. When I run outside I just strap on my Ipod and go, and just increase or decrease my speed as needed, it's not a thought, I just do it natrually. It's not that I "can't" run on a treadmill I just finding it very very frustrating. I don't have a treadmill and we don't beling to a gym anymore (one of the things I gave up when starting medi due to the cost). And I much prefer to run outside anyway.
Old 08-02-2010, 01:03 PM   #26
Senior LCF Member

i really really want to get back into running. it is SUCH good exersize. I think thats the next step for me, signing up for a 5k and working towards that. Im meeting with a trainer now twice a week to gain strength and tone (I want to flatten my belly, avoid excess skin, and maybe even do a pullup!) and trying to step up the cardio as well. my weight loss has been really really stalling.

you guys have inspired me to look into 5Ks in the next couple of months.
Old 08-02-2010, 01:24 PM   #27
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Jeffrey
Stats: 211/170/160 5'9"
Start Date: 5/25/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ortal View Post
i really really want to get back into running. it is SUCH good exersize. I think thats the next step for me, signing up for a 5k and working towards that. Im meeting with a trainer now twice a week to gain strength and tone (I want to flatten my belly, avoid excess skin, and maybe even do a pullup!) and trying to step up the cardio as well. my weight loss has been really really stalling. you guys have inspired me to look into 5Ks in the next couple of months.
You should check out the Couch to 5K program, it will get you up to running a 5K at a pace that pushes you each day but doesn't push you too much. Many people who start running push themselves too hard and end up quiting.

Couch to 5k - C25K Running Program
Old 08-02-2010, 02:23 PM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Can I just say that I hate my TOM!!!! Why can I go 3 weeks without craving anything - then it's like all of a sudden my mouth is watering at the thought of salty foods! (And almonds lightly salted just don't cut it, I tried!). Ugh! Not to mention how really bloated I am this month, yuck! Went down a size in bottoms last week...and today they feel SO tight. Just a bit discouraging!

And for some reason I am testing negative for ketosis the last 4 days...no idea why. I weigh-in tomorrow, and plan to ask.

I know its because of TOM, but I'm having one of those "pity party" days. And because I can't eat what my brain is trying to tell me I want - I feel like I don't want to eat anything. I took my oldest (4 1/2) to the dermatoligist earlier today - she has had a plantar wart that we are trying to get rid of (she was born with clubfeet and has undergone years of casting/surgeries/therapy to fix her feet...we finally get to a good place, and now this wart is causing her to walk on the side of her foot which is what we've strived to correct for years!). Anyways - the dr. was injecting a med DIRECTLY into her foot - it was one of the worst experiences I have ever had, I literally had to use my entire body to hold her down as she SCREAMED! Leaving there, she asked if she could have a McDonald's shake...and after what she went through, I said yes. (This is a rare treat for my kids...even before Medi). In the drive-through line all I wanted was fries - and I mean it was bad! Closest I've come to getting them was definitely today - and it was so totally an emotional response while TOM. Its great that Medi has taught me to recognize WHY I wanted it...but it's contributed to the "why me" feeling today.

Over 100lbs. GONE FOREVER
Thanks to MWL!
8 months to Wellness....5/11/10 - 1/11/11
Old 08-02-2010, 02:27 PM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Forgot I had a question for everyone too!

I have lost almost 50 lbs...yet, only have gone 2 sizes. I started at a 22 (ugh!) and now wear 18's (as of only a few days ago). I know lots of people on here have lost right around the total lbs that I've lost, yet have gone down 4 or 5 sizes. (And up front - I know its bad to compare myself to others...but I think its just part of my nature!). My goal was to weigh around 160-170, which I thought would put me in a 10 (I have NEVER been smaller than an 8 - and that was at a really unhealthy time for me...basically starvation and addiction to exercise kept me there). But at this rate, if almost 50 lbs got me 2 sizes down....it doesn't make sense! Maybe this question is more for those who have lost 90-100 lbs....does the sizing go down faster once majority of weight is lost? Or is my goal of a size 10 just out the window??? Would love to hear other experiences!
Old 08-02-2010, 04:00 PM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Having a rough few days, we just found out that our 29 year old daughter-in-law has a very aggressive form of ovarian cancer! She and our son have a new baby only 4 months old. We are about 3.5 hrs away from them, but I will be traveling to Jacksonville frequently I'm sure. Her family isn't very supportive.....they didn't even go to the hospital when she had surgery!
I'm still having trouble being very interested in program friendly food, but this makes it even worse!
Closed Thread