Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2010, 10:45 AM   #211
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
A lady who works with my husband had their house burnt to the ground last night. They have 3 kids age 7, 5, 3, and 7 months. 3 of the kids were girls. We have 3 girls (ages 7, 5, and 2), so at lunch my husband came home and we rounded up some clothes including some school clothes for the kids who start school on Monday. The mom wears a size 16, and a large shirt. So she got ALL of my old shirts, and all my size 16 pants that I have outgrown. I had them all boxed up in the garadge we just hadn't taken them anywhere yet. It feels SOOOOO nice to be able to give me outgrown stuff to someone who really needs it.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2010, 11:26 AM   #212
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlInJersey View Post
I had my first gain this week. I'm trying not to be too upset about it, but it's difficult. I know I've done well and it was a small gain, but it's still not fun to see a gain. I didn't eat any differently, but I upped my exercising...so my muscle did go up and my water was up a little. Hopefully this will be a better week for me.

Happy losing everyone...
I had my first ZERO loss last week, but weighed in today and lost 5 pounds! My DH lost 4 pounds last week, but had trouble getting all of his calories in this week......he's supposed to eat 600-800 cal/day, isn't that odd, since he used to eat more than that at one meal, and now he sometimes struggles to eat that in a day......anyway I told him he wouldn't lose if he didn't eat enough, and sure enough he GAINED .6 today. He's really bummed! He also ate more beef this past week, and I sometimes see less of a loss if I eat too much beef!
Hang in there you will see a loss next week.......these LITTLE setbacks just remind us not to get complacent
WOW it just hit me I FINALLY lost my first 50 pounds!

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford

Last edited by Mary T8M; 08-18-2010 at 11:29 AM..
Old 08-18-2010, 12:11 PM   #213
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: msawhitt
Stats: 220/130/145
WOE: Medi
Start Date: August 11, 2010
Linds, where abouts in CFLA do you live? I actually have a bag of 3-4T girls clothing I was literally about to give away, and maybe I might have some old stuff too. You can email me personally at msawhitt@hotmail.com if you prefer, my daughter is in school during the mornings so I could meet you somewhere?
Old 08-18-2010, 03:47 PM   #214
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Nance7
Stats: 5'3" 165/125/135 Restart 7/9/12 at 142
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 5/31/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by lins View Post
A lady who works with my husband had their house burnt to the ground last night. They have 3 kids age 7, 5, 3, and 7 months. 3 of the kids were girls. We have 3 girls (ages 7, 5, and 2), so at lunch my husband came home and we rounded up some clothes including some school clothes for the kids who start school on Monday. The mom wears a size 16, and a large shirt. So she got ALL of my old shirts, and all my size 16 pants that I have outgrown. I had them all boxed up in the garadge we just hadn't taken them anywhere yet. It feels SOOOOO nice to be able to give me outgrown stuff to someone who really needs it.
Lins and Stacey, you are such dolls to help this family. Amazing that you just happen to have things to fit her and the kids, Lins. So glad you are in a position to give your things away. [Wish for a little smiley face with a halo over it...]
Old 08-18-2010, 03:58 PM   #215
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anythingwilldo View Post
I am new to this thread. I am currently on Stillmans QWL, and am wondering about the Medi plan? Surely it is low carb, but are there shots that go with this, and how much does it cost? How often do you folks have to "check in"? Can anyone give me an overview of the diet plan?
Anythingwill do: we'd love to have you here! We've all been amazed at the success of this program. Check out the Newbies thread, start to finish, for an overview. There are B1/B6 and B12 injections (there are other things in these shots, too), plus an appetite suppressant that the Clinic pays for; the fees vary from clinic to clinic. The accountability weekly is what keeps us honest. I find it to be very reasonable, compared to the cost of the garbage I was buying and stuffing into my face. Call a Clinic and go in for a (free) chat! Good luck!
Old 08-18-2010, 05:04 PM   #216
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Charlene4
Stats: 154.5/135/135
WOE: vegan/vegetarian
Start Date: June 7,2010
Ok...I was proud of this one so I have to share. I am not, by any means, encouraging "cheating"....but technically, this wasn't cheating. Yesterday I had a massive yearning for something creamy by the name of cheesecake. This has been happening on and off and I try to ignore it but last night I got creative. I made a concoction (sp?) that tasted surprising like light cheesecake and wasn't high in carbs or calories. I don't wanna post it on the recipe thread until I actually have a "recipe" for it. I took about 1/3 of a container of vanilla carbmaster yogurt, 2-3 tbsp of fat free cream cheese, splenda, tiny drops of vanilla and a couple drops of lemon juice and mixed it all together. Then I took some sliced almonds and grinded them in the food processor until they were fine, with some splenda....mixed it with I can't believe it's not butter spray and a little vanilla....made a crust out of that and put the yogurt/cream cheese on top and put a couple sliced strawberries. It was freaking delicious and all the stuff I used was friendly to this WOE. It might have been a little higher in calories to add to my regular meals for the day but it was so worth it. With the ingredients (and amounts) I used I figure it's around 165-175 calories and 6-8ish carbs. So if there are any other cheesecake fiends on here, you might give it a whirl if you ever get a crazy craving. Yum. I almost made another one tonight but that's too much. I'll save it as a once-in-awhile-special treat.

maintenance
Old 08-18-2010, 06:00 PM   #217
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Charlene - that sounds SOOOO good!!!! No cream cheese in the house right now though...need to buy it now!!!! Mmmmmm...my mouth is now watering!
Old 08-18-2010, 06:09 PM   #218
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: losing in Ftm
Stats: restart Apr 2012
Start Date: 5/5/10
I am hoping for some advice on some excerises. I currently take a Zumba class 1-2x a week and walk 2x a week for about 3 miles. My core stability class is starting back up next week so I will be doing that twice a week too. I don't currently have a gym membership but I need to do something to work on my flabby stomach. Short of a tummy tuck does anyone have any suggestions to work on this area. I don't expect miracles but would like to do what I can.
Old 08-18-2010, 06:14 PM   #219
Senior LCF Member

Losing in Ftm- I was told by a doctor friend of mine that it is not good to do crunches if you have a lower ab "pouch", expecially if it's due to pregnancy, and a c-section (which mine is). He said that you strength those muscles under the flab stick out more. He said to go through most of your day pulling your belly button back to your spine as hard as you can. Start with 5-10 a day and work it up to where you are "holding it in" for long periods of time. While cleaning, cooking, showering, driving etc... He also said things like hitting a punch bag, doing jumping jacks, and hula hooping (or at least those motions). Are great but not to do actually crunches. Oh and he also suggested things like pilates and yoga to really strength the core muscles.
Old 08-18-2010, 06:15 PM   #220
Senior LCF Member

I just have to share that I ran for 1 hour tonight without stopping at all. It was a little over 4 miles. I want to run a 10K this fall without stopping. That will prepare me for the half marathon in late Feb 2011 (although I still don't think I can do that without stopping).
Old 08-18-2010, 06:17 PM   #221
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by losing in Ftm View Post
I am hoping for some advice on some excerises. I currently take a Zumba class 1-2x a week and walk 2x a week for about 3 miles. My core stability class is starting back up next week so I will be doing that twice a week too. I don't currently have a gym membership but I need to do something to work on my flabby stomach. Short of a tummy tuck does anyone have any suggestions to work on this area. I don't expect miracles but would like to do what I can.
The core stability class sounds like just what you need. Do you have a Pilates DVD, or access to FitTV or Video On Demand on cable? There are routines on there that you can do at home. Pilates is excellent for strengthening/tightening the abs. Good luck!
Old 08-18-2010, 06:21 PM   #222
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lins View Post
I just have to share that I ran for 1 hour tonight without stopping at all. It was a little over 4 miles. I want to run a 10K this fall without stopping. That will prepare me for the half marathon in late Feb 2011 (although I still don't think I can do that without stopping).
Lins, that is awesome! I am impressed, and I know you can do the 10K and the half marathon. I'll be looking forward to hearing all about it!
Old 08-18-2010, 06:23 PM   #223
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlene4 View Post
Ok...I was proud of this one so I have to share. I took about 1/3 of a container of vanilla carbmaster yogurt, 2-3 tbsp of fat free cream cheese, splenda, tiny drops of vanilla and a couple drops of lemon juice and mixed it all together. Then I took some sliced almonds and grinded them in the food processor until they were fine, with some splenda....mixed it with I can't believe it's not butter spray and a little vanilla....made a crust out of that and put the yogurt/cream cheese on top and put a couple sliced strawberries. It was freaking delicious and all the stuff I used was friendly to this WOE. It might have been a little higher in calories to add to my regular meals for the day but it was so worth it. With the ingredients (and amounts) I used I figure it's around 165-175 calories and 6-8ish carbs. So if there are any other cheesecake fiends on here, you might give it a whirl if you ever get a crazy craving. Yum. I almost made another one tonight but that's too much. I'll save it as a once-in-awhile-special treat.
OMG, Charlene, this sounds wonderful! Can't wait to try it. Isn't there something on the web where you can enter your ingredients and it does the calories/carbs/fat calculations for you? I hope so. Don't want to lose this recipe when the August thread closes up. OK, I'll copy and paste. Thanks.
Old 08-18-2010, 06:27 PM   #224
Senior LCF Member

I 2nd what Lins and Nancy have said - my ob/gyn is also the medical director of the Medi clinic I go to, and I had mentioned to him about the belly "pouch" too...and he suggested pilates as the best method to strengthen your core (which will help us to hold our bodies in proper alignment during the day - thus giving the impression that our abs are tighter). He actually recommended doing the plank move several times a day to increase strength especially (but to make sure when doing this that you were "sucking" it in).

And Lins - YOU ROCK!!! That's incredible.....you ran as far as I walked tonight....that's far!

Over 100lbs. GONE FOREVER
Thanks to MWL!
8 months to Wellness....5/11/10 - 1/11/11
Old 08-18-2010, 07:17 PM   #225
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Urgent prayer request - I had an unexpected scare at a visit today to the breast surgeon who, with my plastic surgeon three years ago, did my bilateral mastectomies and TRAM Flap reconstruction repair. She is thorough, and today found a suspicious lump and took 3 biopsy samples of area, appears to go to my chest wall/rib and looked abnormal on the sonogram she talked me in to after finding the lump moments before. I find out tomorrow late afternoon if it's cancer. I went to the office today for something else. Had seen my plastic surgeon recently and he sent me to her for 2nd opinion on whether I need surgery for an epigastric hernia I developed since my surgery). I am praising the Lord that He is in control. This suspicious area is right where the atypical lobular hyperplasia/metaplasia (not yet cancer at that time) was removed 3 years ago last month; at that time post op I was told there would be a 1% chance of developing cancer because they'd removed ALL my breast tissue and replaced it with the abdominal fatty tissue from my TRAM Flap. Oh, BTW, I will not have hernia repaired/can live with it like it is. Thank you for your prayers.
Current:197.3/196.5/196/195/194/193/192/191/190/189/188/187/186/185/184/183/182/181/180/179/178/177/176
Old 08-18-2010, 07:51 PM   #226
Major LCF Poster!

Lins - What a blessing to have all that she needed boxed up and ready to go...I don't believe in coincidences!

Charlene - Your cheesecake sounds so yummy!! Had appt this week also with my allergist who is stopping my milk/cheese/whey/PureProtein/carbmasters yogurt....but, I think I want to make your dessert at least once before I take that plunge!
Old 08-18-2010, 08:02 PM   #227
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Charlene4
Stats: 154.5/135/135
WOE: vegan/vegetarian
Start Date: June 7,2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
Urgent prayer request - I had an unexpected scare at a visit today to the breast surgeon who, with my plastic surgeon three years ago, did my bilateral mastectomies and TRAM Flap reconstruction repair. She is thorough, and today found a suspicious lump and took 3 biopsy samples of area, appears to go to my chest wall/rib and looked abnormal on the sonogram she talked me in to after finding the lump moments before. I find out tomorrow late afternoon if it's cancer. I went to the office today for something else. Had seen my plastic surgeon recently and he sent me to her for 2nd opinion on whether I need surgery for an epigastric hernia I developed since my surgery). I am praising the Lord that He is in control. This suspicious area is right where the atypical lobular hyperplasia/metaplasia (not yet cancer at that time) was removed 3 years ago last month; at that time post op I was told there would be a 1% chance of developing cancer because they'd removed ALL my breast tissue and replaced it with the abdominal fatty tissue from my TRAM Flap. Oh, BTW, I will not have hernia repaired/can live with it like it is. Thank you for your prayers.
Old 08-19-2010, 03:35 AM   #228
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnK
Stats: 5'2" 130/127/115
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 7/19/10 and 8/27/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
Old 08-19-2010, 04:57 AM   #229
Senior LCF Member

Prayers for you Debbie!
Old 08-19-2010, 05:32 AM   #230
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ortal
Stats: 184/138/120 5'5"
Start Date: 4/26/2010
Hows everyone doing? Its been a while.... I have a weigh in tonight. Should be interesting considering that Im no longer on any appetite suppressant and our summer sales meeting has brought on day after day of catered meals! Hard to turn down free food... Ive made pretty good choices (for the most part), however my calories have been up, up to 1K per day, but Ive been hitting the gym extra hard to make up for it. Ive turned into quite the gym rat and i love it. It really shows me though what i would be eating under other circumstances. Im eating 1000 calories (fruit, cheese, protein) while watching what I eat, Id easily double that if I wasnt watching what I ate, TRIPLE it if I didnt quit drinking. Its a lot of perspective to tell myself "yeah, Id be all over that".

Yesterday they took me and the sales force all out on a lake for tubeing and boating (And drinking for everyone else) and I know that 40 lbs ago I wouldnt even go. So saying no to all the food is worth it.

Ill be reading through to see the old posts.... I miss everyone *waves*

Mini Goal - 130 by 10/30
Ultimate Goal - 120 by the end of the year.
Old 08-19-2010, 05:33 AM   #231
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sunflower531
Stats: 143/133.2/125
Start Date: 4/14/14
Debbie, I am praying for you. Ps. 34:4

Well I guess eating more helped, as did the very light ankle weights. I lost 6 lbs. this last 2 weeks. I go on vacation next week. I'm not too worried. I dreamed last night that I was eating everything and anything I wanted....I hope you can't gain weight from a dream.

Short goal: I hope to be in the 30's by the end of Aug.
Old 08-19-2010, 06:59 AM   #232
Senior LCF Member

Debbie - Sending lots of prayers and good thoughts your way!
Old 08-19-2010, 07:33 AM   #233
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: suzanna1
Stats: 215/162.5/149 5'8" 38 years old
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinic
Debbie ~ I am sending healing light and love your way. I hope all is well.
Old 08-19-2010, 07:37 AM   #234
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ortal
Stats: 184/138/120 5'5"
Start Date: 4/26/2010
in my thoughts debbie!
Old 08-19-2010, 08:40 AM   #235
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nsjx
Stats: 203.5/159/159 - maintenance
WOE: medi
Start Date: April 17, 2010
Prayers for you Debbie.
Old 08-19-2010, 10:18 AM   #236
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Olivia123006
Stats: 236
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 8/13/2010
New to the Group...

Hi I'm charly, I just started last week, I actually go weight in, in about 2hrs, nervous. This week was hard mentally for me. I hit Ketosis by day3 and yesterday i had to force myself to eat, is that normal? I was in large this morning, and it's for sure due to me not being hungry or thirsty yesterday, I made myself drink 80oz when I was drinking 96-112 oz. I went out and got Veggies, and I'm estatic but also scared to reintroduce them and fruits back into my diet. Well I just wanted to say Hi to everyone, This is an Awesome sight, wish I've found it sooner. I must say, A week ago, i would walk up my steps and was out of breath, and had to sit or lean against the wall once I made it up. I noticed three days ago, I was actually running up the steps and was not out of breath, I got to the top and was like did I just run up the steps? now I'm doing it without any problems. So it would be good to see what the stats say in a few. Will post results when I get back online tonight. Enjoy your day, and thx for the Support and encouragement.

Charly
Old 08-19-2010, 10:26 AM   #237
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
For all of you wishing for a cheesecake recipe, take a look at the dessert thread and go to post #4. Susie's recipe is there and it is a good one. Many of us have tried it, and loved it. I use it a lot when bringing a goody to a company potluck.

Medi-Friendly Dessert Recipes

Jo
Old 08-19-2010, 10:54 AM   #238
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: msawhitt
Stats: 220/130/145
Start Date: August 11, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olivia123006 View Post
Hi I'm charly, I just started last week, I actually go weight in, in about 2hrs, nervous.... Enjoy your day, and thx for the Support and encouragement.

Charly
Hello!

I just started last week, too, and live in your area : ) I'm happy to see there are a few others who have also just started the program, it will be nice to share stories.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:14 AM   #239
Senior LCF Member

I went to orientation at my girl's school today and saw a lot of people who I haven't seend since the end of last year (25+lbs ago). Everyone was so complimentary, it was great! And one person actually called me "tiny". I am wearing my size 6 bermuda shorts today... So I'm having a GREAT day!

****remind me of this when I have a bad day again, because I know it will come******
Old 08-19-2010, 11:23 AM   #240
Major LCF Poster!

Hey friends,
Thank you, thank you, thank you for the prayers and thoughts! It was overwhelming to see them entry after entry. You are so great. I'm okay....still waiting for results, will be hearing from the doc in the next 3 hours. Working on a paper that is due this evening and want that out of the way soon!
Sunflower - Thank you! Ps 34:4 "I sought the Lord and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears." I can go through anything with Him as my strength!

Last edited by Fit2010; 08-19-2010 at 11:29 AM..
Closed Thread