Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2010, 04:23 PM   #181
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
I remeasured the route I take when walking today and found out that what I thought was 4 miles is in reality only 3.4! I walk on a road out near my house, so I guess when I drove that route earlier I looked at the odometer wrong....or just can't add....whatever, but it sure took me down a notch today!
I did take 3 bags of "fat" clothes to Goodwill this afternoon Now all the tops/shirts/blouses in my closet actually fit! I have a couple pairs of jeans that are still too small. I have a few lightweight sweaters I'll go through later.
I ordered a skirt from Kohl's in what I thought was a too small size (16), but it actually fit, so I took it back to the store and exchanged it for a 14! Yet I'm still in 18 shorts, and some 16 slacks!

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford

Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2010, 05:02 PM   #182
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
Mary don't you just hate clothes sizes. I am like that too, in some things I am in a size 6, and a small in almost everything. But the other day I tried on a skirt that hasn't fit me in awhile and it fit great, but then I notices it was a large. Weird, but it still looked cute.

I've had a great only protein day myself, not really on purpose but I'm sticking with it. I was going to eat a salad with grilled chicken for dinner, but that changes. I made the rest of my family one of my former favorite last minute meals (sausage cheese balls), but didn't even take a bite of them......man was that hard. And then I realized I was out of salad dressing. So ended up eatting leftover ham and then never made a veggie. So it was an only protein day for me too. And 530 calories, so I am done for the night.
Old 08-16-2010, 06:06 PM   #183
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Lea - when you say you are only supposed to eat 800 calories, does that mean 500 protein still, plus 300 of what you add back in? I know I'm still a far way from transition - but was just curious!

Mary - I donated 3 big bags this past weekend...doesn't it feel good getting rid of those clothes! I've just about given up on sizes for now - if it fits and looks good, I'm wearing it (until it gets too big ). I brought a few pairs of shorts/capris/skirts to be taken in the other day too - so that makes it even harder to know what "size" I am. Luckily, I should be able to make it to Fall without really needing to buy that much. I realized that I only have 1 pair of size 14 jeans and 1 pair of size 12 jeans (and no size 10's...must not have been very optimistic last time I cleaned my closet!) so once the weather switches I will need bottoms.

Lins - I made it today on protein only too (well, other than the 5 grapes I ate with yogurt for breakfast...that was before my weigh-in!). 575 calories. At least doing a few days of just protein "should" give me a good weigh-in this week, I hope!!!!

Over 100lbs. GONE FOREVER
Thanks to MWL!
8 months to Wellness....5/11/10 - 1/11/11
Old 08-16-2010, 11:25 PM   #184
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tydreamer
Start Date: 2/10/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2princesses View Post
Lea - when you say you are only supposed to eat 800 calories, does that mean 500 protein still, plus 300 of what you add back in? I know I'm still a far way from transition - but was just curious!
Keri - yes, it's still 500 calories of protein, plus 300 other stuff that is supposed to include 1 starch, 1 fruit, etc. Then after a week or two, it's bumped to 1,000 calories = 600 protein, 400 that includes 2 starches (I think) two fruits, etc. It's making me crazy. I've said it before - just tell me what to eat and I'll be fine. Of course lately, that doesn't seem to be the case cause no one told me to eat all those almonds. Or all that peanut butter. Or three plops of cool whip on my jello. Or... GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
Old 08-17-2010, 07:28 AM   #185
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Charlene4
Stats: 154.5/135/135
WOE: vegan/vegetarian
Start Date: June 7,2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by tydreamer View Post
Keri - yes, it's still 500 calories of protein, plus 300 other stuff that is supposed to include 1 starch, 1 fruit, etc. Then after a week or two, it's bumped to 1,000 calories = 600 protein, 400 that includes 2 starches (I think) two fruits, etc. It's making me crazy. I've said it before - just tell me what to eat and I'll be fine. Of course lately, that doesn't seem to be the case cause no one told me to eat all those almonds. Or all that peanut butter. Or three plops of cool whip on my jello. Or... GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
Lea, I think you're too hard on yourself. Plus, you're scaring me! I seem to be on the same path as you....I'm close to starting maintenance but I have been, seemingly eating more lately. I am petrified of losing control! At least I enjoy exercise again....even though I have become obsessive lately and have probably been exercising more than I should. Did you go through that too? I am wondering if it's that or the eating more that is causing me to kinda plateau...
Old 08-17-2010, 08:06 AM   #186
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: losing in Ftm
Stats: restart Apr 2012
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 5/5/10
The clinic wants me to do 3 to 4 days of protein only (they would prefer 4 days) since I have been out of ketosis for over 2 weeks now.

It always surprises me about the differences between what one clinic and another gives out for advice. I haven't been in ketosis for over a month and since I was still losing my clinic told me to stop testing. Said it was probably because I was working out so hard (love that Zumba). They actually told me to increase4 my protein to 600 on class days.

Last edited by losing in Ftm; 08-17-2010 at 08:08 AM..
Old 08-17-2010, 08:22 AM   #187
Senior LCF Member

I too was told not to worry about getting back into ketosis because of the running that I am doing, but they still recommend to do protein only days everyonce in awhile to see if that will jump start a weight loss again. Like for example when I went on vacation I ate a little more carbs that normal (not a lot and didn't gain weight), but I came home and did 3 days of protein only per my clinic.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:39 AM   #188
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tydreamer View Post
I've said it before - just tell me what to eat and I'll be fine. Of course lately, that doesn't seem to be the case cause no one told me to eat all those almonds. Or all that peanut butter. Or three plops of cool whip on my jello. Or... GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
Lea - See, that's why I've loved Medi in the acute phase...I am one who likes things to be laid out for me, I am very anal that way. Hearing how you all talk about maintenance - and the CHOICES again - it definitely does scare me. Then I start thinking ahead and realize that I'll probably be ready to move towards transition around the holidays, then I get nervous about that and all the choices out there...I overthink everything!

Losing in Ftm - I have increased my protein to 600 calories a day when I do my "long" walk (6 miles rather than 4) but she didn't think that my exercise was enough to bump me out of ketosis (I power-walk 4 miles a day Mon-Fri - takes 55-60 min, and 6 miles on Sat. & Sun - takes almost 1 1/2 hr.). She did say that if this doesn't put me back in ketosis - than either I need to buy new test sticks or just forget about it. As long as the weight is coming off - than that's all I'm going to worry about. Every clinic is definitely different though in their advice - that I definitely agree with!

On day 2 of protein - hardboiled eggs for lunch. Not sure what to have for a snack later though....I desperately need to go grocery shopping because choices are very limited today, to basically almonds or cheese! We spent 3 hrs this morning at a local playground with my friend and her 2 boys....talk about being hot & sweaty chasing kids around! The girls are eating their PB & J...and then I think its naptime (please, please, please let it be!). Doesn't look like the grocery store is in the plan - unless I do it late today (yuck!).

Last edited by mommy2princesses; 08-17-2010 at 09:46 AM..
Old 08-17-2010, 10:03 AM   #189
Senior LCF Member

I forgot I had a random question!

When you all count your fluid for the day (the 128 oz)...do you count diet soda's that you have had? I had been told at my clinic tostay away from caffeinated drinks - that those basically count against our fluid intake for the day. So, I've had hardly any (because truthfully - its hard enough to get to 100 oz...I'm not going to drink something else that I then need to replace!). But - I overheard 2 women talking when I was in the waiting room at the clinic the other day and one women telling the other that Target had 12 pks of soda on sale because they both go through cases of soda per week to get in their daily liquid totals. (Granted, they could have been referring to caffeine-free Diet Pepsi - I didn't think of that until just now.) But - my basic question is - do you all drink diet soda? Do you count it as a drink if you do? (Not that I plan on having a ton - but 1 per day would be nice!). Just wondering!
Old 08-17-2010, 10:24 AM   #190
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Charlene4
Stats: 154.5/135/135
WOE: vegan/vegetarian
Start Date: June 7,2010
Quote:
I forgot I had a random question!

When you all count your fluid for the day (the 128 oz)...do you count diet soda's that you have had? I had been told at my clinic tostay away from caffeinated drinks - that those basically count against our fluid intake for the day. So, I've had hardly any (because truthfully - its hard enough to get to 100 oz...I'm not going to drink something else that I then need to replace!). But - I overheard 2 women talking when I was in the waiting room at the clinic the other day and one women telling the other that Target had 12 pks of soda on sale because they both go through cases of soda per week to get in their daily liquid totals. (Granted, they could have been referring to caffeine-free Diet Pepsi - I didn't think of that until just now.) But - my basic question is - do you all drink diet soda? Do you count it as a drink if you do? (Not that I plan on having a ton - but 1 per day would be nice!). Just wondering!

I drink diet soda....never did before this plan but it helps with my sweet tooth. I like diet root beer and have never counted it towards my fluids. I only count water, powerade zero (or similar) and crystal light type beverages. My clinic told me, when I started, that one a day (ish) was fine.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:55 AM   #191
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
About the soda...diet or otherwise...

I have not had a "regular" soda since they came out with Tab about 100 years ago. I purposedly dropped all diet colas about 6 years ago. Then when I began this plan in December 2008, I dropped all diet sodas altogether. I do not miss them at all. I chose to add Powerade Zero, Lifewater 0, and Smartwater. And of course, my two cups of coffee in the morning.

I walk 4-6 miles every day and due to the heat in the AZ summer, go through two liters (67.6 oz) during my walk. I just do not find a need for soda anymore, but again. that is just me. It does not interest me anymore. When I was not feeling well several months ago, I bought a liter of Diet 7 up. It tasted awful. I threw it out, and opted for herbal ginger tea instead.

The choice is yours of course, as always, this is just my take on the matter.

About maintenance.....
It is totally about trial and error and finding out what works for you. What foods work for you and which do not. I have been in wellness for almost a year now....next week will be 1 year. It is still a bit dicey now and then, but I pretty much understand what my body will accept and keep my weight stable and what it won't. And I know what to do if my weight goes up more than a pound or two...other than, of course, normal flucuation. This truly is a way of life.

Jo
Old 08-17-2010, 11:31 AM   #192
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlene4 View Post
Lea, I think you're too hard on yourself. Plus, you're scaring me! I seem to be on the same path as you....I'm close to starting maintenance but I have been, seemingly eating more lately. I am petrified of losing control! At least I enjoy exercise again....even though I have become obsessive lately and have probably been exercising more than I should. Did you go through that too? I am wondering if it's that or the eating more that is causing me to kinda plateau...
I did go thru the exercise stuff. I went from three times a week to five to every single day. I do weights/bands or some sort of resistance almost every day too. My intensity level has increased and so has the time. My legs are hard as rocks so I know some of the "weight" is muscle.

I'm terrified of losing control also. When I'm having one of my "bad" days, it's all I can see stretched out in front of me. Extra almonds, peanut butter, whatever. And I forget that a "good" day can happen just as easily. Today, I've had less than 300 calories of strictly protein foods and nothing else. No pop today either (Keri, I do drink it tho), just water. The last couple of days FELT like losing control days. But then today is right back on track. And that's part of what I've learned. I was out of control for so long without even one day of clarity, that I often fear it will be like that again. But it won't. This is still a learning process. And I just learned that I CAN turn it back around again - even in transition and hopefully maintenance too.

Keri - I drink Diet Mt. Dew. Lots of it. Before Medi, I drank at LEAST 8 to 10 cans a day. Sometimes an entire 12 pack. Now I have one or POSSIBLY two, but not until dinner time. Up until then I'm drinking only water and crystal light. If I had to do completely without my diet drink, I don't know if I could have made it. Well, I COULD of course, but it would have been a whole lot harder.

Someone I work with sent me an email today saying that I would receive a $25 discount at my next appointment for "referring" her. I only told her about the program, but had no idea she was that interested. She said she's been so impressed with my loss, she wants to do it too!
Old 08-17-2010, 11:33 AM   #193
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Lea - See, that's why I've loved Medi in the acute phase...I am one who likes things to be laid out for me, I am very anal that way. Hearing how you all talk about maintenance - and the CHOICES again - it definitely does scare me. Then I start thinking ahead and realize that I'll probably be ready to move towards transition around the holidays, then I get nervous about that and all the choices out there...I overthink everything!
Yeah, we've talked about how anal we both are before. Lists, planning, control, etc. If someone would just give me a true menu for this phase, I'd probably eat the same thing every single day just to be sure I was doing it right!

You'll be fine tho - because you're learning the program and you're learning your body. Have faith in yourself! That's the one thing I seem to lack!
Old 08-17-2010, 12:24 PM   #194
Senior LCF Member

I drink a can of diet Dr. Pepper or Diet Mt. Dew almost everyday. Years ago I was a regular soda addict, that's all I ever drank. Then about a year ago I switched to diet soda. Then I gave it up completely at the beginning of this year, but when I went on Medi I started drinking it again. I only drink one a day, and not everyday. But I like it, and there are so many things that I have given up for good on this diet that I am okay with so I have just learned to also be okay with my one soda a day. I typically drink it in the middle of the afternoon when my kids are napping (or soon in school) and I am in a snacky mood. I drink a large glass of water to fill my stomach and then I sip on a soda as my afternoon "treat". It really seems to help me get through my hardest time of day. Oh and the doctor at my clinic who was on Medi awhile ago told me that she drinks it everyday herself, which made me feel better.
Old 08-17-2010, 02:54 PM   #195
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
I drink, and count diet soda (usually diet Dr. Pepper, or diet Pepsi) but I usually only drink 1 a day (ok sometimes two....especially on the weekends) but I also drink the Diet Clear American flavored sparkling water from Walmart (again probably only 1). Then I drink crystal light, an occasional cup of coffee (ONLY in the morning, and only occasionally) and lots of water......I think the variety helps me get enough fluids and also helps curb my sweet tooth.
Old 08-17-2010, 03:12 PM   #196
Senior LCF Member

Mary - I think you finally helped me figure out why I want to add back in diet pepsi! Its the variety - I don't really care for any of the Powerade Zero's, so those are out - and Crystal Light is something I drink once in awhile. I drink a 1 Liter SmartWater when I walk - and then the rest of the day is water (with or without lemon slices). I do also buy the Diet Clear American sparkling water too (but I only like the Key Lime one...and I think I may have been od'ing on it!). I cut out my coffee when I started Medi, I always drank French Vanilla coffee and couldn't get used to the SF coffeemate flavor (it's something about that "fake" sugar taste...yuck!). So, while my body withdrew from carbs that first week - it also withdrew from any source of cafeeine I had (I would drink 2-3 cups of coffee a day and probably 2-3 diet pepsi's.)

With this "jump-start" of protein only for a few days - it had really made me look at a lot of my choices, and I know I am starting to struggle to get in my fluids. I looked back at my week 1 journal (just to see what I ate those first days) and each day hit 128 oz. The last week or so I know I was lucky if I hit 96oz...despite having a cup of water near me all day long. So variety will be key!
Old 08-17-2010, 03:21 PM   #197
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
I've got to have at least 1 diet Sprite daily. It's my treat. Ask Lea, I've even taken a can with me to lunch when we first met at a fast food place to have with our ok salads! My youngest daughter is surprised that I even drink diet Dr Pepper on occasion, I never liked it previously, but I've replaced binge self-rewards of regular root beer with diet Dr Pepper. (Haven't had a regular root beer in months.)

Last edited by Fit2010; 08-17-2010 at 03:28 PM..
Old 08-17-2010, 03:28 PM   #198
Major LCF Poster!

This am the scales said 141.4 lbs! My routine MD and I agreed yesterday that my goal will be 137 lbs. I'm within 5 lbs of that now! Yes, I still have areas I can giggle and pinch, but I'm not going to try to lose all the fat for fear of losing my TRAMflap post mastectomy boobs. Right one is very lacking in substance right now, I'm the only one that seems concerned about this. Getting second opinion from breast CA surgeon tomorrow about the epigastric area hernia I've developed since surgery 3 years ago....

I went to my upscale Goodwill nearby and tried on a vast array of nice slacks and tops for work when I start teaching my nursing students in the hospital again next week. (I vowed to myself to never wear scrub tops and stretchy scrub pants in that role again--too easy to expand!) So, I have my new nursing lab jacket that looks professional and fits perfectly, I bought it smaller on purpose 35 extra lbs ago. It was my goal to get into it and look great.

I tried on various pants from Liz Claiborne, Talbots, etc and it's official - I wear size 8 paints! (Granted, every single one of them has at least 2% lycra or spandex in the material mixture). And I'm now in medium tops! This is such an incredible feeling: to go from muffin top 14 spandex included pants and some 16 pants; and extra large tops to this point! I really do think that if I were trying on clothes from 1987 time span when I was 108-116 lbs I'd still be wearing 12's at this weight.

Last edited by Fit2010; 08-17-2010 at 03:33 PM..
Old 08-17-2010, 03:42 PM   #199
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ontopofmygame
I am new to this thread. I am currently on Stillmans QWL, and am wondering about the Medi plan? Surely it is low carb, but are there shots that go with this, and how much does it cost? How often do you folks have to "check in"? Can anyone give me an overview of the diet plan?
Old 08-17-2010, 07:17 PM   #200
Senior LCF Member

I just uploaded some pictures from my beach trip a few days ago and I am actually thrilled with how I look in my bathingsuit. Of course they are taken from the waist up but still I actually look good in them. I'm amazed. Is there a way to add pictures on here? I would love to show everyone.

I also ran into a friend today and she said "she just keep shrinking away every time I see you". That made me feel great! 133lbs on my scale at home today. I go in on Friday to weigh-in so I hope that's right. I am almost there..........
Old 08-17-2010, 07:54 PM   #201
Major LCF Poster!

Great job Lins! I am turning film in tomorrow (35 mm, so will take a week to develop)...I'll get on a disc too in case I want to share them here. If you PM Susie she can tell you how to put photos on the site. I put my initial avatar photo on when I signed up, I think it was from the control panel page.

Has anyone heard from Ortal lately?

Shelley - How are you doing?

Anythingwilldo - Too much info to give in this post...you'll have to do a search on this thread. Or, you can check mediweightlossclinics dot com and even find out if there's one near you and give them a call!
Old 08-17-2010, 09:14 PM   #202
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
Quote:
Mary - I think you finally helped me figure out why I want to add back in diet pepsi! Its the variety - I don't really care for any of the Powerade Zero's, so those are out - and Crystal Light is something I drink once in awhile. I drink a 1 Liter SmartWater when I walk - and then the rest of the day is water (with or without lemon slices). I do also buy the Diet Clear American sparkling water too (but I only like the Key Lime one...and I think I may have been od'ing on it!). I cut out my coffee when I started Medi, I always drank French Vanilla coffee and couldn't get used to the SF coffeemate flavor (it's something about that "fake" sugar taste...yuck!). So, while my body withdrew from carbs that first week - it also withdrew from any source of cafeeine I had (I would drink 2-3 cups of coffee a day and probably 2-3 diet pepsi's.)

With this "jump-start" of protein only for a few days - it had really made me look at a lot of my choices, and I know I am starting to struggle to get in my fluids. I looked back at my week 1 journal (just to see what I ate those first days) and each day hit 128 oz. The last week or so I know I was lucky if I hit 96oz...despite having a cup of water near me all day long. So variety will be key!
I need to chime in about soda. Never liked soda, never drank anything but water and hot tea (black). But on Medi found out that I needed something sweet to finish off that meager dinner and started having diet snapple (I like peach and rasberry) after dinner (one bottle for 2 or 3 times).

Also these past few days - I feel like I am eating non-stop - especially at night after gym. All the good stuff, but a lot of it. I don't know what has gotten into me. I am scared that I am losing control - and I am so close to the goal.

"Nothing tastes better than thin feels"
-------------------
Was in wellness!
Restart on 04/05/11 to lose 15 gained lb
253/148/140
Old 08-17-2010, 09:55 PM   #203
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Shibbz
Stats: 249/229/140
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: July 2010
Just checking in girls.

I went to my weight in last Friday and I'm was down 9lbs bringing me to a total loss of 20lbs since I started a little over a month ago. I wasn't expecting to lose that much though. I'm assuming like I'm going to stop losing as much soon and I'm kinda afraid. I was wondering if anyone had any tips on drinking more fluids. Everytime I go to my weigh in they say I'm dehydrated, when I drink at least 100oz a day, but I really feel as though I can't force that much more in me.

Anyway I hope everyone is doing well and staying strong
Old 08-18-2010, 04:01 AM   #204
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnK
Stats: 5'2" 133/133/115
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 7/22/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anythingwilldo View Post
I am new to this thread. I am currently on Stillmans QWL, and am wondering about the Medi plan? Surely it is low carb, but are there shots that go with this, and how much does it cost? How often do you folks have to "check in"? Can anyone give me an overview of the diet plan?
Anything! I've been here for a month & initially perused all the "threads" on this site, even the "non Medi" ones... lots of information on low carb eating can be found here. Yes, there are shots if you want them. Check the main list of Medi Weightloss threads; there's at least one that describes this plan in detail. Somewhere there's also a comprehensive one on ketosis, which is extremely helpful.
Old 08-18-2010, 05:14 AM   #205
Senior LCF Member

About getting the water in......Every morning I start the day by chugging (and I mean chugging) 32 oz of water or powerade zero. I can drink a whole 32 oz in about 3 "drinks". It can't be too cold or I can't get it down that quickly. Then I just have a reusable water bottle with me everywhere I go. I drink at least 16 oz before each meal, and 32 oz an hour before I go run. But it really helps the whole day if I just start it off my chugging so much.
Old 08-18-2010, 07:03 AM   #206
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: GirlInJersey
Stats: 291.2/207.0/180(for now)
WOE: Medi WeightLoss
Start Date: March 9, 2010
I had my first gain this week. I'm trying not to be too upset about it, but it's difficult. I know I've done well and it was a small gain, but it's still not fun to see a gain. I didn't eat any differently, but I upped my exercising...so my muscle did go up and my water was up a little. Hopefully this will be a better week for me.

Happy losing everyone...
Old 08-18-2010, 07:12 AM   #207
Senior LCF Member

GirlinJersey you have done amazing up to this point. Try not to let one small gain this week get you down. You've been at this long enought to know that it does work, so just keep doing what you're doing and you'll loose again soon. On my low loss (or gain) weeks I ended up having a big loss a week or two later. So hang in there!
Old 08-18-2010, 10:03 AM   #208
Senior LCF Member

Lins - I can't even think about drinking water in the morning...never mind chugging it down! I even find that when I walk 1st thing I struggle to drink my 32 oz that I take with me, but when I walk later in the day I drink the 32 oz (and would drink more if I felt like carrying another bottle!) and then chug 16-32 more when I get home. Good job on the "shrinking" away!

GirlinJersey - I agree with Lins, you've been at this long enough to know that this plan does work...don't beat yourself up over a slight gain. Maybe your body is just prepping you for a really big loss next week??? :-)

Shibbz - the fluid thing is tricky for me too! Constantly keep water with you - and refill, refill, refill! My trick lately has been to always use a lemon wedge, makes it so much better! 20 lbs in a month is great though...good job!

Debbie - we would love to see some pictures....your story is so inspiring, let's see how all that hard work paid off!

Still not in ketosis - I'm wondering if it is my sticks too (they are changing color today - just not to any color on the bottle!). Where else can we buy those?

Here's my disgusting story for the day....went to take the trash out last night adn there were maggots crawling EVERYWHERE inside the trash can. After the trash truck came this morning, I have started to wage a war against them. (Who knew maggots don't drown in water, or when it has Lysol in it????). Googled solutions to get rid of them - and it suggested using a fogger made for hornets (doing that now) then rinsing with bleach (will do that later!). It was so disgusting! And I blame DH - I asked him this past weekend to wash out the trash can because it smelled (he is famous for throwing trash loose in the can - not in the house to put in a bag) and his solution was just to open the lid to "air" it out. Which is how all the flies got in to lay their eggs! YUCK! When I called DH to tell him about it, he started laughing...so not what I wanted to hear! And all day I have felt like things are crawling on me...ewwww!!!
Old 08-18-2010, 10:27 AM   #209
Senior LCF Member

You can buy ketosticks at most drugstore (I got mine at CVS), they are near the diabetes supplies.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:30 AM   #210
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: attabeach
Stats: 5'10"/254/208/160
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 8/11/10
Newbie!

Hello everyone! I am new here. I started with MediWLC last week and had my first weigh in today...down 9.2 pounds!!

I am so excited! I actually had a rough week and thought I could have done better. 2 days were spent in the hospital with my daughter (she is ok now) and so I got thrown out of ketosis. Now I have to get back in over the next couple of days! But, I know I can do it !
Closed Thread