Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2010, 10:00 PM   #151
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
FYI

Oh my gosh, there are so many new threads started every day that I don't have time to read. I have restricted myself to reading daily the new stickies, monthly thread, and maintenance thread. There are other really good substance threads like the energy in/ energy out thread, and more that are of general interest to many.

My point is, unless you have a new topic that is of general interest to others, you will get more readership and responses by contributing your comments to the general thread or the thread most appropriate to your topic. IMHO, opening a new thread for every new blog becomes very cumbersome and I no longer read them.

I don't mean to sound harsh, just honest. I have been working alot and my free time has become very sparse. I enjoy contributing, but have not been able to spend the time reading posts that I used to.

I hope you are all doing really well and enjoying this new WOL. This has been such an amazing change in the lives of my family. I can't thank Medi enough. I lost 68 pounds, my husband lost 58 pounds, my 20 year old son has lost 64 pounds (and is close to goal), and I just started my youngest son (who is grossly overweight) and he lost 9 pounds in his first week. Medi has changed our lives.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2010, 12:41 AM   #152
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tydreamer
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 2/10/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDC2 View Post
Lea,

Congrats! You have been so diligent and positive. You deserve all your success and your attitude will carry you well into maintenance. Please go through the maintenance program with Medi. I have seen so many patients quit Medi due to the money once they meet their goal, only to gain it all back. The maintenance / wellness phases are such an important part of the journey. You are taught how to eat in maintenance and have monthly appointments until you are at a stable calorie point and comfortable with your eating style. You don't have to be on Medi forever, but you do need to learn how to eat for life, which you do not learn during acute phase.

My second recommendation is that you feel like you can come back to Medi at any time should you gain some weight back. Medi will welcome you and put you back on the acute phase. Do it after the first 10-15 pounds. Don't wait until you gain it all back.

When I have clients that come back having gained a few pounds back, I do not scold them, but congratulate them for having the good sense to come back and get it back under control. As a former patient, that is what I plan to do.
Susie, thank you. I actually lost 34 pounds on the Medi plan before I actually joined and the biggest reason for me joining and paying the money is BECAUSE I knew they could help me with the transition and the maintenance phase. There's no way I would even attempt to do this on my own. I've lost weight before, only to gain it back and THEN some. I will not do that this time. I am committed to the Medi WOE for the rest of my life. I hope to be like you, actually, Susie. Allow myself to enjoy vacations, eat what's in front of me if I were to go on a cruise, enjoy my time in very special social settings and then immediately get right back to what I KNOW works - Medi. Your posts about your little gain after your vacation have filled me with confidence. I hope that I don't even have to struggle with gaining, but I'm certain I will. Medi has armed me with the tools and information and they're STILL HERE for me! This is a WOL is a part of me now. Me and Medi are in it together.

Thank you for EVERYTHING you do for this group!!!

Last edited by tydreamer; 08-12-2010 at 12:43 AM..
Old 08-12-2010, 07:14 AM   #153
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2princesses View Post
Can I just say that I hate my TOM!!!! Why can I go 3 weeks without craving anything - then it's like all of a sudden my mouth is watering at the thought of salty foods! (And almonds lightly salted just don't cut it, I tried!). Ugh! Not to mention how really bloated I am this month, yuck! Went down a size in bottoms last week...and today they feel SO tight. Just a bit discouraging!

And for some reason I am testing negative for ketosis the last 4 days...no idea why. I weigh-in tomorrow, and plan to ask.

I know its because of TOM, but I'm having one of those "pity party" days. And because I can't eat what my brain is trying to tell me I want - I feel like I don't want to eat anything. I took my oldest (4 1/2) to the dermatoligist earlier today - she has had a plantar wart that we are trying to get rid of (she was born with clubfeet and has undergone years of casting/surgeries/therapy to fix her feet...we finally get to a good place, and now this wart is causing her to walk on the side of her foot which is what we've strived to correct for years!). Anyways - the dr. was injecting a med DIRECTLY into her foot - it was one of the worst experiences I have ever had, I literally had to use my entire body to hold her down as she SCREAMED! Leaving there, she asked if she could have a McDonald's shake...and after what she went through, I said yes. (This is a rare treat for my kids...even before Medi). In the drive-through line all I wanted was fries - and I mean it was bad! Closest I've come to getting them was definitely today - and it was so totally an emotional response while TOM. Its great that Medi has taught me to recognize WHY I wanted it...but it's contributed to the "why me" feeling today.

Keri, I have lost 95 lb to date. I started with 22 size bottoms and may be 20 tops. It could have been bigger but I was always trying to buy strechy clothes. Now I am usually 12 bottoms and 10 tops. (My thighs are still fatty, not sure what to do with them). I am 5'4''. I have not been buying a lot of new clothes because I saved my old "small" clothes in hopes to wear them again. My closet had all sizes from 22 to 12-10. So as my weight was coming down I was pulling appropriate sizes and then when they were becoming too lose - I was donating them. I think I was about size 18 when I lost 50 lb (weighing about 200 lb). So next 45 lb amounted to 3 or 4 sizes. So it looks like the less you weigh it takes less pounds for a dress size. I am hoping to lose another 12-13 lb so hopefully will fit into 10 bottoms. But again, who knows if my thighs will fit there ( I am pretty sure my hips and waist will) So don't get hung up on dress sizes (every brand is different anyway) - I did not. As long as weght is coming down and you are doing the program to a "T" - you will look and feel great!

"Nothing tastes better than thin feels"
-------------------
Was in wellness!
Restart on 04/05/11 to lose 15 gained lb
253/148/140
Old 08-12-2010, 12:44 PM   #154
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by irabeslim View Post
Keri, I have lost 95 lb to date. I started with 22 size bottoms and may be 20 tops. It could have been bigger but I was always trying to buy strechy clothes. Now I am usually 12 bottoms and 10 tops. (My thighs are still fatty, not sure what to do with them). I am 5'4''. I have not been buying a lot of new clothes because I saved my old "small" clothes in hopes to wear them again. My closet had all sizes from 22 to 12-10. So as my weight was coming down I was pulling appropriate sizes and then when they were becoming too lose - I was donating them. I think I was about size 18 when I lost 50 lb (weighing about 200 lb). So next 45 lb amounted to 3 or 4 sizes. So it looks like the less you weigh it takes less pounds for a dress size. I am hoping to lose another 12-13 lb so hopefully will fit into 10 bottoms. But again, who knows if my thighs will fit there ( I am pretty sure my hips and waist will) So don't get hung up on dress sizes (every brand is different anyway) - I did not. As long as weght is coming down and you are doing the program to a "T" - you will look and feel great!
Irabeslim - Thanks for this! My closet also ranged in sizes from 22 - 12's. I am now in the 16/18's (which I had to buy 2 new pairs of 16 bottoms because I didn't have any shorts in that size!). I have donated all clothes that have gotten too big - because I will NEVER wear them again. Its one thing to hold on to the skinny clothes to wear again, but not the fat clothes! Its funny that you doubt your thighs fitting in 10's - my thighs/butt are losing before my stomach - my clothes all get so big through the legs/butt before they get too big around my stomach, my husband tells me I have "saggy bum" all the time (imagine a baby when their diaper gets too wet and it sags down....yeah, that's what he says my shorts look like!). I do have a size 12 dress from my bridal shower about 7 years ago and a size 14 dress from my rehearsal dinner (both very classic styles from Ann Taylor) that i WILL fit in again! Love hearing about your progress - as we started at similiar sizes and have similiar goals! Keep sharing!

I had to go back and tell you how much I LOVE your quote - I have repeated it to myself numerous times when out and tempted with food...its like mantra that plays in my head as I imagine those size 10 jeans I will buy someday! Skinny beats ice cream any day!

Over 100lbs. GONE FOREVER
Thanks to MWL!
8 months to Wellness....5/11/10 - 1/11/11

Last edited by mommy2princesses; 08-12-2010 at 12:46 PM..
Old 08-12-2010, 01:39 PM   #155
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Irabeslim, and Keri,
I'm right there with both of you. I started with 22W/24W bottom and 2x tops (I'm short at 5'2") I'm now in 18 (regular...no longer W) shorts and pants, and either a Large or XL (usually in petites) top. My thighs are still large as is my baggy tummy (after 2 C-Sections). My DH is also doing Medi, and as he loses weight he's tightening up, and dropping sizes like crazy. I need to sort my clothes again. Some of the tops that fit, don't look good, so I just need to get rid of them. I have plenty of clothes in smaller sizes, but right now only 2 pairs of shorts that actually fit.

Lea, all I can say is WOOHOO!

We had our weigh-in today (one day late, due to D-I-L and kids being here) and I was VERY disappointed. I didn't lose anything! That was a first for me. DH only lost 2 pounds! Neither of us have been drinking enough water, and since I had to be home to take care of the grandbaby, I didn't walk like I usually do. I decided to have a "cheat" day today after weighing in. We stopped at Arby's and I ate a few fries, the meat, and 1/2 of the bun from a regular roast beef sandwich. Tomorrow after checking my ketones I'll do week 1 for a couple days, along with getting back to walking and drinking ALL of my water, I'm hoping this jump starts my weight loss again!

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford
Old 08-12-2010, 05:07 PM   #156
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
Just wanted to tell everyone that I had a good day today. No reason, I just felt better about myself, and didnt' feel like snacking all day. Since I've been whining so much lately I felt like I should also come and share when I have good days. Lets home tomorrow is good too. I am taking my girls to the beach, and only packing what I can eat, so I should have a problem with my eatting, and I LOVE the beach, so I am sure it will be good.
Old 08-12-2010, 07:16 PM   #157
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: YankeeMom27
Stats: 181/156.8/145
WOE: Medi WeightLoss
Start Date: restart 03/29/13
I survived the dreaded week 2 weigh-in- lost 2.2 lbs!!! I'm very excited, but nervous at same time because I'm going on vacation tomorrow for 10 days and I don't want to gain any weight. I have all my Medi info and meds packed, bought a box of Atkin's Endulge bars for those times when there's nothing for me to eat. I'm just scared because there is going to be a lot of temptations that I haven't had to deal with eating at home. How do I resist good Jersey Italian food, pizza and bagels (all the things I miss after moving to Florida!) AND I promised my daughter we would go to Hoboken to Carlos' bakery where they film 'Cake Boss' -Lord help me!!
Old 08-12-2010, 07:46 PM   #158
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
~Yankee~You resist by remembering what took you to MWL in the first place, and by planning as much as you can ahead of time. You resist the same way i resist when I go home to the Pacific NW and visit Moonstruck Chocolates, Rose's Bakery, and Saint Cupcake in Portland and Bruce's Candy Kitchen on the coast with family.The only place I give in is at Powell's Bookstore and indulge my passion for books.

It is possible with the right mindset, which again. is essential for this program. Trust me, it CAN be done.

And just an FYI make sure you take a good look at the Endulge Bars. I took a peek a one of them and the nutritional data is sort of scary.
Total Calories 180
Calories From Fat 70

Total Fat 8 g 12%
Cholesterol 0 mg 0%
Sodium 130 mg 5%
Potassium 85 mg 2%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g 7%
Dietary Fiber 11 g 44%
Sugars 1 g
Sugar Alcohols (Polyols) 0 g
Show Net Carbs
Net Carbs
Minus Fiber 11 g

Protein 10 g 20%

I would be pretty careful how many of those you ate in any given day. That is a lot of carbs for one thing especially in the acute phase. And the calorie count is kinda high too.
JMHO.

You CAN do this.

Jo

Last edited by Desert-Rose7; 08-12-2010 at 07:52 PM..
Old 08-12-2010, 07:51 PM   #159
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sunflower531
Stats: 143/133.2/125
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 4/14/14
Haven't posted for a while....started school the first of Aug. so I have been busy. Losing weight slowly! But it's still coming off! Turns out I need to eat more, and they suggested wearing weights on my 4 mile walks because my body is so used to walking. I bought the ankle weights. God bless to all!
Old 08-12-2010, 07:57 PM   #160
Major LCF Poster!

~Sunflower~ Be very careful wearing any kind of weights while walking. They can be harmful.

Here is an article I found when I considered the same thing.

A well-rounded fitness program includes both aerobic exercise and strength training, so you're on the right track — but it's best to avoid ankle weights when you walk. Ankle weights can change your normal gait, which may cause you to lose your balance or hurt yourself while you're walking.

To get more out of your walking routine, forget the ankle weights and simply pick up the pace. If you're in good shape, you might incorporate short bursts of jogging into your regular brisk walks. If you're less fit, you might alternate leisurely walking with periods of faster walking. For example, if you're walking outdoors, you could walk faster between certain mailboxes, trees or other landmarks.

You can decide for yourself, but I chose to change up my walking routine instead of adding the weights.

Jo
Old 08-12-2010, 08:04 PM   #161
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Hey Girlfriends/and Guyfriends! Just got home from vacation trip, I was away from home for about 8 days.....I'll assess the "damage" tomorrow AM after I wake and stand on the scales. Just looked at the calendar (hadn't brought it with me on vacation) and I have a Medi appt at 9:30 AM....wow! I have less than 12 hours to make about 4 lbs melt off! Just kidding, I know what to do thanks to Medi and will just have to fess up to being on vacation time most of the past 8 days!

Just a very quick note because I have LOTS of catching up on homework due, an assignment even due this evening in less than 3 hours but I wanted to stop in and say hi to my friends first!! Oldest DD kept going on and on about how awesome I look and how proud she is of me for losing this weight and focusing on my health. She was genuinely surprised and both DD agree with my goal of 137 lbs. So....onward and forward!

We had a WONDERFUL family vacation! Oldest DD did her first triathlon and finished just 10 minutes after her well experienced coach who's time was 3 hours 33 mins (to swim a mile, run up the sandy bank to the bike, bicycle 26 miles, run back to put the bike away, and then ran 6.6 miles/a 10K)....and crossed the finish line with a smile on her face! This was in Ohio...then we caravaned to the Smokey Mtns where we had rented a cabin for 3 nights....hiked in the Appalacians, made wonderful memories! Ahhh.....the whole family together! (My DH, my two DD, and oldest DD's boyfriend and me!) I am so happy!! But, back to schoolwork now. I probably cannot catch up too much more online here til next week....another big paper due on Sunday.

I skimmed through the 2 1/2 pages of notes I've missed out on....this team is wonderful!

Congratulations Lea for getting to transition now!! Whoo Hoo!! All my Medi buddies are doing so good. Back to the Energy In/Energy Out thread tomorrow for me!

Last edited by Fit2010; 08-12-2010 at 08:56 PM..
Old 08-12-2010, 08:09 PM   #162
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: YankeeMom27
Stats: 181/156.8/145
WOE: Medi WeightLoss
Start Date: restart 03/29/13
thanks Desert Rose! The Atkins bars i got were 130 calories and only 2 net grams of carbs (I think I saw a thread where someone recommended them). I was planning on having a protein shake in am for b-fast and then have the bar for lunch since our flight is at 11am. It's amazing that I never realized how much of our lives revolves around food- all my friends want to have us over for dinner or go out for lunch. We have a birthday party (stretched out over 2 days, of course), a church reunion picnic, and a Yankee game- yikes! But like you said, I'm going to preplan my meals as much as possible and am already thinking of my exercise program. I really love this plan and LOVE the results I'm having (when so many other plans have failed for me), so that's what is going to keep me on plan while away! Two years ago, we went on a cruise and I ended up losing 2 pounds (hubby gained 5!) by watching what I ate and exercising everyday. So I know if I can resist all that food that is on a cruise, I can stick to the Medi plan!!
Old 08-13-2010, 04:38 AM   #163
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nsjx
Stats: 203.5/159/159 - maintenance
WOE: medi
Start Date: April 17, 2010
I am now a proud member of the 40lb club!!!
Old 08-13-2010, 05:55 AM   #164
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Irabeslim - Thanks for this! My closet also ranged in sizes from 22 - 12's. I am now in the 16/18's (which I had to buy 2 new pairs of 16 bottoms because I didn't have any shorts in that size!). I have donated all clothes that have gotten too big - because I will NEVER wear them again. Its one thing to hold on to the skinny clothes to wear again, but not the fat clothes! Its funny that you doubt your thighs fitting in 10's - my thighs/butt are losing before my stomach - my clothes all get so big through the legs/butt before they get too big around my stomach, my husband tells me I have "saggy bum" all the time (imagine a baby when their diaper gets too wet and it sags down....yeah, that's what he says my shorts look like!). I do have a size 12 dress from my bridal shower about 7 years ago and a size 14 dress from my rehearsal dinner (both very classic styles from Ann Taylor) that i WILL fit in again! Love hearing about your progress - as we started at similiar sizes and have similiar goals! Keep sharing!

I had to go back and tell you how much I LOVE your quote - I have repeated it to myself numerous times when out and tempted with food...its like mantra that plays in my head as I imagine those size 10 jeans I will buy someday! Skinny beats ice cream any day!
We are all built differently. I read somewhere that because of a low blood circulation in the thighs, it is the most difficult place to lose fat from. So you may look even thinner with more weight since your legs and butt are losing fat faster. You can always do something with the "hanging stomach" under the clothes but not with thighs.

Also I want to share my joy. I just came back from 2 weeks vacation abroad and I lost 4 lb. My goal was not to gain but I lost. Another 1.2 lb I will be chnaging my avatar for 100 lb club. I guess careful planning and new mindset helped me do this. Never happened to me before. I always brought additional 5-10 lb from vacation. So WE CAN DO IT!!!
Old 08-13-2010, 08:52 AM   #165
Senior LCF Member

Welcome back Debbie! Your vacation sounds amazing - congrats to your daughter! It must have felt so nice to have your whole family being active together....I hope to let my girls now grow up with a Mommy who likes to do "active" things...rather than the Mommy who would rather sit around!

Irabeslim - 2 weeks vacation and lost weight??? Anything is possible on MEDI!!! Looking forward to your 100 lb club!

Talked to a friend last night who's mom had gastric bypass done the same week I joined Medi...she has lost 77 lbs thus far. She has about 150 to lose total. And I have lost 52 in the same amount of time, without surgery. I wish I knew then what I know now about Medi....I would've tried to convince her to try this WOE.

Off to look at some local gyms today...need to incorporate some kind of strength training!
Old 08-13-2010, 09:28 AM   #166
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Welcome back Debbie! Your vacation sounds amazing - congrats to your daughter! It must have felt so nice to have your whole family being active together....I hope to let my girls now grow up with a Mommy who likes to do "active" things...rather than the Mommy who would rather sit around!

Irabeslim - 2 weeks vacation and lost weight??? Anything is possible on MEDI!!! Looking forward to your 100 lb club!

Talked to a friend last night who's mom had gastric bypass done the same week I joined Medi...she has lost 77 lbs thus far. She has about 150 to lose total. And I have lost 52 in the same amount of time, without surgery. I wish I knew then what I know now about Medi....I would've tried to convince her to try this WOE.

Off to look at some local gyms today...need to incorporate some kind of strength training!

When I started in January and decided that I needed to lose 108 lb to get a normal BMI of 25 they told me it will take me a whole year. In fact, it took me less than 7 months to lose 98.8 lb. with 9-10 lb still to go. May be these last 10 lb will take much longer I hope not. I read about struggles people have to lose these last 10 lb. I hope it is not my case. My results will not be too shabby even for the "Biggest Loser" show in terms of speed and amount, I think and I did not have to endure these killing workouts that they had to do. I do exercise, of course, but I am working and have family obligations so cannot absolutely devote my entire day to exercise. I echo what you, Kery, say - Medi is a much better altenative than any kind of surgery and results are same or better, as long as we stick to it and change our attitude toward food.
Old 08-13-2010, 12:52 PM   #167
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Charlene4
Stats: 154.5/135/135
WOE: vegan/vegetarian
Start Date: June 7,2010
I'm starting to think that this is the size that my body is supposed to be. The weight I am now is pretty much the weight I used to keep for years and that was fine....but I lower my goal a little bit and when I went to weigh in today I hadn't had a loss at all but did gain .5lb of muscle. I have been working out much more lately and believe that is partially why I haven't lost but it's kinda discouraging since I was hoping to lose another 4-5lbs. I spoke to her about possibly transitioning to maintenance and she suggested that I should do one of two things: 1) start transitioning now and keep working out, etc. at the same level or 2) staying in acute but taking one of two days off from exercise during the week and making sure to eat extra (protein shake and fruit is what my clinic suggests) on days I weight train. I am going with choice 2 for now...at least until next week. If the scale moves down next week, I will try to meet my new goal and if it doesn't, I think I will try transitioning. Anybody have an experiences/thoughts on this subject or advice for me? My size is still getting smaller, so that's great. I believe, for me, the "answer" is to get one clothing size smaller...I also want to work on lowering my body fat which is currently at 26 percent...but I am not sure what I want it to be, exactly....I'm thinking maybe 23ish...sorry to be so long winded but I think my family and friends think I'm being a little too obsessive.:blush:

maintenance
Old 08-13-2010, 02:02 PM   #168
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by irabeslim View Post
When I started in January and decided that I needed to lose 108 lb to get a normal BMI of 25 they told me it will take me a whole year. In fact, it took me less than 7 months to lose 98.8 lb. with 9-10 lb still to go. May be these last 10 lb will take much longer I hope not. I read about struggles people have to lose these last 10 lb. I hope it is not my case. My results will not be too shabby even for the "Biggest Loser" show in terms of speed and amount, I think and I did not have to endure these killing workouts that they had to do. I do exercise, of course, but I am working and have family obligations so cannot absolutely devote my entire day to exercise. I echo what you, Kery, say - Medi is a much better altenative than any kind of surgery and results are same or better, as long as we stick to it and change our attitude toward food.
That's the key - changing our attitude toward food! The woman I mentioned who had gastric bypass may be dropping weight, but she is in no way learning how to eat. My friend was saying that the other night her mom ate 1 boneless porkchop that was grilled in BBQ sauce....and was in pain afterwards from eating too much. And the other day they went to McDonalds with the kids...and her mom ate 2 chicken nuggets and a few fries. So, it makes me think that she might LOSE the weight she wants to lose - but realistically, how long until she gains it back? Its just sad to me that you go through surgery because you feel you are out of options - but I don't think everyone truly learns how to stay in maintenance that way. And now friends sister is beginning the steps to undergo the same surgery - she weighs low 300's and desperately wants a baby (she's 33 and hasn't gotten pregnant despite trying for a few years). I told my friend to let her know that I'd love to talk to her about how I'm losing the weight, if she is interested. We'll see...I know from personal experience that this decision to finally make that life change needs to come from within - but I will gladly help her find her way to Medi if she's ready!
Old 08-13-2010, 03:58 PM   #169
Senior LCF Member

I had another great day. I went to the beach with my 3 girls and my mom went with me and I was able to take a long walk on the beach and sit and read, and she helped watch my girls. It was very relaxing. Tomorrow we are going on a 4 hr float trip with friends. It's going to be a great weekend. And my eatting has been right along with my attitude. I haven't wanted to snack, I haven't gone over on calories or carbs, and I've gotten pleanty of excersize. It's amazing what a few days can do to your attitude. Thanks for listening to both the negatives and the postives.
Old 08-15-2010, 09:57 AM   #170
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: KadyC
Stats: 215/184/130
WOE: medi
Start Date: May 28
Hi everyone. Haven't been on here in a few weeks, so I'm trying to catch up on reading how everyone is doing. I have to tell you that you are all very inspiring to me. I've been sidelined with a leg injury, so I had to stop exercising, but I continued with the plan and still lost weight. I was very proud of that!! I finally hit the 30 pound mark. woo hoo and i've cleaned out my closet and donated several bags of clothes in various sizes. The funniest thing is that I actually saved 3 pairs of tommy hillfiger jeans in 3 sizes (from the last time I lost 150+ pounds). I now easily wear the 14s (very baggy) and can fit into the 12s. I can't wait to pull the 10s on! Has anyone else found that your cravings have changed? I still yearn for cookies, just not every day. I just wonder as I keep losing if my tastes totally change???

Kady
Old 08-15-2010, 05:32 PM   #171
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: losing in Ftm
Stats: restart Apr 2012
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 5/5/10
Except for pizza (and then I am satisfied with the Medi recipe from the recipe threads) my cravings have changed completely. I craved the cocoa almonds so bad I no longer keep them around. After reading the different posts from everyone here, I thank God I have never liked P'nut Butter. Yogurt is another weakness of mine. I actually feel like I've treated myself with the sugarfree jello ant FF cool whip

I had a church function today and cut up and serve a full sheet cake. You know how much icing ends up on the serving utensils and cake box. Before Medi I would have definitely have helped myself to it. Instead I set it aside and at least 4 other women immediatlely picked up spoons to eat the remains. At the same time raving about the difference losing 45 lbs. made me look.
Old 08-15-2010, 05:51 PM   #172
Senior LCF Member

I bought cinnamon/brown sugar almonds last night ....oh boy, talk about addicting and delicious!!!! We were taking the girls to the drive-in and I packed those as my movie snack (to keep from eating the Twizzlers!) and I am so glad that I had packed only a single portion for myself...because I probably would've eaten the entire thing during a movie! Its so sad - I am already at 590 protein calories for today, and I'm almost mad at myself because I really want more almonds! Sometimes I feel as if I trade one addiction/craving for another.... I have errands to run in the morning with the girls, and would usually grab a 100-calorie pack of almonds to take along "just in case" but I can so see myself bringing a baggie of cinnamon almonds instead!
Old 08-15-2010, 06:14 PM   #173
Senior LCF Member

Keri I agree with the trading one addiction for another, luckily though I am on a laughing cow cheese wedge kick and at 35 cal I can endulge in two without too much trouble. I usually have one as a snack and then one when I get back from my run.

I am only going to my clinic every other week right now due to funds, so I weighted in at home on Friday morning and was down to 134.4 so another pound down. I won't make it official until next Friday when I go to the clinic. Although I am suppose to have my TOM this week so we'll see what that does. I had an amazingly fun weekend, and I did pretty well eatting too so I am happy all around. My only downfall was having a little too many protein calories on Saturday, but I didn't go over on carbs so I guess that's a plus.
Old 08-15-2010, 11:21 PM   #174
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Whoo Hoot Lins! 41 lbs gone! You are doing wonderful....and after a slight plateau....thankfully it all moved down the scales! I know what you and Keri mean about addictions....I have to be careful sometimes with my craisins, even with putting them on frozen Adkins choc shake.
Old 08-16-2010, 12:34 PM   #175
Major LCF Poster!

~Debbie~I about flipped when I saw that you are eating craisins in the acute phase. I used to love them but deleted them from my choices long ago because of the high sugar and carb content. I would guess that you are only using a few at a time, like five or six. You are pretty doggone savvy so I imagine you checked all the data.

But for me, I am just not willing to eat almost 30 grams of sugar in one serving of 1/3 cup. Along with about 37 grams of carbs. That is just way too much for me...even in wellness.
JMHO.

Jo
Old 08-16-2010, 12:54 PM   #176
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Charlene4
Stats: 154.5/135/135
WOE: vegan/vegetarian
Start Date: June 7,2010
On the yahoo front page (don't think I am allowed to post a link??) there is a GREAT article about 10 tactics for overcoming sugar addiction. I found it really awesome/informative. That is my main problem. I have been a healthy eater (for meals) most of my adult life but sugary candy (twizzlers, hard candies, etc) have always been my downfall. I could eat an entire family sized bag of Twizzlers in one day, by myself. I would eat about 3 bags a week for the last 3 years or so. I guess I should be thankful that I have good habits in other areas or I might have gained a lot more weight than I did!! I used to eat just as much candy before I had my son but I was a lot more active and worked out all the time....plus, I'm not getting any younger!
Old 08-16-2010, 01:45 PM   #177
Senior LCF Member

Charlene - You are not the only one who could eat the entire family size bag of Twizzlers in a day by yourself...I'm with you on that one! And you're right - the article on Yahoo about sugar addiction was a good one...and perfect for all of us!

I had my Week 14 weigh-in today and lost 2.7 lbs, which means 55.1 lbs total. In other words - I have lost the equivalent of my almost 5 yr old daughter! So every time I pick her up and think how heavy she is...that's what I used to carry around all the time. Yuck!

The clinic wants me to do 3 to 4 days of protein only (they would prefer 4 days) since I have been out of ketosis for over 2 weeks now. For some reason - I am so dreading it. I had only had yogurt when I went this morning (yogurt is ok during protein only, right?) so figured I might as well start today.
Old 08-16-2010, 03:10 PM   #178
Senior LCF Member

Hi all. Just so you know, I HAVE eaten an entire family size bag of Twizzlers in one day. My husband doesn't even like them and doesn't see the appeal. I love the chewy texture and bite like 87 little bites out of one of them because I like they way they bite, too.

Another of my weaknesses is sunflower seeds and I had some this week. A lot actually. And I'm hoping the almost three pounds up this morning has to do with the sodium and water retention and not true weight gain.

Transition is harder than I thought because of the freedom and the part where you really are SUPPOSED to add things back in. I'm struggling. Technically, I'm supposed to be at 800 calories a day. I was ALREADY around 1,000, so the 800 is pretty limiting. Especially with trying to add in more carbs. My tendancy is to lighten up on the protein because it's higher in calories and eat more veggies and fruit - but THAT'S no good either. I did, however, start working out a little harder, a little longer and I hope that's going to help.

I have a list of foods that are just going to have to be off limits for me - the almonds, the peanut butter and the Atkins bars. All weaknesses and I don't seem to be able to limit myself very easily. So they're just not going to be allowed. I still have some of all of the those and so far, haven't brought myself to throwing them out, but have really thought about it.

I truly feel HUNGRIER these days and don't know how I ever made it on 500 calories. I'd love to do another day or two of that just as a cleanse/or jumpstart to transition, but I don't think I have the willpower. Maybe this weekend...
Old 08-16-2010, 03:27 PM   #179
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

The clinic wants me to do 3 to 4 days of protein only (they would prefer 4 days) since I have been out of ketosis for over 2 weeks now. For some reason - I am so dreading it. I had only had yogurt when I went this morning (yogurt is ok during protein only, right?) so figured I might as well start today.
I really think I should do this too. I think it would help rid my body of the carbs due to the fruits and veggies and it's really been triggering other cravings. Maybe I'll start tomorrow and just do a couple of days. The thought of it is really depressing tho - but I can tell I need to do something. I'm really wanting to eat more than I should.
Old 08-16-2010, 05:13 PM   #180
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Charlene - You are not the only one who could eat the entire family size bag of Twizzlers in a day by yourself...I'm with you on that one! And you're right - the article on Yahoo about sugar addiction was a good one...and perfect for all of us!

I had my Week 14 weigh-in today and lost 2.7 lbs, which means 55.1 lbs total. In other words - I have lost the equivalent of my almost 5 yr old daughter! So every time I pick her up and think how heavy she is...that's what I used to carry around all the time. Yuck!

WOOHOO 55 pounds gone forever! I decided on my own to do week 1 (protein only) after not losing last week. I can't afford to go to the clinic and NOT lose. It has actually been easier than I thought it would be. I had planned on doing it for only 2 days, but yesterday I still wasn't in ketosis.....I had a PLANNED cheat day on Thursday....so I continued. This morning I was back in ketosis, but ended up doing protein only again today. I hadn't planned it but DH wasn't home when I ate dinner tonight, and it's much easier to do when it's just me
Closed Thread