Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2010, 12:21 PM   #91
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lauried0872
WOE: MWL
Vegetables

Quote:
Still confused... so for spinach / lettuce, you weigh it and 1oz is a serving? Always wondered about the jammed / loose thing, and gave up.
I dont really pay attention to how many ounces = a serving (I think serving size is different with every vegetable).

I usually weigh the vegetable(s) I am going to eat (using my own eye as an indicator of how much I want) and calculate calories/carbs based on total weight. With lettuce, MWL materials say "one cup" but because of the jammed/loose confusion...I just go by total weight.

I'm probably confusing things more than they have to be. To keep it as simple as possible...I threw out the idea of "servings and cups and 1/2 cups" with all things vegetable. I just weigh everything and calculate with Orlando2002's numbers. :-)

Last edited by lauried0872; 08-06-2010 at 12:22 PM.. Reason: removed 1st line so the beginning of my next sentence was no longer appropriate

Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2010, 01:25 PM   #92
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
Congratulations Keri and Lins....you are making some wonderful choices. I hope you'll remember to always take time for yourself to exercise. With crazy schedules with kids at home years ago it was easy to say it could wait...that I could wait...or that it didn't matter. But it did. And you matter too!
Debbie - you hit the nail on the head with that one! It has been so easy in the past to say that my needs could wait....and I am so glad that I am starting to learn that I don't need to wait until everyone else is taken care of and to hope that there is time for me. Sometimes we need to hear that - thank you!

As for the vegetable thing....my clinic said that I can jam in as much lettuce/spinach leaves into the 1/2 cup or 1 cup and still go by the 25 calories/5 g carbs. (I asked because if you look at a bag of pre-packaged salad some of the servings are 2.5-3 cups and its about 15 calories. I was confused by that and the clinic said an important factor is the portion size...so to always stick with the 1/2 cup or 1 cup servings.)

On a good note - took my 2 girls to Macy's today because I was sick of wearing shirts that don't fit. I practically cry in the morning getting dressed because I've worked so hard for 3 months to lose almost 50 lbs, but you can't even tell because my clothes are so baggy. I started almost 3 months ago (this is so embarassing to think about - that I was THAT big!) wearing a size 2x tops and 22 bottoms. Today, I bought 2 pairs of size 16 bottoms (1 pair of Tommy Hilfiger bermuda shorts - on sale for $13.97!) and 5 size xl tops. I even bought a bathing suit - size 16 (the bathing suit I wore on vacation this past January is a size 24!). You have no idea how great it felt to shop in the regular departments...and not the plus size. I called DH to tell him what I spent and that I felt guilty spending that much on myself (typical Mom thing, isn't it?!) and his response was that I deserve it. To see myself in clothes that actually fit really made this whole thing seem believable! I came so close to buying a pair of size 10 jeans just to keep in the closet as my "goal pants". But I didn't - not yet anyways!!! Now, while the little one naps I'm off to clean out my closet!!!

Over 100lbs. GONE FOREVER
Thanks to MWL!
8 months to Wellness....5/11/10 - 1/11/11
Old 08-06-2010, 07:23 PM   #93
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
I weight-in today at 135.6, which is my original Medi goal!!! I can't belive I did it. I am still a bit in shock. I changed my goal to at least 125 (I'm only 5'1), but I am still THRILLED that I hit my original goal. It feels so great! And I wore my size 6 bermuda shorts today.
Old 08-07-2010, 04:27 AM   #94
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnK
Stats: 5'2" 133/133/115
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 7/22/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by lins View Post
I weight-in today at 135.6, which is my original Medi goal!!! I can't belive I did it. I am still a bit in shock. I changed my goal to at least 125 (I'm only 5'1), but I am still THRILLED that I hit my original goal. It feels so great! And I wore my size 6 bermuda shorts today.
lins ~ O my gosh, that's wonderful !!!
I can see that you get down on yourself somedays... and I want to thank you for always putting that in words to share with us. Your honesty helps me, anyway to realize I'm not alone.... and your success helps me to keep keeping on. I don't know if I can reach my original goal in 16 weeks, but I know that I will make it, and more, with help from ya'll!!!
Old 08-07-2010, 05:00 AM   #95
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: suzanna1
Stats: 215/162.5/149 5'8" 38 years old
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinic
Congratulations, Lins!!! I am so excited for you!
Old 08-07-2010, 05:05 AM   #96
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SonoRoo
Stats: 5'1" ~ 187.6/162/115
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: May 20, 2010
Quote:
That is SO fabulous lins!!! Just a couple of weeks ago you were in a real rut! You stuck with it and it paid off!!! I am SO proud of you!
Old 08-07-2010, 05:18 AM   #97
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SonoRoo
Stats: 5'1" ~ 187.6/162/115
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: May 20, 2010
Random thoughts: must have sleep. I am not on call today, woohoo! I'm up this early because I was called in to scan the one and only patient in the ER. *sigh*
Old 08-07-2010, 07:41 AM   #98
Senior LCF Member

Woo-hoo Lins!!! Congrats!!!
Old 08-07-2010, 08:40 AM   #99
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nsjx
Stats: 203.5/159/159 - maintenance
WOE: medi
Start Date: April 17, 2010
Congrats Lins!! Hard work and perseverance does pay off.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:24 AM   #100
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Charlene4
Stats: 154.5/135/135
WOE: vegan/vegetarian
Start Date: June 7,2010
Quote:
Awesome! Great job! I hit my ORIGINAL goal yesterday too and it felt good.
Also, it's funny cause a few days ago a few people were talking about measurements and body comparisons and stuff like that, this is a perfect example of how everyones body is built differently because you are wearing a size 6 and I am wearing a size 6 and our weights are almost the same yet we have about a 5 inch height diffference (I'm 5'6")...just goes to show how different we can be and still look great.
Old 08-07-2010, 11:01 AM   #101
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Nance7
Stats: 5'3" 165/125/135 Restart 7/9/12 at 142
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 5/31/2010
Quote:
Lins!!! I have to echo what AnnK said about sharing your honesty about your struggles. Thank you so much for doing that.

And Keri, that is just so fantastic about the new clothes!! My friends who have lost a lot of weight (other programs) say that it is REALLY important to get those old clothes out of the house or have them altered to fit you. Just don't leave them around. It's a mind thing--your brain still registers that they are there. Donate them quickly!

On the body shape issue: I am at 140, 5'3", 5 lbs from my original goal, and I can wear smalls at the top, but I'm still in 10s and 12s on the bottom. Today I'm excited to get into a pair of size 12 shorts that I haven't been able to wear for years! Don't know if I'll ever see a size 6...
Old 08-07-2010, 01:00 PM   #102
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2princesses View Post

On a good note - took my 2 girls to Macy's today because I was sick of wearing shirts that don't fit. I practically cry in the morning getting dressed because I've worked so hard for 3 months to lose almost 50 lbs, but you can't even tell because my clothes are so baggy. I started almost 3 months ago (this is so embarassing to think about - that I was THAT big!) wearing a size 2x tops and 22 bottoms. Today, I bought 2 pairs of size 16 bottoms (1 pair of Tommy Hilfiger bermuda shorts - on sale for $13.97!) and 5 size xl tops. I even bought a bathing suit - size 16 (the bathing suit I wore on vacation this past January is a size 24!). You have no idea how great it felt to shop in the regular departments...and not the plus size. I called DH to tell him what I spent and that I felt guilty spending that much on myself (typical Mom thing, isn't it?!) and his response was that I deserve it. To see myself in clothes that actually fit really made this whole thing seem believable! I came so close to buying a pair of size 10 jeans just to keep in the closet as my "goal pants". But I didn't - not yet anyways!!! Now, while the little one naps I'm off to clean out my closet!!!
GOOD for you....I'm SO glad you did some shopping! It really feels good doesn't it? AND you SO deserve it! It was a thrill for me to shop for "regular" sized clothes too! I've had to keep from buying a really small size jeans, to use as my goal. I don't think I've been below a 14 since high school. I do have a couple 14s in my closet, that have never been worn! Keep up the GREAT job, and have a fun time purging your closet of all those FAT clothes you'll never need again! CONGRATULATION!

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford
Old 08-07-2010, 01:54 PM   #103
Senior LCF Member

Mary & Nancy - FAT clothes have been purged from closet and donated as of this morning! Except for 3 items that I am bringing to have altered next week...however, I cut the size tag out of them so that once they are altered I won't forget they are no longer 18's. I wore new clothes today - and it feels so good! We stopped at my parents house and even my Dad noticed I had new clothes on and commented on how now you could "see" the weight loss.

Went for my morning walk today - it was chilly here! Such the complete opposite from the mid-90's and extreme humidity we've been having. It felt so good that I decided to go longer - just checked how far I walked with my car, and it was 5.9 miles...that I did in an hour and a half! I think that will be my "weekend walk" when DH is home and I have more time, I'll have to stick with the 4 mile loop for during the week.

Off to dinner with DH and the girls - hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!
Old 08-07-2010, 01:56 PM   #104
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Nance7
Stats: 5'3" 165/125/135 Restart 7/9/12 at 142
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 5/31/2010
Mary, you're still on our minds. Keep us posted about your dau-in-law.

OK, I'm going to have to bite the bullet and talk about this and hope that somebody can help: Does anyone else have-um-digestive issues that will not abate? Without giving TMI, I am trying everything for extreme, um, irregularity since staring MWL without success. These are the things that have been suggested that I have tried that have NOT worked:
--Medi Colon Cleanse--I find this pretty worthless
--Magnesium tablets
--Metamucil/Citrucel/Dulcolax/Miralax
--Acidophilus/Bifidum probiotics
--"Smooth Move" dieter's tea

Eating more vegs doesn't seem to help. What I'm having to do is a couple of times a week, take a laxative. I hate to get into that habit, and I'd really love to know what others have tried and had success with.

Sorry to be gross, but I need help. Never, ever had this problem b4 Medi. I have to admit that part of my motivation is that my weigh-ins might be better if it weren't for this....

Last edited by Nance7; 08-07-2010 at 01:58 PM..
Old 08-07-2010, 03:18 PM   #105
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nance7 View Post

OK, I'm going to have to bite the bullet and talk about this and hope that somebody can help: Does anyone else have-um-digestive issues that will not abate? Without giving TMI, I am trying everything for extreme, um, irregularity since staring MWL without success. These are the things that have been suggested that I have tried that have NOT worked:
--Magnesium tablets

Eating more vegs doesn't seem to help. What I'm having to do is a couple of times a week, take a laxative. I hate to get into that habit, and I'd really love to know what others have tried and had success with.

Sorry to be gross, but I need help. Never, ever had this problem b4 Medi. I have to admit that part of my motivation is that my weigh-ins might be better if it weren't for this....
Hey Nance ~ I believe we can talk about ANYthing related to our common goals! Anyway, yes, I've had that problem & was warned by my NP on the 1st visit that it was likely. I now take a FiberCon tablet 2x a day & it helps, although it's not quite "the same" as pre-MWL. :blush: I also figured this issue could affect weigh-ins!
Old 08-07-2010, 03:34 PM   #106
Senior LCF Member

The only time I have tummy issues is on days that I haven't had enough to drink. I do start every morning and end every evening with a fiber chew, but other than that, I seem to be affected by water intake. Sorry I can't help more than that.

The doctor at my clinic told me that every other week I should allow myself a small treat to get use to having a treat from time to time without going overboard. So today I made chocolate chip cookies with my girls and ate 1 of the fresh from the oven. It was good and I enjoyed it but it sure doesn't have the same pleasure that it use to. Which I guess is a good thing. Food has just doesn't hold any power over me anymore. Not that I won't endulge from time to time but it's nice to know that I won't go nuts. Now I'm off to run 4 miles.
Old 08-07-2010, 03:43 PM   #107
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tydreamer
Start Date: 2/10/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nance7 View Post

--Magnesium tablets

I'm in the same boat. I've tried everything. I have ulcerative colitis and I also have irritbile bowel, constipation dominant. The colon cleanse did nothing for me. I've doubled the dose of Miralax in combination with all the things you mentioned and then some, and still had no luck. So sadly, once or twice a week, I take a laxative too. And tho I didn't want to get that started, I really don't mind it. I'm concerned with long term issues/damage, but not enough to be miserable while trying to find a solution. I've had these issues long before Medi, but this WOE just made that particular problem worse. I've even tried the senna tea three times. Twice it worked and once it didn't. I wish I could find a solution, so I'm hoping someone has had some luck and can post something that helps us both!
Old 08-07-2010, 05:54 PM   #108
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: txntv
Stats: 5'5" 169.5/131/140
Start Date: March 25, 2010
It's so funny... I hate shopping even after losing the weight. I did TRY hard to shop (I need some outfits for a family event), but found nothing and now need strength to shop again. Then I can't seem to get any decent photos of myself now that I can live with being photographed. Of course, I hardly ever wear nice clothes as I'm always wearing workout clothes (I work out of a home office) and rarely need to shower and change into nicer clothes.

Eventually!

Way to go, Lins!
Old 08-07-2010, 06:34 PM   #109
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Quote:
Originally Posted by eptexy View Post
Zumbaaaaaa! I'll bet you were rockin out! It's hard at first but I think after a few classes, you start to get it.

My friend and I have so much fun being silly. If the steps get hard, we just start "free stylin".
Hey Erin - We're at the hotel. Tomorrow is oldest daughter's big day with the triathlon. I'm so proud! I met her coach today and she said that with my daughter's blog influence that they've had a lot more people than usual interested in the past 11 months and taking up training too. She has been so proud of how I look now and told her coach I'd lost 35 lbs, when I told her it was 47 she just said "wow, mom, that's amazing, that's almost 50 lbs."

Regarding Zumba, younger daughter was laughing the other day uncontrollably when in were in Zumba....after a few minutes I asked her what she was laughing at and she said me! She said I looked like Lucille Ball in I Love Lucy in an episode of her doing her exercise class and that I was doing my own thing rockin' out and she thought it was funny!

I love that my daughters are seeing me feel good and look good and feeling fit! I am feeling so blessed...cuz my goal 12/28/09 when I joined was to be Fit in 2010....and I'm feeling it. I just don't want it to be a phase....I want this to be the START of my new WOL! Ahhhh!

Last edited by Fit2010; 08-07-2010 at 06:35 PM..
Old 08-08-2010, 07:29 AM   #110
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ash347
WOE: Medi
Start Date: March 20,09
Just a quick question for yall, its storming soo bad here!

Have any of you had a couple weeks where you didnt lose on the scale but your clothes start practically falling off?
I had just bought 4 pairs of really nice slacks in all hues of grays.. now they are all too big! Just in two weeks! But, i dont see the scale moving and its very frustrating..
Just wondering if anyone knows why or how that happens?

Thanks for your help!

PS- WTG mary and nancy with getting rid of the "larger" sized clothes! That must be so exciting and so Inspirational

** Ashley**
One day at a time..
Old 08-08-2010, 10:34 AM   #111
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash347 View Post

Have any of you had a couple weeks where you didnt lose on the scale but your clothes start practically falling off?
I had just bought 4 pairs of really nice slacks in all hues of grays.. now they are all too big! Just in two weeks! But, i dont see the scale moving and its very frustrating..

Thanks for your help!

PS- WTG mary and nancy with getting rid of the "larger" sized clothes! That must be so exciting and so Inspirational
Yes, you can loose inches without the scale moving. Eventually it will move again. It has happened to me.
Old 08-08-2010, 10:38 AM   #112
Senior LCF Member

Another thing Ashley. I have taken some clothes to the seamtress. This one particular skirt was taken in and a week later the waist is big again. There was not a big loss on the scale either during that week but the inches were moving fast. That will keep you hanging in there while you wait for the scale to move.
Old 08-08-2010, 10:48 AM   #113
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Charlene4
Stats: 154.5/135/135
WOE: vegan/vegetarian
Start Date: June 7,2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash347 View Post

Thanks for your help!

This happens to me. About a week ago I gained a pound at my weigh in but was down about an inch in the waist and some shorts I had bought only a week prior to that were super baggy (too baggy for public). I have noticed that it seems to take about one to two weeks for my size to catch up with my weight....I hope that makes sense. It's kinda frustrating cause I am spending a lot of money on clothes but it's NOT a bad problem to have.
Old 08-08-2010, 11:26 AM   #114
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlene4 View Post
This happens to me. About a week ago I gained a pound at my weigh in but was down about an inch in the waist and some shorts I had bought only a week prior to that were super baggy (too baggy for public). I have noticed that it seems to take about one to two weeks for my size to catch up with my weight....I hope that makes sense. It's kinda frustrating cause I am spending a lot of money on clothes but it's NOT a bad problem to have.
Yes ~ me, too! Glad it's not my imagination .... I have clothes that I never wore that were too small on me 3 weeks ago. Now they're baggy. I give up & will just get some new winter clothes when I'm fairly stable inch-wise... for now I'll make do & try the tailor thing if it gets too bad. You're right, Charlene ~ I love this problem!
Old 08-08-2010, 02:28 PM   #115
Senior LCF Member

I have several pairs of Capri pants that I only wore for about 2 weeks that I grew out of. I had one dress that someone had given me and it was too little then and by the time I tried it on again it was too big on me. Luckily my mom wears a size 12 so she has taken all the stuff that I have recently grown out of. i've gone from a size 16 to a size 6....that's a big change.

And whoever asked earlier, yes there have been several weeks where I had small losses but my size still seemed to change. So I apparently lost inches, but not weight. That's a good problem! That means you are losing fat, but gaining muscle so the weight will be the same, but you will appear thinner because muscle takes up less room than fat in your body.

I am thrilled with my 135lb goal, but some days the 120's still seem so far away. I know it's all an attitude thing, but still frustrating. Who knew that I'd be 135lbs and still a bit frustrated with my weight.........LOL I haven't had as many compliments lately, but today I saw a friend who has been on vacation for 7 weeks and she was in shock and how much I had changed. That was kind of nice to hear.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:22 AM   #116
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Irelandliz
Stats: 224/210/150
Start Date: 13 July 2010
So it's not my imagination...! Lol

Hi everyone
This is only my second post, I have been with MWL for exactly 4 weeks today and as of last Tuesday have only lost 14lbs. Weigh in tomorrow! I lost 9 the first week and was absolutely thrilled then only 2.5 and 2.5. I am a bit bummed out as I expected to lose 3-6 a week (what I was told at the beginning). I have a total 0f 75 lbs I want to lose.
While I was feeling down on myself for not doing as well as I'd anticipated, I decided to measure myself again. I had lost a total of 10 inches. I am feeling much happier but it must be a woman thing to still want the scale to move. I do admit to weighing myself daily at home - a long time habit!!!
I'm not yet out of my 16's but the size 12's in my closet from 2 yrs ago are still calling out to me.
This is a great forum, wish I'd discovered it during week 1... Lol
Elizabeth
Old 08-09-2010, 11:03 AM   #117
Senior LCF Member

Woo-hoo! Made my first mini-goal today....lost 4.3 lbs this week for a total of 52.4 in 13 weeks (it will be 3 months on Wednesday that I've been with MWL)!. I kept telling myself that when I hit my first goal (which coincides with my 7th wedding anniversary today) that I was going to splurge and "drink" off the MWL plan. So, I splurged on a small iced skinny vanilla latte at Starbuck's today (60 calories, 9 g carbs). I actually talked with the Dr. at clinic about it this morning and she even said to go for it...and I am glad I did. It was nice to see that I was content with a small, rather than a large! And now its out of my head that I've been craving one...time to move on to my next goal!
Old 08-09-2010, 12:35 PM   #118
Senior LCF Member

That's wonderful, Keri!! I'm glad to hear that you gave yourself a little "treat," (Starbucks)... sometimes it seems like those kind of things are out of my life forever, but as you point out, a little bit every once in an other- wise by-the-book diet is ok.
My weigh in (3rd) was good today, too ~ I lost another 4.6 pounds, so I'm halfway to my original goal!! I'm truly amazed... I mean I read about MWL working for all these other people, but now it's working for me, too! (As long as I do the work )...
Elizabeth, try not to be bummed about what you think are small losses. I felt that way last week when I lost a whopping 1.2 lbs. But, as others will tell you here, you FEEL the effects of this plan before you see the numbers on the scale go down. Clothes get bigger or more comfortable. Also, look at ALL of the numbers on the weekly Tanita analysis, like fat mass, BMI, etc. If you're losing fat, that's as good as the overall pound loss. Anyway, you're losing! Isn't that the whole point?
Old 08-09-2010, 03:26 PM   #119
Senior LCF Member

I can do this............I can do this...........I can do this...........I can do this............I can do this........
Old 08-09-2010, 04:03 PM   #120
Senior LCF Member

Uh-oh Lins....rough day??? Go for a run...you'll feel better!

Thanks Ann! Halfway to goal - pretty good job yourself!

Elizabeth - don't get discouraged....a loss is a loss! It takes time to lose a lot of weight...I'm down 52 lbs in 3 months, give yourself some time.
Closed Thread