Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2010, 02:41 PM   #61
Junior LCF Member

Stats: 208/198/197/193
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 6.25.2010
ok, so went on vacation and tried to stay as close to medi as possible. Came home 5.6lbs heavier!! What a bummer... I would never gain this much in one week.. I guess its because for 6weeks I have been NO carb and then went kinda carb crazy.. Went back on week 1 and lost 3lbs already... Do you have any vacation suggestions? I leave again the last week of August and I am totally worried.. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2010, 03:28 PM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
There is a traveling tips thread thats near the top. I maintained the whole time I was gone on vacation for 7 days. Here is what I did (approved by DR before I left). I had a protein shake every single morning for breakfast. I took my powder with me and bought unsweetned almond milk when I arrived and put in in a styrphom icechest. For lunch I either ate an adkins endulge bar, or some lunch meat and cheese (that I also got after arriving and kept in my ice chest). I snacked on 100 calorie almond or beef jerky packs. Then I went out to eat for dinner every night. I either ate grilled chicken on a salad, steak, hamburger (I didn't eat all of it), eggs/bacon..... And I walked every single day. So I am sure that I ended up with more calories each day, and I did go out of ketosis, but I maintained my weight.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:52 AM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tydreamer
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 2/10/10
Lins, have you gotten back into ketosis? I've been out for about 4 days and not back in. I'm not sure how worried I am about that now because I'm almost there. But I'm curious if you're back in.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:45 AM   #64
Senior LCF Member

I was back in a few days before vacation but I am back out again now. My clinic told me not to worry about getting back in, so I haven't been trying very hard. I went only protein for a few days, but didn't make it back into ketosis and then ended up eatting a large salad the next day. I'm not that worried about it. If I don't continue to lose then I'll try to get back in, but as long as I am losing for the next few weeks I'm not going to worry about it. Oh and my running also knocks me out (not out, but it doesn't show up), so it's always hard for me to tell anyway.
Old 08-04-2010, 12:53 PM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by tydreamer View Post
Lins, have you gotten back into ketosis? I've been out for about 4 days and not back in. I'm not sure how worried I am about that now because I'm almost there. But I'm curious if you're back in.
Lea - I've been out of ketosis for a week now. I asked at the clinic yesterday and they weren't really concerned about it, even though I'm only about halfway to goal. They basically said if I was really worried about it I could do a few days of just protein - or wait and see how next week's weigh-in goes and then decide from there. I was more concerned because I didn't know WHY I was knocked out, and the clinic more or less said sometimes it just happens.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:27 PM   #66
Senior LCF Member

I think since I'm only a couple of pounds from goal now and I'm enjoying the heck out of my fruits and veggies I'm not going to get too excited about it. I don't want to go back to all protein. I'm also eating more calories than I probaby should. In fact, I'm probably eating more like I'm in transition. People keep saying you can still lose in transition and maintenance that I'm kind of already in that mind set.

Thanks for your input!
Old 08-04-2010, 02:31 PM   #67
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Nance7
Stats: 5'3" 165/125/135 Restart 7/9/12 at 142
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 5/31/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by tydreamer View Post
I think since I'm only a couple of pounds from goal now and I'm enjoying the heck out of my fruits and veggies I'm not going to get too excited about it. I don't want to go back to all protein. I'm also eating more calories than I probaby should. In fact, I'm probably eating more like I'm in transition. People keep saying you can still lose in transition and maintenance that I'm kind of already in that mind set.

Thanks for your input!
Lea, it sounds like you are doing great! You can be our model for heading into maintenance and succeeding. I think we're all scared of that stage.
Old 08-04-2010, 04:23 PM   #68
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnK
Stats: 5'2" 133/133/115
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 7/22/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nance7 View Post
Lea, it sounds like you are doing great! You can be our model for heading into maintenance and succeeding. I think we're all scared of that stage.
Yes, you're inspiring us to great losses, Lea!
Nance ~ I can't even think about maintenance since I'm only in my 3rd week & just looking forward to each day's challenges. BUT, time does fly by & inevitably we all have to learn to maintain this healthy lifestyle. It feels pretty great right now & I sure hope that feeling continues! (Like during the <shudder> holidays!)
Old 08-04-2010, 04:27 PM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Thank you Nancy and Ann. I wish I FELT great about all this, but I'm really nervous. I'm just pretty darn sure I'll hit goal in the next couple of weeks, then it's all new territory for me. I'm not that good with change!!
Old 08-04-2010, 06:20 PM   #70
Senior LCF Member

I am actually feeling pretty confident about hitting maintance. I know if I've made it through the last 40lbs I can do anything. Plus I no longer have the love for food that I use to have. I don't miss carbs nearly as much as I thought I would. I have learned that 1-2 bites of something satisfies me, and that I can turn down most things and forget about it within a few minutes. Feeling good about myself feels way better than food ever tasted.

But I also want to add that I was always thin up until I started having kids. I used pregnancy and breastfeeding as my excuse to eat poorly, and my small children as an excuse to not exercise. But now that I am done having kids I have taken away my excuses, and learned that I wasn't treating my body very well. So I am really going back to my "old" way of eatting and I feel amazing. I have never been a yo-yo dieter, so I have to reason to think that I can't keep this weight off now.

On that note I am kind of groucy tonight and in the mood to emotional eat, but because I know it's my emotions that are causing me to want to eat I also know how to get past it. So I am going to go take a long hot bath with a good book, and then go to bed.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:02 PM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lins View Post
I am actually feeling pretty confident about hitting maintance. I know if I've made it through the last 40lbs I can do anything.

I have learned that 1-2 bites of something satisfies me, and that I can turn down most things and forget about it within a few minutes.

Feeling good about myself feels way better than food ever tasted.

On that note I am kind of groucy tonight and in the mood to emotional eat, but because I know it's my emotions that are causing me to want to eat I also know how to get past it. So I am going to go take a long hot bath with a good book, and then go to bed.
You really ARE in a good, healthy place!! You know how far you've come and what it takes to maintain, you've learned how to induldge with a bite or two of something you love and then stop, and you've learned alternate behavior (bath and book) to eating yourself out of your funk. I wish I was there, but I'm just not.

I can't take that one or two bites of anything I love cause I just don't trust myself to stop. We'll probably be truly stepping into maintenance at about the same time, but you are miles ahead of me in the journey!!
Old 08-05-2010, 05:08 AM   #72
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ortal
Stats: 184/138/120 5'5"
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 4/26/2010
Morning registered 143 on my home scale, so thats like 141 on the medi scale. I dont get why Im working out SO much harder yet not seeing results. I was at this weight last Sunday morning and Ive worked out an hour+ of cardio each day since plus weight training 2 days. My calories are where they should be. I know I know, Im getting healthier, but Id really like to dip under 140 on my home scale... it came off so easy untill now....

I have another trainer session today, plus cardio at lunch and in the evening. Heres to a good one.

Mini Goal - 130 by 10/30
Ultimate Goal - 120 by the end of the year.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:11 AM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Okay ya'll, I need to talk. I'm close and yet feel so far away! This morning (on my scale) I was 149. That's 147 on the Medi scale but I want to be 145 on MY scale so I'm really thinking I'm about 4 pounds away. I'll get there. I'm sure. Just WHEN??!!

While some parts of my body are looking thin and lovely, other parts are certainly not. My inner thighs are fat. Falling, hanging, squishy fat. My butt is gone. Well, that's not true. It's there, but it's hanging down on my thighs. My hip/butt measurement is down to 35". NOT flattering. My bust is 40", waist is between 28 and 29 depending on the day and my butt is flat. What's the ideal? 36 - 24 - 36???!! And my upper arms are still saggy underneath.

Then there's the other stuff. My back is bony. My collar bone and neck area look TOO thin and bony and tendon-y and thin skinned. My spine and my shoulder blades stick way out and my hip bones really stick out. And here's probably TMI, but my pubic bone also sticks out. My husband has said that a few of my workout shorts should probably be inside shorts only and not the ones I wear when jogging the neighborhood.

Is all of this just because I'm aging? I want to be thin and healthy, but I don't want to look sick. And what about the parts of me that still have visible fat cells?? Will this ever go away? I'm just starting some serious resistance training and deep muscle workouts, so I'm hoping this will help.

I know I need to be taking this journey one day at a time, but I'm such a planner and organizer and lister that I feel like I want the ANSWERS now so I know how to plan accordingly.

Thanks for listening.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:18 AM   #74
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
~Lea~I do believe that you may have some body image issues you still need to work on. You will never be perfect in your own eyes, and I say this knowing that I had to learn that same lesson.

I was as close to perfect as I would ever be at 22 years of age. Well, I am NOT 22 anymore, I have had two children, and I never was overweight till I moved to AZ and turned myself into a couch potato (except for walking a mile every day-heat and all). The period between 1994 and 2008 saw me gain over 100 pounds. And I was in total denial all the way until my doctor just laid it all on the line in December 2008.

MWL helped me lose the weight,and I exercised all the way through,and still do, BUT I work on the inner thighs and the upper arms EVERY day. Are they where I want them? By no means. Will they ever get there? I have absolutely no idea, but I will keep working on them. I see little improvements as I am going along. BUT I also realize that I will never be 22 again. I will NEVER have that kind of muscle tone and sleekness again,but I do have extremely good muscle tone and sleekness appropriate for my age (old enough to know better and young enough to keep trying). The man in my life tells me that I look "super" in the buff. I never had much of "booty" and don't now either.

Ya know, Lea, I am two inches taller than you and weigh about 5-6 pounds more than you do. My bust is 38.5, waist 29.5 and hips 38.0. Thighs are 21.0, calf 14.0 and ankle 7.0. Upper arm about 11.5 (hard to measure your own), wrist 7.0. When I began this journey, my waist was 44, hips 48, bust 44. And my thighs were 25. Strangely enough calf and ankle are the same. Have no idea what my upper arm was other than REALLY flabby. I work on my thighs and upper arms each day. Sometimes with weights and sometimes just standard exercises. Sometimes the recommended number of reps, sometimes just while watching the news on TV.

The moral of this tale is to learn acceptance. Acceptance of your body image as it is, and acceptance of the fact that you can work on it forever and you will never be perfect in your own eyes. You need to learn to be happy in your own skin. Not what you THINK you SHOULD look like, but what you DO look like. Look at the positives rather than the negatives. Make yourself a list of positives and negatives/pros and cons, if you will, about how you see yourself. If you find that your list contains more cons and negatives, then you know that you have more work to do with the mental side of this journey. Keep making that list until the positives constitute the majority if not all of your list. The physical side of this WOL is the easy part, in reality. The mental side is much much harder. But you can do this, you are a strong woman,

I do apologize for writing a novella,but I just got in the "zone" and kept on writing. It is almost 100 degrees outside now, so I am heading over to the treadmill for my daily miles and then perhaps a swim.

Love to all,

Jo
Old 08-05-2010, 11:44 AM   #75
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: YankeeMom27
Stats: 181/156.8/145
WOE: Medi WeightLoss
Start Date: restart 03/29/13
Hi! I just joined MWL last week and survived my first week. Lost 8.4lbs with 5.2lbs as fat! Unfortunately, the computer system was down when I went to my clinic, so they didn't give me the Week 2 sheet, so I just wanted to know how many calories am I allowed for Week 2? I know I have to keep my protein at 500 calories and I get to add 2 cups of veggies a day, but what's the max amount of Carbs/day and # of calories/day? Thanks!!
Old 08-05-2010, 11:57 AM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Yankee Mom from week 2 on, I was told to remain at 500 calories of protein, I was told to just eat 2 cups of veggies (or 1 fruit 1 veggie), but not to count those calories at all. And stay below 24 carbs. I hope that helps.

Lea sorry I am not much help on the body image. My upper body is small, arms neck, shoulders, and even upper tummy. BUT I have a lower belly pooch, "love handles" and my butt and thighs are still big. I can wear a size 6, but I can't wear shorts because my upper thighs still rub together. It's very frustarting. So I have started looking in the mirror and picking out the areas that I DO like, not the areas that I am frustarted by. I figure with exercise and for me another 15lbs, and hopefully I'll start to like those areas better, but for now I consentrate on what I do like and buy clothes that flatter those areas. But it is very frustrating.
Old 08-05-2010, 12:55 PM   #77
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnK
Stats: 5'2" 133/133/115
Start Date: 7/22/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeMom27 View Post
Hi! I just joined MWL last week and survived my first week. Lost 8.4lbs with 5.2lbs as fat! Unfortunately, the computer system was down when I went to my clinic, so they didn't give me the Week 2 sheet, so I just wanted to know how many calories am I allowed for Week 2? I know I have to keep my protein at 500 calories and I get to add 2 cups of veggies a day, but what's the max amount of Carbs/day and # of calories/day? Thanks!!
Hey YankeeMom ~ I'm on wk 3. My clinic told me to keep eating at least 500 calories protein, and to keep the carbs at below 40 per day. I'm permitted a fruit & 2 veggies (non starchy) a day, but I try to keep them down as much as I can stand. A few snacks are permitted a week. Of course, each person is different & you should really check with your clinic, where they know you and your individual program. You're doing GREAT already ~ keep up the good work!!!
Old 08-05-2010, 01:40 PM   #78
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dodgern
Stats: 236/150.6/140- now on maintenance
Start Date: 2/26/09
Picture

Hi all.....

Apparently the pic I tried to upload is too big for my avatar BUT if you click on my avatar,my picture will come up on the page!
This was taken in December 2009 at Universal in Orlando.
This is the best I can do for now.
I'll search for other pics (before UGH and after YEAH )

cindy
Old 08-05-2010, 01:41 PM   #79
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: YankeeMom27
Stats: 181/156.8/145
WOE: Medi WeightLoss
Start Date: restart 03/29/13
Thank you lins and AnnK for responding! That helps a lot!! So excited about this plan and this site- the tips and recipes really help!!!
Old 08-05-2010, 01:51 PM   #80
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lauried0872
Vegetable "measuring"

The NP at my clinic spent over 30 minutes trying to come up with a logical explanation as to how much one cup of lettuce would be, calculating grams, etc. She was unsuccessful. *By the time I left, I think she was even more confused by it.

Would I jam it tightly in the cup, or leave it loose? It drove me mad for well over a week!

I found the following list (provided by Orlando2002) somewhere on this board and I cannot begin to tell you how much I appreciate having this information written in this manner. I have it printed and tucked in the back of my journal!

Description calories for ONE oz -- Carb per oz (nets)

Artichoke Hearts 13 - 1.5
Asparagus 6 - 0.5
Bean (green, wax, Italian) 9 - 1
Broccoli 10 - 1
Brussels Sprouts 10 - 1
Cabbage 7 - 1
Cauliflower 7 - 1
Celery 4 - 0.5
Cucumber (with skin) 4 - 1
Eggplant 7 - 1
Green Onions or Scallions 9 - 1.5
Collard, Kale or Mustard greens 9 - 0.5
Leeks 17 - 3.5
Mushrooms 6 - 0.5
Okra (with skin) 9 - 1
Onions (white, vidalia, sweet) 12 - 2.5
Peppers (any variety) 6 - 1
Radishes 5 - 1
Salad Greens (lettuce, spinach, etc) 5 - 0.5
Snow Peas Pods 12 - 1.5
Summer Squash 5 - 0.5
Turnips 8 - 1
Water Chestnuts 28 - 6
Watercress 3 - 0.3
Zucchini 5 - 0.5

Tomatoes 5 - 1
Apples(with skin) 15 - 3
Blueberries 16 - 3
Cherries 18 - 4
Grapes 20 - 5
Grapefruit (without skin) 9 - 2
Orange (without skin) 13 - 3
Peach (with skin) 11 - 2.5
Raspberries 15 - 2
Strawberries 9 - 1.5

So thank you Orlando2002!!! You have reduced such a huge source of frustration for me!

My clinic (Chelmsford, MA) suggests 150-200 calories of vegetables a day, not to exceed 20g carbs.
Old 08-05-2010, 03:37 PM   #81
Senior LCF Member

Ever have one of those "at peace with yourself" moments?? That's the best way I can describe it. I had asked my mom to come over this afternoon to watch the girls so I could go out walking (as I can't stress how much I HATE walking at night on the treadmill - I get so bored, and definitely go easy, not pushing myself - it becomes a waste). So, she comes over minutes before a HUGE thunderstorm passes through...then it continues raining. The old Keri would have never even considered walking with a chance of rain....never mind actually leaving the house while it was raining. I did my usual 4 mile walk, in the rain, and by the time I got home you would've thought I went swimming fully-clothed. But - I did it. I didn't use an excuse not to go, and I easily could have. I was thinking this as I was ending my walk, and as I came up my road the sun was starting to break through...there in the distance you could see the faintest rainbow. It was just such a peaceful moment. I am committed to this new WOE and more importantly, a WOL. When I got back, I told the girls about the rainbow - they stripped off their shoes and together the 3 of us went outside to look for it (then they played in the puddles and lawn for a bit getting soaked). I can honestly say, today was a good day. And I owe so much to this board.....thank you all for making me see that this is a WOL, and for everyone being so honest about their journey.

Over 100lbs. GONE FOREVER
Thanks to MWL!
8 months to Wellness....5/11/10 - 1/11/11
Old 08-05-2010, 03:56 PM   #82
Senior LCF Member

Sounds wonderful Keri, I am a bit jealous....LOL My kids have driven me a bit up the wall today and it's lightening like crazy outside right now so I am probably going to miss my run, which means doing something inside, which I also hate. UGH! Maybe I'll go walk around walmart for a few hours...........
Old 08-05-2010, 05:59 PM   #83
Senior LCF Member

Ok Keri I owe you a big thank you for my motivation tonight. I usually run at 8 p.m. after the kids are in bed, but tonight it looked like it was going to rain so I had decided I would miss my run and just do something inside tonight. But after reading your post, and after my long frustrating mommy day, I decided to go ahead and try to get as much as I could in before the rain started. So I left the hosue at 7 p.m. and started running. I usually run 1 mile and then walk for a few minutes and run another mile for up to 4 miles of running. But tonight I wasn't sure how long I would have to run due to the rain so I decided not to stop and walk. I kept going and going and going, and ended up doing 4 miles non-stop in 56 minutes. I have NEVER run 4 miles non-stop before. I then walked another 2 miles as a "cool down". So i did 6 miles in 83 minutes. I feel GREAT!!!! I am really on top of the world right now. My running as kind of had me down lately because I haven't been able to increas my mileage due to rain and or heat, but tonight I stayed with the 4 miles just didn't stop.

So thank you Keri for inspiring me to get out and run tonight, even if that meant I might get rained on......which I didn't.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:29 PM   #84
Senior LCF Member

Lins - You are very welcome. What an accomplishment to do 6 miles in 83 minutes, that is amazing...let alone running 4 of them in a row! I will say that I am so jealous that you are able to run - hopefully you can be my inspiration and I can do it one day! (Is it bad that I want to be able to run because I feel like I can burn more calories/get in more exercise in a shorter amount of time???). I bet you have since forgotten about your frustrating mommy day too! Not a bad way to end a Thursday, huh?
Old 08-05-2010, 07:40 PM   #85
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
So nice to catch up with everyone's wonderful day today! I'm in KS City at my youngest daughter's and didn't expect to be on the computer, but she's in the shower right now. I too had a terrific day! She teaches at a YMCA and before her class we took a Zumba class together--how fun! Erin, I DO like it! I'm excited they'll be starting that in my area Y's in September! I've never completed an entire aerobics class in the past 20 years, but I did today! Has to do with the weight loss and the endurance I've built up with the jog/walk and biking I've been doing recently! I tried to stick with my daughter's class too, but I'm not strong enough for push ups and the step stuff. After 5 mins I went and got on a cycle machine...and met the nicest gal there, told her about our LCF MWL group and I hope she's going to join us! What a blessing! I believe things work out for a reason....so if you are reading this I'm so glad you are joining us, friend

Congratulations Keri and Lins....you are making some wonderful choices. I hope you'll remember to always take time for yourself to exercise. With crazy schedules with kids at home years ago it was easy to say it could wait...that I could wait...or that it didn't matter. But it did. And you matter too!

Lea, you are so beautiful, inside and out! Though we are blessed to find the answers to the unhealthy weight gain, the genetics of our body makes us store fat in areas we don't always choose. It's a lie to society for us to think we need to pattern ourselves after the models on magazine covers. I heard a lecture today in a seminar that back in many cultures a couple of hundred years ago or more, the skinny fatless model type people of that day would have been in danger of being ostricized or killed for being abnormal "freaks".....but today we idolize them. Put that into perspective....they really only make up less than 2% of what most people look like.

Probably will be away from the computer for the next several days. Just couldn't wait to tell you about Zumba!
Old 08-06-2010, 06:36 AM   #86
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
Zumbaaaaaa! I'll bet you were rockin out! It's hard at first but I think after a few classes, you start to get it.

My friend and I have so much fun being silly. If the steps get hard, we just start "free stylin".
Old 08-06-2010, 07:24 AM   #87
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: txntv
Stats: 5'5" 169.5/131/140
Start Date: March 25, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauried0872 View Post
Vegetable "measuring"

The NP at my clinic spent over 30 minutes trying to come up with a logical explanation as to how much one cup of lettuce would be, calculating grams, etc. She was unsuccessful. *By the time I left, I think she was even more confused by it.

Would I jam it tightly in the cup, or leave it loose? It drove me mad for well over a week!

I found the following list (provided by Orlando2002) somewhere on this board and I cannot begin to tell you how much I appreciate having this information written in this manner. I have it printed and tucked in the back of my journal!

Description calories for ONE oz -- Carb per oz (nets)

Artichoke Hearts 13 - 1.5
Asparagus 6 - 0.5
Bean (green, wax, Italian) 9 - 1
Broccoli 10 - 1
Brussels Sprouts 10 - 1
Cabbage 7 - 1
Cauliflower 7 - 1
Celery 4 - 0.5
Cucumber (with skin) 4 - 1
Eggplant 7 - 1
Green Onions or Scallions 9 - 1.5
Collard, Kale or Mustard greens 9 - 0.5
Leeks 17 - 3.5
Mushrooms 6 - 0.5
Okra (with skin) 9 - 1
Onions (white, vidalia, sweet) 12 - 2.5
Peppers (any variety) 6 - 1
Radishes 5 - 1
Salad Greens (lettuce, spinach, etc) 5 - 0.5
Snow Peas Pods 12 - 1.5
Summer Squash 5 - 0.5
Turnips 8 - 1
Water Chestnuts 28 - 6
Watercress 3 - 0.3
Zucchini 5 - 0.5

Tomatoes 5 - 1
Apples(with skin) 15 - 3
Blueberries 16 - 3
Cherries 18 - 4
Grapes 20 - 5
Grapefruit (without skin) 9 - 2
Orange (without skin) 13 - 3
Peach (with skin) 11 - 2.5
Raspberries 15 - 2
Strawberries 9 - 1.5

So thank you Orlando2002!!! You have reduced such a huge source of frustration for me!

My clinic (Chelmsford, MA) suggests 150-200 calories of vegetables a day, not to exceed 20g carbs.
Still confused... so for spinach / lettuce, you weigh it and 1oz is a serving? Always wondered about the jammed / loose thing, and gave up.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:34 AM   #88
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SonoRoo
Stats: 5'1" ~ 187.6/162/115
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: May 20, 2010
Ok, so things are starting to settle down somewhat which is why I have the ability to be here for a few minutes. I only lost 0.8 lbs total this week with the downside being that my TBW is up 4.4 lbs. I am stressed and severly swollen even with drinking my full 120 oz. The upside to that is that my body fat is down 6.9 lbs. That brings me to one of the internal goals that I had set for myself. To me, one of the benchmarks of this WOE was the different BMI categories. Yesterday I made it to 29.9 BMI which means I am no longer considered OBESE, I am now only OVERWEIGHT! Sounds midly better but I don't care! I am so ecstatic not to have the word OBESE attached to me any longer!!!

On a funny note, I had a student sonographer and I had completed an exam on a very large girl. The exam was difficult and the pictures were less than ideal. So we have to let the radiologist know why whwn submitting our technical impressions. So I had the student writing up the exam and I tell her to write "difficult visualization due to pt body habitus, pt is morbidly obese". So she writes it down and I look over the tech sheet and she wrote "difficult visualization due to pt body habitus, pt is morbidly obeast". I just about died laughing. It's not really funny when you are overweight, but it was funny to me at the time. So I am excited that I am no longer offcially OBEAST.

Do Over Mini Goal: at or below 160 before May
Old 08-06-2010, 08:43 AM   #89
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sally1
Stats: 254/207/175
WOE: medi
Start Date: June 2
Hello!

Hi Everyone,

I have not been writing but reading daily. I'm so happy for the sucess this program has brought to so many of us.

Just an update on my status. 8 weeks and 34lbs gone I have started exercising almost daily, zumba, latin dance, what ever keeps me going. Thanks to all who post daily. You are not only helping yourself but me too!

I will try to post more in the future.

Sally
Old 08-06-2010, 12:02 PM   #90
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Redi4Medi
Stats: 213.6/200.6/160
Start Date: 07/14/2010
Happy Friday Everyone!

I too read daily but rarely get the opportunity to post.

Today was my week #3 weigh in. I lost 2 lbs for a total of 13 lbs in 21 days. Go me! The best news is that I lost 4 lbs of fat this week. Bye-bye fat! Hello svelt!

Mary, you and your family will be held in my prayers.

Next week's goal -- ONE-DERLAND! I was a stinking .6 away.

~Kathy
Closed Thread