Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2010, 03:00 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dodgern
Stats: 236/150.6/140- now on maintenance
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 2/26/09
Hi Keri-

A little reminder that you have 2 princesses....means your body has a little different reaction to weightloss due to pregnancies.
Another 10lbs or so may make a HUGE difference in your body shape or maybe not

You have done so well and will continue to do so...by reading your posts,I can tell you're determined.

Changes in exercise-such as doing more cardio,weights and core work will definitely help you shape your body.I lost more inches by lifting light weights standing on 1 foot.It works your balance which works your core!!!

After all the abuse I put my body through, I will never look good nekked But my hubby loves me anyways!!! :blush:

cindy

Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2010, 03:07 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Mary

I am so sorry to hear that. Ovarian cancer is awful (I'm an RN and used to work gyn/oncology many years ago)
Just remember to take care of you as well as her-sounds like her family isn't going to be too helpful
Tell her we're praying for her and her family (which includes you and yours).

God Bless

cindy
Old 08-02-2010, 04:56 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: txntv
Stats: 5'5" 169.5/131/140
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: March 25, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
You should check out the Couch to 5K program, it will get you up to running a 5K at a pace that pushes you each day but doesn't push you too much. Many people who start running push themselves too hard and end up quiting.

Couch to 5k - C25K Running Program
Been doing a similar program and am stuck at 5 mins of running. I did 8 but then I couldn't do 5 again. I can easily get over 4 miles in a session, but can't run for periods of time. Grrr...
Old 08-02-2010, 05:08 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnK
Stats: 5'2" 133/133/115
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 7/22/14
Mary ~ My prayers are with you and your family. I'm so sorry you all are going through this.
Old 08-02-2010, 05:38 PM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Mary,

I am so sorry to hear your bad news. As previously posted you will be a better support to your daughter-in-law if you take care of yourself first. I will keep you, your family and your daughter-in-law in my prayers. God bless!
Old 08-02-2010, 05:38 PM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tydreamer
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 2/10/10
Mary, I'm so sorry to read your post. Love and prayers to you and yours. Stay strong.
Old 08-02-2010, 06:10 PM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Rochelle91214
Stats: 207/176/150
Start Date: October 23, 2009-Restarted on July 7, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
You should check out the Couch to 5K program, it will get you up to running a 5K at a pace that pushes you each day but doesn't push you too much. Many people who start running push themselves too hard and end up quiting.

Couch to 5k - C25K Running Program

Just an FYI.. there is an app on the iPhone for the C25K program. It plays music from your iTunes and beeps when it's time to walk/run. It keeps track of each day you complete on the program. If it's on the iphone, they may have it for the Blackberry too!
Old 08-02-2010, 06:11 PM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Rochelle91214
Stats: 207/176/150
Start Date: October 23, 2009-Restarted on July 7, 2010
Mary... I am so sorry to hear your bad news. Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers! Stay strong.
Old 08-02-2010, 06:24 PM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: txntv
Stats: 5'5" 169.5/131/140
Start Date: March 25, 2010
Mary -- adding my prayers.
Old 08-02-2010, 06:30 PM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Mary -

Adding my prayers too - I'll be sure to keep your family in my thoughts. I couldn't imagine the emotional roller coaster you all must be on, take care of yourself so that you can help take care of them.
Old 08-02-2010, 06:33 PM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgern View Post
Hi Keri-

Changes in exercise-such as doing more cardio,weights and core work will definitely help you shape your body.I lost more inches by lifting light weights standing on 1 foot.It works your balance which works your core!!!

After all the abuse I put my body through, I will never look good nekked But my hubby loves me anyways!!! :blush:

cindy
Cindy - thanks! I definitely think its time to change up my exercise routine - I've been walking about 4 miles/6 days per week. I try to add in jogging intervals, but it doesn't always happen. Thinking about going to check out some local gyms to add in a weight-lifting program. I would love to do a pilates class too - I used to love that. I hear ya on never looking good naked...not unless there are some nip/tucks/lifts done along the way!!!
Old 08-02-2010, 07:16 PM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Nance7
Stats: 5'3" 165/125/135 Restart 7/9/12 at 142
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 5/31/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary T8M View Post
Having a rough few days, we just found out that our 29 year old daughter-in-law has a very aggressive form of ovarian cancer! She and our son have a new baby only 4 months old. We are about 3.5 hrs away from them, but I will be traveling to Jacksonville frequently I'm sure. Her family isn't very supportive.....they didn't even go to the hospital when she had surgery!
I'm still having trouble being very interested in program friendly food, but this makes it even worse!
Oh, my goodness, Mary. How awful. I am so sorry. Thank God she has you and your husband. Sending prayers and positive thoughts your way. and
Old 08-02-2010, 09:40 PM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Mary - I feel for your son. Wow, all the emotions of having to be provider, having a new baby just 4 months old (and do they have other children also?) and then to have his wife be in jeopardy in this vital time in their lives. I'm thankful that you are there for her (and them) and near enough to make the trip frequently. Praying that God gives you strength and discernment. We're here....
Old 08-03-2010, 04:46 AM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ortal
Stats: 184/138/120 5'5"
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 4/26/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochelle91214 View Post
Just an FYI.. there is an app on the iPhone for the C25K program. It plays music from your iTunes and beeps when it's time to walk/run. It keeps track of each day you complete on the program. If it's on the iphone, they may have it for the Blackberry too!
I have this on my iphone! Only thing is its really more for running outside not on the treadmill. I tried on the treadmill and adjusting the speed every few minutes was really annoying. I like the treadmill more only because I feel it is more controlled. Left to my own devices I dont think Ill work so hard.

I signed up for a 5K October 3rd I did an hour of cardio yesterday, 30 intense on the elliptical and 30 at 4.0 on the treadmill. Im still sore from the trainer but its dulling a little. More upper body work tonight.

The scale however... I am eating about 800 cals a day, burning a conservative 300-400 cals in my workouts, and the scale is registering gains. Im considering the fact that I may be retaining water, because i KNOW its not a calorie issue, but its frustrating. I know when I did weight watchers, if i didn't work out the day before my weigh in I would loose more. Why is that? I don't want to play those scale games this time around and time my workouts around weigh ins, but its tough when you pay 70$ a week, you want to see results.

Mini Goal - 130 by 10/30
Ultimate Goal - 120 by the end of the year.
Old 08-03-2010, 05:29 AM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
Start Date: 1/12/14
Keri- The TOM was me a few weeks ago. It is very frustarting that one day you feel great and have no cravings, and then the next day you crave everything and top of that feel icky. It's soooo hard! My clinic did give me permission to take a water pill on the days that I have TOM which helps with the bloating, but the did say to ONLY take it the few days that AF was here. So you may ask about that. Other than that I can't help much. It just sucks!

Mary, I will say a prayer for your daughter-n-law
Old 08-03-2010, 08:17 AM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dragonfire
Stats: 5'5"/260/226/135
Start Date: 04/07/2010 Restart 01/08/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2princesses View Post
Forgot I had a question for everyone too!

I have lost almost 50 lbs...yet, only have gone 2 sizes. I started at a 22 (ugh!) and now wear 18's (as of only a few days ago). I know lots of people on here have lost right around the total lbs that I've lost, yet have gone down 4 or 5 sizes. (And up front - I know its bad to compare myself to others...but I think its just part of my nature!). My goal was to weigh around 160-170, which I thought would put me in a 10 (I have NEVER been smaller than an 8 - and that was at a really unhealthy time for me...basically starvation and addiction to exercise kept me there). But at this rate, if almost 50 lbs got me 2 sizes down....it doesn't make sense! Maybe this question is more for those who have lost 90-100 lbs....does the sizing go down faster once majority of weight is lost? Or is my goal of a size 10 just out the window??? Would love to hear other experiences!
Hey Keri,

I know what mean. I think the difference may be body type/frame and muscle mass. Everyone says muscles weighs more than fat. Personally I disagree. 1lb is 1lb but 1lb of muscle takes up less space than 1 lb fat. I don't think your size 10 goal is out of whack. From reading the forum, it appears the smaller dress sizes fluctuate more with less lbs lost.

Do your best to not compare (I am so guilty of this as well). Your stats are amazing (and better than mine I'm ashamed to admit). Keep trucking!

Old 08-03-2010, 09:47 AM   #47
Senior LCF Member

I was right - TOM is an evil thing!!! Lost 1.7 lbs this week, but the scale showed I was up 2.2 in water from last week! (I knew those shorts felt tight!). On the plus side - only 1.9 lbs to go by my mini-goal this coming Monday! (And because I'm neurotic, I usually always weigh-in on Tuesdays..but because I NEED to know if I meet my goal, I scheduled it for Monday. I know, I have issues!).

I asked about my negative ketosis for almost a week now - they weren't really concerned, said I could try to do 3 days of all protein...or try getting new ketosis sticks...or just go with it. Not quite sure what to do, I'm thinking a few days of protein could only help things along anywyas!

And I'm wondering if its just coincidence or not - but the 2 weeks where I skipped the 2nd shot for the week, were my 2 lowest weight losses (1.9 lbs and 1.7 lbs). Of course the clinics recommendation was to make sure I'm getting both shots twice a week!

Over 100lbs. GONE FOREVER
Thanks to MWL!
8 months to Wellness....5/11/10 - 1/11/11
Old 08-03-2010, 10:20 AM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
~Mary~Sending prayers and positive white healing light to your family at this difficult time.

Jo
Old 08-03-2010, 10:58 AM   #49
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: KadyC
Stats: 215/184/130
WOE: medi
Start Date: May 28
Keri, thanks so much for posting that last comment. Since the beginning I have received both shots twice a week. But, I've always wondered if they actually do anything. I asked the nurse last week and she said that she found when taking both shots twice, she didn't have as much water gain. It seemed to help flush her system... and, i just never know if they are just trying to sell me something or if it's the truth.

So, after reading your comment, I'll keep on with both shots until I can't afford it! Thanks!!
Old 08-03-2010, 11:32 AM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnK
Stats: 5'2" 133/133/115
Start Date: 7/22/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by KadyC View Post
Keri, thanks so much for posting that last comment. Since the beginning I have received both shots twice a week. But, I've always wondered if they actually do anything. I asked the nurse last week and she said that she found when taking both shots twice, she didn't have as much water gain. It seemed to help flush her system... and, i just never know if they are just trying to sell me something or if it's the truth.

So, after reading your comment, I'll keep on with both shots until I can't afford it! Thanks!!
Wow ~ I hadn't heard that (or missed it if the NP told me), and I was planning to go without the 2nd shots this week, just to see how I felt. Now I think I'll keep them up, too. Thanks, Kady & Keri!!
Old 08-03-2010, 11:32 AM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
Mary, wanted to send prayers your way from Fort Worth as well. Big giant hugs to you and your family.

Wanted to share this with you all in today's newspaper.

Low-carb diet boosts good cholesterol
Old 08-03-2010, 11:52 AM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Many, Many thanks to all you! I'm feeling better today! This board is a GREAT support, and I can't begin to tell you what that means to me!
We had kind of a family conference call, and reassured my son, and his wife (they have 2 kids, a 10 yr old, and this new baby) that we have hit hard times, and have always stuck together, and thrived, and that this will be no different! We WILL do whatever is needed! Our daughter also lives in Jacksonville, and she too will take part in this and be a great support to them. I am an RN (retiring, not working now) so know how to flush the port she will be getting, but my son and daughter will also learn how to flush it so Courtney will not have to go back to the Dr's every week for the flush when the port is not being used. It's a little thing, but having to go EVERY week for something like that starts to wear on a person.
I made the mix for frying and baking I got off of the recipe board, and used it on thin pork chops last night, and it was REALLY good......It kind of got me out of my "funk" about food.
Right now I have chicken breasts (frozen, NOT thawed, skinless, boneless) in the crockpot with salsa cooking. It smells wonderful, and I'm actually looking forward to dinner tonight! I used to make this but added 2 cans of black beans to cook with it. I will top it with FF sour cream.
We changed up our walk today and instead of walking on the road by our house we walked up and over the bridge going out to Hutchinson Island! What a view!

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford
Old 08-03-2010, 11:57 AM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:

The two MIC shots (the pink ones) come FREE at my center. BUT we take second one (and sometimes both) home with us, and give them to ourselves instead of going back to the center. That might work for you if it's difficult to get back to the center. I'm sure the nurse will teach you how to inject them into your thigh if you ask. We live about an hr away so there is no way we could/would go back for the second one.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:29 PM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Mary - What a blessing that your daughter too is in Jacksonville to help her brother and his family. And, with all those "professional nursing" eyes it will be great for ensuring your daughter-in-law receives the best PICC or portacath care, and that she understands all the terminology/procedures coming up. Proverbs 3:21-26
Old 08-03-2010, 12:50 PM   #55
Senior LCF Member

oh i am ALL warm and fuzzy inside. I just had a male coworker come over and I was like, how can I help you, and he just wanted to tell me that I inspired him and hes been trying to lose weight too Ive casually talked to him before but it was nice that he came to me with this. Hes doing it his own way (portion control) and lost 9 lbs in three weeks. My dad also told me that I inspired him and that hes going to join Medi when he gets back from his one month trip to Europe in September, and someone here at work joined my clinic Im very happy little ol' me could help people!
Old 08-03-2010, 01:18 PM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Charlene4
Stats: 154.5/135/135
WOE: vegan/vegetarian
Start Date: June 7,2010
Quote:

They give the pink one twice a week at no cost at my clinic but I was told that I could only get the clear one (the one that's an extra ten dollars) once a week. I am hit or miss about getting the pink one twice because of my work hours. I have retained a lot more water the past couple weeks though and I DID NOT get the shot two times those weeks. I went and got my "extra" one today so hopefully that will help. I was just thinking about that today too, before I read this and wondering if anyone had any unpleasant effects from not getting the mid week shot.

maintenance
Old 08-03-2010, 01:42 PM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

So glad it's not just me! I went and re-checked all of my little "tickets" that the scale prints out (I've kept all of them) to see if it was water gain when I skipped the shot. The 2 weeks I lost under 2 lbs....both had increases in water weight. So, maybe that is the point of the 2nd shot - to help with water retention??? (And I know this week was also my TOM, but that hasn't affected any of my other weigh-ins).

At my clinic, you can get one of the injections 2x/week for free...the other one costs an extra $15. So when I do both extra shots + $70 weekly fee - that's $100 week. And with the extra cost, plus it being summer and 2 little kids and DH away every Mon-Fri....the hassle of the extra shot just is a pain sometimes. However, if I'm spending at least $85 a week...I WANT to lose at least 2 lbs a week! For the next few weeks I'm going to go back to doing both shots 2x/week and see what my results look like.

For those on maintenance (or close to it) - do you stop the injections? Did you notice any difference with or without them?
Old 08-03-2010, 02:04 PM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Hi Ortal.......

Just a thought for you.......muscle weighs more than fat.
With all the exercise you're getting,you're probably gaining muscle.
That's wonderful thing

That may be why you're numbers aren't going down!!!!!

cindy
Old 08-03-2010, 02:22 PM   #59
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
Start Date: 1/12/14
I've never gone in for my second shot. I live 40 minutes from my clinic, and with 3 kids it just hasn't ever happened. I've still had good losses, but I have nothing to compare it to.
Old 08-03-2010, 02:33 PM   #60
Senior LCF Member

I have only had my second shot once. My clinic isn't open weekends , and my appointment is on Wednesday night. Since they are supposed to be three days apart, there's no time I can go during the week. My mom is a nurse and could give me the injections if they'd give them to me
Closed Thread