Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2010, 09:33 PM   #391
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Whoo Hoo Keri! I'm so proud of you!! You have lost amazingly in 3 1/2 months!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2010, 09:36 PM   #392
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Jerry!! Yep, I'm already registered for the Race for the Cure Wichita. Stay in touch and we'll all meet up!
Old 08-31-2010, 03:05 AM   #393
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: momofjel
Stats: 230/182/160 and 5'7"
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: July 6, 2010
I heard something interesting yesterday. According to NBC's morning show, according to Woman's Day magazine (I think), women need 100 to 300 additional calories a day during the two days before TOM. This is why we go around looking for food to eat. Knowing this won't stop my problem, but somehow it helps me to know it.
Old 08-31-2010, 04:20 AM   #394
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2princesses View Post
I very happily said Good-bye to the 200's today!!! Weighed in today and have now lost 62.1 lbs, I was so happy. I actually was quite nervous about going to my appt today after being away for the past 4 days. We went up to NH and did StoryLand with the girls. I was able to eat my yogurt for breakfast each day, but lunch & dinner were out to eat meals every day. I knew my choices were good, but was so scared about what my portion sizes had been. Plus, I didn't get to exercise 2 days (unless you count chasing 2 kids around all day long outside!). But - I did great....it was so empowering to know that I could go away and stay on track! (And I didn't even cheat when we took the girls out to ice cream at night, or to the cider mill for cider doughnuts, or to a "cupcakery"...yup, a bakery filled with all kinds of cupcakes! I was so determined!).

I did get quite the lecture about my eating almonds on a daily basis this past week (I've been chopping up 1/2 oz to add to my yogurt for breakfast - its about 6 or 7 almonds just to add a "crunch" and it makes it so much more appetizing!). I was told I am "sabotaging" my weight loss. Hmm...4.3 lbs lost this week, sabotage????
Keri, great job! You have lost a lot in 3 and 1/2 months. I thought my results were pretty amazing in terms of speed and amount but I think yours are even better. I have no doubt that you will get to your goal in no time
And don't listen to lectures, listen to your body - if adding those few almonds help with your cravings or whatever and you are losing fat then it is OK for you. I sometimes used olive oil and almonds (allowed amounts) on the same day. Granted, I exercised a lot, but was losing fat and that what counts.

"Nothing tastes better than thin feels"
-------------------
Was in wellness!
Restart on 04/05/11 to lose 15 gained lb
253/148/140
Old 08-31-2010, 05:18 AM   #395
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
Way to go Debbie!!! Congrat's on getting size 8's, doesn't it feel amazing?

I am trying to figure out what I want to do. I haven't lost any weight in the last week, and honestly it's because I haven't been trying. I am eatting the approved foods just more of them. I'm not in ketosis and can't find the willpower to go to only protein to get back in. I am happy eatting how I am eatting, but at the same time I still want to lose another 7-10 pounds. Ugh I just don't know what I want to do. I am thinking about going into the transistion phase on Friday at my weigh-in and see what happens. If loose a few more pounds great, if not I think I might be okay with that too, at least for now.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:01 AM   #396
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nsjx
Stats: 203.5/159/159 - maintenance
WOE: medi
Start Date: April 17, 2010
Congrats Debbie!! Must feel real good to reach goal.
I am now at 159, size 6 and just amazed. Getting ready to transition and since I did this on my own I am just learning about the transition phase by reading the boards. I have up my calories the last couple weeks which somehow increased my loss. Anyone ever had that happened? I do alot of weight lifting so that may be it because I see alot of muscles now that the fat is gone.
Medi works that's for sure. Congrats to everyone!!!
Old 08-31-2010, 06:50 AM   #397
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Thank You Debbie & Irina! And Congrats to you too Debbie - you have worked so hard, woo-hoo! And you're right - shopping has gotten more and more fun with each pound I lose....I really wish we had nice Goodwill stores around here, not the case though!

Lins - maybe you are ready for transition? You sound like Lea did before she made the move over (and Erin too, if I remember correctly)...you seem to mention struggling most days on keeping with the calories, maybe to lose those last few pounds your body might need more fuel? Especially with all the running you do?

Nsjx - can I ask how tall you are? I'm hoping to get to 155-160, and I'm thinking that'll be a size 10. Just curious!

Over 100lbs. GONE FOREVER
Thanks to MWL!
8 months to Wellness....5/11/10 - 1/11/11
Old 08-31-2010, 07:17 AM   #398
Junior LCF Member

Stats: 208/198/197/193
Start Date: 6.25.2010
You guys are so inspirational:
Can you Please post a weightloss daily menu of what kept you going through your weightloss to help others that are really having a hard time? I think it might help.. Thanks
Old 08-31-2010, 07:35 AM   #399
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ortal
Stats: 184/138/120 5'5"
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 4/26/2010
checking in... hope everyone is doing well I havent posted in a while because work has been so busy and Ive been leaving my computer at work (dont want to look at it at the end of the day!)

I look forward to reading everyones post and catching up. I hope everyones doing well on their journey. Debbie - ill be going to the post office tomorrow for ya. I didnt forget and Im sorry it took so long.

My MBA classes start today and my itty bitty baby starts first grade tomorrow. I cannot believe it! Im still working with my trainer to get these troublesome last 10 lbs off. I am constantly sore but it is a good kind of sore. I like knowing that I am getting stronger and fitter even if I am not getting thinner. I have been hovering at 140 for a while. However I was away all last week and I didnt gain any weight despite eating out almost every meal and having a few drinks. Livestrongs Calorie counter app on my phone was a life saver. I did about 1K-1200 calories a day while away and we walked everywhere.

Heres a couple of trip pictures... I was sending them to my mom from the phone hence the poor quality. Havent taken the good ones off the camera yet. Thats my daughter after her haircut, me in my new dress Igot in boston, and a REALLY large drink that I took a few sips on next to my diet coke

and that dress is a size 6 there was much shopping to be had on this trip

Take care all!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pic.jpg (22.4 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Haircut.jpg (27.6 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg diet.jpg (33.2 KB, 2 views)

Mini Goal - 130 by 10/30
Ultimate Goal - 120 by the end of the year.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:09 AM   #400
Senior LCF Member

Those of you who still journal your food - do you still use the medi ones? I've just about filled up 3, and I want some other alternative! Thinking perhaps an app for my blackberry? Anyone recommend a good one? What are you all using? Thanks!

I'm the type who NEEDS to write down every single thing I eat -and can see myself doing this well into maintenance - so I'm looking for a long-lasting method.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:12 AM   #401
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ortal
Stats: 184/138/120 5'5"
Start Date: 4/26/2010
Quote:
Those of you who still journal your food - do you still use the medi ones? I've just about filled up 3, and I want some other alternative! Thinking perhaps an app for my blackberry? Anyone recommend a good one? What are you all using? Thanks!

I'm the type who NEEDS to write down every single thing I eat -and can see myself doing this well into maintenance - so I'm looking for a long-lasting method.
i use livestrongs free webite and the 3$ app on my iphone. they sync together. i got 2 journals in .... and stopped. this is more convenient, more accurate, and i dont need to pull it out at a restaurant. people just thibnk i am playing with my phone.

I will always need to journal. I feel out of control when I dont.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:11 AM   #402
Senior LCF Member

I used 3 medi journals and then just switched to a regular notebook. I tried putting it on my blackberry. I have the livestrong app on there but I am more of a pencil paper kind of girl (which is strange because I can't live without my blackberry in other areas). But I still keep track of every bite that goes into my mouth, I just write it down on plain paper.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:23 AM   #403
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:

Since my center charges $6.00 for a new journal, I switched to a plain notebook (as did my DH) and we absolutely write everything down. I love my Iphone so I may check into that site and app
Old 08-31-2010, 11:10 AM   #404
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nsjx
Stats: 203.5/159/159 - maintenance
WOE: medi
Start Date: April 17, 2010
Quote:

Nsjx - can I ask how tall you are? I'm hoping to get to 155-160, and I'm thinking that'll be a size 10. Just curious!
I am 5' 6 3/4 inches. Isn't it amazing how body types are different? Same height. I also think the weight training helps build muscles which takes up less space and you loose lots of inches. My collar bone is showing so I am at that point where I am good with the weight.

Last edited by nsjx; 08-31-2010 at 11:14 AM..
Old 08-31-2010, 12:50 PM   #405
Senior LCF Member

Thanks everyone for the input! I think I'm going to check into the livestrong app, but if not just good ol' notebook paper! I am addicted to my blackberry and it would be nice to write down what I'm eating as I'm eating when I'm not at home (without carrying a journal with me). Since my phone is ALWAYS with me, it might be the route to go. I think it might take me a little bit to get used to something other than the medi journal, but I'm tired of paying for them!

nsjx - wow, it is strange how the same height/weight can be so different on people. My goal is to join a gym soon to add in some weight training (once my oldest starts school this week it will be easier to fit in gym time!) so hopefully that will help "tone" up some areas!
Old 08-31-2010, 12:56 PM   #406
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: losing in Ftm
Stats: restart Apr 2012
Start Date: 5/5/10
I love the livestrong wedsite also and use it all the time. I have a blackberry too and have thought about buying the app. but haven't yet, the reviews made me think it isnt so easy to use. My clinic gives the journals out free so I just transfer everything to them the day before weigh in so they can see what I'm doing. I'm like you I know I'm going to have to track everything I eat forever or I'm afraid I'll be back to 224 again.
Old 08-31-2010, 01:25 PM   #407
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
Quote:
Thanks everyone for the input! I think I'm going to check into the livestrong app, but if not just good ol' notebook paper! I am addicted to my blackberry and it would be nice to write down what I'm eating as I'm eating when I'm not at home (without carrying a journal with me). Since my phone is ALWAYS with me, it might be the route to go. I think it might take me a little bit to get used to something other than the medi journal, but I'm tired of paying for them!

nsjx - wow, it is strange how the same height/weight can be so different on people. My goal is to join a gym soon to add in some weight training (once my oldest starts school this week it will be easier to fit in gym time!) so hopefully that will help "tone" up some areas!
Keri, I journaled in medi book for 2 months and then stopped (did not want to spend $6) and thought I will use one of those free websites. I find that I cannot do it consistently since my laptop is not always with me so I have not journaled at all but was counting calories/crbs in my mind (better than nothing). I still lost a lot but wish I journaled so I can now go back and see what worked what did not. I think you should definetely go for Blackberry solution. I wish I had one
Old 08-31-2010, 05:20 PM   #408
Senior LCF Member

I just carry a small notebook with me and it fits into my purse. That way it's always with me. However I do 95% of my meal planning ahead of time. And if I go anywhere I almost always pack my lunch. So I don't have to take the journal with me because I just write in it before I leave the house and don't eat anything other than what I take with me. I also always take prepackaged single servings of beef jerky and 100 calore packs of almonds in my car and my purse so I always have Medi approved foods with me no matter where I go, or what ends up happening in my day. I have used them many many times.

I ran 4 miles without stopping again tonight and my legs feel like jello. I really hope I see a change at my appointment on Friday. Either way I am going to talk to them about moving in to transition.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:55 PM   #409
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Nance7
Stats: 5'3" 165/125/135 Restart 7/9/12 at 142
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 5/31/2010
Just had to come on and congratulate everyone on their amazing successes!! I haven't posted for a week or so (working overtime, getting ready for vacation, working on h.s. reunion, etc.), but I've been checking in. Debbie, Keri, Charlene, Lins, Ortal and oh, I know I'm leaving out somebody, you all are just amazing! I am so happy for everyone who is getting into 8s and 6s and 4s and reaching goals, etc. I seem to have met my goal, although my clinic says I am .9 away from it. Hey, close enough! They don't even mention transition, probably because I'm going to the beach for a week, and they figure I'll gain. (AnnK, we're coming almost down to SC, although I don't know where you are. We'll be at a beach in NC, just a few miles above N. Myrtle Beach.)

Went out for a celebration dinner tonight and had (are you ready?) small piece of grilled salmon, small salad, and my big indulgence, honey mustard dressing on the side! The others (DH and DD) had rolls, butter, steaks, potatoes, beer and then went for ice cream. Anyway, I was pretty thrilled with my dinner, probably because I didn't have to cook it!

Just had to post b4 August is over. You all are awesome, and the support here is amazing. I simply cannot believe that I have lost 30 lbs. in 14 weeks! It seems like a miracle.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:24 PM   #410
Senior LCF Member

Interesting medical info that will encourage you

Today, I had a PET scan. I have had melanoma (10 surgeries on my face, lost half of my nose and had it reconstructed from a portion of my forehead, 11/07-03/09, all from a tiny CLEAR thing on the side of my nose....), and it was time to re-do the PET scan. Here's the interesting part (and I'm sure that all of the nurses and medical professionals on here can amplify/clarify): the radioactive substance that they inject into your veins is attached to GLUCOSE, because glucose seeks out cancer cells and can help the scan detect where cancer cells might be. If that's not enough to keep us away from sugar, I don't know what is.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:27 PM   #411
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarMommyCupcake View Post
You guys are so inspirational:
Can you Please post a weightloss daily menu of what kept you going through your weightloss to help others that are really having a hard time? I think it might help.. Thanks
SugarMommyCupcake: Check out the "Energy In/Energy Out" thread. You will see what many people eat on a daily basis, and it is really helpful. Good luck.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:49 PM   #412
Senior LCF Member

Ok, so I just spent about the last hour researching and looking at apps for my phone - have decided that I'm going with regular notebook paper! I didn't like the Livestrong website and the others I checked out didn't seem "easy" enough. Oh well!

Now, my question to those not using medi journals - do you still journal your water? your supplements? ketosis? I know I take my supplements every day, I get at least 100 oz water/day....do I need to track that? It seems to me that what I need to track is my food & exercise (basically, like the energy in/energy out thread).
Old 08-31-2010, 10:22 PM   #413
Major LCF Poster!

Keri and all...you are welcome to join the Energy In/Energy Out thread!

Thank you friends for all the kudos! It truly would not have been possible without the support and accountability of this group!

Ortal - Wow, thank you.

Nancy - That info about Cancer cells being attracted to glucose, is interesting. That is not my specialty. If you think about it, cancer cells rapidly multiply and that takes energy; and the source of energy is glucose which can be broken down from other sources, particularly from carbohydrates and fats, including our body fat. That's why it's often of concern when medical personnel learn that a patient with suspicious symptoms also reports a weight loss. That is what had added to my recent biopsy scare despite me telling my breast CA doc on a recheck, that I had PAID a clinic and worked very hard to lose my weight over the past 8 months -- I really knew/hoped it wasn't cancer and the biopsies were negative! I totally agree with you, makes me very very thankful that my health is better due to MWL. My HgA1C had gotten as high as 5.9 in December, and just a few wks ago after much of this weight loss it is down to 4.7! So I went from a very strong risk for diabetes/actually having prediabetes/insulin resistance, to a controlled risk due to weight loss, exercise and medication (Metformin).

Last edited by Fit2010; 08-31-2010 at 10:28 PM..
Old 08-31-2010, 10:23 PM   #414
Major LCF Poster!

Jo - my weight loss total for August was 6.6 lbs

Thanks,
Debbie

(And I really enjoyed your photo!)
Old 09-01-2010, 04:18 AM   #415
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
Come on over to the new September thread! I will be asking our moderators to lock this one shortly. See you in September!

*.*Super Spectacular September with MWL*.*
Old 09-01-2010, 04:39 AM   #416
Senior LCF Member

Keri- I just track food, and on days I notice I have a hard time getting my water then I just use tally marks to check my water intake. I don't mark anything for my pills because I never forget those, and I don't check for ketosis anymore since I hit my goal weight. So I prett much just track my food intake.
Closed Thread