Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2010, 07:32 AM   #361
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: suzanna1
Stats: 215/171/149 5'8" 38 years old
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinagain@30 View Post
I have been sick and I was weight at my PCPs office this afternoon! 217!!!! I can't believe I have lost 16 pounds so far! Official weigh in is not until Monday! My motivation is I have a picture of myself in a bathing suit at the beach w/my son and I am disgusted with how I look/ed. Had an amazing egg mug for dinner!

Carol
Carol ~ I think we are confused by the 217 in the post above and the 120 in your stats. I am sure one of them is a typo Either way, you are doing great!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2010, 07:55 AM   #362
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Charlene4
Stats: 154.5/135/135
WOE: vegan/vegetarian
Start Date: June 7,2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
Lins - Whoo Hoo!! It's amazing how much better we feel and how clothes fit better without all the "body insulation" as I call it! We have been melting FAT. This is the program that works.

Charlene - Congratulations!! I agree with Irina, you do sound like you are "in charge" of your eating choices. It's such a different feeling to be able to say no to the POISON that wants to kill our confidence/our health/our self-image!

I go for my weigh in at MWL on Monday and I think I'll be considered for transition at that time. My home scales were 137.2 lbs this AM, and have been 137.4 to 138.6 for the past week. I measured myself, and in the past 1 wk I've lost 1/2 inch of my bust, 1/4 inch off my waist, and almost 1/2 inch off my thighs. Granted, I'm not building muscle with weights, yet, but I am continuing to eat enough protein that I know I'm not losing muscle. I now have no cellulite on my upper arms....first time in about 14 years! I go sleeveless constantly now and feel great about it! I think the extra inches/weight loss from from cutting out milk/cheese, etc. And I wonder if I was having some inflammation from not tolerating it as well as I assumed I was? Oh well, I guess I'll stay off of it...it's better for my sinuses/allergies anyways.

Hope you all have an awesome weekend!
Wow! Sounds like the new eating is working out well for you!!
Old 08-29-2010, 08:04 AM   #363
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: thinagain@30
Stats: 245.3
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 7/12/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanna1 View Post
Carol ~ I think we are confused by the 217 in the post above and the 120 in your stats. I am sure one of them is a typo Either way, you are doing great!!!
Thanks for being nice about it. I have no clue as to what happened in my stats mybe I am just wishing I an that small!!!

Carol
Old 08-29-2010, 08:07 AM   #364
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert-Rose7 View Post
Carol...what we are referring to is this:

first stat is your beginning weight/second is current weight/and third is your goal weight. These are pretty standard. Look at some of the other members and you will see what we are talking about.

Jo
Jo as far as it being "standard" on the starting and the current must have been wishful thinking because both of them said I was less that 200 even though I am quite sure I did type 217... but I repeat I do not HAVE a goal weight yet!
Old 08-29-2010, 08:15 AM   #365
Junior LCF Member

I don't know what is going on with me I am in such a cranky pissy mood today. If I go one more place where people try and force me to eat junk I am prolly going to loose it. I am not normally a snippy person but if people would judt understand that this is hard enough. I am an emotional eater I eat for comfort and now that is gone, I do not have that comfort. Last nigt I was so uset after somthing that happened at a function after I got my son in bed I told my husband I was going for a walk... well it must have been a sight because I started running.

Carol
Old 08-29-2010, 08:27 AM   #366
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinagain@30 View Post
I don't know what is going on with me I am in such a cranky pissy mood today. If I go one more place where people try and force me to eat junk I am prolly going to loose it. I am not normally a snippy person but if people would judt understand that this is hard enough. I am an emotional eater I eat for comfort and now that is gone, I do not have that comfort. Last nigt I was so uset after somthing that happened at a function after I got my son in bed I told my husband I was going for a walk... well it must have been a sight because I started running.

Carol
I got pretty pissy at first too. Actually....I was pissy off and one the whole time and still am a little. I think it might be the AS if you are taking those. I am glad my close friends and family understood because sometimes I was pretty hard to tolerate. :blush: I still get short nerves but not as bad as when I first started. Even my dogs were getting scared.
Old 08-29-2010, 08:47 AM   #367
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlene4 View Post
I got pretty pissy at first too. Actually....I was pissy off and one the whole time and still am a little. I think it might be the AS if you are taking those. I am glad my close friends and family understood because sometimes I was pretty hard to tolerate. :blush: I still get short nerves but not as bad as when I first started. Even my dogs were getting scared.
Charlene: Thanks I am on AS so maybe that is it.
Old 08-29-2010, 10:58 AM   #368
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
The important thing to remember is this: No one can FORCE you to eat anything without your express permission. You do not have to give in to that pressure. Emotional eating, as you have stated, is a lot of the problem. Learning to deal with those issues is why this program is successful. Be sure to discuss those issues in here and in your weekly visits at the clinic. There is a lot of help for those issues, and truthfully, they must be dealt with so that they cease being an issue for you. You CAN do this.

Jo
Old 08-29-2010, 11:58 AM   #369
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
I went for many many walks in the beginning because I was cranky and needed out of the house. I guess that's a good thing because I am now running 4 miles at a time. You'll servive and you'll come out skinny on the other side.

I went back to take my size 8 pants back and got 2 size 6 jeans. And even better they were $17, for both pair. YAY!
Old 08-29-2010, 11:59 AM   #370
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
The important thing to remember is this: No one can FORCE you to eat anything without your express permission. You do not have to give in to that pressure. Emotional eating, as you have stated, is a lot of the problem. Learning to deal with those issues is why this program is successful. Be sure to discuss those issues in here and in your weekly visits at the clinic. There is a lot of help for those issues, and truthfully, they must be dealt with so that they cease being an issue for you. You CAN do this.

Jo
I have not caved... but I almost caved when my MIL was waiving the most decadent looking chocolate cupcake under my nose
Old 08-29-2010, 12:32 PM   #371
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
You are better than any dumb cupcake. You are worth more than any decadent cupcake. And momentary weakness leads to worse and more harmful moments. Kudos to you for hanging tough! Build on that!

You CAN do this.

Jo
Old 08-29-2010, 01:03 PM   #372
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnK
Stats: 5'2" 133/133/115
Start Date: 7/22/14
Good Afternoon! Like many of you, my clothes have gotten pretty baggy since starting the MWL program 6 weeks ago. I had only lost 12.4 lbs as of my weigh in this past week... BUT.... today I went to the nearby Goodwill to check out the shorts. (Don't want to spend money on new clothes until my body is done losing & decides what size it wants to be!) I was able to get a size 8 ~ that means I'm down 2 sizes. It's been a long time since I could fit into an 8, and it made me feel a lot better. It had seemed like my "numbers" were going down so slowly at the last 2 weigh ins. I guess the point is, it's really NOT all about weight loss... it's about having a healthier body that happens to feel & look better.
Old 08-29-2010, 01:06 PM   #373
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnK
Stats: 5'2" 133/133/115
Start Date: 7/22/14
Quote:

Jo
Great insight, Jo! I, for one, have to remind myself several times a day that I'm not REALLY hungry... and go get another water.
Old 08-29-2010, 05:12 PM   #374
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnK View Post
Good Afternoon! Like many of you, my clothes have gotten pretty baggy since starting the MWL program 6 weeks ago. I had only lost 12.4 lbs as of my weigh in this past week... BUT.... today I went to the nearby Goodwill to check out the shorts. (Don't want to spend money on new clothes until my body is done losing & decides what size it wants to be!) I was able to get a size 8 ~ that means I'm down 2 sizes. It's been a long time since I could fit into an 8, and it made me feel a lot better. It had seemed like my "numbers" were going down so slowly at the last 2 weigh ins. I guess the point is, it's really NOT all about weight loss... it's about having a healthier body that happens to feel & look better.
I put on a pair of loose shorts this morning to walk in, then it began to rain, and we walked on. By the time we finished 3 miles, I was drenched, and having to pull my loose, wet shorts up every few feet. The water made the denim very heavy....needless to say I'm getting rid of them. I also stopped at Goodwill a couple of weeks back thinking I would get a couple pairs of shorts that would be too small, so when I ran out of the ones I already own, I'd have more to fit in to. When I got home and tried them on they ALL fit NOW! That's a good problem to have! Today DH had to go put another hole in his belt! At the beginning of this journey he couldn't even wear this belt, and now he's gone through all of the holes and is adding more!

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford
Old 08-29-2010, 06:02 PM   #375
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Mary and Ann - That's wonderful! Congratulations to both of you, and to Mary's DH! I've been shopping at Goodwill as I go through the sizes, and like you I bought something a little smaller ahead of time and later fit into it! I had shopped there a week or so ago and bought several slacks in size 8, but was still wearing my size 11 jeans. Today as I was walking/shopping at Walmart I was having to pull them up a bunch! Guess I'll be looking for some smaller jeans after a while. Several friends are really happy with my weight loss as they are wearing my bigger clothes! (briefly, til they lose their weight)

Charlene - You are right. This restricted "allergy" elimination diet my ENT/allergist has me on is like being in Week 1 without the benefit of having cheese/whey/etc and I'm losing while on it and ready for a change. I'm really enjoying the veggies I eat (which is different than week 1 MWL). I do a yeast challenge thing on Thursday for several different days, if I pass I can add in some grains. So far on this diet I'm very aware of how my body feels with different foods...and I think I shouldn't have cucumbers anymore. Makes me burpy, so tummy isn't happy about something about them.

I'm just so ready to have more calories and I know I've been eating more than 600 daily with my protein, nuts, veggies. But I'm in the most high levels of ketosis I've been in ever (too dark!) and try to drink more water. So ketosis = fat loss.

Last edited by Fit2010; 08-29-2010 at 06:05 PM..
Old 08-29-2010, 08:21 PM   #376
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
You are better than any dumb cupcake. You are worth more than any decadent cupcake. And momentary weakness leads to worse and more harmful moments. Kudos to you for hanging tough! Build on that!

You CAN do this.

Jo
Thanks Jo! It was especially difficult when she smooshed it against my lips when I was talking. This was also at a church cookout and I had done a great job in preparing I brought my own hotdog (hebrew national) lettuce for a bun and for our potluck dish we brought sf jello in a 9x13 pan frosted with ff cool whip so that I could have a desert too. I did not get to have the desert that I made because I was worried about the frosting I tasted when she did that. I even brought my own catsup!!! Dang it I did good! I can do it and I am doing it. I have little or no support from my family my husband just started being supportive he even was in charge of my special hot dog!

Carol
Old 08-30-2010, 04:58 AM   #377
Major LCF Poster!

Carol - Wow! That is some nerve with that cupcake! Some women are very threatened with another one is willing to say NO to their indulgences. It's as if they think that the one being in control of their food is judging them, or leaving their team of codependent enablers to their lack of self-control. Think about it. It means you are consciously choosing to be different. Some of us have decided it's better to tell as few people about our chosen WOE as possible due to this kind of sabotage. But WOW, that is really crossing a boundary for someone to press a forbidden food against your lips. Beware of the emotions that can cause. I'm glad your husband finally starting being supportive. Praise him along the way for all the time he strengthens your resolve! But remember it's something YOU have to do yourself. I memorized scripture to help me too. Ps 32:8-11 and Prov 3:21-24.

Have a great day friends!
Old 08-30-2010, 05:11 AM   #378
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: msawhitt
Stats: 220/130/145
WOE: Medi
Start Date: August 11, 2010
*Regarding getting sick*

So, I had a fab weekend and was surprisingly able to generally stick to my diet, but definitely had a few drinks and was eager to get back home today and get back on the week 1 plan for the rest of the week. However, I am insanely sick today and off to my PCP, and there is NO WAY I am getting meat or medication down my throat for a few days. What do you guys try to do when you get sick? All I have been able to tolerate since yesterday afternoon is ice pops and diet soda (the bubbles feel surprisingly good). I'm thinking I won't even be up to going to my Medi appt. this week. Any tips? Thanks!

lost 45 pounds in 3 months with MWL!

total loss of 90 pounds since May 2010

In maintenance : )
Old 08-30-2010, 05:33 AM   #379
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jbiggars63
Stats: 493/192/193
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 1/23/2009
Hey Lea and Debbie! Are you gals ready for the 5k?!? Komen Wichita Race for the Cure
Old 08-30-2010, 05:33 AM   #380
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by msawhitt View Post
*Regarding getting sick*

So, I had a fab weekend and was surprisingly able to generally stick to my diet, but definitely had a few drinks and was eager to get back home today and get back on the week 1 plan for the rest of the week. However, I am insanely sick today and off to my PCP, and there is NO WAY I am getting meat or medication down my throat for a few days. What do you guys try to do when you get sick? All I have been able to tolerate since yesterday afternoon is ice pops and diet soda (the bubbles feel surprisingly good). I'm thinking I won't even be up to going to my Medi appt. this week. Any tips? Thanks!
I had a cold a few times in the spring and I would use plain grilled chicken (Costco) and low-sodium chicken broth. Cut chicken into smal pieces and put them into steaming hot broth. It made me feel better plus I got my protein calories in. And of course, drank tons of herbal teas.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:55 AM   #381
Junior LCF Member

Stats: 208/198/197/193
Start Date: 6.25.2010
Okay, so here I am after a one month "fall off the wagon". And I just started week one again! After losing 20lbs in one month I never thought I would let myself gain back 10lbs.. and it came back so quickly.. I wish I had never eaten that first bite. Any help from you guys would be much appreciated. Why is this so hard? I want to looses 40 more by January. I know if I stay on Medi I can do it. Has any one else restarted week one?

Help...Lori
Old 08-30-2010, 04:00 PM   #382
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: May 11, 2010
I very happily said Good-bye to the 200's today!!! Weighed in today and have now lost 62.1 lbs, I was so happy. I actually was quite nervous about going to my appt today after being away for the past 4 days. We went up to NH and did StoryLand with the girls. I was able to eat my yogurt for breakfast each day, but lunch & dinner were out to eat meals every day. I knew my choices were good, but was so scared about what my portion sizes had been. Plus, I didn't get to exercise 2 days (unless you count chasing 2 kids around all day long outside!). But - I did great....it was so empowering to know that I could go away and stay on track! (And I didn't even cheat when we took the girls out to ice cream at night, or to the cider mill for cider doughnuts, or to a "cupcakery"...yup, a bakery filled with all kinds of cupcakes! I was so determined!).

I did get quite the lecture about my eating almonds on a daily basis this past week (I've been chopping up 1/2 oz to add to my yogurt for breakfast - its about 6 or 7 almonds just to add a "crunch" and it makes it so much more appetizing!). I was told I am "sabotaging" my weight loss. Hmm...4.3 lbs lost this week, sabotage????

Over 100lbs. GONE FOREVER
Thanks to MWL!
8 months to Wellness....5/11/10 - 1/11/11
Old 08-30-2010, 05:21 PM   #383
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
I pulled a muslce in the back of my leg and it hurts so bad. I am sitting on an icepack as I type this. I am glad I got my walk in this morning because I have a feeling I won't be able to run in the next few days. I am also craving sweets today (and it's not TOM), and in the process of avoiding them I have been biting my nails. That's a long ago habit that I broke but has come back on days that I want to eat things I shoudln't. I don't have any sugar free gum in the house which is usually what I chew on days like this. Just kind of all around yucky day, but at least I have stayed on plan.
Old 08-30-2010, 06:36 PM   #384
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2princesses View Post
I very happily said Good-bye to the 200's today!!! Weighed in today and have now lost 62.1 lbs, I was so happy. I actually was quite nervous about going to my appt today after being away for the past 4 days. We went up to NH and did StoryLand with the girls. I was able to eat my yogurt for breakfast each day, but lunch & dinner were out to eat meals every day. I knew my choices were good, but was so scared about what my portion sizes had been. Plus, I didn't get to exercise 2 days (unless you count chasing 2 kids around all day long outside!). But - I did great....it was so empowering to know that I could go away and stay on track! (And I didn't even cheat when we took the girls out to ice cream at night, or to the cider mill for cider doughnuts, or to a "cupcakery"...yup, a bakery filled with all kinds of cupcakes! I was so determined!).

I did get quite the lecture about my eating almonds on a daily basis this past week (I've been chopping up 1/2 oz to add to my yogurt for breakfast - its about 6 or 7 almonds just to add a "crunch" and it makes it so much more appetizing!). I was told I am "sabotaging" my weight loss. Hmm...4.3 lbs lost this week, sabotage????
How Wonderful Congratulation Keri! You're doing GREAT! I'd say 4.3 pounds gone is nothing to sneeze at!
Old 08-30-2010, 06:38 PM   #385
Junior LCF Member

Oops sorry I replied to the wrong post

Last edited by thinagain@30; 08-30-2010 at 07:01 PM..
Old 08-30-2010, 06:56 PM   #386
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Thank You Mary!

Lins - You are not the only one craving sweets today....it is my TOM and I have gone in the kitchen and stared into the cabinets so many times tonight - the sad thing is, there is NOTHING there to even cheat with if I wanted to! I didn't do a lot of grocery shopping last week knowing we were going away - and only ran in real quick for the "necessities" late last night...guess that's a good thing! I think I might attempt the cheesecake bites in the dessert thread tomorrow just so I'll have something to take the craving away. Hope your muscle heals quickly!

Did some more cleaning/organizing in my closet tonight....you know how some clothing stores put tags in their clothes that show the season/year the item was bought? Well, I was trying on some Gap size 14 khaki shorts and jean capri's tonight (jean capri's fit, shorts are still tight) and I looked at the tag - Ok, they are from Spr '03! I have had these bottoms for more than 7 yrs...and its been at least 5 since I've worn them....how sad is that?
Old 08-30-2010, 07:02 PM   #387
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2princesses View Post

YAY!!! Awesome Job! I think that I got the correcto post this time

Carol
Old 08-30-2010, 07:04 PM   #388
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lins View Post
I pulled a muslce in the back of my leg and it hurts so bad. I am sitting on an icepack as I type this. I am glad I got my walk in this morning because I have a feeling I won't be able to run in the next few days. I am also craving sweets today (and it's not TOM), and in the process of avoiding them I have been biting my nails. That's a long ago habit that I broke but has come back on days that I want to eat things I shoudln't. I don't have any sugar free gum in the house which is usually what I chew on days like this. Just kind of all around yucky day, but at least I have stayed on plan.
lets try this again... :blush: I am sorry you pulled a muscle. Get plenty of rest. Great job for staying on plan though. feel better
Old 08-30-2010, 07:18 PM   #389
Senior LCF Member

question for people in maintenance or transition

Hey....anyone in maintenance or transitioning (I know you're out there)....how did you guys feel your first week of adding back calories?? They put me at 900 daily on Friday when I went it. I did eat something sweet that same night (something sweet but small) and felt the crap hangover the next day. I worked out extra hard and have been working out with a little more intensity since I added calories. I feel physically huge and tired. I feel puffy all over and drained. Is this normal? Is it just my body getting used to having carbs back? They said I could do one serving of starch (such as one slice of whole wheat, etc.) daily but I have only been brave enough to do that twice. On Saturday, I ate about 1/6 of a whole wheat bun and tonight I ate 1/2 of a small wheat Carb Control tortilla. I'm just wondering how everyone else felt....

maintenance
Old 08-30-2010, 09:31 PM   #390
Major LCF Poster!

I did it! I'm officially in Transition! My weigh in at the clinic this AM was 137.4 lbs. I celebrated by heading to my "upscale" Goodwill to try on size 8 jeans, to see if that would be the correct size or if I instead needed to go to 10's. (My size 11 jeans have been requiring me to pull them up every few minutes during the past week and that's been embarrassing!)

I bought 3 pairs of jeans size 8 (2 were 100% cotton) by Tommy H., Ann Taylor, and Levis. It was the easiest time trying on clothes that I ever remember....really makes a diffference when it's a good fit vs trying to hide rolls. Also got a pair of jean capris. And, a pair of size 6 jean shorts that fit but will look better next spring...I will have the goal of working on my abds so that they look good in a top with those 6's, otherwise it smooshes up the belly stuff to make a muffin-top! Blech!
Closed Thread