Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2010, 06:32 AM   #301
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: barrister7
Stats: 5'7" -175/148/140
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: August 18, 2010
Charlene,

Thanks so much for the excellent advice - I really appreciate it! You mentioned cheese - can I have cheese and yogurt during this first week? I guess it really doesn't matter since my first weigh-in is tomorrow! :-) Thanks again!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2010, 06:35 AM   #302
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
TOM of really kicking my rear this month. Yesterday was awful. I am weak, crabby, have hot flashes, shaky, moody, bloated.... I went on my "run" last night which ended up being a 4 mile walk instead because I seriously just didn't have the energy to lift my feet off the ground. I thought today would be better, but so far it's not at all. I just feel awful. I don't feel sick, just dragged way down. It really sucks! I haven't had it this bad in years. On top of that it's rainy today so I really just want to curl up on the sofa with a book and some comfort food. I'm not going to do that (the eatting part), but man that's what I feel like. Yuck! I even went in for my second shot yesterday (I have never gotten it before), and that didn't help.
Old 08-24-2010, 06:50 AM   #303
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Charlene4
Stats: 154.5/135/135
WOE: vegan/vegetarian
Start Date: June 7,2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrister7 View Post
Charlene,

Thanks so much for the excellent advice - I really appreciate it! You mentioned cheese - can I have cheese and yogurt during this first week? I guess it really doesn't matter since my first weigh-in is tomorrow! :-) Thanks again!
My clinic allowed me to have cheese and yogurt the first week. It worked out well for me but if you haven't I would just wait until week 2. You might get a better result.
Old 08-24-2010, 07:29 AM   #304
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlene4 View Post
My clinic allowed me to have cheese and yogurt the first week. It worked out well for me but if you haven't I would just wait until week 2. You might get a better result.
Thanks, Charlene! I love that Laughing Cow light swiss cheese - can't wait to add a little back in along with some veggies!
Old 08-24-2010, 12:27 PM   #305
Junior LCF Member

Day 7 - Last day before 1st weigh-in

So I've been feeling all day like I need to eat something not on "the list." What gives with that? I've done so well all week - really followed the plan and now here I am on the afternoon before the weigh-in and all I want to do is eat some pizza or a piece of chocolate? I don't think that I'm hungry. But those things just sound really good. Maybe I'm nervous about the weigh-in and want to have some reason just in case I don't lose as much weight as I'd like. I gotta be honest - I'm hoping for a significant weight loss - somewhere in the 8-10 pound range. I know that's setting myself up for disappointment, but I can't help it! Any advice for this newbie on the day before the BWI tomorrow morning? Also, I usually workout Wednesday mornings - should I skip it or go ahead and do it?
Old 08-24-2010, 12:38 PM   #306
Junior LCF Member

Has anyone tried PB2?

I just ordered some because it sounds pretty good. Hungry Girl gave it a glowing review on her website. Just wondering if it's any good!
Old 08-24-2010, 12:46 PM   #307
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: thinagain@30
Stats: 245.3
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 7/12/2012
Hi... New here popping over from the newbies board I am on week 2 and last week I lost just over 13 pounds! I do not have much support from anyone one this diet so it is a bit hard but I am very encouraged with last weeks loss!

Carol
Old 08-24-2010, 12:47 PM   #308
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
I just ordered some because it sounds pretty good. Hungry Girl gave it a glowing review on her website. Just wondering if it's any good!
Barrister - Hungry Girl has not steered me wrong yet! Good luck tomorrow!

Carol
Old 08-24-2010, 01:29 PM   #309
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: msawhitt
Stats: 220/130/145
WOE: Medi
Start Date: August 11, 2010
Quote:
So I've been feeling all day like I need to eat something not on "the list." What gives with that? I've done so well all week - really followed the plan and now here I am on the afternoon before the weigh-in and all I want to do is eat some pizza or a piece of chocolate? I don't think that I'm hungry. But those things just sound really good. Maybe I'm nervous about the weigh-in and want to have some reason just in case I don't lose as much weight as I'd like. I gotta be honest - I'm hoping for a significant weight loss - somewhere in the 8-10 pound range. I know that's setting myself up for disappointment, but I can't help it! Any advice for this newbie on the day before the BWI tomorrow morning? Also, I usually workout Wednesday mornings - should I skip it or go ahead and do it?

I just started the program (and also go on Wednesday's : )), tomorrow will be my third appointment. It took me about a week and a half into the program before I had my first "gotta have it" craving, so I can totally relate! My 3-year-old had this pack of mini M&M's, and I couldn't get my mind off eating some of them. In the end, I took about 15 of them, sat down, and ENJOYED them, and left it at that. It was such a severe craving, I so saw myself creeping into the kitchen at night and going overboard, so I just satisfied it (and it was surprising how little satisfied the craving). The next day, I was still in a high level of ketosis (I have been in one of the top 2 levels since day 3, no matter how much water I drink). I would love to hear from some other people about cravings and "cheating" on the diet, and how it has affected their weight loss! I haven't talked with my Dr. about occasional indulgences, but I definately will tomorrow. My daughter's big 4th birthday (including a VERY EXPENSIVE breakfast at Cinderella's castle in the Magic Kingdom) bash is all weekend, and I would hate to have to be a stickler for every meal! We'll see, though : )

lost 45 pounds in 3 months with MWL!

total loss of 90 pounds since May 2010

In maintenance : )
Old 08-24-2010, 01:38 PM   #310
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
Quote:
Not as good as a real thing, but it still gives you a taste. I make "peanut butter jello" sandwich - smear PB2 on oopsie roll and cover with blueberry walden farm no calorie spread. It works for me.
Old 08-24-2010, 01:59 PM   #311
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
Quote:
It's REALLY good but like regular peanut butter, it's a trigger for me. I bought some during acute to add to my chocolate smoothies. SO yummy!
Old 08-24-2010, 02:05 PM   #312
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
Start Date: May 11, 2010
We've had non-stop rain here since early Sunday morning - which has totally affected me! I walked on the treadmill Sunday night, and skipped walking last night. I just had my mom watch the girls so I could walk outside in the rain - I am now cold & wet, but feel so much better for having gotten a good walk in. I used to laugh at those I saw out exercising in the extreme heat/rain/cold/snow....and within 3 months, I've become one of those! (I guess thats why those people I used to laugh at were always skinny people!).

I went shopping earlier today too with my mom and girls....bought a few new tops - and a few were size L. You have no idea how shocked I was trying them on when the XL was too big! It felt so good!

This weather has me wanting soup sooo bad though, time to check the recipe threads!

Over 100lbs. GONE FOREVER
Thanks to MWL!
8 months to Wellness....5/11/10 - 1/11/11
Old 08-24-2010, 02:16 PM   #313
Junior LCF Member

Good Job Keri! I am to much of a wimp to go out in this!

Carol
Old 08-24-2010, 05:11 PM   #314
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: soozi2
Stats: 221/183/24.9 BMI
Start Date: July 2010
Coming Over from the Newbie Board

Well today I went for my one month weigh in. I can't believe I have been doing this for a month. I am really happy with my results. I had a hard time week 2 and 3 because I didn't see the scale moving.

To date i have lost 18.5 pounds, 9.5 of which is fat pounds. I have a long way to go though, but my body is definately looking better.

Just wanted to celebrate with you all.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:12 PM   #315
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Welcome to all the newbies! We're glad you're journey has brought you to this site! This group is very supportive.

Irabeslim - Your weight loss is amazing! Wow! You are so close to goal! We started about the same time, did you think we'd be reaching goal REALLY, and in this amount of time!? We've been learning so much. One more lb for you puts you at the 100 lb mark, and I just met the 50 lb mark. This AM I'm 2.8 lbs from goal!
Old 08-25-2010, 04:07 AM   #316
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
Welcome to all the newbies! We're glad you're journey has brought you to this site! This group is very supportive.

Irabeslim - Your weight loss is amazing! Wow! You are so close to goal! We started about the same time, did you think we'd be reaching goal REALLY, and in this amount of time!? We've been learning so much. One more lb for you puts you at the 100 lb mark, and I just met the 50 lb mark. This AM I'm 2.8 lbs from goal!
Thank you, Debbie. Actually at the last weigh-in I was short 0.7 lb to hit 100 lb loss (I was so sure I will hit it!). You did great yourself with all your health setbacks that you experienced. It is very difficult to accomplish what you accomplished when you were not feeling your best.

I cannot believe myself that I did it in just 7 months. At the clinic they told me it will take a year. I credit vigorous exercise (6 times a week, 1 hour of high intensity cardio and 1/2 hour of weights), variety in food (thanks to the recipes that I got from this forum), seeing amazing results week after week at the weigh-in that encouraged me to continue. I am 9 lb away from the goal but I am finding that I am becoming complacent and giving in to temptations. Like this weekend, while visiting friends at their vacation home in Poconos I did not do well. I was prepared and brought all Medi food and 1st day was perfect, but the next day it was raining and there was nothing to do and everybody was eating and drinking and I could not resist "healthy" rye bread and then one troufle, then another and then too many, then chocolate, etc. I will stop right here. So my old habits are still with me and this scares me. For me after such slip, it is hard to get back to the routine and I did not do good on Monday. But I did great yesterday and I am back to my routine and my confidence is back. Why are we doing this to ourselves? I am getting all the compliments, people are saying that I don't need to lose anymore, I feel great, full of energy, looking forward to exercise and yet still giving in to this... What happens when I go on maintenance/wellness? I got Dr Beck book and will be doing all those exercises. I hope that will help me to prevent last weekend situations.

"Nothing tastes better than thin feels"
-------------------
Was in wellness!
Restart on 04/05/11 to lose 15 gained lb
253/148/140
Old 08-25-2010, 07:56 AM   #317
Junior LCF Member

Pretty Big First Weigh-in

8 pounds lost - 6.5 of it fat! Totally awesome! My scale said 9 pounds so I'm happy to get in there and see 8 pounds! Bring on the veggies of week 2!
Old 08-25-2010, 08:38 AM   #318
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
8 pounds lost - 6.5 of it fat! Totally awesome! My scale said 9 pounds so I'm happy to get in there and see 8 pounds! Bring on the veggies of week 2!
nice job! It is amazing how the veggies will taste this week!
Old 08-25-2010, 09:57 AM   #319
Senior LCF Member

Great loss! Keep up the good work!
Old 08-25-2010, 10:11 AM   #320
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CT Buckeye
Stats: 251/206/195
Start Date: 6/22/2010
PB2

Quote:
Barrister7 - I love peanut butter. For a snack, I take a spoon of the PB2 peanut butter and a spoon of the peanut butter/chocolate and mix this with a spoon of the netrition no sugar/no carb peanut butter spread (by itself, isn't that good) and mix that with a little water. It feels like an over indulging, but you drink a lot of water with it and it is really filling!
Old 08-25-2010, 11:08 AM   #321
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Buckeye View Post
Barrister7 - I love peanut butter. For a snack, I take a spoon of the PB2 peanut butter and a spoon of the peanut butter/chocolate and mix this with a spoon of the netrition no sugar/no carb peanut butter spread (by itself, isn't that good) and mix that with a little water. It feels like an over indulging, but you drink a lot of water with it and it is really filling!
I ordered the PB2 chocolate PB too - is that what you're talking about mixing the PB2 with (along with the Netrition PB)? That sounds awesome! I can't wait until my PB2 arrives - hopefully just in time for this weekend!
Old 08-25-2010, 11:44 AM   #322
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnK
Stats: 5'2" 133/133/115
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 7/22/14
Quote:
Woo-Hoo, barrister!!!! 8 pounds is great! You must be doing all the right things. Enjoy your veggies ~ I remember the day of my first weigh-in, getting to go home & have brussels sprouts with my dinner. It was like getting to have dessert .
Congrats ~ and keep up the great work!!
Old 08-25-2010, 12:10 PM   #323
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Irabeslim - So many of us this past month have been where you are at....close to goal after being so diligent for so many months, and then sabotaging ourselves temporarily. The thing, I think, is that we hear about others adding in more calories and we just start tricking ourselves into thinking we can try that too. But, bad habits (like the truffles/chocolate) quickly want to take over. We've been used to a planned out, scheduled, porportioned WOE, and when allowing last minute indulgences to enter in we are feeling powerless to control them. I think the Beck book will help you with this. I have to label some foods RED FLAG foods and just KNOW that they are way too tempting for me to try to control.

Peanut butter is a red flag food for me--are you listening Newbies? Be disciplined up front. If you find yourself feeling a loss of control then throw it out. It's not worth the bad feelings, the calories, the waste of $ for a temporary "fix." We are addicts, or else we wouldn't all have struggled to lose this weight prior to now!
Old 08-25-2010, 12:45 PM   #324
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnK View Post
Woo-Hoo, barrister!!!! 8 pounds is great! You must be doing all the right things. Enjoy your veggies ~ I remember the day of my first weigh-in, getting to go home & have brussels sprouts with my dinner. It was like getting to have dessert .
Congrats ~ and keep up the great work!!
Thanks so much, Ann! I don't know if I'm doing ALL the right things, but at least I'm getting some of the things right! I did get the vegetarian menu until today for some reason - but with it, I now have a renewed sense of being able to get this done! Thanks for your kind words of encouragement!
Old 08-25-2010, 01:22 PM   #325
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
Quote:
Peanut butter is a red flag food for me--are you listening Newbies? Be disciplined up front. If you find yourself feeling a loss of control then throw it out. It's not worth the bad feelings, the calories, the waste of $ for a temporary "fix." We are addicts, or else we wouldn't all have struggled to lose this weight prior to now!
Amen sister!
Old 08-25-2010, 04:19 PM   #326
Senior LCF Member

Ugh another struggling day. I just get so frustrated that I have lost almost 45lbs yet I still struggle not eat junk, or not to eat when I'm not hungry (emotional eatting). It just sucks! I know that I CAN stay away from food, because I've done it for almost 20 weeks now, but it's still a struggle, and tonight it's getting me down.
Old 08-25-2010, 05:39 PM   #327
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: msawhitt
Stats: 220/130/145
Start Date: August 11, 2010
Quote:

I am a Biggest Loser junkie, and I have this image in my mind of the one season when Ali said "I can always predict who will go home this week based on who has been dipping into the peanut butter jar". That being said, I threw out our old PB jar and bought individual packets (like one sandwich worth each) for my daughter's lunch. This way, I'm not lounging in the pantry spooning PB in the middle of the night : )

Cool whip didn't work out so well for me this week, I had to throw it out halfway through the container. I even put it in the freezer, and was still creeping in the freezer for a bite or two CONSTANTLY during the day. It will be banned, for now!
Old 08-25-2010, 05:39 PM   #328
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: YankeeMom27
Stats: 181/156.8/145
WOE: Medi WeightLoss
Start Date: restart 03/29/13
lins- I can totally relate to what you're going through! I am craving chocolate SO bad (waiting for TOM any day now!) and have been dealing with all this rain as well making it hard to get out and exercise. I was able to dodge the raindrops the past 2 days to bike my son to and from school, but have missed running as well. Does anyone have any ideas for dealing with chocolate cravings?
Old 08-26-2010, 03:39 AM   #329
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: losing in Ftm
Stats: restart Apr 2012
Start Date: 5/5/10
[QUOTE]YankeeMom27;. Does anyone have any ideas for dealing with chocolate cravings?QUOTE]

I make a 'chocolate mousse' (or lemon because I love lemon). I just blend Vanilla protein shake mix with chocolate almond breeze add in 1 tsp of FF chocolate pudding mix (straight from the box) and maybe a 1/8 tsp. of xantham gum to thicken. Finish with a scoop of low fat cool whip and enjoy.

Lucky for me I seem to have gotten past my chocolate cravings and have never cared for PB. My only issues are are when it's my teenage daughter's TOM she bakes cookies. I have to open windows despite the heat and take my walk them. The deal is she makes only what she eats and their gone my the time I get back.
Old 08-26-2010, 04:52 AM   #330
Senior LCF Member

I usually eat sugar free/fat free pudding to help with the chocolate cravings. Or a sugar Free Fudge pop. But the SF Fudge Pop still has 8 carbs so you have to do that on a day that you were already low on your carbs so you won't go over.

I am finding the last 10lbs to be torture. I want to loose them, but at the same time I still find myself being relaxed about the amount of calories I am eatting. I"m not really struggling staying with Medi friently foods, which is a good thing, it's just the amount in which I am eatting. It makes me confident that I will be okay in maintance, but it's not helping these last 10lbs go away.

Today is another day.
Closed Thread