Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2010, 12:01 PM   #271
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnK
Stats: 5'2" 133/133/115
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 7/22/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by lins View Post
I don't have time to reply to anyone today (although I did read), but just wanted to check in. I went to my appt today and was down -3lbs putting me at 132lbs!!!!! It feels great!
Go lins!! You're doing great... I, too, hope to make it to the 120's next month... maybe not by the 1st, but not for lack of trying!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2010, 02:51 PM   #272
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
Keri - I would definitely take them back if it were me. You paid for a preferred fit and she should have measured you or something. I guess she nip and tucks and doesn't "design" clothes!

Regarding body image stuff. I wrote this a long time ago, but I took my camera with me to MWL the first day and in my jeans and black bra had the nurse take a photo of me from behind (muffin top spillage HUGE) and from the side (fat arms, protruding abd- even the hernia I described in the epigastric area was visible). Then I wore the same jeans and black bra 2 months later for a photo (less muffin top!). Two months later the jeans wouldn't fit so I wore other pants and black bra (hour glass waist - NO muffin top and seeing difference in arms...hernia still visible/in fact I showed these series of photos to the breast cancer doctor yesterday!) And the other day I had more taken. I did this for ME. So I could really believe that I was losing and not allow myself to rationalize and cheat if I saw a number on the scales or a glimpse in the mirror I didn't like. I HAVE been evolving into the body I once had...but now I'm smarter too! Yesterday in the office a YOUNG nurse (probably in her 20's) thought I was in my 30's! Obviously she wasn't close enough to see the wrinkles on my arms! I told her I have a great gal that weaves my hair!

Thank you again friends for caring about my concern with the biopsy. So relieved! What a great "team" of support we have here!

Blessings,
Debbie first, let me say how happy I am for your good report! I have been away so didn't see your first post, but read through everything just now searching to find the results! Thank God!
My DH and I took pictures of each other on our first day on the program. The nurse took a picture of him in the office, but the camera wasn't working on the day I went in! We took them in all directions, both clothed and "nekked"........NOT a pretty sight! Bill is down almost 60 pounds and I'm down 50 and I can't believe how HORRIBLE we looked! How did we let ourselves get to that point?
I had saved a pair of my jeans but then gave them to Goodwill by mistake. I've had a couple people say how much younger I look (I'm 59), and I'm just lovin' it!

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford
Old 08-20-2010, 03:03 PM   #273
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDC2 View Post
I have been working so much lately that I haven't had a chance to check out our site in a week or more. We had 29 new patients just last week. The Medi fever is spreading and the general public is learning that there is a cure for obesity!!! And my husband's company, Lockheed Martin, just became a coorporate wellness partner!

I have some other great news too. When I did the program I didn't even consider submitting my receipts to my medical insurance. I did however submit them to my FSA and on my second attempt, with a letter from the doctor, they accepted the claim and sent me a check. For those of you who don't know what an FSA is, it is tax free money that you set aside for health expenses. It basicly means that the money I spent on Medi was tax free. When my husband did the program I decided to try making a claim to our medical insurance. They rejected the claim twice saying that I did not provide enough information. The third time I painstakingly filled out their form exactly as they specified and they finally accepted it and put it through. I'm not saying that all insurances will accept the claim, but it is certainly worth a try. You need to have all of the standard medical codes for office visits, injections, etc., and including a letter from your doctor stating the medical issues affiliated with obesity doesn't hurt. Our doctor has a standard letter that she personalizes and prints. Good luck if you decide to try this. I am glad that I did.

Another interesting thing that you may or maynot know about a Flex Spending Account is that your employer actually pays for each employee who signs up for it, then you submit the reciepts, and recieve reimbursement. Anything that you did not claim is given back to the employer, and you lose that money (it's taken out of your pay monthly usually) HOWEVER (this is the part we didn't know) if you quit your job, or are layed off (like my husband was in June) you are STILL entitled to the WHOLE amount you signed up for as long as you have receipts dated prior to the end of your insurance.
So, with Medi we had WAY more in receipts than the $750 my husband had had deducted from his pay prior to being layed off, yet we were able to submit claims for the full $1500 that he had signed up for. It took us twice submitting the regular Medi office visits to get them to pay, all though they paid for the initial visit right away. It was the woman at the place who handles the FSA who told us about this. She said sometimes the employer wins and sometimes they lose.
Old 08-20-2010, 03:18 PM   #274
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msawhitt View Post
Olivia: I go to the Lake Mary office : ) Feel free to chat anytime though, I'm all over town all the time!

Everyone else: Have you all tried the Walden Farms products? My Sister-in-Law (who did Weight Watchers) swore it was awful, but I bought the chocolate dip at Publix today and omigoodness.....it was pretty delish! I mean, it's no jar of Nutella, but for 0 calories, 0 carbs, 0 fat, and 0 sugar I'll take it! Are there any other products anyone swears by? They are pretty expensive, would love some recommendations before I go off on an expensive taste-testing journey!
Stacey look for the thread that is about Good and Bad Products here on the Mediweightloss section. There are a lot of suggestions, and opinions about products that fit with the Medi lifestyle

Keri, I would have had a BIG smile too! It's wonderful when people notice. I've run across several "friends" who I know have noticed but it's like they refuse to say anything......oh well, I KNOW I look much better! That's all that really matters!
Old 08-20-2010, 07:25 PM   #275
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary T8M View Post
Stacey look for the thread that is about Good and Bad Products here on the Mediweightloss section. There are a lot of suggestions, and opinions about products that fit with the Medi lifestyle

Keri, I would have had a BIG smile too! It's wonderful when people notice. I've run across several "friends" who I know have noticed but it's like they refuse to say anything......oh well, I KNOW I look much better! That's all that really matters!
Mary - When you see them look you up and down several times, then they just open their mouth as if they are going to say something...then close it. You just want to say in a friendly voice with a nice, big smile "Yes - I have lost a lot of weight, thanks for noticing."

Lins - Woo-hoo!!! You are so going to make your goal! And by the way, when I walked tonight I was thinking about you and how you can run THAT far....and just so you know, I'm jealous!
Old 08-20-2010, 08:12 PM   #276
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
I missed my run tonight due to another HORRIBLE storm. We were without power last night from 8 pm to 1 am, and it got hot and sticky in our house before the power finally came back on the and A/C kicked on. So far tonight we've just had that nasty storm, and kept our power. Thankfully!

I tried on my pair of size 16 pants on tonight. I wore them this spring and they were super tight on me. They would leave marks on my tummy when I sat down in them for very long. Now they are so big on me they look like clown pants. Seriously. I can't belive i have dropped 5 sizes. And now that I am only 7lbs away from my second goal weight I am even thinking that it's not going to be low enough. I am only 5'1 and all of my fat is in my legs except a tiny little bit in my lower belly (I've had 3 kids). I really want my legs to be thinner. I know they won't be perfect, but I don't want them to touch. So we'll see what I feel like when I get to 125, but I am thinking maybe 115-120.
Old 08-21-2010, 11:05 AM   #277
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
Yestereday, on the anniversary of reaching my goal weight, I tried on the pants I wore to my first appointment. Both legs fit in one leg of those pants. WOW!!! Definitely have toned up those legs since this time last year!

Jo
Old 08-21-2010, 11:43 AM   #278
Senior LCF Member

That's amazing Jo. How many sizes did you drop?
Old 08-21-2010, 12:11 PM   #279
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert-Rose7 View Post
Yestereday, on the anniversary of reaching my goal weight, I tried on the pants I wore to my first appointment. Both legs fit in one leg of those pants. WOW!!! Definitely have toned up those legs since this time last year!

Jo
How VERY cool!! Congratulation!
Old 08-21-2010, 12:25 PM   #280
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
I began at size 20 and ended at 8/10 depending on the brand.

Jo
Old 08-22-2010, 06:32 AM   #281
Senior LCF Member

YUCK! I have a handful of potato chips last night at a Family Dinner Night. Everything else was medi friendly, and I seriously only had about 10 chips, my weight was the same this morning, but I am SOOOOO bloated. My fingers are even puffy. I can't belive how much I was effected by 10 chips. It so wasn't worth it. I actually kind of like it when I eat something off plan and it has a negative effect on me because it's just reinforces that this plan does work. I will be downing the water today for sure.
Old 08-22-2010, 09:33 AM   #282
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Charlene4
Stats: 154.5/135/135
WOE: vegan/vegetarian
Start Date: June 7,2010
As if I wasn't "scared" enough of being able to maintain my weight once I reach my goal.....I saw a friend this weekend who is actually one of the people who turned me on to Medi in the first place. She had lost a bunch of weight (like 60-80 pounds, not exactly sure) in what seemed like only a few months. She was looking great and then I went awhile without seeing her (2-3 months max) and it seems like she has gained back all the weight. I didn't really wanna bring it up cause she was eating junk in front of me so I kinda assumed she didn't really care. Anyway....I know she still works out all the time and stuff....hopefully she gained it back because she is (as I witnessed) making poor food choices. One of my main concerns is that once I hit my goal and only go to the clinic once a month...that, as soon as I add back carbs and minimal amounts of sugars that I will balloon back up. This freaks me out because it seems I (and apparently others from what I've read here) bloat up at the mere thought of something that is not in our strict guidelines. I just had to share that and get it off my chest. I kinda wanted to ask her what was going on but she wasn't in a good mood anyway and I didn't know how to say it/ask....

Oh yeah...almost forgot. I have a "faux tanita" scale that I bought at Bed, Bath and Beyond like a year ago. It supposedly measures body fat and water and of course, weight. Well, it pretty much matches what the medi scales tell me but...I have noticed that the body fat goes up and down about 3 percent even in the same day. The reason I noticed this is because I was trying to figure out what my weight differences are throughout the day on Friday. I weighed in the morning and two different time midday and once in the evening. The body fat readings were different every time by as much as 3 percent. Usually, the only time I use it is when I get home from my Medi appts to compare my scale to theirs.

maintenance

Last edited by Charlene4; 08-22-2010 at 09:37 AM.. Reason: added something
Old 08-22-2010, 01:13 PM   #283
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dodgern
Stats: 236/150.6/140- now on maintenance
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 2/26/09
Hey Charlene:

Just to let you know that my first year of maintaining is almost up and I haven't gained any back. However,it's because I still follow MWL acute phase in a bigger way I know this sounds weird BUT I still eat mostly lean proteins,fruit and veggies. I do allow myself some carbs-LOVE those sweet potato fries But when I eat those, I plan my day...as in I eat mostly protein like an omelette or eggs and turkey sausage with a small bowl of fruit. Lunch would be a protein bar (I eat Pure Protein peanut butter bars mostly because they have lower carbs). I would snack on almonds or some low fat cheese (Cabot 75% less fat). Dinner would be my protein with a salad and those yummy fries with ranch dressing to dip them in...my mouth is watering Then I share an apple with my hubby for dessert!
I found out that for me to maintain, I have to keep my carbs low and exercise. It's something I've gotten used to and, if I want something that I don't normally eat such as a small piece of cake or something that's really chocolate (the cocoa roasted almonds don't do it for me all the time!), then I really watch my carb intake for the next few days.
I weigh myself everyday and when the scale creeps up too close to 140, I back off the carbs and exercise more.

So....take from this what you want BUT the whole idea is to know thyself
Know what causes you to gain weight,know what your body likes you to do, and KNOW what your triggers are that make you eat stuff that you know you shouldn't!!!!!

cindy
Old 08-22-2010, 01:15 PM   #284
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert-Rose7 View Post

Jo
LOL!!!!

I used my pair of pants in a commercial for MWL here in Charlotte. You should have seen the look on the producer's face when I held them up in front of me!
I can fit into half of them too

cindy
Old 08-22-2010, 01:39 PM   #285
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nsjx
Stats: 203.5/159/159 - maintenance
WOE: medi
Start Date: April 17, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgern View Post
Hey Charlene:

Just to let you know that my first year of maintaining is almost up and I haven't gained any back. However,it's because I still follow MWL acute phase in a bigger way I know this sounds weird BUT I still eat mostly lean proteins,fruit and veggies. I do allow myself some carbs-LOVE those sweet potato fries But when I eat those, I plan my day...as in I eat mostly protein like an omelette or eggs and turkey sausage with a small bowl of fruit. Lunch would be a protein bar (I eat Pure Protein peanut butter bars mostly because they have lower carbs). I would snack on almonds or some low fat cheese (Cabot 75% less fat). Dinner would be my protein with a salad and those yummy fries with ranch dressing to dip them in...my mouth is watering Then I share an apple with my hubby for dessert!
I found out that for me to maintain, I have to keep my carbs low and exercise. It's something I've gotten used to and, if I want something that I don't normally eat such as a small piece of cake or something that's really chocolate (the cocoa roasted almonds don't do it for me all the time!), then I really watch my carb intake for the next few days.
I weigh myself everyday and when the scale creeps up too close to 140, I back off the carbs and exercise more.

So....take from this what you want BUT the whole idea is to know thyself
Know what causes you to gain weight,know what your body likes you to do, and KNOW what your triggers are that make you eat stuff that you know you shouldn't!!!!!

cindy
Cindy, this is great. As I get closer to maintenance I was thinking of doing the same thing. I have been doing medi on my own so what you just wrote really helped me because this board is and has been my guide. It's working.
Old 08-22-2010, 05:40 PM   #286
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Nance7
Stats: 5'3" 165/125/135 Restart 7/9/12 at 142
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 5/31/2010
Whew! Haven't been on for a few days. Just survived a major challenge, food-wise. I was in charge of the hospitality suite for a large fundraiser/party weekend. This involved soliciting donations of food, buying food, serving food, replenishing food, looking at and smelling food, watching others enjoy food--all of which I couldn't have. This included a room full of: chips/dips of every description, cookies, brownies, homemade gorgeous cupcakes and cookie creations, breakfast breads, muffins, bagels, cheeseburgers, cakes, barbecue, baked beans, subs, cole slaw, potato salad, etc.--you get the picture. There was also free-flowing alcohol. I think that, if anything, I didn't eat enough, out of fear. Anyway, I survived, stayed on plan, everyone had a fabulous time (this was a Parrot Head function with 7 bands, 250-300 people from all over the country, to raise $$ for charity, at a local hotel where everybody stays for the entire weekend), and I am beat! We were able to donate leftover lunch food on Sat. (the whole BBQ lunch) to a local homeless shelter; we donated all unopened snacks to the VA; we collected food items for our local Food Bank; we raised lots of $$ for Children's Hospital and the Alzheimer's Association. Had a great time, but SO glad it's over! Missed "talking" with all of you and will try to catch up.
Old 08-22-2010, 06:27 PM   #287
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tydreamer
Start Date: 2/10/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlene4 View Post
As if I wasn't "scared" enough of being able to maintain my weight once I reach my goal.....I saw a friend this weekend who is actually one of the people who turned me on to Medi in the first place. She had lost a bunch of weight (like 60-80 pounds, not exactly sure) in what seemed like only a few months. She was looking great and then I went awhile without seeing her (2-3 months max) and it seems like she has gained back all the weight. I didn't really wanna bring it up cause she was eating junk in front of me so I kinda assumed she didn't really care. Anyway....I know she still works out all the time and stuff....hopefully she gained it back because she is (as I witnessed) making poor food choices. One of my main concerns is that once I hit my goal and only go to the clinic once a month...that, as soon as I add back carbs and minimal amounts of sugars that I will balloon back up. This freaks me out because it seems I (and apparently others from what I've read here) bloat up at the mere thought of something that is not in our strict guidelines. I just had to share that and get it off my chest. I kinda wanted to ask her what was going on but she wasn't in a good mood anyway and I didn't know how to say it/ask....
I'm still really struggling too - in my head mostly. I've added things back in, but it's so hard to monitor. As you ALL know, I overdo the peanut butter and almonds at almost every sitting, so I stopped buying it. I have one jar of peanut butter left and I'm still eating it like crazy. I won't buy the almonds or sunflower seeds anymore. I'm supposed to be at 1,000 calories a day right now in transition but I'm all over the board. One day I was at 450 because I'm afraid of going over so was able to control it that day. Another day was like 2,300 calories. Those are the days that are killing me. Again - almost all "legal" foods, just too many calories, but I have also had a handful of jelly beans a couple of different times, Chex mix here and there. I'm not sure if it's the carbs in those foods that are making me want MORE carbs or what, but I'm really struggling. Oh, and my weight has been all over the place too. From the 144.8 goal, it's been up (at home) by three pounds and down by two. I don't feel that I'm being as strict as I should be and miss the acute phase. It's like there's no happy medium for me.
Old 08-23-2010, 06:24 AM   #288
Senior LCF Member

I took my older two kids to their first day of school today. So it's just me and the 2 yr old at home now. I am not an emotional first day of school mom so that won't be a problem for me. The problem is that TOM should be here tomorrow so I am having craving like crazy, plus I was up 1.5lb this morning, which I am sure is do to water/TOM. I havent' been taking an AS, but I did go ahead and take on this morning, hopefully that will keep me from wanting to snack all day. I am determined to make it through this TOM week, with good numbers. I only have 3lbs to lose to hit 129...
Old 08-23-2010, 08:04 AM   #289
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by tydreamer View Post
I don't feel that I'm being as strict as I should be and miss the acute phase. It's like there's no happy medium for me.
I just pm'd you, Lea, and then saw this. Just know that that is part of the short term maintenance phase. This is a NORMAL way of thinking right now. We lose weight so very quickly and it's terrifying being in transition! I have days where I really miss the control of the acute phase as well. In time, you'll become less preoccupied with losing / maintaining and be a bit more laid back. Not TOO much though... like me lately. I'm up 5 lbs from Friday and it's no mystery why. Terrible choices and way too many. But guess what... we are human and this is a LEARNING PROCESS from day 1. I have always said maintenance is so much harder but honestly, it's way easier. It's just TRICKIER. Keep tracking, exercise, eat your calories (stop skimping), drink your water. One day at a time, friend. You WILL do this!!!

In Wellness as of 6/4/2010!
Old 08-23-2010, 08:17 AM   #290
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: barrister7
Stats: 5'7" -175/148/140
Start Date: August 18, 2010
Am I counting calories correctly?

I'm new to MWL - joined last Wednesday. Feeling like I'm losing weight, but all of a sudden think that I'm counting calories wrong. I have been eating between 600-700 total calories (of high protein vegetarian foods) and keeping the carb count between 20-25 as advised by the clinic. Should I be counting protein specifically - for instance if I eat something that is 80 calories with 8 grams of protein, is that 80 calories toward by daily total or is that 32 calories? Have been following you all for the past several days before joining - thanks for the inspiration!
Old 08-23-2010, 09:32 AM   #291
Senior LCF Member

Posted this in the before/after area but this way is a bit more streamlined. Wanted to share!

First was in December on our cruise. Second is after I was on Medi and lost 20 lbs. You can't even tell! Then the last 2 are just this past week. Trying on my first ever size 2 pair of jeans. Then me at my studio open house. (I'm on the right in the white shirt.) It takes a lot for me to post the before pictures. I have NONE of myself anywhere. Being a photographer has it's advantages - I can stay behind the camera.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg before-after.jpg (43.4 KB, 35 views)
Old 08-23-2010, 09:34 AM   #292
Senior LCF Member

Had my weigh-in this morning, down 2.7 more. That means I need to lose 2.2 lbs next week to hit my goal of 60 lbs lost before older daughter starts Kindergarten!! (Lins - soon you and I will both be home with just 2 year olds...I hope mine likes spending time in her stroller, because I plan on getting all my walks in while the oldest is at school!)

I went through old photo albums with my oldest yesterday (it was a yucky, rainy day and she wanted to see her baby pictures). First, I was saddened by how few pictures there are of me with the kids - I am always the one hiding behind the camera (because I hate how I look in a picture, so even if someone does take one of me - it never makes it in the albums!). Then, I got really upset at how miserably sad the person I did see in some pictures was. That fat girl looks really really miserable - and I know her life isn't miserable, because its the same life I have now!!!

I am nervous this week though - we are going away Thurs-Sun. to NH for a last summer getaway with the kids. This is the 1st time I've traveled while on Medi, but we do NH every summer (if not a few times a year) and our trips basically revolve around where to eat. We always do StoryLand, but on the way home we stop at the Cider Mill for cider doughnuts. Then, another day we do mini-golf - but always get ice cream across the street. In the past, I could have outlined our entire menu for the weekend because we always hit our favorite restaurants. This time it will be different - it just makes me nervous. I can do it, and I will do it. My biggest worry is getting my walks in - DH likes to tell me that we'll be walking around all day places, but to me that doesn't count as my exercise. Plus, we come home Sunday night and I weigh in on Monday morning - so I will be totally accountable for my choices, there's no time to "fix" them!

Over 100lbs. GONE FOREVER
Thanks to MWL!
8 months to Wellness....5/11/10 - 1/11/11
Old 08-23-2010, 09:43 AM   #293
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eptexy View Post
Posted this in the before/after area but this way is a bit more streamlined. Wanted to share!

First was in December on our cruise. Second is after I was on Medi and lost 20 lbs. You can't even tell! Then the last 2 are just this past week. Trying on my first ever size 2 pair of jeans. Then me at my studio open house. (I'm on the right in the white shirt.) It takes a lot for me to post the before pictures. I have NONE of myself anywhere. Being a photographer has it's advantages - I can stay behind the camera.
OMG, you look incredible!!! How often do you work out? Even though I know better than to compare myself, I am wanting to get to a size 4 (one size smaller than I am now) and I feel like since I am about 2 inches tall than you that would make me about the same "size" if that makes sense. You look so good!!
Old 08-23-2010, 10:00 AM   #294
Senior LCF Member

Thank you, Char! I'm not working out right now. Sad and pathetic, I KNOW. This summer has been really difficult for me scheduling-wise but it's only an excuse. Now that school is starting, I'm going to fix that. My energy has been affected by the time off and I would really like to tone up. I was doing so well before. My normal routine is to work out 4 days a week. Some kind of cardio (whether it's a class or walking on the treadmill) then some weights. Nothing extreme at all. I've had to adjust my calorie intake accordingly since I'm not exercising. I think exercise is so key in maintenance. Gives you a lot more wiggle room calorie-wise!
Old 08-23-2010, 11:06 AM   #295
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eptexy View Post
Thank you, Char! I'm not working out right now. Sad and pathetic, I KNOW. This summer has been really difficult for me scheduling-wise but it's only an excuse. Now that school is starting, I'm going to fix that. My energy has been affected by the time off and I would really like to tone up. I was doing so well before. My normal routine is to work out 4 days a week. Some kind of cardio (whether it's a class or walking on the treadmill) then some weights. Nothing extreme at all. I've had to adjust my calorie intake accordingly since I'm not exercising. I think exercise is so key in maintenance. Gives you a lot more wiggle room calorie-wise!

Ahhh, that makes me feel more positive about the future. I workout 5-6 days a week right now and really enjoy it...plus it's easy for me because we have an entire room of the house dedicated to fitness equipment...I dusted it off and use it again now that I'm on this plan. I like to think I will be able to make good food choices since I used to be fine with all that. Seeing a positive story and someone that looks as good as you do is so awesome. I mean, you look HOT in those size 2's!
Old 08-23-2010, 02:15 PM   #296
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: barrister7
Stats: 5'7" -175/148/140
Start Date: August 18, 2010
Any vegetarians doing MWL?

I would love to hear from anyone following Medi who is a vegetarian. I've been eating egg whites, veggie meats, and cottage cheese this first week, but would like to see what others are doing as well. Have my first weigh-in this coming Wednesday - wish me luck!
Old 08-23-2010, 02:58 PM   #297
Senior LCF Member

Wanted to share the conversation I just had with my almost 5-yr old daughter....over the weekend she asked several times for pizza to eat, so today when grocery shopping I bought stuff to make pizza at home (just dough, sauce, cheese...she's very plain!). While the girls were playing, I made them pizza and todl them to come sit to eat because the pizza was ready. She says "But Mommy, I didn't hear anyone at the door". I just kind of looked at her and she then explains "I didn't want your kind of pizza - I wanted the kind we used to have all the time, you know - the kind that the man brings in the big white box". Ok - so apparently she is craving some good ol' pizza.....guess Daddy can bring them for some for lunch this coming weekend, don't think I could handle the temptation of bringing it in the house! Just thought it was cute!
Old 08-23-2010, 03:29 PM   #298
Senior LCF Member

LOL Keri.....

I was thinking the other day that our Papa Johns is probably thinking that we moved!!!!

I haven't had pizza in such a longgggg time (other than when we were in Upstate NY- they make a chicken spiedie pizza that is soooo good I couldn't resist having 2 pieces mmmmmmm) I'm thinking thin crust would be the way to go ONLY IF you're in maintenance though!!!!!

cindy
Old 08-23-2010, 04:52 PM   #299
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnK
Stats: 5'2" 133/133/115
Start Date: 7/22/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrister7 View Post
I would love to hear from anyone following Medi who is a vegetarian. I've been eating egg whites, veggie meats, and cottage cheese this first week, but would like to see what others are doing as well. Have my first weigh-in this coming Wednesday - wish me luck!
barrister! I'm not a vegetarian, but my clinic seems very helpful in that regard. The NP asked me on my 1st visit if I was a veg, and did have some sample foods & menus. Hopefully you can get helpful ideas from your clinic, and even more on one or more of our threads here. Best of luck to you & keep us informed of what you learn ~ you can do this!!
Old 08-23-2010, 05:05 PM   #300
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrister7 View Post
I am vegetarian. I have been on the program for just over 2 months. I didn't expect to lose quite as quickly as "meat eaters" because with our choices we HAVE to consume more carbs than if we ate meat.....there's not as many option that are zero or super low carb. My clinic seems pretty pleased with my results so far. I don't think too many vegetarians try this program. Now, I have to say...I was vegetarian with some vegan tendencies before I started this program and have been a little more lax for the sake of weight loss. I still don't eat any meat or meat broths, fish, etc but I DO eat the carbmaster yogurt which contains gelatin. I wouldn't have done that before this plan. I do intend to stop eating it once I reach goal. I have been vegetarian for 16 years (3 years vegan before I couldn't afford to be vegan anymore). What you're eating seems pretty similar to what I eat. I eat a lot of egg beaters egg whites, fat free cheddar cheese, string cheese, cottage cheese, protein pancake, other protein powder mystery recipes, "meatless products". My favorite low carb meatless things are Quorn Naked Chikn cutlets, Morningstar original Vegan patties, Yves Veggie dogs (the small, not the jumbo) and Boca grounds. I searched for someone else who was veg when I started too and it's hard to find. Good luck!!!
Closed Thread