Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2010, 09:08 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Friendly1
Stats: 228/220/150
WOE: Medi
Start Date: July 19, 2010
Can't get into ketosis???

For some reason, whenever I do my ketone test, it is always negative. I have been following the plan to a T, yet I never get a reading on that stick! Anybody else have this problem? I've been doing this a week and have lost 8 lbs.
Friendly1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2010, 09:41 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
Take a look at the thread below, it has just about everything you will ever want to know about ketosis:

Ketosis

Jo
Desert-Rose7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:24 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friendly1 View Post
For some reason, whenever I do my ketone test, it is always negative. I have been following the plan to a T, yet I never get a reading on that stick! Anybody else have this problem? I've been doing this a week and have lost 8 lbs.
First let me welcome you to this BB. I Second that you should read the link about ketosis, as well as the week 1 thread.
I will tell you that my husband has NEVER shown that he was in Ketosis and yet he has lost 51 pounds so far in 10 weeks! As an RN I know that we were taught that IF you cut your calories way back (like we do on Medi) that for some people the ketones are used for energy, so are not available to make the dip stick react. That is especially true if you are excercising on top of reducing calories dramatically.
We also had one bottle of the urine test strips that "went bad" (probably from not having the lid on tight and from keeping them in the bathroom) Ask your clinic to check your urine with one of their test strips at the same time as you test with one of yours.
You only need to check once a day......best time is in the AM before you eat or drink anything.
Finally, We used to live in VanCleave, and moved prior to Katrina! We haven't been back since as I didn't think I could stand to see what all was lost. I used to work at Ocean Springs Hospital! Small world

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford
Mary T8M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:06 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Charlene4
Stats: 154.5/135/135
WOE: vegan/vegetarian
Start Date: June 7,2010
the ketosis thread is very helpful. Those whole ketosis thing is frustrating and can make you crazy. Don't let it bother you if you are losing weight. I was always in moderate ketosis until almost two weeks ago...when suddenly, it's always negative...but I'm still losing so I'm starting to come to terms with it. Keep up the good work.
Charlene4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:18 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: porcupine73
Stats: 208/152/150, male 5'9", 39 y/o
WOE: Cure Tooth Decay, no snacks,slow burn weights+HIIT
Start Date: January 2010
In the Atkins '72 book the Dr. mentions that the strips did not work at all for about 10% of people, yet they still lost pounds and inches just fine.
porcupine73 is offline   Reply With Quote