Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2010, 05:50 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: trxoxo
Stats: 225/152/140
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 05/2009
Fell off the Medi wagon & sooo upset w/ myself!!!!

Hi everyone,

I joined this forum long ago....spent a lot of time reading personal stories of successes & failures, all while I was doing fantastic on the Medi program! I never commented...just laid low, got the support I needed from all the inspirational stories here But now I AM writing because I'm @/in a place I NEVER thought I'd be again! I am so damn mad at myself & wish w/ all my heart that I could just go back in time to just 4 months ago....I was @ my lowest weight I have been @ in like almost 15+ years!!!!! I started @ 225 (size 18/20 ) & had lost 73 lbs. in 7 months...down to 152 ( size 7/9) & felt fantastic!!!!! WHY THEN DID I SUDDENLY LET IT ALL START SLIPPING AWAY??????!!!!!!! Now 4 months have gone by since I allowed myself to get side tracked off the program & I have gained back 30 lbs. I have tried several times to get back on track & it still hasn't happened...I'm at such a loss as to how I would work so hard & inspire several of my friends to join & succeed w/ the program & then let my worst nightmare happen!!!! I've seen how many have commented that they have gone through a similar cycle as well, but I just told myself that once I lost the weight, the LAST thing on earth I would do would be to allow myself to ever gain the weight back!!!! I was within 12 lbs of my original goal...I had people telling me how great I looked & telling me I didn't need to lose anymore weight....HOW DO I FORGIVE MYSELF & GET THE "REAL" ME BACK AGAIN W/OUT THE FEAR OF THIS HAPPENING AGAIN??? I know it's a life long change & I'm ok w/ that....Food isn't my enemy, I'M THE ENEMY!!!

Sorry if I rambled...I new @ all this:blush: I value everyone's opinion & think maybe there's something I'm not seeing in myself....

Thanks so much for listening-xoxo

P.S. I started today back on just protein!
trxoxo is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2010, 06:11 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Nance7
Stats: 5'3" 165/125/135 Restart 7/9/12 at 142
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 5/31/2010
Trxoxo, look at what you've done by just coming here, pouring out your story, and getting yourself back on protein. I really feel your misery. You have to forgive yourself (just do it!) and get yourself back into acute, just as you have done. I see this as a gigantic test, followed by a gigantic lesson: you saw what happened when you lost the control you had, and you have the tools to get yourself right back where you were. You already know that you can do this. By coming here and getting yourself going again, you've made big strides towards getting back there.

Everybody here knows about the struggle with food addictions, or we wouldn't be here. I posted a couple of nights ago something that kind of keeps me going: What helps me is to realize that, no matter how much I could have of the foods that I love, it will never be enough. I could eat an entire vat of ice cream, a store full of cookies, etc., and I would still want more. Somehow, that keeps me from getting started.

Can you get back to a Medi clinic? The injections, appetite suppressants and supplements might help you right now.

You have come to the right place. Just keep checking in, posting, and we will try to help you. We're all struggling. Just think of the encouragement you'll be able to give to others who struggle, just as you have. back. Be kind to yourself.
Nance7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 06:27 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tydreamer
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 2/10/10
I had one of my worst days EVER in my food addiction life just a couple of days ago. There's a whole slew of emails from me regarding my issues and frustations and an OUTPOURING of support from all my Medi friends!!! I can SO relate to what you're feeling. But you're back. You're here. And you know what you need to do. Start with forgiving yourself. Please. This is truly my biggest obstacle. We can repair any damage done regarding the weight loss, but the damage we do to ourselves with our inability to forgive and move on can truly destroy us.

Welcome back.
Old 07-24-2010, 02:23 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: trxoxo
Stats: 225/152/140
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 05/2009
Nance & Lea, thank you so much for your encouraging words & support...it really does make a difference to help get me through another day!!! I will be calling my Medi Monday morning to get back in on my supplements & shots etc., which I think I really NEED right now...the more structure, the better! I am dreading my weight in, but then the worst part will be over & I can look forward to moving in the right direction again I guess I need to realize it's okay for me to be selfish...Thanks again for the welcome, I definitely will keep in touch!
trxoxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 02:48 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trxoxo View Post
Nance & Lea, thank you so much for your encouraging words & support...it really does make a difference to help get me through another day!!! I will be calling my Medi Monday morning to get back in on my supplements & shots etc., which I think I really NEED right now...the more structure, the better! I am dreading my weight in, but then the worst part will be over & I can look forward to moving in the right direction again I guess I need to realize it's okay for me to be selfish...Thanks again for the welcome, I definitely will keep in touch!
Oh, yes, be selfish. Only by taking care of yourself and your health can you be around, feeling good, for everybody else. Just look the other way when you get on the scale. You're going to feel so good, being back in control. Come on over to the July thread, and please keep us posted.
Old 07-24-2010, 02:58 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tydreamer
Start Date: 2/10/10
Yes, come on over to the July thread!! There's a whole bunch more just like us over there. We feel you, we got you, we're here!!
tydreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 07:39 AM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Hoolie24
Stats: 215/203/160
Start Date: July 2010
Glad I found this post

I am so glad I found this post! I have been doing MWL for only 3 weeks and fell off the wagon this past week. I had some oral surgery done and it seemed the only thing that satisfied me was mashed potatoes and mac & cheese. I became frustrated so went 5 more days eating whatever I wanted, and of course, gained 3.5 pounds back of the 15 I had just lost. ARGH! I was ready to quit and give up, but since I found this post, I am now ready to get back on track. Thanks for sharing your stories.
Hoolie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 07:56 AM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CT Buckeye
Stats: 251/206/195
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 6/22/2010
I, too, have fallen off...

I just sent 5 days in Maine (lobster!) on vacation with my wife and little girl (who turned 5) and then had to leave early to attend a funeral in Ohio. Needless to say, I watched carbs for a few days but didn't for the later half of the week. I don't know how much I gained (probably a lot of water), but am confident I will be back on, starting today!

It's a horrible mind set we get into when we think "oh well, I'm not going to get monitored for a couple of weeks, so I'll just eat what I want for a few days." I'm determined to pick up where I left off and continue to have success on MWL and have (re)started today!
CT Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 06:29 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Hoolie24 and CT Buckeye, you will be fine, because you have the tools to get back to where you want to be, AND you have this board for all the support you could ever want.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:28 PM   #10
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ashleybashly
Stats: 162/146/126
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: May 2009
I actually did the same thing. I was down to 130 from 162 and feeling really good about it. But then one of my animals died, we moved, my roommate moved here and moved back out quickly, and ten thousand other things from the beginning of the year up until now. And now, I'm right back where I started. I've finally decided I'm sick of it and I'm going to forgive myself & start again. This time I'll keep it off!! Good luck !!
ashleybashly is offline   Reply With Quote