Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2010, 07:55 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: eternalflame29
Stats: 271.5/271.5/160
Start Date: August 2,2010
Tried everything now I'm going to do Medi Weight Loss.

Hello everybody!

My name is Lisa and I'm 28 years old and weigh 273 pounds. For the past six years I have been yo-yoing and I have tried every thing imaginable. I have tried Jenny Craig, Weight Watchers, La Weight Loss, Alli..just to name a few.

I was actually supposed to go to a seminar on weight loss surgery today. I canceled a couple of days ago. By fluke when I was looking up weight loss camps I came across the Medi Weight loss site. I realized you can spend thousands of dollars on camps and surgery and not get good results at the end.
I called up the local Medi place and what i loved most was just from talking to them on the phone. There was no pressure, they described the prices and everything full just by talking to them, they also seemed very friendly.

I can't start medi until August for financial reasons. I am looking foreword to it! I'm happy I found a forum on it.

Lisa
eternalflame29 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2010, 01:51 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalflame29 View Post
Hello everybody!

My name is Lisa and I'm 28 years old and weigh 273 pounds. For the past six years I have been yo-yoing and I have tried every thing imaginable. I have tried Jenny Craig, Weight Watchers, La Weight Loss, Alli..just to name a few.

I was actually supposed to go to a seminar on weight loss surgery today. I canceled a couple of days ago. By fluke when I was looking up weight loss camps I came across the Medi Weight loss site. I realized you can spend thousands of dollars on camps and surgery and not get good results at the end.
I called up the local Medi place and what i loved most was just from talking to them on the phone. There was no pressure, they described the prices and everything full just by talking to them, they also seemed very friendly.

I can't start medi until August for financial reasons. I am looking foreword to it! I'm happy I found a forum on it.

Lisa
Hi Lisa,
Welcome! My husband and I were ready to have lapband surgery prior to finding a co-worker who had lost about 60 pounds and was still losing. She told my husband about Medi weightloss. We made appointments and got started. While at the center we met a woman who had had the lapband surgery but only lost some of her weight, so was now at Medi!
I have to say that for the first time my husband is truly comitted to losing weight (he wants to lose AT LEAST 110 pounds). This time he is following the plan to a 'T' instead of always looking for a way "around" the plan! We are walking and or swimming every day! The results are great! We both noticed that the last time we wore these clothes we weighed much LESS than we do now.
This forum is a wonderful support, and a great place to find recipes!

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford
Mary T8M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 02:08 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
Hello Lisa! And welcome to the group! Hurray - another person from Phoenix AZ! I go to the Scottsdale clinic. Which one wlll you be going to?

Take a peek at the main MWL website as there is a wealth of info there for you.

Medical Weight Loss Clinic - Physician-Supervised Weight Loss - Medi-Weightloss Clinics

And get yourself comfortable with the Newbie Thread as there is a ton of good tips there too for you.

Welcome Newbies! Helpful info for week 1.

And of course our monthly threads offer support, encouragement and more!

*~* Jazzed Up July with MWL *~*

And be sure to put your stats up in your profile so that we can follow your success with you!

Good luck!

Jo
Old 07-23-2010, 02:55 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: eternalflame29
Stats: 271.5/271.5/160
Start Date: August 2,2010
Thank you all! :-)

It's nice to have a warm greeting. I will be starting August 2,2010. Excited!!

I will be going to the Surprise Clinic.

Whew I'm glad I opted out of the surgery after reading this.

Lisa
eternalflame29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 04:39 PM   #5

Gallery: ravenrose
Stats: lost 130 lb so far, and miles to go before I sleep
WOE: low carb controlled calorie
Start Date: June, 2009
I hope your list of "everything" includes a serious attempt at Atkins induction, with no cheats, for at least two weeks! I don't really know about Medi, but if you came in here you probably saw our thread that the low carb people on here, just the ones who posted in the last month and a half or so, have lost a total of over 16,000 lb. It works for a lot of us!

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with Medi, just that it seems logical to try the easier and cheaper way first. Good luck whatever you decide to do.

Last edited by ravenrose; 07-23-2010 at 04:40 PM..
ravenrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 05:01 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MortNuke
Stats: 5"10" 213/190/190;
WOE: Clean Eating / P90X
Start Date: 2009
Heck, you could begin Induction today? Just Google "Rules of Induction" and get started while you learn the whole plan. Why not?

Mort
MortNuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 06:41 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Charlene4
Stats: 154.5/135/135
WOE: vegan/vegetarian
Start Date: June 7,2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenrose View Post
I hope your list of "everything" includes a serious attempt at Atkins induction, with no cheats, for at least two weeks! I don't really know about Medi, but if you came in here you probably saw our thread that the low carb people on here, just the ones who posted in the last month and a half or so, have lost a total of over 16,000 lb. It works for a lot of us!

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with Medi, just that it seems logical to try the easier and cheaper way first. Good luck whatever you decide to do.
I think some people (including myself) find Medi their best option due to the accountibility. It helps to have someone to officially "report" to. I have dieted my whole life and kept weight off for a long time without help...but as I got a little older and got more responsibility it became harder to motivate myself to stay fit. I have only been on Medi just under two months and I love it. It gives you all the tools you need to be successful, including counseling, nutritional advice, medications if you want/need, supplements and a long term maintenance plan. I know people who have done Atkins and been successful and I also know people who have gained the weight back and ended up with other issues. As with any "diet plan" or livestyle change, everyone has something different that works for them. If will power or emotional eating is the problem, I think Medi is the best choice for long term success. Just my personal opinion.

maintenance
Charlene4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 12:49 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalflame29 View Post
Hello everybody!

Lisa
Welcome Lisa! You will be so happy with your decision to do Medi. I am 30 yrs old and 11 weeks ago weighed 259 lbs. I too had tried EVERYTHING imagineable - all different kinds of programs, owned lots of diet books (from Atkins to South Beach) and even tried hypnosis. I would lose a few pounds and then gain that plus some right back. I was finally ready to lose weight and be healthy. You will learn so much about yourself on Medi - you will learn to recognize the triggers that we all have to turn to food. In 11 weeks I have lost 44 lbs., and it just keeps you motivated to do more. Of course there are your tough moments, but Medi truly teaches you how to pick yourself up and know what to do. Read through a lot of the treads - you'll find some truly inspirational people on this board. It is a phenomenal support system while doing Medi. Good luck to you on this lifelong journey!

Over 100lbs. GONE FOREVER
Thanks to MWL!
8 months to Wellness....5/11/10 - 1/11/11
mommy2princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 04:01 PM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SCOTTSDALEJULIE
Stats: 242/202/145
How much does it cost? JUlie
SCOTTSDALEJULIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 02:03 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Charlene4
Stats: 154.5/135/135
WOE: vegan/vegetarian
Start Date: June 7,2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTTSDALEJULIE View Post
How much does it cost? JUlie
Every clinic varies slightly but I paid 293 for my initial visit, including bloodwork, ekg, supplements, exam, etc and I pay 80 a week for follow ups which includes vitamins and the shots (I get two on my weekly visit and one in between). You can opt out of the second shot and save 10 dollars a week. That also includes the appetite suppressant if you choose to (can) use it. Hope that helps.
Charlene4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 03:56 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Julie~If you are in Scottsdale,give a little call to the Scottsdale clinic.

Scottsdale, Arizona - Physician-Supervised Weight Loss - Medi-Weightloss Clinics

They can give the information.

Jo
Desert-Rose7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 10:02 AM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SCOTTSDALEJULIE
Stats: 242/202/145
Thanks guys. I am redoing induction, so I'll think about it if this isn't good enough. Julie
SCOTTSDALEJULIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 02:23 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jillo
Stats: 247/197/175 5'7"
WOE: MEDI on my own
Start Date: March 2013
I have been on MEDI for the last 4 weeks and (thanks to a $ change in my job) I am leaving the MEDI plan. Over the last 4 weeks, I have lost 21 pounds and I have never felt better. I plan on sticking to the low-carb way of eating until I lose these last 16 pounds.

I found MEDI to be exactly what I needed at the time. It was drastic enough to shock me out of my bad eating patterns. I've never felt more grateful to get to eat zucchini!
The staff at my clinic were supportive and competent and I wrote them a nice Yelp review.
Jillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 05:41 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: suzanna1
Stats: 215/162.5/149 5'8" 38 years old
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinic
Jillo ~ Hopefully you will continue to check in here. Good luck with the last 16 pounds.
suzanna1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 03:44 PM   #15
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Deebert
Stats: 294/183/130
WOE: Medi
Start Date: Feb 2010
So, how about an update! Did you get started? How are you doing?
Deebert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 11:18 AM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Try bringing this discussion over to the monthly thread...you are bound to get more responses there. There are getting to be so many threads to read that it is nearly impossible to get to them all every day. Help, support, encouragement are all there for you in the monthly thread.

*Outstandingly Outrageous October 4 MWL*

Jo
Desert-Rose7 is offline   Reply With Quote