Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2010, 07:53 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Rhodeislander
Stats: 304/270/250 6'2"
WOE: Medi
Start Date: July 10
Anyone else feeling depressed?

Ok day 12. I feel very depressed today, to the point I was very close to leaving my job. Unable to get by small issues, stress doesnt make me angry like before, it depresses me? I dont feel as confident handling issues and people. What is going on?

Next big issue, sex drive is gone. Not slowed, but gone. This is a huge change for me, never thought I would ever feel like this. 2 week appointment tommorrow, I dont know if they can help me with this.

Am I the only one feeling this way?
Rhodeislander is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2010, 08:21 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: suzanna1
Stats: 215/173/149 5'8" 38 years old
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Google "depression and ketosis" and "sex drive and ketosis" and you will get lots of hits, so you definitely aren't alone.

Carbohydrates boost the seratonin level in the brain. That quick mood fix is missing on this plan! Please discuss with the doctor at the clinic. I did find that all of the things that bothered me when I first started the diet (sleeplessness, irritability, moodiness, complete lack of energy) were gone after the first 2 weeks or so. My energy came back and I felt more like myself. I hope you get back to feeling like yourself very soon!
suzanna1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 02:54 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Better today

I had my appointment today. Down 8lbs for week 2.
2 week total is 17lbs.
I feel a little better today, maybe not drinking enough?
Old 07-23-2010, 03:13 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Charlene4
Stats: 154.5/135/135
WOE: vegan/vegetarian
Start Date: June 7,2010
good job!!! Honestly, I haven't had any sexual side effects or "depression" but I have an "out-of-it" feeling sometimes....it might be the AS or something but I just feel in a daze from time to time...not to mention, when I do something, I become a little obsessive about it so it takes over a large part of my life....which is what has happened with this program. I think about what I eat, my exercise, etc, all the time. I'm getting better about spreading myself out though. Sounds like you're doing great.
Charlene4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 04:01 PM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Out if it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlene4 View Post
good job!!! Honestly, I haven't had any sexual side effects or "depression" but I have an "out-of-it" feeling sometimes....it might be the AS or something but I just feel in a daze from time to time...not to mention, when I do something, I become a little obsessive about it so it takes over a large part of my life....which is what has happened with this program. I think about what I eat, my exercise, etc, all the time. I'm getting better about spreading myself out though. Sounds like you're doing great.
I'm with you on the out of it feeling. I have been better the past few days. Eating more vegetables. Sticking to the 800 cal they have me on, which seems very low for my size. I feel much better with just the amount I lost so far. Its been along time since I was in this range.
Best wishes.