Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2010, 05:58 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: tamtam
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 3/19/10
What is my goal weight??

Can anyone direct me to a site that offers recommended weight taking into consideration, height, sex, age. I can't seem to find one and the Medi clinic folks keep asking me what I want my goal weight to be. I really don't know!!!
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
tamtam is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2010, 08:22 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: BostonSue
Stats: 197.7/186.6/169
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 8 August 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamtam View Post
Can anyone direct me to a site that offers recommended weight taking into consideration, height, sex, age. I can't seem to find one and the Medi clinic folks keep asking me what I want my goal weight to be. I really don't know!!!
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
I like this website, because it takes body frame into account:
Ideal Body Weight Calculator - MyDietExercise.com

This website takes into account height, sex, and age according to different calculations:
Better Ideal Weight Body Calculations

But I wouldn't worry too much about the actual goal value - you can always change it. My mom lost weight on medi and felt that she was at a healthy weight before she reached her "goal". On maintenance, she's easily stayed at that weight and feels/looks great. There are also people who meet their original goal and decide they want to lose more weight.

Either way, you'll lose weight with this plan and feel healthier! Good luck.
BostonSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 08:00 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: tamtam
Start Date: 3/19/10
Thank you. I like the Better Ideal Weight Body Calculations site best because it includes age in its formula. I now have a very good idea of my goal.
tamtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 10:46 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Glad it helped. Congrats on 30lb loss so far - looks like you are really on the way to your goal!
Old 07-20-2010, 07:34 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Rhodeislander
Stats: 304/270/250 6'2"
Start Date: July 10
Up to you

I think its what is comfortable for you. I'm happy at 240-250, the charts say I should be 190. Really? I have 9 inch wrists, they are not fat. Everyone is different, what is a comfortable weight for you, that the right weight.
JMHO
Rhodeislander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 01:10 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: May 11, 2010
I liked those website MUCH better than the standard BMI chart. On the BMI, I should be less than 155 lbs to be in the normal range. I've dieted myself to the 140/150's before - size 8 - and it is IMPOSSIBLE to maintain. I was getting up at 4:30 in the morning to run, then going to the gym at night to do another hour of cardio plus weights. That is totally unrealistic for my life now with 2 little ones. I want a healthy weight that I can maintain easily with eating right and exercising 1x/day. I do NOT need to be that skinny to be healthy. I'm hoping for the 160's, a nice size 10. My clinic keeps asking me what my "goal weight" is - and I keep telling them I have no idea. When I can put on size 12's and they get too big - guess I'm about at goal weight!

Over 100lbs. GONE FOREVER
Thanks to MWL!
8 months to Wellness....5/11/10 - 1/11/11
mommy2princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 03:54 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
I'm only 5'1 so the charts all say I should be around 120lbs......that's not going to happen. I'm aiming for 125 right now, but honestly I'd be happy with 129 (in the 120's.....lol). I'm at 139 right now, so that's another 10lbs from now, and I know that I can do that.
lins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 07:33 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Charlene4
Stats: 154.5/135/135
WOE: vegan/vegetarian
Start Date: June 7,2010
this is such a tricky subject, i think. Before I had my son, i was about 138-139 all the time but had lower body fat due to exercising a lot and well, being younger and less lazy. The funny thing is, I'm 139 now....and my body is definately NOT the same as it was before. I can fit into a lot of the same clothes but they fit differently. My original goal was 135 but, like lins, I have changed it since I am so close to goal and can't forsee myself being satisfied with only 4 more pounds. I think that website said my ideal weight was like 129 or so....hopefully I can make that dream a reality!

maintenance
Charlene4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 09:20 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
Those charts are really wonky. For 5'4, some go as low as 111. I would look like a skeleton at that weight! Then another said that less than 130 was UNDER weight. I'm a size 4/6 and that's fine for me. I thought about trying to get down to 120 just to have some wiggle room and because I seriously hate my thighs but eh... forget it. I've spent too much money on designer jeans to have them be too big on me. LOL
eptexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 05:02 AM   #10
Junior LCF Member

I just read an article on finding your perfect goal weight that I thought some of you might enjoy. Their definition is below:

You’re at your ideal body weight when:
- Your weight isn’t causing (or putting you at risk for) any health problems
- Your weight doesn't limit you from living the life you want
- You can accept your body as it is, without feeling uncomfortably self-conscious
- You can enjoy being in your own skin, without worrying too much about how you compare to others (or cultural ideals)

Don't get bored with the 1st part of the article - the 2nd part of the article has really interesting information about body types and the 3rd part gives advice on deciding when your weight loss is "good enough."

Find Your Perfect Weight - Part 1

I'm still a ways from goal, but I think when I get close it will be a lot harder to feel comfortable with my body than it will be to reach the right number. I never thought losing the weight would be the "easy" part, but I realize how much deeper this change is going to have to go. I'm glad that with Medi I will have maintenance and wellness periods to give my mind a chance to catch up with my body! And SO thankful for this supportive community.