Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2010, 07:19 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Jennc143
Stats: 147/135/125
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: June 23, 2010
Hi! Newbie to the board :)

Hi All!

My name is Jenn and I am into my 3rd week of Medi

I seem to have good days and bad days... its not my tummy talking though... its my head wanting what everyone else around me is eating

First week I lost 7.9 pounds... second week I lost 4lbs. I am hoping to lose 20lbs total. I almost packed it up this week and said "no more" because it is getting expensive... but... once that scale went down I decided to keep on going

I am not very creative with my food... I think that is my problem... I ate so much chicken the first week that I can't even look at it right now... so I have been having a salad mid day and for dinner a medi shake... I am usually eating snacks of cheese and egg whites... aaaahhhh... dreaming of the day that I can have (just a small) bowl of Mac and Cheese... (I know.. I will be waiting awhile)

On a good note... I really am not hungry... at all... and I was always hungry... I am a true believer with this program for sure!

Good luck to everyone... this board is keeping me going!
Jennc143 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2010, 07:43 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
Hi there Jenn! Welcome! Stick with it - you are doing great!!! The mind part is truly the biggest challenge for everyone. Medi taught me much more about my addiction to food and the emotional aspect of my eating than any other program!! Keep visiting the forums and keep up the great work!!!
eptexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 08:03 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

thank you so much! i am trying to keep busy and not think about all the junk food that i use to eat i am on the stay slim... and it seems to be working just fine... there are days that i am forcing myself to eat the required 500 calories!
Old 07-10-2010, 08:09 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SLCDragon
Stats: 351/283/225
WOE: Medi
Start Date: May 20 2010
Welcome Jenn! I know exactly what you mean about walking by that(for me it was oreos xD) and keep going by when you really want it haha. Trust me though, it goes away after a month or so. I go out to eat with friends and can watch them eat anything and not crave it. The program gets easier and easier Just give it time.
SLCDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 08:25 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

that is good to know... i find myself having "mac and cheese" meltdowns! and the funny thing is... i wasn't even a big pasta eater before the diet!

just made my menu for the day... it consists of shake... turkey dog... string cheese.. egg whites (egg salad) with miracle whip free... shake for dinner (because i am working)... (although i should throw some veggies in there).. 512 calories and 11 carbs.

my highest carb intake over the weeks was 15 and it didn't knock me out of ketosis... they told me to stay at 20 or under... sooo... i will stay under 15... don't want to press my luck

i need to spice up my menus... pretty soon... eggs are going to be hard to look at!
Old 07-10-2010, 09:00 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
Welcome to the group!

Take a look at the thread below and you will find some great tips and help for working this program.

Welcome Newbies! Helpful info for week 1.

And this is our July thread where you will also find encouragement and support and answers to many of your questions:

*~* Jazzed Up July with MWL *~*

Check out all the recipe threads for meal and food ideas. There is also a thread for any questions or comments on those recipes:

Medi Recipe Question And Comments

...and use the search function too....a whole lot of questions and topics have been covered in the last couple of years.

Jo