Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2010, 07:42 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: FLASH64
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: June 28, 2010
WEEK 2 ADDING VEGS.....already out of ketosis??

With July 4th being celebrated nationally on Monday, I had to weigh in on Tuesday July 5th after a rough first week. I lost 6.2 pounds in the first week and am very happy. I stuck with protein only until today (Wed) because I was given the week 2 diet plan a little late. MY QUESTION IS......I added a total of 1 cup of vegs for the day to my protein for dinner tonight. Earlier I had a 1/2 cup of raspberries as part of my lunch. I tested for ketones tonight and I am hardly registering!!!! I am afraid I have gone out of ketosis!!!! Is this normal? My food for the day: 1/2 cup egg beaters...1 serving string cheese...1/2 c raspberries...1/2 c green beans....1/2 c summer squash...2 oz. of chicken...tons of water. What has happened????
FLASH64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2010, 08:54 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLASH64 View Post
With July 4th being celebrated nationally on Monday, I had to weigh in on Tuesday July 5th after a rough first week. I lost 6.2 pounds in the first week and am very happy. I stuck with protein only until today (Wed) because I was given the week 2 diet plan a little late. MY QUESTION IS......I added a total of 1 cup of vegs for the day to my protein for dinner tonight. Earlier I had a 1/2 cup of raspberries as part of my lunch. I tested for ketones tonight and I am hardly registering!!!! I am afraid I have gone out of ketosis!!!! Is this normal? My food for the day: 1/2 cup egg beaters...1 serving string cheese...1/2 c raspberries...1/2 c green beans....1/2 c summer squash...2 oz. of chicken...tons of water. What has happened????
Test yourself in the morning. The food that you described should not kick you out of ketosis. If you still not registering - I was told that some people never show ketosis when they add veggies or they exercise very hard. I am sticking to the plan and my best is a "trace" - but I am still losing (85 lb total) - so don't get panicky, just monitor and see what happens.

Good luck!
irabeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 07:28 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
I agree to test in the morning. If I test at night I don't always show. Plus if I test in the morning after a hard run the night before I won't test in ketosis either. Lots of things effect your level's not just the foods. Keep following the program to a T and keep testing for ketosis and talk to your clinic next week to see what they say. Don't worry about it yet, it's too early to tell.
lins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 08:13 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
Welcome to the group!

Take a look at the thread noted here and you will find an answer to almost every question you may have about ketosis:

Ketosis

Jo
Desert-Rose7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 09:41 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Mrs. P
Stats: 5'2" 149/139/115
WOE: Medi Weighloss Clinics
Start Date: June 30 2010
Flash 64 I too had the same problem. maybe on the third morning of week two i was barley in Ketosis. I called the clinic and this is what they told me. I may have justed added to many carbs back to soon. Week one was no more then 7 carbs a day. But week two day two and three I had 15 and 16.5 carbs a day. They were the good and approved carbs but my body just I guess could not handle it. So I cut back on the carbs to about 10 a day and am right back in ketosis. I hope this helps I am still in week 2 so please listen to the senior members I am still learning this too, Good Luck
Mrs. P is offline   Reply With Quote