Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2010, 06:25 PM   #241
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SonoRoo
Stats: 5'1" ~ 187.6/162/115
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: May 20, 2010
Made it through the night. He's eating a little now since getting him on the prednisone and iron. Maybe that will keep him at least pain free. He has not vomitted today so that means he is keeping the food and meds down which is good. He is very unsteady on his feet and his hips are jutting out. This will be fast I think, probably by the weekend. It's awful to seeing him wasting away but he looks like he is not in pain and we are just loving him and talking to him as much as we can. He just sleeps most of the day. As long as he is ok he will be kept here and lavished with love.

As far as the weight loss, I am still hovering. I'm going to swim tonight to get in some exercise. He'll come lay by the pool so we can watch him. I'm dreading going to work tomorrow but my mom will be here with him. That's about it, I'm at a loss for words.

Do Over Mini Goal: at or below 160 before May

Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2010, 06:33 PM   #242
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Praying for you Shelley. It's a tough time. He's such a friend, such a loved one. "Lord, I pray that You'll give Shelley discernment about what to do when. If she has to be at work that she'll continue to have peace that her Mom is there. We thank You for pets, thank You that we can learn about unconditional love through their faithfulness to us, thank You for supportive family and friends, thank You we are never truly alone. Amen."
Old 07-13-2010, 06:50 PM   #243
Senior LCF Member

Thank you Debbie. That made me cry, but it helps so much!
Old 07-13-2010, 07:13 PM   #244
Major LCF Poster!

Shelley
Old 07-13-2010, 07:21 PM   #245
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Nance7
Stats: 5'3" 165/125/135 Restart 7/9/12 at 142
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 5/31/2010
Ah, Shelley--I'm so sad for you to be losing your precious doggie. You will know when the time is right to take him, if it comes to that. It's almost as if they tell you when--their last act of love for us. Just be with him as much as you can and love him as you always have. Have you ever read "The Rainbow Bridge"? If not, Google it. Debbie, your prayer is SO beautiful! Thank you for that.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:22 PM   #246
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tydreamer
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 2/10/10
Shelley, hugs and prayers. We just got back from walking our lab and she's puffing and panting in this unbelievable Kansas heat. The kids are changing the water in her pool. I'm thinking of you tonite.

Debbie, you are a beautiful soul. As spiritual as I think I am, I do not believe I have ever said a prayer for others to see/hear and put it all out there like that. I really love that about you.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:55 PM   #247
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Nance7
Stats: 5'3" 165/125/135 Restart 7/9/12 at 142
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 5/31/2010
Shelley, through your sorrow, you have brought out so much love from this fantastic group. See? Another gift your dog has given you and all of us. I am so grateful to have found the kind souls on this board.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:59 PM   #248
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
Shelley my heart and prayers go out to you during this time.

I am a little bit frustrated by how slowly my weight is coming off now. In the last month I've only lost 5lbs, which I know " a loss is a loss" but money is getting really tight, and to only have lost 5lbs hardly seems worth it, but I don't want to quit going. Plus everyone around me says it's because I'm not eatting enough, which I know is not true, but it's still hard. I start second guessing myself. I'm just kind of having a frustrating week.
Old 07-14-2010, 06:42 AM   #249
Senior LCF Member

Lins, I feel you. I'm frustrated too. Wednesdays are my weigh in days but I'm down to going the clinic every other week. This is my off week. However, my scale and the clinic scale are .2 pounds different so I weigh at home anyway. Today I am UP. First time ever on this plan, and tho it's only .2 lbs, it's up. Last week 154.2; this week 154.4. Please tell me this has something to do with the bladder stuff, inflammation, water retention, anything! I was feeling SO CLOSE and now I feel, well, really far away. And I LOOK bigger this week - like my abdomen is really round and full.

This is a day where I wish I was still in bed.
Old 07-14-2010, 06:53 AM   #250
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ortal
Stats: 184/138/120 5'5"
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 4/26/2010
aww Shelly. im praying for you too. This board is so supportive its amazing the power of strangers. I love you all *hugs*.

I feel you guys on the frustration. my weight has slowed, which is cause im closer to goal, and while i keep losing I feel like I could loose 2 lbs a week on my own with these new habits, without paying the 70 dollars a week. Last week I got a script thatll last for two weeks. This will be my first Wednesday night not going and Im a bit nervous because the system has worked so well itll be hard not to track my progress. Its amazing how much my eating habbits and my attitude has changed in the past 10 weeks. I could eat in a day what I now eat in 4.

A loss is a loss, and think of all the gaining we coulda done if we didnt start when we did. I know personally, i am almost never maintaining the same weight. I am either gaining or losing. So I know I not only lost around 40# i stopped myself before I continued to gain. I am terrified of maintenance but excited at the same time.

Take care everyone and again thank you so much for all the amazing support, Erin, Lindsey, Lea, Debbie, Shelly .... everyone else I dont like to come to a lot of people here for support, diet and otherwise, because theyve all seen me diet before theyve all seen me and Tyler fight before and now just roll their eyes and say 'okay ortal...' but yall are amazing.

(//end sappy moment, sorry in a good mood today)

Mini Goal - 130 by 10/30
Ultimate Goal - 120 by the end of the year.
Old 07-14-2010, 06:55 AM   #251
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
I'm sorry you guys are feeling that way. It's frustrating, I KNOW. If it makes you feel better, I had a terrible day yesterday too. We didn't have medi friendly foods in the house and I wasn't able to go to the store until my husband got home that evening. Know what I ate? Cool Whip Free and powdered peanut butter mixed up. And more nuts than I care to count. And hardly any water. I felt so fat and defeated and my pants even fit tighter. Plus I've been sitting... a lot. I hate being tied to a computer.

Today is a new day. I started it off right with a mini session of yoga. Getting up early before the boys is key for me so I can have some Erin time. I've had my yogurt and coffee and I'm revamping my website so being productive should feel good. My goal today is to do a couple of good stints on the treadmill, some ab work, and drink 128 oz. of water. My scale showed 129 this morning so it's definitely not moving in the right direction. I feel so much better at 125 which isn't much lower but I know it may take nearly a month to get back there. I truly don't want to go back to 500 calories again.

In Wellness as of 6/4/2010!
Old 07-14-2010, 07:04 AM   #252
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ortal View Post
aww Shelly. im praying for you too. This board is so supportive its amazing the power of strangers. I love you all *hugs*.

I feel you guys on the frustration. my weight has slowed, which is cause im closer to goal, and while i keep losing I feel like I could loose 2 lbs a week on my own with these new habits, without paying the 70 dollars a week. Last week I got a script thatll last for two weeks. This will be my first Wednesday night not going and Im a bit nervous because the system has worked so well itll be hard not to track my progress. Its amazing how much my eating habbits and my attitude has changed in the past 10 weeks. I could eat in a day what I now eat in 4.

A loss is a loss, and think of all the gaining we coulda done if we didnt start when we did. I know personally, i am almost never maintaining the same weight. I am either gaining or losing. So I know I not only lost around 40# i stopped myself before I continued to gain. I am terrified of maintenance but excited at the same time.

Take care everyone and again thank you so much for all the amazing support, Erin, Lindsey, Lea, Debbie, Shelly .... everyone else I dont like to come to a lot of people here for support, diet and otherwise, because theyve all seen me diet before theyve all seen me and Tyler fight before and now just roll their eyes and say 'okay ortal...' but yall are amazing.

(//end sappy moment, sorry in a good mood today)
Ortal, when you said you were always gaining or losing and never stayed at the same weight - it's exactly ME! I hope Maintenance phase will teach me how to do that. This is a KEY.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:06 AM   #253
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
Praying for you Shelley. It's a tough time. He's such a friend, such a loved one. "Lord, I pray that You'll give Shelley discernment about what to do when. If she has to be at work that she'll continue to have peace that her Mom is there. We thank You for pets, thank You that we can learn about unconditional love through their faithfulness to us, thank You for supportive family and friends, thank You we are never truly alone. Amen."
Amen.

And Shelley, I second the Rainbow Bridge. We are involved with Great Dane rescue and the rescued pups (especially the ones who are adopted later in life) are so very sweet and appreciative. They depend on us so much and it's just incredibly hard to let go. We held onto our Nigella for much longer than we should have and our wonderful vet told us that animals are so much more in touch with death than humans. They are ok with the process and helping them cross that bridge is a gift to them. Just someone telling me that helped me so much because I felt like I was letting her down or giving up since she wasn't passing on her own. I hope you can find peace and joy in the memories.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:07 AM   #254
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by irabeslim View Post
Ortal, when you said you were always gaining or losing and never stayed at the same weight - it's exactly ME!
Me too! I have so much anxiety over gaining weight back because I have never ever ever maintained.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:06 AM   #255
Senior LCF Member

Two things: I have anxiety over regaining weight too. I've lost before and kept it off for years, but when I gain it back, it's that weight PLUS more.

Do you know how many animals I've got waiting for me at the Rainbow Bridge? A lot. All cats and only one dog. Until the one I have now goes there. I can't wait to love and kiss and hug all of them again. I'LL probably be the one coughing up a fur ball then!
Old 07-14-2010, 12:11 PM   #256
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Jeffrey
Stats: 211/170/160 5'9"
Start Date: 5/25/2010
Yesterday was my 7th weigh in. I wasn't expecting much of a loss, if any since I did a lot of exercising this past week. I lost 1lb, but lost 3.5lbs of fat. So it was a good week anyway.

The nutritionist I usually meet with wasn't there so I met with someone I had never even seen in the clinic before. She wanted to move me onto maintenance though I am still 19lbs away from my goal weight. She was very insistent that I really didn't need to lose any more weight. I refused to go onto maintenance and told her I was very disappointed that she was trying to cut short my weight loss. So I left last night very frustrated. I still have a significant amount of fat on my abdomen that I know I can get rid of in the next month by staying with the program.

Has anyone else had their clinic move them to maintenance well before their weight goal?
Goal Weight: 160 lbs
Current Weight: 170.5 lbs
Total Lost: 41.0 lbs
Weeks in Program: 11 Weeks
Old 07-14-2010, 01:24 PM   #257
Senior LCF Member

To those who have lost and maintained, is it truly possible to be solid at age 38? I'm fine with the general size that I am but it's the flabbiness I'm struggling with. Everything that I read says if you want good abs and whatnot, it's about losing fat not just working out and that you can't "spot" exercise. Is there anything I can do short of plastic surgery? (And believe me, I've thought about that.)
Old 07-14-2010, 01:51 PM   #258
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
Erin, I guess it depends how much one loses and how long one was doing yo-yo dieting. I am older and with all that weight loss now have hanging skin (stomach, arms, thighs and face). I have lost this amount of weght before (10 years ago) and my face and arms have not been affected that time. It is different now. Oh well, I should have known better. I was also told that skin gets tightened up with time, so give it time and see if it does. It should for you. Yes, my personal trainer at the gym told me that you will never see nicely contoured muscles unless you are at 10% or less body fat. So all I should be satisfied with is that I am getting stronger with all the weight exercises that I am doing.

I am thinking of plastic surgery down the road but decided to lose all the weight I want to lose (about 18 lb or so more) than maintain it for a year and then see about plastic surgery

"Nothing tastes better than thin feels"
-------------------
Was in wellness!
Restart on 04/05/11 to lose 15 gained lb
253/148/140
Old 07-14-2010, 02:16 PM   #259
Senior LCF Member

Thanks, ira. I really want a "mommy makeover" but it's very expensive and I'm not sure I could handle the recovery time. I guess months with a girdle? It's pretty nasty and invasive. I even met with a cosmetic surgeon to talk about it. It's just a shame that I work this hard and those areas will never improve. Most of it comes from being pregnant with gigantic babies. Not necessarily with the weight loss but that has emphasized it for sure.
Old 07-14-2010, 02:36 PM   #260
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by eptexy View Post
Thanks, ira. I really want a "mommy makeover" but it's very expensive and I'm not sure I could handle the recovery time. I guess months with a girdle? It's pretty nasty and invasive. I even met with a cosmetic surgeon to talk about it. It's just a shame that I work this hard and those areas will never improve. Most of it comes from being pregnant with gigantic babies. Not necessarily with the weight loss but that has emphasized it for sure.
I have told my husband several times that after I am done losing weight and have maintained it for awhile- then its time for a present to me after being pregnant with my gigantic babies (both were about 10 1/2 lbs and 22 1/2 inches!). A "mommy makeover" is the ONLY thing that I think will help all of the extra skin on my stomach. I think a tummy tuck and a breast lift - I should start saving my money now! I can keep wishing for now!

-Keri
Old 07-14-2010, 02:45 PM   #261
Senior LCF Member

Keri, my 3 were 9 and 10 lbs as well. My pelvis is narrow so basically they never dropped and grew OUT and I had to have cesareans. Believe me, I have the bazillion stretch marks to show for it - I felt like I was going to split down the middle. I wish there was a surgery for those! And not to get TMI or anything but nursing them was no party either because I went from a normal size B/C to an E and then back down again. Three times. I'm a poor deflated mama! lol
Old 07-14-2010, 02:55 PM   #262
Senior LCF Member

Oh Erin - I feel your pain!!! Neither of my girls ever "dropped" during pregnancy because even their heads didn't fit into my pelvis and they both grew out too! People used to ask me all the time if I was having twins (as if I didn't feel big enough already!). I carried very high and out front - I swear even my actual rib cage has expanded from having them both up so high for 9 months! I had 2 cesareans too. Deflated, stretch marks, and oh so saggy skin....the joys of motherhood!

-Keri
Old 07-14-2010, 03:03 PM   #263
Senior LCF Member

Sounds exactly the same and yep, my rib cage is much wider and they totally jut out. I used to be petite with a small waist (although I've always been curvy) but now I'm kind of rectangular. lol

Bet the guys are really enjoying the mom talk! hahaha
Old 07-14-2010, 04:47 PM   #264
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sunflower531
Stats: 143/133.2/125
Start Date: 4/14/14
Week 2... -3lbs.

I have had 5 cesareans, I figure I will always have a tummy...but I'm ok with it! Not keen on any more surgery of any kind!

Debbie, loved meeting you today!
Old 07-14-2010, 05:24 PM   #265
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: RACM
Stats: 245/204/160
WOE: Medi weightloss
Start Date: 6/30/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2princesses View Post
Oh Erin - I feel your pain!!! Neither of my girls ever "dropped" during pregnancy because even their heads didn't fit into my pelvis and they both grew out too! People used to ask me all the time if I was having twins (as if I didn't feel big enough already!). I carried very high and out front - I swear even my actual rib cage has expanded from having them both up so high for 9 months! I had 2 cesareans too. Deflated, stretch marks, and oh so saggy skin....the joys of motherhood!

-Keri
Same here, by boys did not drop either. My 3 yr old was 10 1/2 pounds with a 15inch head, so I grew out as well because he couldn't go lower. I had a c-section also, my poor tummy will never be the same. I have also vowed that once the weight is gone for a while I am getting a tummy tuck and breast lift.
Old 07-14-2010, 05:34 PM   #266
Major LCF Poster!

Erin and Keri - OUCH! And big babies to boot! Told you my husb said I have "birthing hips" and he recognized that when we were dating...he had a plan for a family! First baby I should have had by C section due to her face up position...TMI...anyways....after 3 hours pushing...(yes!!!)....she broke my tailbone! I don't now WHY they didn't give me a C-section....that was just wrong! While pregnant with her she kept kicking me in the sciatic nerve on the right. Next daughter was larger (8 lbs 5 oz) and I guess she spread my ribs....that must be why I'm so rectangular shaped....and Erin, looking at you you do NOT look rectangular.

We can talk about anythere here, can't we ladies . It's like Lea and I were talking about at lunch today (so fun!) we all have so many issues in common for why we put off taking care of ourselves, and now we're all learning from each other as we all progress down the scale. And we are!!

Sunflower - What a surprise to meet you today at the clinic too! So great to give you a hug and keep you motivated with Medi....stick with it friend!

Last edited by Fit2010; 07-14-2010 at 05:38 PM..
Old 07-14-2010, 08:09 PM   #267
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACM View Post
I have also vowed that once the weight is gone for a while I am getting a tummy tuck and breast lift.

Think we can all get a group discount!?!?!
Old 07-14-2010, 08:30 PM   #268
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: RACM
Stats: 245/204/160
WOE: Medi weightloss
Start Date: 6/30/2010
LOL
Old 07-14-2010, 08:47 PM   #269
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
Add my to that list. I had 3 8lb (almost 9lb) babies. I nursed all of them for at least a year and my body and boobs show it. I'm only about 15lbs from my goal, and I can't imagine that I am actually going to be happy with that. My legs still rub together when I walk, and my tummy is still very flabby. I'm 30 so, I'm still pretty young. I don't really want to have plastic surgery, but I am afraid that I will lean that way, when I get to goal. We'll see.

I am having a "mind game" kind of week. I have several people who have been super supportive are all of a sudden trying to get me to quit Medi because "I can do it by myself now", and join a gym with them instead (can't afford both). And they think I am "starving" myself, which is why my weight has slowed down so much. I have just been ignoring them, but now I am starting to worry. I am still eatting 500-600 calories a day, and running 3-4 days a week and donig strenth training on my off days. My clinic only told me to drink a protein shake after my run, and that's it. Which puts me at about 650 calories on those day. So now I am worried that I am not eatting enough?? Or I'm eatting the wrong things? I think it's just a mind game thing, but I am just frustrated!
Old 07-14-2010, 09:40 PM   #270
Senior LCF Member

Kaiso is still doing his thang. Sweet boy. The prednisone seems to be controlling any pain/swelling and the iron is helping with the anemia but his legs keep getting scrawnier. He is still eating a bit 2x day. He spits up a little but keeps the majority down. He has start panting almost constatly through the day, but seems to be resting peacefully now. We just keep loving on him and watching him. I think he is having a mini-rally the way people do before they pass. Being at work sucked because I kept worrying about him, but I made it through and I am home now. Tonight is another night.

On the good news front, I finally broke my plateau and I am now 166. I weigh in tomorrow and we'll see what that looks like. So happy. It's weird, I cut all my hair off in an inverted V two months ago but people keep complimenting me, every day, multiple times for two months. I think it is the weight loss as well, they just don't realize it because I cut my hair so drastically.
Closed Thread