Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2010, 06:16 PM   #181
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tydreamer
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 2/10/10
Sunflower - I think TOM, being tired and being sick are the biggest factors when trying to be creative and trying to enjoy what we're putting on our plates. I'm struggling with being sick right now, and the old me would have something sinful in an effort to soothe myself. Instead I'm pushing the fluids and coming to this site for support! Hang in there!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2010, 06:21 PM   #182
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Nance7
Stats: 5'3" 165/125/135 Restart 7/9/12 at 142
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 5/31/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower531 View Post
Does anyone ever look at the plate they just made themselves and think "I'm so tired of eating this stuff"? I have half a HB egg, 1/4 cup cottage cheese, and deli ham with laughing cow cheese in it. Normally I would think this is great. I need to get more creative, but I'm tired. TOM week for me....perhaps this has something to do with it? I gotta eat something..haven't even met the 500 cal mark.
Sunflower, I do that, too, but not as much since I found the wonderful recipe threads. The recipes are amazing, creative, and the calories, carbs, etc., are all listed. Allow yourself a little low carb yogurt (if you have Kroger, they make a fantastic Carb Master yogurt) or a sugar-free popsicle, some sugar-free Jello with sugar-free Cool Whip, flavored waters.

Also, check the "Energy In, Energy Out" thread, to see what people are eating every day. You have to get creative and have variety in order to stick with this. It really does work, though! Good luck! You CAN do this.
Old 07-11-2010, 06:23 PM   #183
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Nance7
Stats: 5'3" 165/125/135 Restart 7/9/12 at 142
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 5/31/2010
Lea, hope you feel better. Good job not soothing yourself with food. You're so close!
Old 07-11-2010, 08:08 PM   #184
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sunflower531
Stats: 143/133.2/125
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 4/14/14
Thanks Nance and Lea. Sorry to hear your not feeling good Lea, hope you get better soon!
Old 07-11-2010, 08:42 PM   #185
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Nance - Thanks for all the comments! You too Lea and Sunflower! Nance, I wish my sister in law would try this WOE, I've talked to her about it twice (we were there for Memorial Day weekend and July 4th--yes, she KNEW how I was to eat on July 4th and it's my own fault for not going prepared like I had for Memorial Day weekend!) She has fibromyalgia and I know she'd feel so much better off carbs and especially with at least 40 lb weight loss. Picking up Ryan at church today was like trying to lift a stove or something....HEAVY!
Old 07-11-2010, 08:44 PM   #186
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by tydreamer View Post
Sunflower - I think TOM, being tired and being sick are the biggest factors when trying to be creative and trying to enjoy what we're putting on our plates. I'm struggling with being sick right now, and the old me would have something sinful in an effort to soothe myself. Instead I'm pushing the fluids and coming to this site for support! Hang in there!
This is what always has been a challenge for me. I got a scratchy throat over 4th of July holiday (a sign of getting immenent cold). All I wanted to do eat something because it was making the throat discomfort go away. Just drinking did not help. So I ate - mostly "legal" stuff but too much of it and was thrown out of ketosis. Now desparately trying to get back to it but to no avail - I am so upset! There is 15 lb more that I need to lose and being out of ketosis would not help at all. I have gone to week 1 regimen for full 3 days - nothing. Than I gave up and add veggies. So I am just doing Medi acute regimen and hoping for the best.

"Nothing tastes better than thin feels"
-------------------
Was in wellness!
Restart on 04/05/11 to lose 15 gained lb
253/148/140
Old 07-11-2010, 09:31 PM   #187
Major LCF Poster!

Hang in there Irabeslim--You are probably still eating fewer calories than it would take to GAIN weight. Your losses have been incredible! Do you think you could have allergies?
Old 07-12-2010, 05:08 AM   #188
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
I've had a crazy busy few days, and it's not ending today either but I wanted to pop on and say hello. I am reading everyone's thread and I am just so encouraged by everyone here. You are all amazing wonderul people.

I tried on a pair of size 8 jeans last night, and they fit!!! That really made my day since the weight seems to be coming off slowly right now.

I am packing my lunch today and headed to the Orlando Science Center with my girls today. I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 07-12-2010, 08:04 AM   #189
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sunflower531
Stats: 143/133.2/125
Start Date: 4/14/14
I love this site, thanks to all of you for your encouragement. Already the pants that I "couldn't breath in" are feeling looser. I walked my 3 miles today, now to do housework. Have a good day everyone.

Nance, thanks for the thread, I did look there. Did you start this MEDI program thinking that you would eat this food until you lost your weight and then go back to your old foods, just smaller portions....making sure you don't go over your BMR Calorie level? Because on only week 2 this is how I am still thinking. Is this unrealistic?

One thing I am slowing getting is that food is now associated with the need to live and have energy, not with feelings. If I ate certain foods in the past it was connected to happy feelings. I know it has to do with all the social eating....so it's not necessarily a bad thing. Like having ice cream cone with the kids...that's a happy time. Movie night and pizza, again...happy time. Church dinner...good times. But with my height, five foot, I just can't eat like my teenagers and NOT gain weight.

Lea, are you feeling any better? Hope so! Your note to hang on was a big help. Thanks
Old 07-12-2010, 08:14 AM   #190
Major LCF Poster!

Sunflower - You might be interested in reading comments today on the Newbie thread and going back to the way you used to eat/emotions.

Lins - good planning! Hope you have a wonderful time! Congratulations on the size 8's!!

Ortal - How are you, girlfriend? We're still here for you.

Erin and Lea - My buddies! Wish I could give you both a hug today! I'm so overwhelmingly thankful to have found this LCF site, and to make such wonderful friends with so many on this same journey!

Off to do school work! Yikes....so much to do!!
Old 07-12-2010, 08:22 AM   #191
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
Good morning all - I too am forever thankful to this thread. I honestly don't know how people go it alone. Not fun.

I'm still struggling a bit getting back on track from vacation. Craving little stuff but it's not very intense... just being lazy I guess. A bite here and there adds up. Today I started with a great protein breakfast and I feel very strong. My NP said I could do all protein to lose any water weight quickly but she would prefer I eat vegetables as well. She also said I shouldn't lose any more weight but a part of me feels like 120 might be better for me. We'll see. I don't want maintenance to be any more difficult than it already is.

Have spent too much time here already (and on Facebook) so I'm off to work with PURPOSE today!!! Remember, whatever you are doing it is YOUR calling so do it well!

In Wellness as of 6/4/2010!
Old 07-12-2010, 08:31 AM   #192
Major LCF Poster!

Last note for the AM: I was just telling a friend that Medi isn't the FOOD POLICE who will pull away the bad choices from my hands so they don't reach my mouth....no, they just let us know the evidence-based RULES of what works efficiently and effectively to make weight loss healthy and teaches us how to follow those rules. If we disobey the rules we suffer the self consequences. So the food police is really our mind and our attitude about why we eat what we eat, and to learn there are excesses that are not healthy and limits that are not healthy. There is so much science behind MWL, but we are responsible to individually deal with the emotional aspect. Check out the Books and Blogs thread for helpful ideas to be successful. And watch out for the cop that comes around with effective verbal warnings....Jo! This is ALL said in love friends. It is wonderful that we are so passionate about helping each other to be successful. I love this site!
Old 07-12-2010, 09:08 AM   #193
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
Hang in there Irabeslim--You are probably still eating fewer calories than it would take to GAIN weight. Your losses have been incredible! Do you think you could have allergies?
Thank you, Debbie! You have a big heart and trying to post encouragements to everybody here. It is greatly appreciated. I just want to repeat what others said million times. This forum was so helpful, all advices, recipes, creative ideas, etc. It lifted me up many times when I was ready to give in to my cravings. Very often I use it as a distraction tool (per Beck Diet solution book, by the way I learned about it in this forum and it is great) -instead of opening the fridge.

No, this was not an allegry - it got developed into the cold - but I am feeling better now. I am not checking myself for ketosis - it just makes me so worried. Doing Medi diet and seeing what the results will be on Thursday. In addition, I will be going on vacation July 27th that by itself gives me a lot of anxiety. Reading all the posts about travel and how to prepare.

Just wish everybody to stay strong - it is all in our heads!
Old 07-12-2010, 10:59 AM   #194
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ortal
Stats: 184/138/120 5'5"
Start Date: 4/26/2010
ugh its that timma year, i have to be in a bathing suit saturday with a bunch of size 2s. Im taking pilates tonight and doing a workout each night this week. Ill be sore as hell but itll be worth it. we go to this lake every year and I always go 'too late' to go on the boat and stuff, but this year I am determined to do it.
Old 07-12-2010, 11:00 AM   #195
Senior LCF Member

Nance and Sunflower, thanks for the well wishes! After throwing up my meds this morning, I'm actually feeling a bit better. I'm going to take it easy again today and hope I feel GOOD tomorrow!

Sunflower, I don't want to say that you're thinking is unrealistic - it isn't. But our eating is going to have to be limited and modified for the rest of our lives. So the ice cream you eat with the kids, you can still do that. One scoop and maybe limit that to special occasions. I don't think there is any food I'll label off limits, but there are foods that I know are triggers and I'm too scared to tempt myself!

Lins, congrats on the size 8's!! Have a great day at the Science Center!

Erin - 120?? Are you serious?? You're so thin now. I only say that because I don't want you to become ill or find yourself in an unhealthy state of mind. You've been such an inspiration and your success has been shared by so many of us!! Please just make sure you're maintaining your HEALTH first!

Irabeslim, you have had an incredible loss!! I'm sorry you're struggling right now, but maybe this is that plateau business we all hit at one point or another. I'm sure your cold slowed you down as well. I'm glad you're reading the posts and aren't getting too worried about things. You're going to be just fine!! And I bet you can't wait till the twins dive into the birthday cake! The sight of that would be better than a bite any day!!

Debbie, I'm with you. I love this site. I love the support. And I love the friendships that are forming all around!
Old 07-12-2010, 11:02 AM   #196
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ortal View Post
ugh its that timma year, i have to be in a bathing suit saturday with a bunch of size 2s. Im taking pilates tonight and doing a workout each night this week. Ill be sore as hell but itll be worth it. we go to this lake every year and I always go 'too late' to go on the boat and stuff, but this year I am determined to do it.
Hi Ortal. Look at you go!! Good for you!!! How's your heart?
Old 07-12-2010, 11:22 AM   #197
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
So the food police is really our mind and our attitude about why we eat what we eat, and to learn there are excesses that are not healthy and limits that are not healthy.
Amen, sister!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by irabeslim View Post
This forum was so helpful, all advices, recipes, creative ideas, etc. It lifted me up many times when I was ready to give in to my cravings. Very often I use it as a distraction tool (per Beck Diet solution book, by the way I learned about it in this forum and it is great) -instead of opening the fridge.
And again - in total agreement. I do this ALL the time! It seems like Medi is going to look at doing a forum - just based on the "connecting to other members" statement on their site. Just a hunch. I don't know how it could possibly replace this place though. I hope this doesn't change!

Quote:
Ill be sore as hell but itll be worth it.
I think that has been my mantra for the past month. LOL! Have fun on the boat!! How are things with the boyfriend?

Quote:
Erin - 120?? Are you serious?? You're so thin now. I only say that because I don't want you to become ill or find yourself in an unhealthy state of mind. You've been such an inspiration and your success has been shared by so many of us!! Please just make sure you're maintaining your HEALTH first!
Eh, I'm fine. I'm aiming toward a bit lower (and still healthy range) BMI. Probably more like 122. I would just feel so much better if I had a bit more wiggle room. I was looking at pictures from our trip and I wasn't all that thrilled with what I saw. The ones I put on Facebook were the good ones. lol Remember I'm a photographer. I know how to angle myself just so. Besides that, I'm still not able to get into shorts that look decent on me. I hate my flabby thighs. If only my upper body matched my lower... *sigh*
Old 07-12-2010, 11:22 AM   #198
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hi Ortal. Look at you go!! Good for you!!! How's your heart?
broken but life has to go on.
Old 07-12-2010, 11:23 AM   #199
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eptexy View Post
Good morning all - I too am forever thankful to this thread. I honestly don't know how people go it alone. Not fun.

I'm still struggling a bit getting back on track from vacation. Craving little stuff but it's not very intense... just being lazy I guess. A bite here and there adds up. Today I started with a great protein breakfast and I feel very strong. My NP said I could do all protein to lose any water weight quickly but she would prefer I eat vegetables as well. She also said I shouldn't lose any more weight but a part of me feels like 120 might be better for me. We'll see. I don't want maintenance to be any more difficult than it already is.

Have spent too much time here already (and on Facebook) so I'm off to work with PURPOSE today!!! Remember, whatever you are doing it is YOUR calling so do it well!
120 is my new goal too... and were abotu the same height. right now i am normal but I want to be thin... its just a personal preference/challenge for me.
Old 07-12-2010, 11:57 AM   #200
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
Start Date: May 11, 2010
I too want to express my sincere gratitude for this board....you all have made the past 9 weeks such an eye-opener for me. When I began Medi, it was to lose weight - and that was it. Coming here, I have learned so much - how its not the weight that needs to change, but rather the mindset that brought the weight on to begin with. This board has really made me feel that this time, the FINAL time, I will be successful because I am learning so much about myself. I can't thank you all enough!

Went for a 4 mile walk today on the bike path - waited until about 11:30 to go....big mistake! Very hot and humid! My oldest daughter rode her bike, we've been doing this quite a bit. She was so proud to do the entire 4 miles today....when we started she could do 3 miles. When we got back in the car we were talking about what the girls wanted for lunch - and she says "Mommy - I want something ice cold when we get home" (I start thinking oh great, is it a popsicle or ice cream!). She then says "How about some pineapple and strawberries with yogurt on top?". Oh boy!!! So she ate that with 1/2 turkey sandwich. Eliminating lots of the junk food in this house was hard for a few weeks...but I am so glad its starting get out of the kids system too!

Ok, off to cool off in the pool! (Because that sounds much better than the laundry I have waiting!). Weigh in tomorrow...maybe I'll treadmill later tonight!
-Keri

Over 100lbs. GONE FOREVER
Thanks to MWL!
8 months to Wellness....5/11/10 - 1/11/11
Old 07-12-2010, 12:01 PM   #201
Senior LCF Member

Keri, that is fantastic!!! What a proud mommy moment!!! I have had those as well with my youngest. My oldest 2 go to their dad's house (aka Freedom Palace) and load up on junk and it's so sad because they really struggle when they come home. My youngest at 7 just had grilled chicken on a whole wheat flatout wrap with lettuce and low fat cheese and is perfectly happy. It feels good!
Old 07-12-2010, 12:16 PM   #202
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
broken but life has to go on.
Spoken like a STRONG woman! Are you going to try to make your relationship with your boyfriend work? You don't have to answer that - it's pretty private I guess. Whichever way you go, you know we're behind you wishing you all the best!
Old 07-12-2010, 12:37 PM   #203
Major LCF Poster!

I just love my buddies!

Ortal - 120, you too? I did that when I was your age, and it was doable...at that time! Just know you are BEAU-TI-FUL right now and that a certain look isn't going to bring more happiness. You have to still work on your emotions.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:42 PM   #204
Junior LCF Member

Stats: 208/198/197/193
Start Date: 6.25.2010
Okay, Turkey pepperoni and mozz is on tonights dinner plate!!! so excited! I actually had a dream about eating a bagel last night! I woke up like it was a nightmare. I had week 3 weigh in this morning down another 1.8 with TOM. Love this new way of life. Diet coke has seriously saved my eating plan when I "CRAVE" something sweet.. Keep up the great work ladies.. Keep the yummy food suggestions coming.

week 1: -9.8 week 2 -.06 week 3 -1.8
Old 07-12-2010, 01:02 PM   #205
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SonoRoo
Stats: 5'1" ~ 187.6/162/115
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: May 20, 2010
Today sux a little. Sorry to vent but I need to unload this somewhere. I work with basenji rescue and love dogs. My one dog that is a non-basenji, we think he is a german shepard/yellow lab mix, is about 15-17 years old. He has been slowing down lately and we noticed muscle wasting in his legs and that he seemed to be getting thinner over the bony parts of his body but his abdomen was staying large. He stopped eating in the past few days and is now just drinking any fluid we put in his food. Last night he vomitted so we took him to the vet this morning and they just called to say he has a large abdominal mass that they believe is cancer. I pretty much assumed this to be the case. It makes me sad but we knew we were getting to this point because of his age. We have elected to bring him home and just watch him for any signs of distress and see if he just passes in his sleep. If not we will take him back to the vet and have him put down. I just keep taking solace in the fact that he was a rescue dog that had been abused and that we gave him the best possible life for the 11 years or so that he lived with us. I hope we made his life better than it had been and I hope that he goes peacefully with no pain. I love him; he has been such a sweet dog. My son is really upset as is my husband, hopefully they will take ok.

There are stressors all around us on a daily basis. Any single one of them we could use as an excuse to binge on something very unhealthy. It is so hard keeping that in focus on this trip through weight loss land.

Do Over Mini Goal: at or below 160 before May

Last edited by SonoRoo; 07-12-2010 at 01:03 PM..
Old 07-12-2010, 01:20 PM   #206
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Spoken like a STRONG woman! Are you going to try to make your relationship with your boyfriend work? You don't have to answer that - it's pretty private I guess. Whichever way you go, you know we're behind you wishing you all the best!
hey if it was private i wouldnt have talked about it here, so i understand you asking.

part of me wants to make it work so badly and part of me knows thats stupid and Ill never trust him again. so im still back and forth. im trying to just work on myself at the moment and let him feel bad about it. im getting a lot more attention from guys and it helps. if im gonna be single, ill be hot and single as vain as that sounds its another reason to do it 110%.
Old 07-12-2010, 01:26 PM   #207
Senior LCF Member

Ortal, that's exactly what I would do!! NOT vain at all!! Like a man here said, they aren't all like that. There are definitely other fish in the sea and since you have a daughter, it's SO important to showcase a relationship based on trust and respect! I was a single mom once and remember how it is.

Shelley, I am so sorry about your pup. The pain of losing a pet is so devastating. Losing my dane, Nigella, was one of the worst things I've ever gone through. Big hugs to you during this time.
Old 07-12-2010, 01:27 PM   #208
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonoRoo View Post
I hope we made his life better than it had been and I hope that he goes peacefully with no pain. I love him; he has been such a sweet dog. My son is really upset as is my husband, hopefully they will take ok.

There are stressors all around us on a daily basis. Any single one of them we could use as an excuse to binge on something very unhealthy. It is so hard keeping that in focus on this trip through weight loss land.
Of COURSE you made his life better! You GAVE him a life!! My sweet yellow lab mix is more a part of my life than I'd like to admit. She's not yet two and I look forward to many, many great years with her before I have to face what you're dealing with. Pets are part of us. They're family. I hope God takes him in his sleep with a smile on his face.

Bless you!
Old 07-12-2010, 01:29 PM   #209
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
hey if it was private i wouldnt have talked about it here, so i understand you asking.

part of me wants to make it work so badly and part of me knows thats stupid and Ill never trust him again. so im still back and forth. im trying to just work on myself at the moment and let him feel bad about it. im getting a lot more attention from guys and it helps. if im gonna be single, ill be hot and single as vain as that sounds its another reason to do it 110%.
Actually, you're doing a great thing by not making up your mind one way or the other. If you make things work for him, you both need time to sort things out. If you don't, you need the time to concentrate on you. Either way, you win.
Old 07-12-2010, 02:01 PM   #210
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Nance and Sunflower, thanks for the well wishes! After throwing up my meds this morning, I'm actually feeling a bit better. I'm going to take it easy again today and hope I feel GOOD tomorrow!

Sunflower, I don't want to say that you're thinking is unrealistic - it isn't. But our eating is going to have to be limited and modified for the rest of our lives. So the ice cream you eat with the kids, you can still do that. One scoop and maybe limit that to special occasions. I don't think there is any food I'll label off limits, but there are foods that I know are triggers and I'm too scared to tempt myself!

Lins, congrats on the size 8's!! Have a great day at the Science Center!

Irabeslim, you have had an incredible loss!! I'm sorry you're struggling right now, but maybe this is that plateau business we all hit at one point or another. I'm sure your cold slowed you down as well. I'm glad you're reading the posts and aren't getting too worried about things. You're going to be just fine!! And I bet you can't wait till the twins dive into the birthday cake! The sight of that would be better than a bite any day!!

Debbie, I'm with you. I love this site. I love the support. And I love the friendships that are forming all around!
Thanks, Lea. My grandchildren are my motivation to lose this weight so I will be able to enjoy all the activities with them. They are going to start running soon - I will be able to run after them. I can squatt now and be on the eye-level with them. I don't want them to start to know me as a "fat" grandma. The other grandma has normal weight. I am a young grandma so I want to act my age but that weight that I lost made me much older.
Closed Thread