Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2010, 06:01 PM   #91
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: suzanna1
Stats: 215/176/149 5'8" 38 years old
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Yeah, Ortal!!! Congratulations on your loss. I am so proud of you for going to the clinic today.

I just returned from vacation. I worked out regularly, but I did make a couple of less than stellar choices including alcohol and dessert! I stuck mainly to lean, low carb choices for the most part though. I am nervous about the scale tomorrow, but ready to jump back on plan.

I have my next Medi appointment next Friday... so a little over a week to get back into my maintenance range!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2010, 06:16 PM   #92
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
I had a glass of wine during week 4, didn't go out of ketosis, and lost the next week, but other than that we didnt' really talk about the planned indulgences until around week 10, and I was getting closer to my goal. I am less than 10lbs away now. When I started this program I would have NEVER dreamed that I would be able to stay away from desserts but now I KNOW I can. I ate one bite of a rice crispy treat on the 4th and was perfectly fine not eatting the rest. I could have never done that before starting Medi. I did have a small amount of ice cream a few weeks ago, but on the same day that I did a long run (4 miles). I think the key is just knowing yourself. When you've been on the plan for awhile, and you are getting closer to your goal or at your goal, it's okay to plan a small indulgence every once in awhile. Plan them on big exercise days, and go right back to Medi at the next meal, and you'll be fine. And remember that indulgance are small, I would never make cookies for example because I LOVE raw cookie dough, and I don't know that I would be able to stop....kwim?

About the running. I hated running as a kid. I hated running as a young adult. But my hubby started running a few years ago and I thought I would give it a try. I started because I knew I could get more excercise in a shorter amount of time if I ran. I started by using the C25K.com plan, and then ran a 5K. It was important for me to actually sign up and run that 5K. Then a few weeks ago I started the 5K to 10K program on that same site. Some days I feel GREAT about my run, but other days I just feel like it's not that great. The key is just to keep doing it 3 times a week. And it helps me to have a plan that I listen to. I am determined to keep running until the guy on my Ipod (it's a podcast you run too) tells me I can walk. If I was just doing it myself I would give up much earlier. I also signed up to do a half marathon with friends, so know I have a goal in mind. But remember it's 95 degrees in central Florida with 90% humidity so it's hard to breath some nights. i just do my best and keep on going, some days are great others are not, I just try not to let those days get me down.
Old 07-07-2010, 06:29 PM   #93
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: julesrnc
Stats: 5'6" 190/174/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 4/25/10
I finally hit the 20 lb mark this week!
So good to hear of everyone's successes and traveling stories.
I am leaving for a 2 week vacation to Montana. The best thing is I will be in a motor home and able to control all the food I buy and eat. I will also be hiking and spending most of the time out doors. Looking forward to seeing how everyone is doing when I return.
Old 07-07-2010, 06:44 PM   #94
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Charlene4
Stats: 154.5/135/135
WOE: vegan/vegetarian
Start Date: June 7,2010
good to hear everyone else doing well too! I have officially been on the plan for one month now and I lost 4.5lbs this week. 13.5 so far! Yay! I haven't taken a day off from working out in a week and a half so I'm relaxing tonight as my little reward.
Old 07-07-2010, 06:50 PM   #95
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tydreamer
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 2/10/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nance7 View Post

Debbie, Lea, Lins--thanks for the straight talk about the indulgences. It's a nice dream for the future, although it makes me nervous to think of possibly losing control. Maybe it will have to be a slice of really good, dense bread for me or a glass of wine. I don't think I could ever have a sugary treat and then leave it alone.

Nance
Nance, just reading "dense bread" made me feel kind of dizzy with desire. I'm probably more of a bread/chips/crackers/pretzel kinda chick than a sweets girl. Of course a brownie is pretty darn yummy, but you know what I like best about them? The chewiness. Which is also what I like about dense bread!

I like that I can talk about all my favorites without having to go to the kitchen to eat. And even if I DID have to go have something and induldge, I would now reach for something healthy and lean but still yummy!
Old 07-07-2010, 06:59 PM   #96
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Know what is dense and chewy and yummy and LEGAL?!? A Pure Protein Peanut Butter bar...ok, it's not quite the same as what you guys were describing...but it's good for you, meets the chewy need and has lots of protein! We gotta stop talking about the other stuff....Lea, we have even more in common now that I read your last post! I gotta keep you accountable!
Old 07-07-2010, 07:33 PM   #97
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Debbie - I actually bought one of those pure protein peanut butter bars last week....sooo good! I ended up eating 1/2 one day, putting the other 1/2 in the fridge and eating it the next day! I was pms'ing and just wanted something chocolate/peanut butter and that completely solved my problem.

-Keri
Old 07-07-2010, 07:55 PM   #98
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Yvette
Stats: 208/197/150
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinic
Start Date: June 2010
Hi Everyone -

I'm Yvette and I'm new to this site, but so glad I found you! I've been on MWL for 4 weeks now (going for my weigh-in tomorrow) and have lost 11 lbs so far. I'm excited to be losing weight and I think one of the reasons why I'm having success this time around - is because of the fact that I'm shelling out big $$$ every week!

Anyway, thank you all for all the great tips, recipes and ideas. I've been "lurking" for a few weeks just reading and you've all been very informative.

Thanks!

Y
Old 07-07-2010, 08:17 PM   #99
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ortal
Stats: 184/138/120 5'5"
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 4/26/2010
so tonight my perscription for the AS wouldnt go through... i have to call tomorrow... myabe it has something to do with the fact that i got a script for 2 weeks... anyone have issues before?

and i allowed myself 2 cheats tonight... a handful extra of almonds and 2 dino-nuggets my daughter had. dont care, worth it. tomorrow i start fresh.
Old 07-07-2010, 08:23 PM   #100
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2princesses View Post
Debbie - I actually bought one of those pure protein peanut butter bars last week....sooo good! I ended up eating 1/2 one day, putting the other 1/2 in the fridge and eating it the next day! I was pms'ing and just wanted something chocolate/peanut butter and that completely solved my problem.

-Keri
are you talking about the south beach ones? cause those are pretty gross.... and i dont know if i canlimit myself to half a bar
Old 07-07-2010, 09:20 PM   #101
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SonoRoo
Stats: 5'1" ~ 187.6/162/115
Start Date: May 20, 2010
I would LOVE a bagel. Out of all the stupid things to crave and want, I just really would a bagel. Anyone know of any low-carb bagels that actually taste decent?
Old 07-07-2010, 11:04 PM   #102
Major LCF Poster!

Ortal - Not SouthBeach. Name is: Pure Protein and it's chocolate peanut butter high protein bar. 20g protein, 16 g carb, 6 g fat, calories 200. I often eat 1/2 at a time, they really are so chewey you can go slow enough to stop at 1/2. I get them at Walmart, but a lot of times this flavor is sold out! There is a website....eatgoodlookgreat.com I've never looked at it though, but maybe you could find answers to your questions on there about it.
Also re: your script I know laws are out there about how much they can dispense to a person at a time and how frequently.

Yvette: don't let the conversation going on about indulgences sidetrack you....it's gotten a little out of control in the past 24 hours and everybody has got to get their drooling tongues back into their mouths!
Old 07-08-2010, 05:29 AM   #103
Senior LCF Member

I am a fan of the Adkins bars. I eat them for breakfast when I crave chocolate, or I drink a chocolate protein shake.

I have been talking a lot about planned indulgeness but I also want to say that I stick to plan 99.8% of the time. I don't sneak bites of crackers off my kids plate, I don't eat more than my 6-8 almonds at a time, I don't eat peanut butter (learned that I have to stay away from it).... I stick to eggs, lean proteins, and low fat cheese with the occasional beef jerky. It's been 3 times in the last 12 weeks that I've had anything off plan, and that's been very small (1 glass of wine, and 1 bite of a rice crispy treat, and 1 small portion of ice cream).
Old 07-08-2010, 06:07 AM   #104
Senior LCF Member

yah, the AS is a controlled substance so i know they are strict... but the problem was with the insurance. ill have to call...

have you guys seen the enhanced medi website? Its very slick and features an AWESOME USDA food databse search. great considering the daily plate and calorie kind will list 45 different results for chicken breast.

oh and i saw something in the medi magazine (which featured Jerry!!!!! so proud that i kinda sorta know him ... kinda) at my clinic that there are new medi single serve dressings coming out? Id love to hear any experiences or reviews, my clinic doesnt have them yet

Mini Goal - 130 by 10/30
Ultimate Goal - 120 by the end of the year.

Last edited by Ortal; 07-08-2010 at 06:13 AM..
Old 07-08-2010, 06:16 AM   #105
Senior LCF Member

This morning I was thinking about a mini-goal for myself - for Christmas my husband had given me a gift certificate for a 1/2 day at a spa (massage, facial, etc) and I haven't used it yet. At first I said at 40 lbs, but now that I'm about there - it doesn't seem like a "big" enough goal. Our 7th anniversary is Aug. 9 - I'm wondering if I can get to "one"-derland by then...that would be 21 lbs in 4 1/2 weeks. Scares me that to do it I would need to maintain close to a 5 lb loss each weigh-in (and with 3 consecutive great weeks behind me, can I do that for 5 more weigh-ins???). So, that seems kind of far-fetched....even though on Medi anything is possible!....but perhaps the spa day to welcome me back to "one"derland! Who knows! It just amazes me that when I started this journey I thought how I needed to break down my goals - take it 20 lbs at a time to reach that 90-100 lb loss but now with almost 40 lbs gone...I am so seeing how changing my life is possible and so excited to continue this journey. My daughter turns 5 at the end of September and I want to have a family portrait done, that's my BIG goal!

Lins - I LOL'ed at "I don't sneak bites of crackers off my kids plate"...never before knew how many calories I ate during a day just sneaking bites off my kids food, or eating whatever they left on their plate! I know see how those bites of mac & cheese or chicken nuggets added up!

Ortal - I'm pretty sure I saw those Pure Protein bars at Trader Joe's too - as well as Target.

-Keri

Over 100lbs. GONE FOREVER
Thanks to MWL!
8 months to Wellness....5/11/10 - 1/11/11
Old 07-08-2010, 07:05 AM   #106
Major LCF Poster!

Ortal - I was just thinking of him (Jerry) yesterday! So I looked him up on his blog and he's in Nova Scotia as of yesterday for TOPS! I'm so excited for ALL that is happening in his life! I gotta stop by and get the Medi magazine....and thanks for the tip re: the Medi site! I'll check it out! Hope you have a wonderful day, my friend.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:21 AM   #107
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sunflower531
Stats: 143/133.2/125
Start Date: 4/14/14
Welcome RACM and Yvette!!!

Nance 7 ....I did have 1/4 of a dill pickle, I'm stretching it out. Yum!

Julesrnc ....I love traveling by a motor home. Good vacation to go on and stick to the MEDI plan. Makes me want to go RVing! Have a great time.

Have a good week everyone.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:25 AM   #108
Senior LCF Member

I saw Jerry in the magazine. Amazing story, I showed it to my parents and they thought is was so encouraging. Congratulations Jerry, you have trully changed your life, and our an inspiration to all of us!

My rear end is soooo sore today. I did some strength training yesterday. I did jumping jacks, squats, arms lifts, leg lifts (inner and outter), and several kinds of crunches. I've been doing crunches, arms and squats, so either the jumping jacks or the leg lifts must have used new muscles because I can feel them today. Which is a good thing.

I am going to make oopsie rolls for the first time today.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:52 AM   #109
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tydreamer
Start Date: 2/10/10
I did some lunge walks a while back and my butt and legs were hurting for days. Obviously this type of strengthening works, but it made my running harder!

Lins, I love the idea of downloading the C25K on the ipod. I don't have anyone to tell me to keep running, so I say, okay, next street sign, one more mail box, next Slug Bug, whatever. But a true program that you can listen to WHILE you're running is maybe what I need to do. Is it set to music?
Old 07-08-2010, 08:28 AM   #110
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
Hi everyone! I'm back from our Maine/Boston vacation and am really enjoying catching back up on here! I think my mantra for this week was "moderation". I was smart but I'm glad we left when we did because I was starting to not moderate so much - especially in the salt water taffy, wine, martini, boston cream pie, cannoli, pasta, and roll categories! lol (My little confession right there.) I went from abstaining all together to little bites of my husband's order to getting my own. Scary! Anyway, I'm happy to say that I didn't gain any weight at all according to my scale. I'm still under goal but it was probably because we walked absolutely everywhere.

For the next few days I'm getting back on track to get my cravings under control. I'm not sensitive to sweets anymore. In fact, those cocoa almonds that used to taste like a candy bar to me now don't taste sweet at all! I also need to get my water back on track because I feel pretty puffy. I'm so excited to be on Medi and was able to go on vacation and maintain. It's relatively easy to order on vacation! Italian in the north end was pretty tricky though, I must admit, but with more knowledge, I could've done a better job. That first time was hilarious. I ordered eggplant and veal and whoa... was so not what I expected. In the words of my husband, he said "That's like a chicken fried steak smothered in cheese." LOL

I will say that vacationing with family - especially my brother - was difficult. My brother had too much to drink and pretty much attacked me at dinner and called me anorexic and made fun of me not pouring dressing (which was this sweet gelatinous gross stuff anyway) on my salad earlier that day at lunch. Which is funny because his wife is a size 00 so it's beyond me why he would get so combative with me over that. Just a learning lesson. Family (especially SOME family) is a bit more vocal about their opinions and next time I'll be more cautious about saying things like "I shouldn't eat this but I'm going to" (which is what set him off.)

In Wellness as of 6/4/2010!

Last edited by eptexy; 07-08-2010 at 08:30 AM..
Old 07-08-2010, 09:10 AM   #111
Senior LCF Member

Erin, congratulations for going on vacation and not gaining weight. I think what you said was important too, it is possible to have a splurge from time to time because you got enough activity to balance it all out. Great job!

Yes the c25k program is set to music or you can have it with just the running cues too if you don't want the music. It's not the best music, but it is an awesome program. I have recommended it to lots of people and they are all running well now. It starts out slow and builds slowly. It's a 9 week program, but it took me 12 weeks to finish because I repeated a few difficult weeks. So just take it slow and I am sure you will be amazed at your own progress.
Old 07-08-2010, 09:17 AM   #112
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Charlene4
Stats: 154.5/135/135
WOE: vegan/vegetarian
Start Date: June 7,2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonoRoo View Post
I would LOVE a bagel. Out of all the stupid things to crave and want, I just really would a bagel. Anyone know of any low-carb bagels that actually taste decent?

I haven't had too many cravings, especially for bready stuff, which I normally live and die for...but the one thing I truly, TRULY miss is bananas The smell, the taste, the texture....I have always loved them. It's been hard to stay away since my husband and son eat them. I bought imitation banana flavoring that I use in my protein shakes from time to time. I'd love to know if there are bagels too though!
Old 07-08-2010, 09:25 AM   #113
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: suzanna1
Stats: 215/176/149 5'8" 38 years old
Erin ~ Great job not gaining during vacation!!! I was up 3 pounds this morning, so I am back to a couple of days of acute.

BTW, Jerome's story is on the front page of the Medi website!
Old 07-08-2010, 11:20 AM   #114
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: txntv
Stats: 5'5" 169.5/131/140
Start Date: March 25, 2010
It was cool seeing Jerry in the MWL Magazine! I told the clinic that I know him... not personally, but from these forums.

Ortal -- I hope each passing day is better for you. Better to know this now than later.
Old 07-08-2010, 11:30 AM   #115
Major LCF Poster!

Charlene - What a smart idea to get banana extract flavoring to doctor up your protein shakes. I like sweet, like caramel....so I use DaVinci sugarfree Caramel flavoring in my coffee. We have to learn what works for each of us, yet doesn't trap us!

Lins - I used the C25K website list of how the program works week by week as a guide for how I do my own program. I like to go without listening to anything cuz I'm memorizing Scripture verses and my personal (Beck Solution inspired) affirming phrases. I look at them when I walk then recite them when I jog! I'm now alternating jogging for 2 mins & 20 seconds followed by walking for 1 mins....gone for about 40 mins three times a week. I really like the progress I'm feeling!!
Old 07-08-2010, 11:55 AM   #116
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
Charlene - What a smart idea to get banana extract flavoring to doctor up your protein shakes. I like sweet, like caramel....so I use DaVinci sugarfree Caramel flavoring in my coffee. We have to learn what works for each of us, yet doesn't trap us!

Lins - I used the C25K website list of how the program works week by week as a guide for how I do my own program. I like to go without listening to anything cuz I'm memorizing Scripture verses and my personal (Beck Solution inspired) affirming phrases. I look at them when I walk then recite them when I jog! I'm now alternating jogging for 2 mins & 20 seconds followed by walking for 1 mins....gone for about 40 mins three times a week. I really like the progress I'm feeling!!
I used a modified version of the C25K because it's just too hard to track jog 90, walk 90, jog 3, walk 3. I found another similar plan that just has two switches. I'm on 5 min jog, 2 min walk for the entire time. Anything more than that is too much to track.

One week has you making SIX changes! I don't want to be stopping to review my notes. I tried keeping a sheet of paper on the treadmill with me, but still got mixed up.
Old 07-08-2010, 11:59 AM   #117
Senior LCF Member

I download the c25K plan onto my Ipod, so I don't have too look at a paper, I just listen to my Ipod and it tells me when to start running and when to walk.

Debbie if you have an MP3 player, they do have a music free C25K that is silent except when it tells you to run or walk.
Old 07-08-2010, 12:00 PM   #118
Senior LCF Member

Baking Substitute for Splenda

I hate Splenda. My spouse made a chicken recipe, so I didn't know what was in it when I tasted it. The Splenda ruined the almost tasty dish.

I did finally find sugar packet substitutes I like: Truvia and Sweetleaf.

I'm not about to waste paper opening a bunch of these little packets when I need a Splenda substitute in baking. So I wonder if anyone is like me and found good baking substitutes for Splenda.

Yes, I tried to search the forums... the results were crazy and using Google's advanced search didn't yield anything close.
July: -2.5
Beyond: -5
Total loss: 38

Wellness...
Old 07-08-2010, 12:02 PM   #119
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lins View Post
I download the c25K plan onto my Ipod, so I don't have too look at a paper, I just listen to my Ipod and it tells me when to start running and when to walk.

Debbie if you have an MP3 player, they do have a music free C25K that is silent except when it tells you to run or walk.
This would be a great option -- but I can't use this option. But it's a great option for most folks.
Old 07-08-2010, 12:07 PM   #120
Senior LCF Member

Does any one know where to buy single serving sizes of dressing? Preferably a FF or RF italian or balsamic vinaigrette?

I was just thinking how I feel that MWL is easier to do in the summer, rather than in the winter where I would want those carb-loaded "comfort" foods, since in the summer we eat lots of fresh veggies and grilled foods anyways. Then realized that I don't need to stress about going out to eat - I am in love with salads with grilled chicken/steak/shrimp, etc....but never know what to do about dressing. My mom joked that she's ready to watch me pull a salad dressing bottle out of my pocketbook one day...which leads me to my above question!

(And if I can't find them - then I will proudly pull the salad dressing bottle out of my pocketbook anyways!).

-Keri
Closed Thread