Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2010, 12:52 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Charlene4
Stats: 154.5/135/135
WOE: vegan/vegetarian
Start Date: June 7,2010
I'm feeling huge today. I am getting kind of concerned...I only lost one pound last week (2.5 on my scale but I had my appt in the evening). No big deal there because I know I had gotten smaller physically (pants size and flatter stomach, etc)...I just felt kinda bloated off and on throughout the week. Today I feel super bloated and puffy. I did eat some sugar free hard candies with sorbitol last week...don't know if that contributed but have been watching it the last few days, haven't touched them. It's just discouraging to feel bloated and nasty when I haven't eaten out of control. Anyone have any experience with this? I don't get a TOM or anything...so I can't blame that. I also must mention that I have been working out more than usual. I just don't get the bloated feeling....If anyone has experiences with this I'd love some advice. Of course I would be bloated when I have plans tonight..

Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2010, 12:54 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lins View Post
I ran my second 5K this morning in 35:27, which is 2 minutes faster than my previous 5K! Feeling great this morning!
awesome!!
Old 07-03-2010, 01:28 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tydreamer
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 2/10/10

Welcome Sunflower! There's actually quite a few of us on here from Kansas and some of us post pretty often.

I personally will have pizza again, but it'll be a rare occasion - maybe one slice for a birthday dinner or something. However, I eat the Medi version pizza which is on the recipe thread and it's delicious!! My family eats pizza fairly often and I haven't had any real pizza since I started Medi, but every time they order, I fix my own Medi version and haven't felt deprived yet!
Old 07-03-2010, 04:19 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dodgern
Stats: 236/150.6/140- now on maintenance
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 2/26/09
Hey Charlene!

I have to ask a personal question here....why don't you get a TOM???
If you have ovaries-sorry if this is TMI for any people-you will still have hormones that affect you!
Not only that, but as a female, you have estrogen stored up in your body fat.As you lose that fat, it breaks up and it gets released into your blood stream so you will still have hormone issues!!

Sorbitol is a GI (gastrointestinal) bomb!!! We all must be careful how many "sugar-free" candies we eat!!!!!

Keep strong and keep on plan!!!!!

cindy
Old 07-03-2010, 04:20 PM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Sunflower!!!!!

You have picked the plan that works!!!!

cindy
Old 07-03-2010, 08:10 PM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgern View Post
Hey Charlene!

I have to ask a personal question here....why don't you get a TOM???
If you have ovaries-sorry if this is TMI for any people-you will still have hormones that affect you!
Not only that, but as a female, you have estrogen stored up in your body fat.As you lose that fat, it breaks up and it gets released into your blood stream so you will still have hormone issues!!

Sorbitol is a GI (gastrointestinal) bomb!!! We all must be careful how many "sugar-free" candies we eat!!!!!

Keep strong and keep on plan!!!!!

cindy
You have a good point. I don't have it because of my IUD....but my ovaries are still in there. I usually don't feel "pms-y" or bloated at certain times, even before I got it. I have just felt (and looked) so puffy today and it's discouraging. I have done well to stay on plan.....unless I'm unknowingly eating something that I shouldn't. I stay under 30 carbs a day, 20 on most days. It's harder for me to be extremely low carb due to being vegetarian. Also....I am really confused about the whole net carb thing. It's really confusing.....I just feel like "net carbs" are a trap. I try to count actual carbs except on the medi bars. I think the thing I'm having the hardest time with is that it seems like when I work out more, I feel bigger.Hmmm...
Old 07-04-2010, 07:31 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SonoRoo
Stats: 5'1" ~ 187.6/162/115
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: May 20, 2010
Ohhhh, I had a hysto but retained my ovaries, believe me, I can tell seriously when I am hormonal. I am not sure whether it is when I am ovulating or when I should be on TOM, but I definitely know every two weeks I get a rush of hormones.

On a frustrating note...I am fluctuating around 169-170 and seem to be stuck in that rut. I haven't exercised as much since we were inside a lot from all the wind & rain from Alex. The wind was short lived, the rain lasted till last night. I am hoping to get in the pool and get back into my exercise hardcore. Today I am on call at both hospitals and not happy about it at all. Tomorrow I am off though!!! Hopefully people will have better things to do today than to go to the ER.

Do Over Mini Goal: at or below 160 before May
Old 07-04-2010, 08:39 AM   #38
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: techgirl
Stats: 235/216/155
WOE: Atkins, Gluten Free
Start Date: February 2013
That's great! You are an inspiration.
Old 07-04-2010, 11:53 AM   #39
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sunflower531
Stats: 143/136.5/125
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 4/14/14
Thanks for the nice welcome. I will look up the pizza recipe! But I can't have it for awhile...I'm guessing. I am very much still in the dark about how all this is going to work. One day at a time. Happy 4th!
Old 07-04-2010, 02:25 PM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Sunflower - Don't worry too much about maintenance and all that for now....just focus on the acute plan. This IS the plan that works, and the Andover clinic is great! Welcome!
Old 07-04-2010, 04:24 PM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
For some reason I am craving sugar/carbs like crazy again today. I finally did allow myself to eat half a cookie at a 4th of July party today. It didn't help. I don't have anything in my house that I could "cheat" with, so I am not worried about that, just frustrated that I keep getting cravings for something that is no longer in my system. I haven't change anything about my eatting. Still 500-600 calories, and under 20 carbs, and drinking TONS of water..... UGH! I just hate cravings.

Tonight is movie night at our house and I am going to get on the Gazelle while watching the movie so I won't be tempted to "snack".
Old 07-04-2010, 04:52 PM   #42
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: julesrnc
Stats: 5'6" 190/174/140
Start Date: 4/25/10
Lins, does sf jello help. Try it with a squirt of Redi Whip. It is what I have when I have sweet cravings (which is often). I used to live for sugar and have never been able to beat the cravings.
Old 07-04-2010, 06:29 PM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
WOW what great news everyone has. Yesterday I was feeling like I'm not losing FAST enough and that my size isn't changing. My husband is changing sizes so fast it's depressing for me....but I'm really happy for him! Anyway in today's paper was a coupon for Bealls so I decided to go and just LOOK at swimsuits. I have one that fits, but I wanted to find one smaller that I'll fit into by fall.
I started out in the plus size area, and tried on a 1X shirt from the sale rack.....it was HUGE! Then I moved over to the swimsuits, and I took in a 16 and an 18 to try on...the 18 was TOO BIG. The 16 fit great. It was on the clearance rack to was 50% off with an additional 40% off.....so I got it. That gave me the confidence to try on "regular" shirts......I'm short (5'2") so a sales clerk suggested I try the PETITE section. I ended up buying several shirts size PXL (petite extra large), and PL (petite large). I even tried on a couple dresses! WOW I'm no longer wearing PLUS sizes.....at least on top! I didn't have the nerve to try NON PLUS size pants....I have a pretty big tummy and hips! What a rush this was for me!

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford
Old 07-04-2010, 06:39 PM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Nance7
Stats: 5'3" 165/125/135 Restart 7/9/12 at 142
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 5/31/2010
Whew! Just made it through a weekend with my dear mother-in-law, a Southern country cook, and a family reunion today. I took a lot of food, but she kept apologizing for not having anything I could eat and kept asking about my "diet". She shows her love for us with the food that she cooks, so it's hard for her when I'm not eating anything she fixes. At the family reunion, I walked around 4 long tables of food (including an entire table of desserts, which I avoided like the plague) and saw not one thing that I could have. EVERY piece of chicken was fried; there were deviled eggs galore, potato salad, mashed potatoes, baked beans, mac & cheese, Jello salads, etc. Finally found some green beans, which I know had to have been cooked with some sort of fat; took a piece of fried chicken and took all of the skin off. Ate those, feeling horribly guilty, but with no real choice. At least I avoided about 30 pies, cakes, brownies, etc. and all of the other stuff. Just glad to be home and back to food that I can control. Hope everybody had a good, successful 4th of July weekend.
Nance
Old 07-04-2010, 06:46 PM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Mary, what a great shopping trip for you. I know you feel good and you should!
Old 07-04-2010, 07:00 PM   #46
Junior LCF Member

If I'm honest, I have spent the day moping around...I want to eat something! I'm quite put out, my first weigh in is Wed. and I don't feel any skinnier. But on the bright side I have kept this week one rules to the T! I do hope it pays off. This is much more mental than anything....
Old 07-04-2010, 07:05 PM   #47
Junior LCF Member

I CANT WAIT TO HAVE PICKLES!
Old 07-04-2010, 08:03 PM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Sunflower hang in there, you are right those first few weeks are mental. You'll get through this and feel so much better about it all. It gets easier as the weeks go by.

I went to a church picnic today, and took my own food. I ate my lunch and then had 1 bite of my daughters rice crispy treat, and I feel great. It's so nice to know that I am able to not go crazy at pot luck dinners anymore.

I am totally off my appetite suppresants now (I weaned myself), and my clinic gave me persmission to start adding a few more calories and carbs once or week or so. I am never suppose to go about 800 calories, and 30 carbs. I haven't had come close to that, and don't really plan on it yet, but it's nice to know. Which is why I allowed myself 1 bite of a treat today. And I don't feel any guilt whatsoever which is amazing.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:38 AM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Lins, you are doing great, and I'm sure you will make your goal by 7/25. I'm not sure I could have had that one bite of Rice Krispie treat and stopped at that, so you're good!

I realized something over the weekend, when I was faced with so many temptations at my MIL's and at the family reunion with all of the desserts: Because I am a sugar addict, I have to keep telling myself that, if I were to have a brownie or a piece of pie, it would never be enough. I could eat an entire pan of brownies or a whole pie, and I would still want more. While people are sitting and eating desserts in my presence, I have to realize that the few moments that I am watching them will quickly be over, but if I had had any, I would then be looking for more and more and more. I even had to slice a bunch of chocolate-iced brownies and serve them, and I didn't even lick my fingers. I know that doing so would just set me up for cravings. This is a hard lesson, but it's getting me through the tough times.
Nance
Old 07-05-2010, 10:06 AM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Sunflower hang in there, you are right those first few weeks are mental. You'll get through this and feel so much better about it all. It gets easier as the weeks go by.

I went to a church picnic today, and took my own food. I ate my lunch and then had 1 bite of my daughters rice crispy treat, and I feel great. It's so nice to know that I am able to not go crazy at pot luck dinners anymore.

I am totally off my appetite suppresants now (I weaned myself), and my clinic gave me persmission to start adding a few more calories and carbs once or week or so. I am never suppose to go about 800 calories, and 30 carbs. I haven't had come close to that, and don't really plan on it yet, but it's nice to know. Which is why I allowed myself 1 bite of a treat today. And I don't feel any guilt whatsoever which is amazing.

You are really a good "diet role model"!! I am kinda grateful that because of the type of work I do, I have to work both yesterday and today so I haven't been able to attend all the lunches and BBQ's, etc. Even though I am only a little over three weeks in, I haven't cheated but still get cranky when I have to be around tasty treats that I "can't have." Hopefully it will get easier for us newbies and we CAN take JUST ONE BITE of something without devouring the whole thing or being stricten with guilt. Great job!
Old 07-05-2010, 11:02 AM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SonoRoo
Stats: 5'1" ~ 187.6/162/115
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: May 20, 2010
Not feeling motivated or doing well with this over the past week or so. 170 today. I can't seem to get past this plateau. I hope I am not sabotaging myself. I am getting back on track today and watching every little thing I put in my mouth.

Last night was hard, my hubby, who is usually supportive, made a plate for me to eat when I got home from a call back. In the middle of the plate was a baked potato. I just stared at him in horror. It felt like anger, frustration, and frightening all at once. That potato is the culmination of everything that has kept me fat. So what did I do? Eat about a 1/4 cup so as to not hurt his feelings. WHY??? Argh! I should have just put it aside and ate the veggies and shrimp, but no. *sigh* I am much better able to control what I eat when he is gone for a month. He will be leaving again in a week so that will give me more control. Just feeling really out of control and sad and frustrated today.
Old 07-05-2010, 01:43 PM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
Is it any wonder that food and the compulsion to eat is just as much an addiction as smoking, alcohol, drugs, and other obsessive behaviors?

Would you allow a recovering drug addict to have "just a little" heroin or cocaine, just a teeny bit? Would you allow an recovering alcoholic to have "just one drink", just a little taste? Or allow a recovering smoker to take a puff of a cigarette? Of course not. The reason? These people are recovering addicts, each from their own particular demon.

Food is the same thing, especially when you have allowed it to take over your life. Obesity is not funny, it is medically dangerous and life threatening. Just as much as any other addiction. You will always be a recovering food addict, just as other addicts will always be recovering. There is no cure. Crave chocolate, sugar, or sweets? Crave or want. Perhaps both. Need? No.

What MWL teaches is control and choice. This is a major lifestyle and mindset change and is just as difficult as overcoming any other addiction. People eat for many of the same reasons as others use their drugs of choice. These reasons behind the action need to be faced and dealt with and understood, for only then can you begin to overcome and take charge. The initial reason is one thing, but the compulsion or need to eat becomes an obsession in many many ways. Food rules your life, and in so many subtle ways. What needs to happen is to face what it is that causes you to believe you need to eat sugar, or sweets, or just food in general, and to eat more than is necessary. More is better? I think not.

For this program to be successful, you will need to change how you think and feel about food. Determine why you got to where you are, and make the choice to change your life for you, and you alone. Overcoming a food addiction is not any easier when friends an family are non supportive, or attempt to sabotage (even unknowingly) your attempt to change. It is not a case of "cannot have" or "feeling deprived". That is the old thinking. It is a case of "I choose NOT to have that", and "I will choose this instead". Always be prepared when you are going to events that cause the old feelings to be resurrected. Even after almost two years since I began my journey, I can feel the old pull. I choose to walk away, and I always come prepared.

Unless you are in maintenance, put the scale away. Weighing every day is just as much an obsession during the acute phase and wanting to eat something off plan. Maintenance suggests weighing every day to stay abreast of where you are. Acute phase, no. Your focus during the acute phase needs to be on assessing your behaviors, emotions and other factors that have caused the overweight/obese problem. Your behaviors require change and modification if you are to succeed. If you are doing everything you are being asked to do, and following the plan, the weight WILL come off. I gave my scales to my neighbors while I was on acute. Never weighed myself once except at my weekly weigh ins. Did I want to? You bet.

Hang in there, follow the program, and you will be successful. This IS the one that works.

Jo
Old 07-05-2010, 01:55 PM   #53
Senior LCF Member

On days that I am super craving something I can't just have a bite or I would fear not being able to stop. But some days I am perfectly fine eatting one bite and being satisfied with that. I think you have to know yourself, and weigh all options. I no longer feel deprived of foods that I "can't have". I understand that I am choosing not to eat those foods, it's not because they are "off limits" it's just because they don't get me to my goal, so because I have made peace with that one bite doesn't set me off....does that make since. I will never again have it in my house not for myself nor for my family, they don't need it either. I have totally changed how I look at food, and although I still have cravings from time to time, I know that they are cravings, not something I really need. I really am at peace with my new way of eatting. It has even changed my way of thinking about a lot of life. My husband has not only commented about my weight loss, but also my attitude about food, and life. I am much happier, much more at peace, and I no longer have that deprived, frustrated, angry I can't eat something attitude. I just feel better.

On that note, I did go back to week one eatting today. I'm still in ketosis, but I want to really make a hard push to lose those last 8lbs before vacation. So I am cutting out veggies this week (I've never added fruit). I am also going to run 4 days a week, and walk my 2 off days, with 1 rest days. Just stepping it up a bit to help me reach my goal. Then when I get back from vacation (and I know I won't have a problem there because we are having a family reunion at a church camp and our in charge of our own food...there is not kitchen), I will have my finaly 10lbs to lose to hit my ultimate goal. I can't belive I am soooooooo close.
Old 07-05-2010, 03:30 PM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Jo's said it all.

It's all mindset here. You've been given the tools,please use them!!!

lins-don't cut your vegetables.Remember,you have to feed your workouts! Your body will go into survival mode and you will not lose weight!! You need to feed your exercise.By not taking in carbs,you're already making your body burn your fat for energy.BUT you do need a certain amount of calories a day just to breathe! Nevermind how many it needs to just walk around
Just changing your workouts will help. Get in all your water and the supplements!!!!! Watch everything you put in your body and write it down!

Just stating a fact,,,,been there done that

cindy
Old 07-05-2010, 05:28 PM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NOT2fat4fun
Stats: 190/178/145 again
Start Date: May 5, 2009
HI All - just got back from part one of my three part vacation - feel absolutely great! My guy just started doing Bikram yoga so I went with him - first time was painful but the second time I was SOLD! So love it! Now I am looking for studios to go to for the rest of my travels! Food is good - won't be weighing in for three weeks because of my schedule but feel just so happy right now.
Have also fallen in love with lowfat greek yogurt - you can do so many things with it! Anybody else into it?
Ciao for now - have a great July!

You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it
Old 07-05-2010, 05:40 PM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Cindy for your advice, but my clinic was actually the one who suggested I go back to a week one eatting....including giving up the veggies. I'm only going to do it for 3-4 days. They suggested it would give my metabalism a little jump start again, since my losses have been a little slow the past few weeks. I was told to increase my protein to 600 calories instead of the 500 to make sure I have enough energy to get through my run. Everything I do is on the advice or the okay of my clinic, I wouldn't do something on my own because I am not a doctor and don't know what works and what doesn't work so I always check with them first.
Old 07-05-2010, 05:41 PM   #57
Junior LCF Member

Quote:

Thanks, I feel so much better today. Tried Turkey sausage today...not bad with an egg and Tabasco sauce. I think I will be amazed with the food that I will grow to love, which I thought I would never eat. You are all so encouraging!
Old 07-05-2010, 08:05 PM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Good advice, Cindy. ("don't cut your vegetables.Remember,you have to feed your workouts! Your body will go into survival mode and you will not lose weight!! You need to feed your exercise.By not taking in carbs,you're already making your body burn your fat for energy.") Thanks for posting that! I was about to go back to a week 1 schedule and up my exercise....
Old 07-05-2010, 10:03 PM   #59
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: FLASH64
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: June 28, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower531 View Post
Hello, I am on week one, day 4! I think this is the hardest thing I have done. Love the site though!
Hi. I am going to weigh in the morning. I know exactly how you feel. The third day of the diet I decided to go back and get another B12 and B1&6 combo....that helped me to get out of the chair again. I am anxious to see what I have lost after the first week...keep fingers and toes crossed.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:04 AM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ortal
Stats: 184/138/120 5'5"
Start Date: 4/26/2010
completely not medi related but i found out that my boyfriend cheated on me about 6 months ago over the weekend. im still in complete shock. havent been able to eat. i dont know what to even do with myself, i havent cried yet as it hasnt sunk in but i know thatll come soon too.

weve been together over two years.
Closed Thread