Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2010, 10:30 AM   #541
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
I had a weigh-in this morning and didn' lose anything, but I didn't gain anything either which was my goal while on vacation.....so I did acheive that. My clinic was very happy that I made it through vacation without gaining anything.

I am on day 2 of week one eatting today, and praying that I say on calorie goal today. I am feeling good about myself and my size 10 pants are too big and my size 8 pants fit perfectly so I have a little bit of complaceny with where I am at, BUT I am not yet in a heatlhy BMI, and in all honesty. I WANT to loose about 10-15 more lbs, I just don't have the motivation in my right now. We have a few stressful things going on with very dear friends so it's hard to stay focused. But I WILL get to the 120's!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2010, 11:09 AM   #542
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: suzanna1
Stats: 215/162.5/149 5'8" 38 years old
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinic
Mary ~ You look wonderful!!! I am so glad that you checked in!

Lins ~ Great job maintaining during vacation!!! That's an awesome feat!!!

Shelley ~ Congratulation on the size 13 jeans! Woo hoo!

Charlene ~ Congrats on losing fat! That is the ultimate goal. Next week, your water will be down and you will have a great whoosh!

I received a nice compliment this morning. A new team member at work commented when I refused a donut during a meeting. He said that I was so thin that I could use a donut. I said that I don't eat donuts, which is why I am thin. (I still don't believe that I am thin?!?... but this conversation made my day. )
Old 07-30-2010, 02:10 PM   #543
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Charlene4
Stats: 154.5/135/135
WOE: vegan/vegetarian
Start Date: June 7,2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanna1 View Post
Mary ~ You look wonderful!!! I am so glad that you checked in!

Lins ~ Great job maintaining during vacation!!! That's an awesome feat!!!

Shelley ~ Congratulation on the size 13 jeans! Woo hoo!

Charlene ~ Congrats on losing fat! That is the ultimate goal. Next week, your water will be down and you will have a great whoosh!

I received a nice compliment this morning. A new team member at work commented when I refused a donut during a meeting. He said that I was so thin that I could use a donut. I said that I don't eat donuts, which is why I am thin. (I still don't believe that I am thin?!?... but this conversation made my day. )
Don't you love little stuff like that, I'm sure you look fabulous in person (you look fabulous in your pic)! I had to refuse a donut on Thursday too....after a co-worker put the whole box on my desk so I would stumble upon them in the morning. It was just a joke since I give him a hard time because he's 22 and thin as a rail and eats whatever her wants. It's really not hard for me to turn down desserts like it used to be.
I also forgot to mention, while I was ranting earlier, that despite my lack of a loss this week, I am down a pants size and an inch on my hips and waist! I even commented to the MA at the clinic that it wasn't so much that I was worried about my numberical weight, just the amount of fat. I'd like to get down to about 22% body fat....we'll see.
Good job Lins on not gaining on vacation or while under stress....which is probably harder than vacation! Everybody have a good weekend.

maintenance
Old 07-30-2010, 02:28 PM   #544
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Tomorrow night we have a party to go to for my sister-in-law's birthday...drinks & appetizers being served. Party isn't until 7 pm, so I know I will have eaten dinner already...but any suggestions for a good appetizer to bring (so that if I end up munching on something, at least I'll make a healthy choice!). My husband laughed when I told him I was going to make a platter of cheese & turkey pepperoni & crackers...so I could at least have cheese and the pepperoni! (And since my girls are the only 2 kids going I knew they'd have crackers to munch on!). SIL's parties are usually on the "fancier" end of things, so I'm trying to think of something that not only is Medi-friendly for me, but looks good for the others too!

Any other ideas? Thanks!

Over 100lbs. GONE FOREVER
Thanks to MWL!
8 months to Wellness....5/11/10 - 1/11/11
Old 07-30-2010, 02:39 PM   #545
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: suzanna1
Stats: 215/162.5/149 5'8" 38 years old
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinic
Keri ~

How about a veggie or a shrimp tray?
Old 07-30-2010, 05:51 PM   #546
Senior LCF Member

I'm having a "I want to snack" kind of night. I made some sugar free/fat free pudding with the unsweetened almond milk, and ate it REALLY slow, but that didn't help at all. I'm at 590 calories for the day so I need to stop eatting. I will make myself a diet Dr. Pepper and go take a long hot bath.........
Old 07-30-2010, 06:09 PM   #547
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
Start Date: May 11, 2010
suzanna - my mother-in-law is doing both of those! That's the hard part - I need something "original"...usually I do a dip from Harry & David, but way too tempting (and I didn't have time to go to a Harry & David store today!).
Old 07-30-2010, 07:21 PM   #548
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
How about something with berries...and cherries...like strawberries and raspberries...or blueberries....with some low cal Cool Whip in the center for dipping? You can be really creative with color and such on a pretty plate?

Jo
Old 07-30-2010, 07:29 PM   #549
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Nance7
Stats: 5'3" 165/125/135 Restart 7/9/12 at 142
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 5/31/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2princesses View Post
Tomorrow night we have a party to go to for my sister-in-law's birthday...drinks & appetizers being served. Party isn't until 7 pm, so I know I will have eaten dinner already...but any suggestions for a good appetizer to bring (so that if I end up munching on something, at least I'll make a healthy choice!). My husband laughed when I told him I was going to make a platter of cheese & turkey pepperoni & crackers...so I could at least have cheese and the pepperoni! (And since my girls are the only 2 kids going I knew they'd have crackers to munch on!). SIL's parties are usually on the "fancier" end of things, so I'm trying to think of something that not only is Medi-friendly for me, but looks good for the others too!

Any other ideas? Thanks!
When I've had to take something to parties lately, I've made a caprese salad and laid it out really pretty on a platter: thin slices of low-fat mozzarella, layered with tomato slices, chopped fresh basil. Then, instead of olive oil and balsamic vinegar, I use a great salad dressing made by Maple Grove Farms of Vermont (can buy this in grocery stores here), Fat Free Balsamic Vinaigrette. It is FIVE calories for 2 Tbsp, no fat, 1 gram of carbs. It is really good, and 2 Tbsp is about all you need to drizzle on the platter. Everybody loves this, and I get to eat it, too. Hope this helps.
Old 07-31-2010, 06:38 AM   #550
Senior LCF Member

I broke down and cried to my husband last night. I was just in a "life's not fair" kind of mood. I get discouraged with myself sometimes for my attitude toward myself. I have a friend who has been working out at the gym for the past 6 weeks and she just told me she was in a size 4. She's been one of my biggest supporters and I am really happy for her, but I can't help but compare myself to her, and I know that's my own fault not hers. I probably won't ever be a size 4, I wasn't even a size 4 in high school, so I know it's unrealistic for my body. I am smaller than I have been in over 8 yrs.....maybe longer. I should be HAPPY, but yet I still look in the mirror and see fat. My upper thighs still rub together when I walk, and I can't wear shorts becasue of this. Etc... I still have 15lbs or so to lose, and it just seems so far away at times, that I just want to give up. I'm not GOING To, but I am just so tired sometimes. I know these moments will pass quick enough (TOM is here), but in the mean time it sucks! So for those of you who belive in God, please say a prayer for me, and my attitude toward myself.
Old 07-31-2010, 07:01 AM   #551
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnK
Stats: 5'2" 133/133/115
Start Date: 7/22/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by lins View Post
I broke down and cried to my husband last night. I was just in a "life's not fair" kind of mood. I get discouraged with myself sometimes for my attitude toward myself. I have a friend who has been working out at the gym for the past 6 weeks and she just told me she was in a size 4. She's been one of my biggest supporters and I am really happy for her, but I can't help but compare myself to her, and I know that's my own fault not hers. I probably won't ever be a size 4, I wasn't even a size 4 in high school, so I know it's unrealistic for my body. I am smaller than I have been in over 8 yrs.....maybe longer. I should be HAPPY, but yet I still look in the mirror and see fat. My upper thighs still rub together when I walk, and I can't wear shorts becasue of this. Etc... I still have 15lbs or so to lose, and it just seems so far away at times, that I just want to give up. I'm not GOING To, but I am just so tired sometimes. I know these moments will pass quick enough (TOM is here), but in the mean time it sucks! So for those of you who belive in God, please say a prayer for me, and my attitude toward myself.
Hey lins ~ you've got my prayers fer sure and I know how you feel (I guess most everybody here has "those" days!) But I was looking at your stats & if my math is correct, you've lost over 40 pounds in 15 weeks... WOW!!! I'm finishing up my 2nd week & hope that I can do half as well as you have done. I only lost 4.4 lbs. my 1st week & despite all my hard work, I don't "feel" like I've lost any more. Your thigh issue is dear to my heart, 'cause I have the same problem. My butt & thighs just LOVE to hang onto the fat, I guess. They'll always be proportionately bigger, so that's a fact of life (genetics...). Anyway, I know you'll hang in there. The hardest things we face and overcome are worth the most in the long run. Be proud of yourself!!!
Old 07-31-2010, 07:30 AM   #552
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SonoRoo
Stats: 5'1" ~ 187.6/162/115
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: May 20, 2010
Oh lins, I think we are all unrealistic at times. I get really wrapped up in the whole "I have to lose weight this week or I feel undeserving" thing sometimes. I have tried to learn to let that go somewhat. Especially this week where I couldn't weigh in during the mornings and had to eat the hospital food. I didn't meet my mini goal and that bothers me but I can't let it derail me. I know these last few weeks have been extremely frustrating for you. Don't let it get you down!!! You have done amazing and we look to you as inspiration! So don't feel so down. I'll say a little prayer for you! <3

Do Over Mini Goal: at or below 160 before May
Old 07-31-2010, 09:01 AM   #553
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tydreamer
Start Date: 2/10/10
Lins, I DREAMED I broke down to my husband last nite, but in real life I didn't. But I am struggling too. I was 152 on the scale this morning. Two pounds up from yesterday morning which was two pounds up from Wednesday. Even my hands are swollen today, but am I to believe it's ALL water weight? I doubt it. And it doesn't help that we're so close because in our minds, we're still so far away. I have a girlfriend who is always trying to lose 5 pounds. She does and then she gains it back. Then she loses it. Then gains it. Last week she weighed 113 pounds. One time she said to me, "My four pounds is just as important to me as your 40 pounds is to you." And now I finally get it. If we're not where we want to be, we tend to lose sight of how far we've come and concentrate on the few pounds that are left. Why do we do that? You've come SO FAR!! And you're a runner!!! And you're making healthy choices even on VACATION!! Please be more patient with yourself. You ARE going to get there!
Old 07-31-2010, 09:20 AM   #554
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Charlene4
Stats: 154.5/135/135
WOE: vegan/vegetarian
Start Date: June 7,2010
I'm sorry to hear that some of you are having emotional times. Don't let it get to you....I haven't met any of you guys in person but reading the numbers, I'm sure everyone looks great. As women, we are always our own worst critics! I was at an art gala last night and some of the models were in the restroom when I was....I was just trying to wash my hands and there were about 3 girls standing around the mirror.....all three were...how shall I say, cosmetically enhancing in the boob area...and had to be size 2's or under and were all at least 5'8" or more....they were all GORGEOUS! They were ALL three criticizing themselves in front of the mirror, the smallest and most gorgeous of them all, referring to herself as resembling a "tele-tubby". It was borderline upsetting to me cause it makes you think that, if these gorgeous girls don't think they look good enough, will I EVER truly be 100percent happy with my body? Probably not, but I can be the best that I can be. I'll never be a 2...and I'll always have a bubble butt and be somewhat flat chested (unless I win the lottery and go under the knife, hehe) and I think I might be starting to come to terms with that. I'm NOT that bad. Sorry to blabber but I had to get that off my chest. Also, I'm not sure if I am allowed to plug other websites.....actually it's a blog but it's somewhat relavant. It's called shapeofamother.com. I have contributed to it a couple times and find it helpful and empowering if you have had children. I'll shut up now.

On a positive note, I weighed myself this morning at I was 136, which means I've already lost my water from yesterday. I usually don't weigh in between follow ups cause I like the surprise.
Old 07-31-2010, 10:01 AM   #555
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Azurro
Stats: 229.2/193.8/160
Start Date: May 2010
Hi all- I had my weigh in yesterday and lost 1.8lbs for a total of 39.4..However, I wont be weighed in for three weeks... I am going away with family which will be great.. I have packed alot of snacks that I can have but Im so worried about the next three weeks..I even packed my scale..Is that bad??? I am bringing all my supplements and the medi melts... but...still worried... wish me luck....
Old 07-31-2010, 11:34 AM   #556
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: onajourney
Stats: 288.5/252/160-170?
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: 06/10/2010
Azurro,

Good luck to you! Have a great vacation.

I went out of town but it was only for a week and
I was able to stick to the eating plan.
While still a challenge at times it was easier than I thought it would be.

I made sure I continued to write everything in my journal.
I am thankful that I dont crave those high carb foods very often anymore.

Bringing the scale - good idea, especially since going for 3 weeks. It will keep you mindful of where you are.

Just take one day at a time...much continued success to you
Old 07-31-2010, 03:10 PM   #557
Major LCF Poster!

~Azurro~I am going to suggest leaving the scale at home and enjoying your vacation time, staying as medi-friendly as possible. I am sure there will be many different places where you will find a set of scales to weigh yourself, if you are that determined to do so. You need to be confident in your ability to stay on plan. Having the scale along is not going be that much of a help. You need to learn to listen to your body and what it tells you. Now would be a good time to do that.

Have a great trip!

Jo
Old 07-31-2010, 03:16 PM   #558
Major LCF Poster!

~lins~Just remember that the friend simply SAID she was in a 4. Is she truly or did she just say it..maybe she is and maybe she isn't...who knows for sure...and it really should not be an issue for you. Good lord, I have friends who say they are a 2 or a 4...and goody for them. I will NEVER reach that size EVER. And sure as life has little green apples....those two will undoubtedly gain back whatever they lost by November...because they always do...and then complain about it. I have learned to say, that's nice and go on with my life. It truly will make no difference to me in the great scheme of things. Hang in there. You can do this.

Jo
Old 07-31-2010, 03:58 PM   #559
Senior LCF Member

She really is a size 4. She's never been more than 10lbs or so "overweight", she's a pretty naturally then person and I get that. She does eat healthy and she has been working out REALLY hard to get to the 4, and her abs are amazing. But her sister and om are also both TINY. I know it's more genetic than anything, but it's still frustrating. And like I said I hate to be upset by it because she has been one of my biggest supporters. We are at her house a lot and she always tells me what she is planning on serving before I arrive. At her daughters birthday they hand hamburgers for everyone, and she had grilled me and her some chicken (without even asking) before I arrived because they were "fatty" hamburgers. She really understands how hard I am working. So it's not "her" that was upsetting to me it was just that realization that I can only be me, and that is not going to be the "super thin" girl.....I know that but it's still hard sometimes.

On a side note, I feel a million times better tonight. I was able to take my 2 oldest girls shopping for school stuff (backpacks, supplies, and tennis shoes.....they wear uniforms), which was a lot of fun. I packed my lunch, and was home in time for dinner. And I always do well away from home because I don't have other options (and we live cash only so I am never tempted to stop and grab something). I am a stay-at-home mom so being at home all day everyday is the hardest for me, even when I only by approved foods.
Old 08-01-2010, 12:12 AM   #560
Major LCF Poster!

This will be your invitation to join us in the new August thread! Come on over!

*.*Absolutely Amazing August with MWL*.*

I will be asking the moderators to lock this thread. Will be looking for all of you over in August!

Jo
Closed Thread