Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2010, 01:47 PM   #451
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SonoRoo
Stats: 5'1" ~ 187.6/162/115
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: May 20, 2010
Nance, it is the only thing about this that frustrates me! LOL!

Hi Debbie! Great Sunday, cleaning the teen daughter's room while she is in Dallas. I think the police might let me off if I murderated her if I just showed them her room and told them she drove me over the edge.

I found out today why I hate Facebook. I've had it one day, count it!!! 1 day! And my sister-in-law has my hubby's ex as a friend. I had to block her so she can't see my info. We've been married 16 years and have managed to keep her away through her many attempts to contact us and the one SIL I don't really like managed to be friends with her. ARGH! I think I should unfriend that SIL. SEE!!! Facebook is nothing but trouble! I KNEW IT!

Do Over Mini Goal: at or below 160 before May

Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2010, 01:56 PM   #452
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
LOL about Facebook, Shelley! I had a situation with an ex-boyfriend on facebook as well. I"m a photographer and facebook has launched my business to a new level. The whole viral marketing thing is just vital in today's world. Anyway, this guy commented on a client's image and basically insulted her child. I was so mortified and he is now blocked.
Old 07-25-2010, 02:48 PM   #453
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Thanks Debbie & Nance for your kind words this morning! I went into our lunch with positive thoughts and it went over much better than I could have imagined. Right away my friends noticed that I had lost weight, which felt great, and we discussed that for a bit (just how I was eating lean protein/low carb with lots of exercise). Our other "friend" was being very moody towards all of us - she's not liking being pregnant one bit - and all of the rest of us already have several kids, so she didn't quite get the sympathy she was looking for. One other friend brought her 9 week old son with her so we could all meet him and that was so nice....completely makes me want 1 more!!! :-)

Hard to believe the weekend is already over....why must it go by so fast!!!!

Over 100lbs. GONE FOREVER
Thanks to MWL!
8 months to Wellness....5/11/10 - 1/11/11
Old 07-25-2010, 04:52 PM   #454
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Both my husband and I are pretty much tired of what we're eating, and having a hard time eating all of our protein calories! weird isn't it? I'm only eating 500 protein calories, and he's supposed to eat between 600 and 800 protein calories. We both agree that it's not that we're craving anything, it just seems like eating doesn't hold the same interest it used to. I guess that's a good thing, because we used to eat as entertainment.....all of our social activities included eating. Now we're eating because we HAVE to, and frankly it's boring! I try to vary our menus, and have made several of the recipes on this site as well as the Medi corporate site.....some are good, some not so much. I know this will pass, and we're both totally committed to Medi, and are thrilled with our progress, but I really could use some inspiration tonight.
As always I think you guys are the BEST, and I appreciate all of the support

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford
Old 07-25-2010, 05:21 PM   #455
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Nance7
Stats: 5'3" 165/125/135 Restart 7/9/12 at 142
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 5/31/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary T8M View Post
Both my husband and I are pretty much tired of what we're eating, and having a hard time eating all of our protein calories! weird isn't it? I'm only eating 500 protein calories, and he's supposed to eat between 600 and 800 protein calories. We both agree that it's not that we're craving anything, it just seems like eating doesn't hold the same interest it used to. I guess that's a good thing, because we used to eat as entertainment.....all of our social activities included eating. Now we're eating because we HAVE to, and frankly it's boring! I try to vary our menus, and have made several of the recipes on this site as well as the Medi corporate site.....some are good, some not so much. I know this will pass, and we're both totally committed to Medi, and are thrilled with our progress, but I really could use some inspiration tonight.
As always I think you guys are the BEST, and I appreciate all of the support
Mary, when I have gotten like that (and I frequently do), I look on the list of acceptable proteins and have some from the 55 or 75 calorie lists--like some dark meat chicken or a few ounces of a really good steak. Also, maybe some real eggs in an omelet or frittata, rather than Egg Beaters. Maybe throw some cheese, nuts, hard-boiled egg on a salad, too. I hear you when you say that everything social was about eating. This is so different. The results are just so worth it!
Old 07-25-2010, 07:08 PM   #456
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Mary - You might try looking at the Energy In/Energy Out thread for some ideas. It's an accountability thread and we're not all perfect, so no guarantees all will be what you need. Also, in the past several weeks several are increasing their calories as they are getting into the next phase after acute. Hope this helps!
Old 07-25-2010, 07:57 PM   #457
Senior LCF Member

Well this weekend stunk. It was the first time I haven't tracked my food since I started Medi and it backfired big time. I just basically ate whatever I wanted and didn't care. I don't really know what came over me. I feel so bloated now.

Tomorrow I'm back on. I need to be very careful because I'm headed out of town and staying with family wednesday and Thursday so for the next two days it slots of water, lots of protein, lots of exercise. I also need to take a good long look at my before picture and remember how miserable that girl used to be.

In Wellness as of 6/4/2010!

Last edited by eptexy; 07-25-2010 at 08:00 PM..
Old 07-25-2010, 08:08 PM   #458
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eptexy View Post
Well this weekend stunk. It was the first time I haven't tracked my food since I started Medi and it backfired big time. I just basically ate whatever I wanted and didn't care. I don't really know what came over me. I feel so bloated now.

Tomorrow I'm back on. I need to be very careful because I'm headed out of town and staying with family wednesday and Thursday so for the next two days it slots of water, lots of protein, lots of exercise. I also need to take a good long look at my before picture and remember how miserable that girl used to be.
You can do it, Erin! Look how far you've come. Isn't it wonderful that we have the tools to get it back together?
Old 07-26-2010, 04:55 AM   #459
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nance7 View Post
You can do it, Erin! Look how far you've come. Isn't it wonderful that we have the tools to get it back together?
YES thank goodness. I woke up this morning 2 lbs heavier. My face looks heavy even. If I were on Weight Watchers, I'd be panicking right about now. Thank goodness for Medi!!!
Old 07-26-2010, 05:29 AM   #460
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ortal
Stats: 184/138/120 5'5"
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 4/26/2010
Erin Im glad you have such a great attitude about it I registered a one pound gain after having too many calories (maybe like 500 extra... thats over 800) and we just need to remind ourselves we didnt eat like 4K extra calories or whatever is needed to gain 2 lbs, and its mostly just salt and whatnot.

I didnt have the best weekend food wise, I tracked but then would nibble at the end of the night. I really need to work on that because Ive been kind of stuck now for a month with small losses or all water losses, and I really dont want to plateau. I know its my own falt, Ive been lenient with myself, but I dont want it to get to me!

Ive gotten close to my goal weight, but never at my goal weight before. I want this to be the exception. it needs to be. I know my weight efforts are huge but if I dont reach my goal i wont be happy. So heres to a water filled, low salt, on track week for all of us.

Mini Goal - 130 by 10/30
Ultimate Goal - 120 by the end of the year.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:13 AM   #461
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mom on a mission
Stats: Ht 5' 7" 247/156.4/160
WOE: MWL
Start Date: January 2, 2010
Good Morning Medi Friends... Have been traveling quite a bit lately and have still managed to maintain- even lost 3lbs after my Disney trip! Although I reached my goal on 6/24, I wanted to see how I would do with all of my vacations before officially entering into wellness. As of last Thursday- I made it! I also achieved a "silent" milestone of losing 90lbs. That was a big psychological victory, being able to own that 90lb avatar

I just got back last night from a whirlwind softball tournament weekend with two of my daughters playing all around beautiful Lake Winnipesaukee, New Hampshire. Today we leave for a 5-6 day National Tournament in York, Pennsylvania..it never ends, lol. I'm confident I can stay on track. Fridge and micro in the room...no problem here!

Be well everyone!

Sue

REACHED GOAL WEIGHT ON 06/24/10
Total Loss: -90.6 lbs

Wellness...
Old 07-26-2010, 07:04 AM   #462
Major LCF Poster!

Sue ~ I am so proud of you for your awesome weight loss, traveling, and staying on track so purposefully! Congratulations girl! And how fun for your daughters to be doing so well in tournaments that they are headed to Nationals! I bet your daughters are so proud of their mom, while you're too so proud of them! Good health habits for all, for life! What a blessing!
Old 07-26-2010, 07:08 AM   #463
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nance7 View Post
Mary, when I have gotten like that (and I frequently do), I look on the list of acceptable proteins and have some from the 55 or 75 calorie lists--like some dark meat chicken or a few ounces of a really good steak. Also, maybe some real eggs in an omelet or frittata, rather than Egg Beaters. Maybe throw some cheese, nuts, hard-boiled egg on a salad, too. I hear you when you say that everything social was about eating. This is so different. The results are just so worth it!
Thanks Nance and Debbie. Today is better (of course it's still early! ) I've already been doing a lot of those things, because DH gets "bored" with food easier than I do. He has been laid off from his job so is home with me (my business closed in October) a LOT! I think that adds to it too. We are VERY determined to follow this program. I think I was just venting, after all it was no one but ourselves putting all of that "interesting" food into our mouths! We're walking, and/or swimming every day, and it's great to see how much endurance we've built up (even in this heat)! I know we are getting healthier every day, and health was the MAIN reason we started on this journey in the first place. The center we go to won't accept you unless you have a significant amount to lose, and have medical problems.
It sure would be harder doing this without the support of this board! Thanks you're the BEST!
Old 07-26-2010, 08:00 AM   #464
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tydreamer
Start Date: 2/10/10
Feel good comment of the week

So I came back to work today after being off for a while and one lady told me I was "too" skinny. Another told me to let her know when I was going to walk by her desk so she could shut her fan off so I wouldn't blow away.

That made my day!!
Old 07-26-2010, 08:01 AM   #465
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ash347
Start Date: March 20,09
Hello medi friends!
I have been a little mia lately.. work work work!
Congrats to those on your losses! its amazing and SO inspiring. I was up 2 lbs for the first time ever.. and TOM is here so I am drinking tons of water.
Sue- thats amazing to travel and lose! traveling is always the worse for me when i am trying to stay on plan!
I would like to start a local orlando/central fl thread.. do you think anyone would like that?
<3
Old 07-26-2010, 10:28 AM   #466
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash347 View Post
Hello medi friends!
I have been a little mia lately.. work work work!
Congrats to those on your losses! its amazing and SO inspiring. I was up 2 lbs for the first time ever.. and TOM is here so I am drinking tons of water.
Sue- thats amazing to travel and lose! traveling is always the worse for me when i am trying to stay on plan!
I would like to start a local orlando/central fl thread.. do you think anyone would like that?
<3
I'm a little south of central FL but I'd like to join. We travel farther south to our center..........it was actually a little closer than going to Melbourne
Old 07-26-2010, 11:14 AM   #467
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tydreamer View Post
So I came back to work today after being off for a while and one lady told me I was "too" skinny. Another told me to let her know when I was going to walk by her desk so she could shut her fan off so I wouldn't blow away.

That made my day!!
I get that sometimes, its very flattering Hope youre having a great day
Old 07-26-2010, 11:17 AM   #468
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Charlene4
Stats: 154.5/135/135
WOE: vegan/vegetarian
Start Date: June 7,2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ortal View Post

Ive gotten close to my goal weight, but never at my goal weight before. I want this to be the exception. it needs to be. I know my weight efforts are huge but if I dont reach my goal i wont be happy. So heres to a water filled, low salt, on track week for all of us.

Amen to that last sentence! I had a rough weekend too....too many social gathering/engagements which caused me not to really cheat but went overboard on allowed veggies. It's amazing how bloated you can get from too much salad! It's a new day and I know I'll make up for it. I can't tell you guys how motivating it is to see other people consistently losing weight and/or maintaining weight on here.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:59 AM   #469
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Jeffrey
Stats: 211/170/160 5'9"
Start Date: 5/25/2010
I had a bad Saturday. My wife ordered a Pizza for her and my son, which isn't terribly unusual, especially since my son has a lack of weight gain issue and needs to eat as much high calorie stuff he can get into his mouth. (why can't I have that diet?). I was getting ready to grill myself some shrimp when I thought. 'I have been doing this 60 days, one slice of Pizza won't hurt." That one slice turned into two and then into three slices. Honestly the only reason I didn't eat more was the Pizza box was empty after I ate my third slice.

And now my scale is showing that I am 3lbs heavier than I was last Tuesday. That seems a bit crazy over 3 slices of Pizza, so today and tomorrow before I weigh in this week I am drinking a ton of water, since I must be retaining some water weight since I didn't eat 3lbs of pizza. It must be sodium right?
Goal Weight: 160 lbs
Current Weight: 170.5 lbs
Total Lost: 41.0 lbs
Weeks in Program: 11 Weeks
Old 07-26-2010, 12:18 PM   #470
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ortal View Post
I get that sometimes, its very flattering Hope youre having a great day
Oh I AM having a great day, Ortal, and I'm back on track. And here's one more little bit of stuff. I went to get a couple more pairs of pants - this time for fall - and grabbed a bunch of size 8's and they were all too big! Never in my life would I have believed this. So I went back and picked out some 6's. I bought two pair. One kinda gaps at in the back but they fit great everywhere else. The other pair is perfect. And they're black, which is slimming, so my husband ALSO said I was thin enough he doesn't want me to lose any more.

I feel like singing!
Old 07-26-2010, 12:39 PM   #471
Senior LCF Member

definitely sodium Jefferey. Drink tons of water and work out when you can, and youll be back on track in no time.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:53 PM   #472
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Charlene4
Stats: 154.5/135/135
WOE: vegan/vegetarian
Start Date: June 7,2010
Quote:
Oh I AM having a great day, Ortal, and I'm back on track. And here's one more little bit of stuff. I went to get a couple more pairs of pants - this time for fall - and grabbed a bunch of size 8's and they were all too big! Never in my life would I have believed this. So I went back and picked out some 6's. I bought two pair. One kinda gaps at in the back but they fit great everywhere else. The other pair is perfect. And they're black, which is slimming, so my husband ALSO said I was thin enough he doesn't want me to lose any more.

I feel like singing!
6's! Awesome....you're so tall too! I wouldn't mind staying the same weight if I could be a couple inches taller.
Old 07-26-2010, 04:23 PM   #473
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
Jeffrey~If that was a plain cheese pizza and the slices were average size, here is the data for just one slice, so times that data by 3 and you will see what happened:

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 3.96 oz (112.3 g)

Amount Per Serving
Calories 251
Calories from Fat 72

% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8.0g 12%
Saturated Fat 4.0g 20%
Cholesterol 20mg 7%
Sodium 451mg 19%
Total Carbohydrates 32.1g 11%
Dietary Fiber 2.0g 8%
Sugars 3.0g
Protein 13.0g

Vitamin A 8% • Vitamin C 4%
Calcium 20% • Iron 10

Calories 753

Carbs 96.3 gm

Sodium 1353mg

Fat 24gm

A single piece of pizza (plain cheese) can weigh about 3.96 ounces. You ate three, which would equate to 11.88 ounces, which is a over 1/2 of a pound and almost 3/4ths of a pound. If it was other than a cheese pizza, just up all the numbers.

..and all the percentages will be x3 as well. Now, understand, I am not trying to make you feel badly, but rather to get you to focus on what you did to yourself.

By the time you add in what else you ate during the day plus all the carbs and sodium, yep...3 pounds is about right.

Believe me, if I think about doing something like this, which I HAVE thought about but not done, I work it out like this. By the time I am finished, I have realized that it is just flat out is not worth it.

But now it is done and over with. Do not continue to beat yourself up over it, as that does absolutely no good and is a terribly negative behavior besides. Instead, get back on the horse, back on plan, and chalk it up to experience. Abd renew your commitment to your health and to the program while you are at it. You will be successful if you truly want to be!

Hang in there!

Jo

Last edited by Desert-Rose7; 07-26-2010 at 04:24 PM..
Old 07-26-2010, 05:16 PM   #474
Senior LCF Member

Lea - definitely sounds like your week started off on the right foot!!! Yippee!

Jo - I really like how you break down the food you are "thinking" about eating...yikes, really shows you what it will do to you!!! And I'm guessing after you take the time to see its nutritional value, the urge to eat it has probably left anyway! I find if I can somehow delay that initial urge...then I forget about it (you know, kind of like we have to do with toddlers!).

Went to the beach with my mom & girls today...had a blast! Already figuring out which day to go back! Feel like I didn't drink enough today...trying to make up for it tonight. Weigh-in tomorrow - hope the lack of water today doesn't hurt me too much!
Old 07-26-2010, 06:26 PM   #475
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

I feel like singing!
Lea, that is just amazing! I know you must feel so good! Good for you!
Old 07-26-2010, 06:56 PM   #476
Major LCF Poster!

Wow Lea! Size six!! That is so wonderful....can't wait til our next lunch and I see you in your new clothes!
Old 07-26-2010, 07:12 PM   #477
Senior LCF Member

Just searched the recipe threads and didn't find anything....so, does anyone have a recipe for making scallops?

For some reason I want them...and have never even attempted cooking scallops (and I am very simplistic/basic with my cooking skills!). Would love some info - don't know if I should try to sautee them maybe with olive oil/baby spinach/mushrooms? or broil them? Any help/ideas/recipes appreciated!
Old 07-26-2010, 08:07 PM   #478
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
Quote:

That made my day!!
Today I saw my weight in the 150s (158lb) - the lowest I have ever been. I cannot believe it - 6 months, 94.8 lb. Over the weekend I got an interesting comment. One person did not recognized me and thought that I was my sister that he never knew I had (I don't have any sisters). Now every time he sees me he is joking: "Is your sister coming too?" It was a very original comment
Old 07-26-2010, 08:22 PM   #479
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2princesses View Post
Just searched the recipe threads and didn't find anything....so, does anyone have a recipe for making scallops?

For some reason I want them...and have never even attempted cooking scallops (and I am very simplistic/basic with my cooking skills!). Would love some info - don't know if I should try to sautee them maybe with olive oil/baby spinach/mushrooms? or broil them? Any help/ideas/recipes appreciated!
I read this too fast and I saw sautee them with baby oil. Don't try that.
I've done scallops several different ways. Broiling is really good and simple. Butter, maybe a little lemon. I really like them grilled too - same thing, butter in a foild pack. They're really easy and really yummy - as long as you don't use the baby oil.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:24 PM   #480
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by irabeslim View Post
Today I saw my weight in the 150s (158lb) - the lowest I have ever been. I cannot believe it - 6 months, 94.8 lb. Over the weekend I got an interesting comment. One person did not recognized me and thought that I was my sister that he never knew I had (I don't have any sisters). Now every time he sees me he is joking: "Is your sister coming too?" It was a very original comment
Yippy!! You have AMAZING stats and you've done so much in such a short time!! Congratulations!!
Closed Thread