Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2010, 12:48 PM   #421
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Nance7
Stats: 5'3" 165/125/135 Restart 7/9/12 at 142
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 5/31/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochelle91214 View Post
I have a question for everyone. I woke up today really not feeling well. I have an excruciating sore throat, sick to my stomach and have a 101 fever I have a dr. appointment at 11:15 thank goodness!

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to eat when you're "under the weather?" Usually the only things that I can keep down and make me feel better are saltine crackers and ginger ale. I have diet ginger ale but am trying so hard to not eat the crackers. Just thinking of eating chicken or eggs right now is making me even more nauseus so I don't really know what to do?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated right now!!
What about fat-free chicken broth, even with a few chunks of chicken in it? Having the warm liquid in your throat might help. Maybe some of the no sugar added applesauce? Keep the fluids going. I hope you feel better!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2010, 01:02 PM   #422
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Charlene4
Stats: 154.5/135/135
WOE: vegan/vegetarian
Start Date: June 7,2010
two more pounds this week, totally un-expected since I had a bad week! I got to meet with the doctor today too which was a nice surprise.
Gave blood after my medi appointment and have the worst headache ever....kinda expected that one.
Old 07-23-2010, 01:03 PM   #423
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ortal
Stats: 184/138/120 5'5"
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 4/26/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurro View Post
Hi all-
Went in for my weigh in today.lost 1.6 this week..for a total of 30lbs since May6th...so far so good..
Rochelle--how about the oopsie rolls?? that might help...

congrats on the weight losss! Oppsie rolls might be a bit too much work with a fever, i would think, I agree with the fat free chicken broth... always does the trick for me when I feel icky
Old 07-23-2010, 01:12 PM   #424
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: suzanna1
Stats: 215/162.5/149 5'8" 38 years old
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinic
How about egg drop soup (boil chicken broth & pour a whisked egg into the boiling water), diet ginger ale or diet Sprite, sugar free popsicle made from Crystal Light, mashed cauliflower, pumpkin shake (1/2 scoop of vanilla protein powder, 1 carb control vanilla yogurt, 2T canned pumpkin, 1/2 cup water, artificial sweetener, & ice in blender), sugar free jello... just some ideas

I hope you feel better very quickly!
Old 07-23-2010, 01:28 PM   #425
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Charlene - I gave a unit of blood shortly after starting MWL and remember being told to drink a lot more extra water than usual, and eat more protein (which I made sure to rebuild hemoglobin by eating red meat...but I know you're not doing that....) so maybe you could just add another 100 calories of extra protein today. You are nearly at goal, girl!

Congratulations Ortal! Whoo Hoo!!
Old 07-23-2010, 01:42 PM   #426
Senior LCF Member

[QUOTE=suzanna1;13721419]How about egg drop soup (boil chicken broth & pour a whisked egg into the boiling water), diet ginger ale or diet Sprite, sugar free popsicle made from Crystal Light, mashed cauliflower, pumpkin shake (1/2 scoop of vanilla protein powder, 1 carb control vanilla yogurt, 2T canned pumpkin, 1/2 cup water, artificial sweetener, & ice in blender), sugar free jello... just some ideas]

Wow--This is great info for all of us! Thanks, Suzanna.

Congrats, Charlene! You are almost off to maintenance! Ortal, 40 lbs! Wow--what an accomplishment!
Old 07-23-2010, 02:51 PM   #427
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
Charlene - I gave a unit of blood shortly after starting MWL and remember being told to drink a lot more extra water than usual, and eat more protein (which I made sure to rebuild hemoglobin by eating red meat...but I know you're not doing that....) so maybe you could just add another 100 calories of extra protein today. You are nearly at goal, girl!

Congratulations Ortal! Whoo Hoo!!
I've been drinking SO much water and Powerade. I made some eggs, real ones with yolks with cheese and spinach....hopefully that will help. I was good and brought my own protein bar with me so I wouldn't be tempted by the cookies and granola bars that they provide at the donation center. It's hard to believe I am only 2 pounds from my original goal, so quickly. I am aiming for an additional 5 pounds more because I can't imagine being satisfied with only two more pounds....and I'd love to get my body fat down a little bit more...I don't even know if this is realistically possible without losing more weight....I really don't want to go below 125 or 130 in terms of pounds...but I'd like my body fat to be more like 22-23ish percent.

maintenance
Old 07-23-2010, 05:22 PM   #428
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: KimNC
Stats: 175/158.2/135
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 6/5/2010
Hi all! So I only posted my first week and have been pretty lax about getting back on here. I'd like some opinions if I could get them. I've been on Medi since June 5th, and 48 days later I've lost 17 pounds. This is terrific, especially considering I have a thyroid issue. Here's my situation...

I've stuck to this diet insanely, doing everything I'm told by my counselors. I've been exercising every other day, 30 minutes (couch to 5K program) and never miss a workout day. So I began in the clinic near my home and went there the first 5 weeks. Then I began a new job and switched clinics based on location, and have gone to that clinic twice.

The first clinic changed my plan by week 3 (I think) because of my exercise. I was told to eat 600 calories on days I don't work out - not including my fat or my vegetables/fruit - and 850 calories on days I do work out - not including fat, vegetables/fruit, OR the extra 100 cals of protein and 1/2 a fruit to fuel my body before the workout.

I've been so discouraged because last week I lost a little over a pound and today, .8 pounds. That's point 8. So the counselor I met with told me I have been eating too much. That I should be eating 800 calories a day consistently, including my vegetables/fruit AND my fat, and the same on days I work out but to throw in the extra 100 protein and 1/2 fruit without counting it.

Guys, I don't mind telling you I was a little peeved. How on earth have I gone to about 5 different counselors and gotten a different story this last time? I'm paying this company 100 bucks a week plus meds - and they all have different methods??? Good grief, I would have done better had I just stayed on this forum rather than listened to all these counselors giving me a different story. Am I jumping the gun with my righteous anger, or is it not so righteous? I'd really love some opinions from those of you that have lots of experience with Medi. Thanks all!

Kim
Old 07-23-2010, 08:54 PM   #429
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimNC View Post
Hi all! So I only posted my first week and have been pretty lax about getting back on here. I'd like some opinions if I could get them. I've been on Medi since June 5th, and 48 days later I've lost 17 pounds. This is terrific, especially considering I have a thyroid issue. Here's my situation...

I've stuck to this diet insanely, doing everything I'm told by my counselors. I've been exercising every other day, 30 minutes (couch to 5K program) and never miss a workout day. So I began in the clinic near my home and went there the first 5 weeks. Then I began a new job and switched clinics based on location, and have gone to that clinic twice.

The first clinic changed my plan by week 3 (I think) because of my exercise. I was told to eat 600 calories on days I don't work out - not including my fat or my vegetables/fruit - and 850 calories on days I do work out - not including fat, vegetables/fruit, OR the extra 100 cals of protein and 1/2 a fruit to fuel my body before the workout.

I've been so discouraged because last week I lost a little over a pound and today, .8 pounds. That's point 8. So the counselor I met with told me I have been eating too much. That I should be eating 800 calories a day consistently, including my vegetables/fruit AND my fat, and the same on days I work out but to throw in the extra 100 protein and 1/2 fruit without counting it.

Guys, I don't mind telling you I was a little peeved. How on earth have I gone to about 5 different counselors and gotten a different story this last time? I'm paying this company 100 bucks a week plus meds - and they all have different methods??? Good grief, I would have done better had I just stayed on this forum rather than listened to all these counselors giving me a different story. Am I jumping the gun with my righteous anger, or is it not so righteous? I'd really love some opinions from those of you that have lots of experience with Medi. Thanks all!

Kim
I started only 2 days after you and have lost 17.5lbs so far. I am not angry but in a way, I wish they had it to were (if you were going to the same clinic) you could see the same person every time you go. I have had about 3 (maybe 4) different people that I have talked to when I go for follow ups and it seems like each one of them tells me at least one thing that varies from what the last or next person tells me. I have been on 550-600 protein calories from the start and honestly, I have eaten more at times and still lost. Like anyone in their position, I'm sure they just have to give you a reason why you didn't lose more. The week that I only lost one pound, it was suggested that maybe I was overdoing it on carbs. I stay around the same number of carbs each day....almost all the time...but the week following the one pound loss, I actually ate a few extra carbs because I got a little discouraged and the next week I lost 4.5 pounds. I don't think they are trying to mislead you but I think our bodies act crazy at times and it is their job to try to pinpoint the reason....and ultimately, everyone works a little differently. I would give their advice a try and if it doesn't work, just stick to what you were originally doing. Good luck!!
Old 07-23-2010, 09:37 PM   #430
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
Just checking in. I am having so much fun on our family reunion (just my brothers, cousins, aunts and uncles....not 3rd cousin twice removed kind of reunion, just everyone under my grandfather....33 of us). We are staying at a church camp in cabins. We brought our own food so I have done fine on my Medi. I drink a shake for breakfast, eat a bar for lunch, beef jerfky for a snack, and we go out for dinner (I had grilled chicken on a salad tonight). I am going running with my brother tomorrow morning. It's been perfect!!!!!
Old 07-24-2010, 03:40 AM   #431
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by lins View Post
Just checking in. I am having so much fun on our family reunion (just my brothers, cousins, aunts and uncles....not 3rd cousin twice removed kind of reunion, just everyone under my grandfather....33 of us). We are staying at a church camp in cabins. We brought our own food so I have done fine on my Medi. I drink a shake for breakfast, eat a bar for lunch, beef jerfky for a snack, and we go out for dinner (I had grilled chicken on a salad tonight). I am going running with my brother tomorrow morning. It's been perfect!!!!!
Great, Lins, keep it up! It sounds like you planned ahead before you went on vacation and now just follow your plan. This is the way to go! I am going on vacation abroad this coming Tuesday and have been "planning" and worrying for days now. In the past (before Medi), I could not control myself on vacation regardless of any good intentions and planning. You will be my "example" now . I am determined to break this pattern.
Old 07-24-2010, 07:53 AM   #432
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Rochelle91214
Stats: 207/176/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: October 23, 2009-Restarted on July 7, 2010
Thank you for the suggestions! I went to the dr yesterday and she thinks I have mono! I have felt horrible the past 2 days and can barely get out of bed. My mom brought me some chicken soup last night (not medi friendly) but it was all I could eat, plus I had no energy to make anything myself. I had some crackers earlier in the day too. I don't even know if I'll be able to get to my appointment this week. I hope this passes soon and hopefully it's just a virus and NOT mono. This is really putting a damper on my summer and my medi WOE.

"Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels"
Old 07-24-2010, 08:02 AM   #433
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tydreamer
Start Date: 2/10/10
Rochelle, you poor thing!! I had mono in my 30's and it was probably the sickest I've ever been. I pray that you don't have it!!! If you do, tho, you're going to have to take care of yourself and do whatever you can to get better. Even if that means eating (and drinking) off plan! We'll all be here for you! I hope you feel better soon!
Old 07-24-2010, 08:06 AM   #434
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: txntv
Stats: 5'5" 169.5/131/140
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: March 25, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochelle91214 View Post
Thank you for the suggestions! I went to the dr yesterday and she thinks I have mono! I have felt horrible the past 2 days and can barely get out of bed. My mom brought me some chicken soup last night (not medi friendly) but it was all I could eat, plus I had no energy to make anything myself. I had some crackers earlier in the day too. I don't even know if I'll be able to get to my appointment this week. I hope this passes soon and hopefully it's just a virus and NOT mono. This is really putting a damper on my summer and my medi WOE.
Oh, no. I had mono in my senior year of high school and it dragged on and on because I couldn't stop exercising at the end of the illness when I finally got some energy back. I went home at noon almost daily (classes ended at 2pm for me... so I only missed two classes).

I hate to hope for any illness -- but I do hope it's a virus not mono because mono lasts a while and you must rest to get over it. This is an illness that requires following doctor's advice. Rest... watch movies you've been wanting to see.
July: -2.5
Beyond: -5
Total loss: 38

Wellness...
Old 07-24-2010, 08:14 AM   #435
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SonoRoo
Stats: 5'1" ~ 187.6/162/115
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: May 20, 2010
Just checking in. Thank you guys so much. I cannot even begin to express my feelings of gratitude and love to you guys. Everyone here is so amazingly caring and supportive. I think that is what helps us stick through this. Without this forum I may not have stuck with the program through the rough spots. I walk around the house and miss my "big dog". But every day is a little easier and I take solace in the fact that we were able to give him a peaceful exit from this world. That makes it easier than I would have thought.

On a more positive note, I made it into medium scrubs this week and I get to give all my large scrubs to the girls at work. It makes them all very excited as well because nice scrubs are expensive. They get new scrubs without having to spend a fortune. So I get satisfaction through losing the weight and helping others. The whole process is therapeautic.

I am starting to get to the point where when I look in the mirror I feel like I am looking at a stranger. It doesn't look like me to me. It bothers me just a bit, but I cam coping for now. We'll so how it goes. I looked at a picture of me from Christmas of last year until now and the difference is so wild. I think it so amazing that we are not comfortable when heavy, but we manage to push those feelings aside not to deal with the reality. Then we lose weight and we are healthier and our bodies are more shapely and then we are also not always happy with the difference. Weird.

I have a picture of my sweet Kaiso but can't upload it yet because I have refused to have any sort of online social account to link these things to. I just got the HTC Evo and it streams Facebook, so I might get one. I am debating it.

Do Over Mini Goal: at or below 160 before May
Old 07-24-2010, 01:14 PM   #436
Major LCF Poster!

Shelley! So happy you're feeling alright...it's still an adjustment process when a pet has been in your life. It is really great how supportive everybody on this site is. Wow....what a treasure we have here! How wonderful of you to get into medium scrubs and help others along the way. That's awesome. When I left my recent nursing position I returned to give a sack ful of scrub tops. Unfortunately, when I was overweight the place I'd wear scrubs down was in the thighs from rubbing together....so I had to replace those more frequently! Hmmm....just stood up and they are still "touching" each other....wish we knew of some certain fat SPOT reducers! I know what you mean about going past a mirror....my neck looks so long now! I've even allowed my hair to grow about 1 1/2" longer than my usual. My hairdresser wanted it about this length in the past but when I did it was just like an ARROW pointing to my previous double chin. No double chin any more! Today I went to the grocery store to buy DH a gallon of milk, didn't need anything else. I was wearing shorts and felt SO different walking in there without holding onto (hiding) behind a grocery cart! I felt tall, lean, thin. It helps that I lost 1.6 lbs too this week....but I "feel" different about how I might look to others now. Have you noticed that yet? Seeing someone over 50 lbs overweight with a large girth to their upper abdomen and you know it's omentum/visceral body fat? That was totally ME! I'm still in size 10 - 12's but NO muffin top any longer. I even tuck shirts in now.
An important thing I have done, to help me really BELIEVE my weight loss, and to make me never want to go back up the scales again, is have a photo taken of me from the back and side every 6-8 wks or so. It's as if I had literally stepped into a fat suit at 190....but I wish it were as easy as unzipping it and stepping out! We have been learning SO much. This site is amazing. Thank you Shelley...thank you all my LCFs! Someday I may post the true "before" photos....will wait til I have some exciting "afters" to also post!
Old 07-24-2010, 01:46 PM   #437
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Jerome

Jerome is on the front cover of the new Medi magazine along with an excellent article about his weight loss journey.

Jerome, I am so excited to have gotten to follow your journey and to have met you and your wife. Please tell her hi for me. You guys are awesome!
Old 07-24-2010, 01:49 PM   #438
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Shelley,

You can upload your images to ImageShack® - Online Media Hosting. It is not a social site, just a place to upload images. I would love to see a picture of your beloved pet.

I am glad you are feeling better, but give yourself permission and time to grieve. You lost a family member.
Old 07-24-2010, 03:00 PM   #439
Senior LCF Member

Let me see if I can do this.

Oops, guess not. Lemme try again.

Last edited by SonoRoo; 07-24-2010 at 03:10 PM..
Old 07-24-2010, 03:10 PM   #440
Senior LCF Member

One last try.

Kaiso Doggie

Last edited by SonoRoo; 07-24-2010 at 03:20 PM..
Old 07-24-2010, 05:08 PM   #441
Senior LCF Member

He's so sweet. I'm sad! Thank you for posting his picture.
Old 07-24-2010, 05:11 PM   #442
Major LCF Poster!

Sweet puppy! (I call any dog a puppy....it's like our kids our always our babies). Thank you for sharing him with us...he brought us all through our previous pet memories.
Old 07-24-2010, 06:34 PM   #443
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Hope everyone is having a good weekend! I am mentally preparing for a lunch that I'm going to tomorrow - it's with a bunch of friends that I've had since college. We get together 2-3 times a year to just catch up. However, one of the girls and I used to be REALLY close (in each other's weddings, etc) but over the last few years I had to really distance myself from her. (She was very negative towards me and everything about me - made me 2nd guess myself all the time, would put me down for personal choices I made...basically, every time we ended up talking/seeing each other I was in a bad mood afterwards!). And I'm anxious about seeing her tomorrow! I know she is going to say something about whatever food I order (even though she has NO idea that I'm doing any sort of weight loss program), and she just really puts a downer on my seeing this group of friends!

And I have no idea what to order for lunch anyways - so I'm thinking about that. Any recommendations for an EARLY lunch (11 am...the above mentioned friend insisted on it being at this time since she is pregnant and would need to rest later in the day and she also picked the restaurant) @ Chili's?

Ugh - why do we do these things to ourselves??? I need to know that she has no impact on my life or my life choices...and I have to stay strong tomorrow at lunch!!! Usually I am a very strong person - and I hate that she changes that about me...ugh!

Over 100lbs. GONE FOREVER
Thanks to MWL!
8 months to Wellness....5/11/10 - 1/11/11
Old 07-24-2010, 07:26 PM   #444
Major LCF Poster!

Chili's is one place I know what to order!! I don't remember what it's called exactly but they have a spinach and shrimp salad that I toned down somehow. I think its like Lime Fired Shrimp or something...so delicious! One time I even ordered just 2 servings of only the shrimp!

You wrote: "Usually I am a very strong person - and I hate that she changes that about me...ugh!" To coin a phrase my husband says: "Don't GIVE your power away." She cannot change you...you don't NEED to react to her...you don't need to nurture yourself after her put down. So, how are you going to make yourself feel great instead? She probably has that personality everywhere/with everyone....people know it and they don't appreciate it. So, it's not YOU. And, if she senses you're weak she'll poke at it. That's a lie. We see the first part: "Usually I am a very strong person..." This gets into the whole Books and Blog thread that we have here. You're going to have to learn this lesson to stay successful in your goal...so, remember how great it feels to be healthy and happy for the people who really matter and make you truly, truly feel loved...your daughters!

Last edited by Fit2010; 07-24-2010 at 07:33 PM..
Old 07-24-2010, 08:24 PM   #445
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2princesses View Post
Hope everyone is having a good weekend! I am mentally preparing for a lunch that I'm going to tomorrow - it's with a bunch of friends that I've had since college. We get together 2-3 times a year to just catch up. However, one of the girls and I used to be REALLY close (in each other's weddings, etc) but over the last few years I had to really distance myself from her. (She was very negative towards me and everything about me - made me 2nd guess myself all the time, would put me down for personal choices I made...basically, every time we ended up talking/seeing each other I was in a bad mood afterwards!). And I'm anxious about seeing her tomorrow! I know she is going to say something about whatever food I order (even though she has NO idea that I'm doing any sort of weight loss program), and she just really puts a downer on my seeing this group of friends!

And I have no idea what to order for lunch anyways - so I'm thinking about that. Any recommendations for an EARLY lunch (11 am...the above mentioned friend insisted on it being at this time since she is pregnant and would need to rest later in the day and she also picked the restaurant) @ Chili's?

Ugh - why do we do these things to ourselves??? I need to know that she has no impact on my life or my life choices...and I have to stay strong tomorrow at lunch!!! Usually I am a very strong person - and I hate that she changes that about me...ugh!
Keri--To quote Eleanor Roosevelt, "No one can make you feel inferior without your permission." Try really hard to remember that all of her negativity is HER problem. If/when she starts in on you, change the subject, ask her about herself, turn your attention to someone else, if you can. I would recommend that you NOT tell any of them about Medi, or you will get negative comments, at least from that "friend". Good that you've distanced yourself from her. Try to keep that attitude tomorrow, remembering all of your successes of late. Gosh, you've lost 40 lbs. since May! Who in that group can say that they've done that?? TRY to enjoy yourself, stay on plan, and you'll come away the winner.

Shelley, what a sweet boy! Thanks so much for sharing his picture. Just imagine how much sweeter Heaven has become with him there.
Old 07-25-2010, 07:40 AM   #446
Senior LCF Member

Thanks you guys. <3

Today is nice. I was 165 last week and panicking because I hadn't really been paying attention to my weight loss mini goal. I had from 7/19 until 7/31 to lose 5 lbs. So I rechecked my diet and started getting better about my exercise and today I am at 162. I am pretty sure I can make the mini-goal before the end of the month. I'm figuring that averages out to about 10-12 lbs. per month which I feel is a healthy weight loss. I could probably do more if I weren't so distracted from my exercise.

The downside to that...I had to buy A-cup bras yesterday.
Old 07-25-2010, 07:57 AM   #447
Senior LCF Member

I tried the pancake this morning and it was pretty yummy. I think mine was pretty thick and I'll either half the recipe next time or make two separate pancakes. Either way, it was good and I'll have it again.

Great news today - I was 149.8 on the scale. WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Old 07-25-2010, 08:55 AM   #448
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tydreamer View Post

Great news today - I was 149.8 on the scale. WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Yay!
Old 07-25-2010, 09:11 AM   #449
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tydreamer View Post
Lea, way to go!!

Shelley, you can do those 2 more lbs. this week. about the loss up top. I am hating that, too, since I am pear-shaped, and that's always the first to go. Oh, well, I guess we'll balance out eventually. Sure would like to get that back without gaining weight again.
Old 07-25-2010, 12:50 PM   #450
Major LCF Poster!

Congratulations Lea!! WhaHOO!

Hope everyone is having a great Sunday!
Closed Thread