Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2010, 08:45 PM   #271
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SonoRoo
Stats: 5'1" ~ 187.6/162/115
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: May 20, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by RACM View Post
I have also vowed that once the weight is gone for a while I am getting a tummy tuck and breast lift.
OMG, we were having this exact discussion today at work!!! I don't want implants,
but in 4 generations I am the one that the Big Boob Fairy skipped.
I have vowed if the nipples are inverted or they turn into National Geographic Boobies then I will get small implants,
no bigger than a B cup.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2010, 08:50 PM   #272
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Shelley - Whew! I knew being at work was going to be tough for you today. You haven't said, but I hope you're about to have a several day stretch off now. Your sweet boy Kaiso loves you....and so do we!
Old 07-14-2010, 08:56 PM   #273
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Debbie!!! I was actually off Sunday (except for some call after midnight) and then all day Monday and Tuesday. I am back on today through Friday with back-up vascular call on Friday and then I am off the weekend. I will be off call most of next week too, so things will be ok but not ideal. We are having a new septic installed tomorrow and I will only be here till 1pm. Then I have to go to work.

I can't take off any more time because I will be going to D.C. in Aug to visit my brother and then I am going to Japan & South Korea in September with my hubby. So I am saving my time off for that. It's always so dang busy and I can't seem to slow down!!!

Do Over Mini Goal: at or below 160 before May
Old 07-14-2010, 11:14 PM   #274
Major LCF Poster!

Shelley - Going to PM you....I lived in Japan for 3 years!
Old 07-15-2010, 05:04 AM   #275
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
Woke up still frustrated about this plateau I seem to be on. On my home scale I haven 't lost any weight this week, even though I haven't changed a thing, and I've only lost 5lbs in the last month. Why is it happening so slowly now? Do I need to do anything different? I could use some encouragment!

On a side note I am going to be around an old "friend" on Saturday. We use to be really good friends until I realized how poorly she treated me. My husband hated it when we were friends because she was really nasty too me, and never supportive of me. I haven't seen her since I have lost weight except for once about a month ago and that was only in passing. I told my hubby that I wanted to wear something that made me look the best. But I think that is part of why I am so frustrated with the slowed down weight loss.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:57 AM   #276
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
HA! Group discount... that is hysterical! I wish!

They do everything these days cosmetically. They even have thigh lifts. I never understood that until now. lol

Guys, this maintenance thing is so hard. I'm focusing on the Beck Diet Solutions right now because my mind is not where it should be. Gaining 2 lbs from vacation really messed with me. It really is a daily battle and I'm hoping I can be where Jo is some day and have that kind of strength. I'm still counting everything that goes into my mouth and I know I'm supposed to do that but it feels obsessive to me. But I know if I don't count, I'll lose control and it will all creep back up...

In Wellness as of 6/4/2010!
Old 07-15-2010, 06:39 AM   #277
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tydreamer
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 2/10/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by eptexy View Post
I'm still counting everything that goes into my mouth and I know I'm supposed to do that but it feels obsessive to me. But I know if I don't count, I'll lose control and it will all creep back up...
Debbie and I were just talking about this yesterday. I am completely ready and committed to writing down every morsel of food that goes into my mouth for the rest of my life, but that is my anal personality. I'm a lister, an organizer, a compartmental person. This doesn't feel obsessive to me, but rather like control and stability. For most people, probably the NORMAL people, this seems like overkill and feels completely unnatural. I mean, eating is a basic function - why do we have to pay so much attention to every detail about it? For me, it's because it's a true addiction. And since food isn't something that can be completely eliminated like cigarettes or alcohol, I feel like I will have to monitor this "drug" to remain in control.
Old 07-15-2010, 07:13 AM   #278
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tydreamer View Post
Debbie and I were just talking about this yesterday. I am completely ready and committed to writing down every morsel of food that goes into my mouth for the rest of my life, but that is my anal personality. I'm a lister, an organizer, a compartmental person. This doesn't feel obsessive to me, but rather like control and stability. For most people, probably the NORMAL people, this seems like overkill and feels completely unnatural. I mean, eating is a basic function - why do we have to pay so much attention to every detail about it? For me, it's because it's a true addiction. And since food isn't something that can be completely eliminated like cigarettes or alcohol, I feel like I will have to monitor this "drug" to remain in control.
That's a VERY good point, Lea. Thank you.
Old 07-15-2010, 07:50 AM   #279
Senior LCF Member

lins, when I seem to stop losing I up my calories by 100-200 for a day or so and see how that affects my weight loss. It usually does the trick and gets me started again. I have also had a weekend where my family went out for sushi and I had more carbs than allowed, not by much, maybe 20gms but apparently that was enough to jump start me too. I know just not to make it a habit. I keep in mind that my health is more important than the need for the junk carbs and the next day I go back to eating MWL. I know this is not a solution for everyone because of the addictive nature of the junk carbs, but if you can handle it, it can help. I think sometimes our body just needs something to change to wake it up and jump start the weight loss.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:05 AM   #280
Senior LCF Member

That works for me too, Shelley. Sometimes mixing it up is the greatest thing! Change what you eat, change your exercise, etc. And it doesn't have to be "junk carbs". You can add a fruit too. Or even eat more protein!
Old 07-15-2010, 10:24 AM   #281
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by tydreamer View Post
Debbie and I were just talking about this yesterday. I am completely ready and committed to writing down every morsel of food that goes into my mouth for the rest of my life, but that is my anal personality. I'm a lister, an organizer, a compartmental person. This doesn't feel obsessive to me, but rather like control and stability.
I really think that is part of why Medi is working for me! I am such a list-maker and an organizer...my husband always thinks its funny when I sit down on the weekend and write out our food for the week (I've even gotten to the point that I now write down what the girls and I will be eating for lunch each day!). I then hang it on the side of the fridge and know exactly what I planned on. I NEED that organization...when I don't have it - I would end up snacking all day on junk carbs! I need the accountability of tracking everything - the more anal my record-keeping, the better I feel about it!

Over 100lbs. GONE FOREVER
Thanks to MWL!
8 months to Wellness....5/11/10 - 1/11/11
Old 07-15-2010, 10:38 AM   #282
Senior LCF Member

I got so frustrated that I finally called my clinc to ask for advice. They told me to have a "free" day. To eat mostly Medi-approved foods, with a small carb snack, and not to worry about counting calories, but not to "binge" either. Just eat more protein, and a special snack today. And then go right back to Medi only food tomorrow, low on the carbs.

So that's what I'm doing. I had a couple spoonfuls of low-fat peanut butter for "lunch" I rarely eat peanut butter so it was a nice change.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:43 AM   #283
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
~Erin~Make no mistake about it, sweetie - I STILL write down everything that goes in my mouth. It keeps me accountable. I am approaching 1 year now since I reached my goal weight, and it has been a difficult year as I am still figuring out what will work and what will not. I know that the low carb tortillas will not, but an occasional water cracker will. I know that ice cream will not, but cherries will work. I do not care for pizza or Mexican food so that is not an issue. But spaghetti is an issue so I use Dreamfields pasta and a sugarfree sauce when the mood strikes. I invested in a George Foreman grill so I can cook my fish more easily. I still weigh out my turkey and chicken even though I am pretty clear about 3-4 oz looks like. I made the realization about half way through this year, that the journaling and weighing are just part of who I am now, and that is the way it is.

I am older than you as well, and the original Buns of Steel is helping me a great deal with the jiggles in places I wish they weren't. That and walking like a mad person even in this heat. I am out really early in the mornings now, as it is 90 plus by 9am, I have to be back inside. The humidity is up too which makes it extremely uncomfortable to be outside unless I am by a pool. I still have a little tiny bit of a tummy area that I want to tighten up but walking is really working on that area too.

I weigh every morning also, and know that my weight fluctuates with how hot it is outside because my water intake goes upwards of 160 ounces some days. And I retain water like a house afire. I go to the clinic once a month or more like every 6 weeks. Accountability and support are the reasons for that.

This program truly has changed my life and the way I look at a whole lot of things. I never had weight issues before I moved to PHX and became a couch potato except for 1 mile walks every day. I believe those walks are the only thing that really saved my fitness level from deteriorating completely. As a lifelong athlete, I really have come back from the deep. And it is all so very worth it.

So for all of you struggling, hang in there..for all of you getting close to goal and it is slowing down terribly, hang in there....this is totally worth all the hard work, the sweat, the frustration. You will all get there. One day at a time...

Jo
Old 07-15-2010, 11:08 AM   #284
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert-Rose7 View Post
~

This program truly has changed my life and the way I look at a whole lot of things. I never had weight issues before I moved to PHX and became a couch potato except for 1 mile walks every day. I believe those walks are the only thing that really saved my fitness level from deteriorating completely. As a lifelong athlete, I really have come back from the deep. And it is all so very worth it.

So for all of you struggling, hang in there..for all of you getting close to goal and it is slowing down terribly, hang in there....this is totally worth all the hard work, the sweat, the frustration. You will all get there. One day at a time...

Jo
Thanks, Jo for that boost! Hey, would you do me a favor and look at my last entry on the Energy In/Energy Out thread about jogging/walking/needing new shoes....I mean since you are such an avid athlete and all!? I'd appreciate your expertise!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Last edited by Fit2010; 07-15-2010 at 11:10 AM..
Old 07-15-2010, 11:24 AM   #285
Senior LCF Member

I have to say that I always find Jo & Debbie's words so inspiring - you both are amazing!

That's all!
Old 07-15-2010, 11:26 AM   #286
Major LCF Poster!

Headed over there, Debbie..and thank you Keri!
Old 07-15-2010, 12:22 PM   #287
Senior LCF Member

Jo, thank you for your encouragment to all of us. I am feeling refreshed and renewed again after talking to my doctor at the clinc this morning. I ate a bowl of cereal as my "splurge" today, and I am back to a week one eatting until Monday when I go back in to the clinc. I have been out of ketosis for about a week now. At first I thought it was due to running a lot (which has happened before), but now I'm not so sure. So I am really hoping that this splurge today (which I haven't done in the last 13 wks), and the 3 days of week one eatting will give me a little jump start. All I know is that it has totally changed my attitude so at least I am feeling excited about the program again, which I really really really needed.
Old 07-15-2010, 12:37 PM   #288
Major LCF Poster!

Aww, thanks Keri!
Old 07-15-2010, 04:50 PM   #289
Senior LCF Member

[QUOTE=Desert-Rose7;13694015 ...and it has been a difficult year as I am still figuring out what will work and what will not. I know that the low carb tortillas will not, but an occasional water cracker will. I know that ice cream will not, but cherries will work.
Jo[/QUOTE]

Jo, when you say this, what do you mean? I'm pretty close to maintenance and I'm curious about statements such as this. What do you mean when you say the low carb tortillas and ice cream will not work. Do they trigger cravings? Leave you feeling hungry sooner, prompting you to eat the next meal sooner? Making it harder for you to control your food intake at your next meal? For all of us who are close (or even not! with maintenance as our goal) can you elaborate on this a bit more?

Thanks!
Old 07-15-2010, 06:48 PM   #290
Major LCF Poster!

Certainly, Lea! I "try out" different foods to see how my body will respond to them. Are they something I can safely add back in without reactions - either from weight gain (slight) or bloaty feeling (type of carbs) or tummy issues. There are some that just do not set well with me. Maintenance is really trial and error as you figure out what works for you and what doesn't. If something does not set well with me after a couple of tries, I just let it go.
The hassle is not worth it to me. So this whole past year has been finding out what foods I am okay with and which ones cause problems for me. Cravings? No that is not a problem. Hunger pangs, nope not a problem either. I simply am listening to my body and how it reacts to various foods....which is something I did not pay a lot of attention to previously.

Processed foods are not in my house anymore - unless you consider Dreamfields pasta or the sugar free sauce. They are obviousy premade. I do not buy the packaged deli foods or canned vegies or canned fruits. I buy fresh as much as possible. It simply works better for me.

Does that help at all? Feel free to ask questions. That is how we learn.

Jo
Old 07-15-2010, 07:17 PM   #291
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Nance7
Stats: 5'3" 165/125/135 Restart 7/9/12 at 142
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 5/31/2010
Oh, no. I just posted the other day that the swelling in my legs, ankles, feet had disappeared on this plan. IT'S BACK with a vengeance (and on a day when I wore new, slimmer crop pants). I generally feel puffy all over, and I don't know why. Have been drinking all of my fluid, not eating anymore salt than usual, not being out in the heat. I was up .6 lbs at my weigh-in yesterday (but lost 2.8 lbs of fat). What is going on?
Old 07-15-2010, 07:23 PM   #292
Senior LCF Member

Jo I find your information to be very helpful. Thanks for being a good example for those of us who are getting closer to our goal. I have been reading alot about listen to our bodies when it comes to eatting so this makes a lot of since to me. I ate a bowl of cereal today (per my clinic, I start week one tomorrow in hopes to "jump start" my system), and even though I have been craving it since I started the program and missing cereal like crazy, after I had that bowl today I didn't feel all that great. I ate honey nut cheerios and it just didn't do for me what I thought it would. I realized it was an "emotional" food for me that I ate a lot of growing up and now that I am not eatting out of emotion it didn't hold the same feelings for me. It was really amazing to learn that. So I totally understand what you mean about maintance being a trial an error about listening to your body.
Old 07-15-2010, 07:25 PM   #293
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Charlene4
Stats: 154.5/135/135
WOE: vegan/vegetarian
Start Date: June 7,2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nance7 View Post
Oh, no. I just posted the other day that the swelling in my legs, ankles, feet had disappeared on this plan. IT'S BACK with a vengeance (and on a day when I wore new, slimmer crop pants). I generally feel puffy all over, and I don't know why. Have been drinking all of my fluid, not eating anymore salt than usual, not being out in the heat. I was up .6 lbs at my weigh-in yesterday (but lost 2.8 lbs of fat). What is going on?
i have this same issue. About 6 out of 7 days I feel bloated or puffy at least in the tummy. I know I've gotten smaller since starting this plan and weight (13.5lbs) and fat (16lbs) but it sucks to feel puffy when you're trying to feel smaller. I wish I had some advice but I'd love to hear if anyone else has a solution.
Old 07-15-2010, 07:56 PM   #294
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert-Rose7 View Post
Certainly, Lea! I "try out" different foods to see how my body will respond to them. Are they something I can safely add back in without reactions - either from weight gain (slight) or bloaty feeling (type of carbs) or tummy issues. There are some that just do not set well with me.

I simply am listening to my body and how it reacts to various foods....which is something I did not pay a lot of attention to previously.

I buy fresh as much as possible. It simply works better for me.

Does that help at all? Feel free to ask questions. That is how we learn.

Jo
This helps a TON! I have ulcerative colitis and irritible bowel syndrome and this made more sense to me that you realize. Adding foods back in will a challenge to me because of my "addiction" and my illness. Before Medi, practically everything I ate made me feel horrible and bloated and miserable and yet I ate it anyway. In maintenance and for the rest of my life, if something I eat doesn't keep me feeling great, or makes me feel worse, it'll just be off the food list. There's plenty of foods that I've been eating on Medi thus far that make me feel great.

This is EXACTLY what I needed to hear. Thank you for sharing!

Lins - cereal has been probably my very favorite comfort food my entire life. And I never really felt all that great after eating it, but ate it because I love it going down. And I love all of it. Sugary kid cereals, Raisin Bran, Shredded Wheat, I love it all. That's one of the foods that I've been wondering how I'll add back in. Will it be Fiber One with Almond Milk? Will it be Special K? Will I go all out crazy and have Crunch Berries? But now, after reading Jo's post and YOUR post about cereal specifically, it really doesn't even sound all that alluring anymore.

Gosh, I love this site. THANK YOU, EVERYONE, FOR SHARING!!!!!
Old 07-15-2010, 08:11 PM   #295
Senior LCF Member

Thank you, Jo, for talking about your journey during maintenance!! You're the only one around who does and your input has been so so helpful to me while I figure this all out.

Lins, I have occasionally been eating Fiber One or the new Fiber Plus with Antioxidants (tastes like Cinnamon Toast Crunch) and both are low in sugar and high in fiber. Just a heads up. I have found that eating cereal in the mornings makes me hungry the rest of the day though so I only eat it on occasion. It's interesting that you no longer were impressed with cereal like you once were. I felt the same after eating a bite of my son's pizza this other day. It didn't appeal to me whatsoever and I made myself a chicken sausage and dipped it in marinara instead!
Old 07-15-2010, 08:24 PM   #296
Major LCF Poster!

Interesting discussion we have going on here....fits in well with my conversation of July 4th and having eaten at sister in law's with minimal protein options (ate Stoffer's lasagna and bread sticks)....first time I can say of that combo yech! Didn't taste bad, but didn't taste "like I remember" and did not satisfy my body for a meal. Plus gained weight though I'd exercised. So simple carb pasta and simple white bread is out. Why waste the calories?
Old 07-16-2010, 05:23 AM   #297
Senior LCF Member

I am now week one eatting until my weigh-in on Monday morning. I sure hope that this helps jump start my body again. I am excited to be "doing something". I am actually going grocery shopping today to get "week one" food and to get food that I can take with me on my vacation next week, and for the first time in a long time I am looking forward to it. After 13 weeks I think I was just stuck in a rut, and I finally feel like I'm out of it.
Old 07-16-2010, 05:30 AM   #298
Senior LCF Member

Well, I will say that I had 1 single sourdough crusty roll at Legal Seafood while I was on vacation with butter and it was SO GOOD. So to me, it was worth it. I don't remember if I craved stuff after that. Probably. But I didn't have the opportunity to rummage through the fridge since we were out of town.

Lins, I hope you broke through your plateau! I'm exited for you. I know that once I added carbs back in, I started losing weight again on maintenance. I'm still doing it actually. Even with my high carb count yesterday, the scale was a pound lower. Just when I think I have it figured out...
Old 07-16-2010, 05:31 AM   #299
Senior LCF Member

I am beyond aggravated right now!!! Just had to come somewhere to vent for a moment! Got up early this AM to go for a walk - got both girls up, dressed, fed - and we were out of the house. We've been going to a nearby bike path to walk so my oldest can ride her bike while the youngest rides in her stroller. I get them in their car seats and try to start the car....it won't start! My car is only 2 years old, shouldn't have these problems. I call my husband (who has been working about 2 hours away from home, he leaves Sunday nights and comes home Friday nights) and he says to call AAA. Well, somehow my name isn't on the acct - only his - and they wont come service the car unless he is HERE! DH was basically like "oh well, what can you do? I'll look at it tonight or tomorrow". Gee, THANKS!

It is supposed to be extremely hot & humid today (which is why I was going out at 7:30 to get my walk done with the girls). We can't walk around the house and have my daughter on her bike - not quiet enough roads or all sidewalks for her. So - this means no walk until tonight, no trip to the grocery store - have NO idea what we'll eat for lunch, and no 2nd shot today at Medi.

UGH - I just had the entire day planned out....and now, nothing! Aggravated more I think with DH though because his response when I said now I can't go walking was that its "not a big deal if you skip a day". Um, yeah - to me it is. UGH!!!

And the best part - I had to wake up both girls this AM so we could go out, I could've let them sleep...because now we'll spend the day at home with 2 tired girls (and 1 cranky Mommy who really wanted to walk!).

Thanks for listening!
Old 07-16-2010, 10:17 AM   #300
Senior LCF Member

Oh Keri that really sucks. I did that a few weeks ago. My Dh and accidently taken my keys to work so I had no car....totally ruined my plans for the day, and with 3 kids at home, that's not fun. Do you have any videos you could do at home? We hate netflix stream and they have a dance video on that. I do that with my girls on days that I can't get out for my fun. It helps me workout and the girls burn off some energy.

I am having a very positive "Medi" day. Having a plan to get through my plateau has really helped my attitdue. I don't even mind the week one eatting until monday. I had to go to the grocery this morning to get some food and i was all smiles.
Closed Thread