Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Medi Weightloss (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/)
-   -   How did you know? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/681016-how-did-you-know.html)

zeraspride 06-29-2010 12:08 PM

How did you know?

I am pretty close to giving this way of eating a try. I have read some of the threads and everyone seems so positive about the program and their results. I would just like some opinions about how you knew this was the program for you. When I did low carb back in 2001/2002, I just knew it was time for a change and I was so excited to get started. I am starting to feel the same way about this program but I could use some encouragement.

How do you all really like this program and is it worth it to you?

Ortal 06-29-2010 01:30 PM

it was worth it to me. Im a single mom with a ton of bills and I didnt want to throw away this money, for me it was a last desperate way to loose the weight. I was at the heaviest I ever was. I just plunged in. My first week I stuck to it because I didnt want to waste money. Then I lost almost 9 pounds in one week and that kept me coming back.

it DOES work if you stick to it, you just have to you know... do it:)

lins 06-29-2010 03:45 PM

It is worth it. It is truly, "the one that works". If you stick with the program which is pretty easy to do after the first week, you will see amazing results. Like every "diet" there are good days and bad days, but with the help of your clinic and this board you can make it through the bad days, and you will learn a new healthier way of eatting that can last you a lifetime without too much struggle. I would recommend this to my best friend....which I wouldn't do if I didn't truly belive in it.

mommy2princesses 06-29-2010 04:01 PM

I have to agree with Ortal & Lins - this program IS worth it, it IS do-able, it IS the one that works. I have tried everything (as many on this board can also say!) and in 7 weeks I have lost 33 lbs....that's more than I lost in months on other programs. I am learning a whole new way of eating - never mind what I am learning about myself and why I am addicted to the food the way that I am. Medi is not a "diet" - it is a new way of life. It shows us how to be more conscious of the foods we eat, and WHY we eat them - which is very key for me. I would honestly recommend this to anyone.

The first week I stuck to the plan to a T - and lost 12 lbs. That right there was motivation to stick to it for Week 2, then 3, and so on.

My vote is to go for it! This board is a HUGE support system, I'm sure you're going to get this same response from everyone!

-Keri

ravenrose 06-29-2010 06:21 PM

Oh goodness, I got this in my google feed and was all ready to wax poetic about how perfectly wonderful it is, and then I see that you are talking about Medi. Jeesh. Never mind! LOL good luck though.

Desert-Rose7 06-29-2010 06:21 PM

Take a look at this thread, and see what and why this worked for Jerry, Susie and myself. You will need to do this for you, and for no one else. You must make the commitment to do it and then go for it.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/me...s-stories.html

Jo

SonoRoo 06-29-2010 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ravenrose (Post 13642412)
Oh goodness, I got this in my google feed and was all ready to wax poetic about how perfectly wonderful it is, and then I see that you are talking about Medi. Jeesh. Never mind! LOL good luck though.

... :confused:

mommy2princesses 06-29-2010 08:10 PM

Shelley - I thought the same thing!!!

-Keri

Ortal 06-30-2010 05:50 AM

also i think this program works because it takes all the key elements -- diet, motivation, great support system, and throws in the appetite suppressant, which is a HUGE help for me.

cristiansmom 06-30-2010 02:03 PM

Yes, it's worth it.. I don't think I could do it though without the appetite suppressants! It's a different lifestyle!!! The reason I am doing it is because I don't want to have surgery...

Ortal 07-01-2010 07:05 AM

medi weight loss cost/effort < cost/effort of surgery and future weight related health problems :)